Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,842 members, 7,956,167 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:37 AM

1.6 Million Job Lies, Wild Animal Budget And The Implication - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 1.6 Million Job Lies, Wild Animal Budget And The Implication (398 Views)

Keyamo Speaks On Legal Implication Of President's Gift Of 2 Jeeps / Lagos IGR Now 75% Of State Budget...And IGR of each State / What's The Implication Of Sir Ahmadu Bello's October 12, 1960 Statement? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

1.6 Million Job Lies, Wild Animal Budget And The Implication by dmighty: 2:41am On Jan 03, 2014
Happy new year to you all.
The insult of a blatant lie from Madam Okonjo Iweala as touching 1.6 million jobs created in 2013 is unprecedented.
If the President had not repeated it as part of his achievement in his January 1st broadcast, may be we will call it an overstatement from the overzealous Minister. But Mr President chose to include this as a major achievement!
Let me start by saying that Okonjo Iweala must have been an excellent woman only on paper economy. Don't even abuse me yet, until you can prove that what this government said is true. Working in international organisation is matter of time and chance, has little to do with your brain...
Straight to the point here, 1.6 million jobs is the same as 1 million, 600 thousand jobs created for Nigerians in 2013 by Fed Government. This implies that if we are to calculate it based on 36 states of the federation, including FCT, President Jonathan meant an average of 43,243 Nigerians were employed in each state within 12 months. It also means an average of 3,600 Nigerians were employed each month in each State of the Federation by federal Government.
What this implies by our quietness is that whatever money is meant for 1.6 million Unemployed Nigerians had been taken care of by some powers that be, since it is assumed these number of employees were catered for in 2013.
Why do this Government enjoy broad day lies as though Nigerians just woke up to see the 12th month of the year without following the happenings all through the year 2013.
Now the same Leaders had already come out with 'Wild Animal Budget' for 2014. If 18 thousand naira is what is deemed fit for a Nigerian (say Office Assistance), why should the same leaders plan to feed Aso Rock Wild animals with 1.5 million in a month. Are these animals indeed animals, or they are animals in human skin? Even at that, whether those animals are 'attack dog, Shipopo, Monkey or whatever, how can a nation budget 38 millions for animal in Aso Rock. Kenyans are already 'ridiculing' Nigeria for coming to their Independence day with 7 private jets, why should the president insists on getting the 11th jet.
A nation with capital expenditure(i.e road, water, infrastructures etc) of 27% and recurrent(i.e for food, salary, allowances of the few) of 73%.
I remember Okonjo Iweal while returning said capital Expenditure must Increase to have any meaningful development. Out of 4.9 trillion budget, capital budget is 1.1 trillion, over 400 million will go for Jonathan's feeding, over 2 billion for his trips, about 500 million to maintain his residence, 150 billion for the National Assembly, and so many annoying things in the budget that will make you cry for this nation.
In a nation where nothing is wrong if you treat 'wild animals far better than human being created in the image of God almighty. Yet we see nothing abominable about such act, yet when anyone says he does not believe in God, it is abominable (of cause the Bible already named such fellow a f00l). Do you see how religious we are without even caring for what God cares for!!
Don't even think the National Assembly will see anything wrong, they will only make noise so as to increase there own loot. Indeed, woe unto a land when the KING is a child (apart from food and catoon, what else matter to a child), and Princes FEAST in the morning but not for strength.
I already gave up on Jonathan and his cabinet. May be we will be fortunate in 2015, just in case it ever comes!!
Re: 1.6 Million Job Lies, Wild Animal Budget And The Implication by dmighty: 7:34am On May 26, 2015
I just remember how your Hero budgetted to better the nation under him.....IMPUNITY and WICKEDNESS
Re: 1.6 Million Job Lies, Wild Animal Budget And The Implication by simpleseyi: 7:47am On May 26, 2015
The wild animals at Aso Rock actually needs millions for feeding. The wild animals are precious animals. The wild animals are Mr & Mrs Jonathan and their biological and adopted children.

(1) (Reply)

2015: P.D.P Northwest Expresses Support For Jonathan / The Struggle So Far / Rivers Lawmaker, Chidi Lloyd, Arrested For Alleged Murder

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.