Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,440 members, 7,836,765 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:26 PM

Why Do Ladies Get Married? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Ladies Get Married? (953 Views)

Why Do Most Single Ladies Get Angry When Addressed As 'ma' / Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / Why Do Ladies Cry When Their Man Propose To Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Ladies Get Married? by Abbasadaji(m): 7:08am On Jan 03, 2014
In recent time i have been wondering why ladies get married,could it be because they want to have children? or because they want to have sex? or because they need a companion?some say they marry for love,they have different reasons for getting married but what reason could they have in common?
Re: Why Do Ladies Get Married? by Mynd44: 7:52am On Jan 03, 2014
Marriage; Men go in because they are tired, women out of curiosity, both end up disappointed
Re: Why Do Ladies Get Married? by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 03, 2014
All men go into marriage because they are tired and all women out of curiosity? shocked
Where did you get this from? And who told you everybody gets disappointed?

My grandparents have been married for almost 53 years and as far as my grandmother is concerned, she did it out of love and for the family. All of us have a home they can go to when the world doesn't treat us right. This is where we get our strength from.

Happy New Year kiss
Re: Why Do Ladies Get Married? by Mynd44: 8:36am On Jan 03, 2014
It's weird that you failed to see the sarcasm in my post.
Re: Why Do Ladies Get Married? by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 03, 2014
Mynd_44: It's weird that you failed to see the sarcasm in my post.

I first thought it was a quote taken from Oscar Wilde.
Re: Why Do Ladies Get Married? by frodobee: 9:40am On Jan 03, 2014
Is it funny that the OP is male?
OP should please tell us why a man or himslef will choose to marry, rather than asking how a woman manages to urinate while standing.
Re: Why Do Ladies Get Married? by Chomzy19(f): 10:51am On Jan 03, 2014
What sort of a silly question is dis one nah...
Re: Why Do Ladies Get Married? by Tallotti: 10:55am On Jan 03, 2014
A necessary inconvenience. . . DATZ ALL!

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE TO SEW ASE EBIS WITH MY MAN TO PEPE MY H-EMEMIES!!!! cool

Just to prove to myself that I am marriageable!!!!! cool

DODOLIMA!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEUmHu9K7PA
Re: Why Do Ladies Get Married? by olymurphy(f): 12:02pm On Jan 03, 2014
Ask me again
Re: Why Do Ladies Get Married? by bluuu: 12:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
op do u wanna gt married? if yes,why??
Re: Why Do Ladies Get Married? by Woged2005(f): 2:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
Marriage is biblical to provide company for humans, as ordained by God according to bible stories. "For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother, and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh." Genesis 2: 21-24) The same bible went on to write that marriage became a punishment ordained by God after Adam and Eve erred and had to go through pains to procreate and feed their offspring. Genesis 3:16. To the woman He said, “I will greatly multiply your pain in childbirth, In pain you will bring forth children;Yet your desire will be for your husband, And he will rule over you.”. Even where Bible said "He who finds a wife finds what is good and receives favor from God"( Proverbs 18:22). That was a proverb by David and not word from God. Moreover, Bible never said he will enjoy and have peace.

For the society, marriage helps create a social order, to take care of helpless kids, and help make it easy to govern and control people. In return, society rewards married people with respect and Govt rewards them with some tax benefits.

After all this fundamentals I don't know why people still expect marriage to be a bed of roses. Why do people believe Bible in piece and not in whole? Why disobey the word of God and expect Him to help you when you hit the rock? The question is: Are people marrying according to the will of God? God did not ordain marriage for enjoyment.

Most girls in Nigeria want to answer Mrs, so a man can take care of them that's why they all want to marry a 'loaded man'. The men want to be in control of the body of a beautiful woman, to have her whenever they want without permission. I guess people marry for wrong reasons.

The purpose of marriage and the woes that come with it are clearly stated for Christians in the bible in Genesis Chapter 2 & 3. A man's wife is his helpmate, and woman's husband is her provider. The man will go through pains to provide, and the woman will go through pains to give him babies, but together they will complement each other
Re: Why Do Ladies Get Married? by tintingz(m): 2:49pm On Jan 03, 2014
It is because of....

• Love

• God instructed it

• Nature

• Culture

• Society

Etc.... smiley
Re: Why Do Ladies Get Married? by Wallotti: 1:49am On Jan 04, 2014
Tallotti: A necessary inconvenience. . . DATZ ALL!
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE TO SEW ASE EBIS WITH MY MAN TO PEPE MY H-EMEMIES!!!! cool
Just to prove to myself that I am marriageable!!!!! cool
DODOLIMA!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEUmHu9K7PA

I repeat! cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lUFM8yTtUc

NOTHING LIKE A FANTASTIC NATIVE LAW AND CUSTOM WEDDING!!!! cool

(1) (Reply)

Women Who Have Babies After 33 Live Longer, Study Says / Chaz B Is Late, Pay Your Last Respect To An Icon / I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.