Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:08 AM

Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State (3564 Views)

Fatal Accident That Happened Today In Unubi, Anambra State (Graphic Photos) / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! / Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 12:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
I want to share live experience of my upcoming round trip from Ibadan to Anambra State with pictures.

Anybody interested should subscribe to this thread and enjoy.

January 3, 2014: my car has gone for checks. I have already serviced it just before Christmas so is ready. I will be replacing my worn our front tyres by tomorrow.

I will keep everyone posted as I make final preparation for the journey.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
I came back from mechanic this evening where I fixed a leaking n vibrating exhaust pipe. The guy at first didn't really know where the issue was coming from but later figured it out. The car sounds good.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 9:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
The car is a Toyota Carina E 1.6L engine. Pictures tomorrow as it is dark already.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by aieromon(m): 12:08pm On Jan 04, 2014
ping2ping: I came back from mechanic this evening where I fixed a leaking n vibrating exhaust pipe. The guy at first didn't really know where the issue was coming from but later figured it out. The car sounds good.

I don't know why most Toyota saloon cars have exhaust pipes that do not withstand the pressures of our bad roads.

Following thread. Please post enough pictures and have a smooth ride.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by bigt2(m): 3:25pm On Jan 04, 2014
Subscribing in order to create this kinda post when doing oyo-ilesha this march with renault 19 chamade, 1996 version!!! Im serious!

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by Numerouuuno: 7:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
^^^^
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by bigt2(m): 7:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
Numero uuuno: ^^^^
shocked shocked shocked
Y?? That car is a monster! Im not keeping it for nothing. Gotta tune it up a bit tho!
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 9:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
Well, I'm set for the journey by the special grace of God. The worn tyres were changed and other final checks carried out. Finally, I washed the car and about to go to bed now.

Will get fuel before the journey tomorrow. I heard that is better to buy fuel in the morning but can't really say why grin
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 04, 2014
I'll be following this thread with rapt attention. Road trips are really fun!
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
Numero uuuno: ^^^^
shocked shocked shocked

Why're you so surprised bro?
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 04, 2014
Out of interest (and curiousity) how many miles / kilometres approximately are there between Ibadan and Anambra?
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by bigt2(m): 10:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
Siena: I'll be following this thread with rapt attention. Road trips are really fun!
errrm, a little side attraction here, oga Siena, what can cause the radiator water to fill back into the bottle thereby doubling the level when viewed from the bottle (above the 'full' indicator, and besides, the bottle is the only water inlet) then within two minutes, the bottle is back to normal (the water level back to normal)
This happened after parking the car i posted above from a little trip of 5km.
Pls o!
Sorry for derailing but i love the car!! sad
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 04, 2014
big-t:
errrm, a little side attraction here, oga Siena, what can cause the radiator water to fill back into the bottle thereby doubling the level when viewed from the bottle (above the 'full' indicator, and besides, the bottle is the only water inlet) then within two minutes, the bottle is back to normal (the water level back to normal)
This happened after parking the car i posted above from a little trip of 5km.
Pls o!
Sorry for derailing but i love the car!! sad

Possible air-lock. Has the cooling system been worked on recently?

I would open a fresh thread for this though, as subsequent replies could well and truly derail this thread.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by Numerouuuno: 10:43pm On Jan 04, 2014
big-t:

Y?? That car is a monster! Im not keeping it for nothing. Gotta tune it up a bit tho!
The car looks archaic-no disrespect.
This are monsters
[/url]
And
[url=upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/Toyota_Tundra_Crew_Max_Limited.jpg]

Just create a thread for you trip when you're ready.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by bigt2(m): 10:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
Siena:

Possible air-lock. Has the cooling system been worked on recently?

I would open a fresh thread for this though, as subsequent replies could well and truly derail this thread.
Thanks!
I will be expecting or better still the link asap with other complaints!
Thanks again!
thread opened!!!
The link is here: https://www.nairaland.com/1581608/tuning-old-car-renault-19#20692991 thanks
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by Numerouuuno: 10:45pm On Jan 04, 2014
Siena:

Why're you so surprised bro?
i can't even explain it...well nothing is absolutely impossible in this Naija.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by Numerouuuno: 10:47pm On Jan 04, 2014
ping2ping: Well, I'm set for the journey by the special grace of God. The worn tyres were changed and other final checks carried out. Finally, I washed the car and about to go to bed now.

Will get fuel before the journey tomorrow. I heard that is better to buy fuel in the morning but can't really say why grin
Journey mercies bro,Drive safely.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by bigt2(m): 10:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
Numero uuuno:
The car looks archaic-no disrespect..........
Just create a thread for you trip when you're ready.
grin it looks archaic but a piece of cake!
u ought to see how i mess the EODS and co on the express!
They used to be surprised while i overtake!!!! :p :p

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by bigt2(m): 10:51pm On Jan 04, 2014
Numero uuuno:
Journey mercies bro,Drive safely.
seconded!!
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 5:11am On Jan 05, 2014
I woke up around 4am today because I have not parked. I hardly park my luggage for a journey a day before always do it early morning on d day of the journey so this one is no exception.

After prayers and shaving, I'm now putting few personal things I need for the journey together. Departure time will be around 6:30am but ofcourse I will post the actual departure time.

I have a challenge about uploading pictures. I'm using an iPad and the pictures I took at the mechanic workshop could not upload probably because of the size. Can somebody help me how to either reduce the pixel or trim down the picture?

I forgot to mention that I will be traveling with a friend who will help me to take the pictures and upload as we cruise along. So just hook up to this thread and have fun.

@Siena It is about 400km. I will post my odometer reading before I drive off and then the reading when I get to my village in Anambra State.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 5:14am On Jan 05, 2014
The route for this journey is:

Ibadan to Ore through Ife and Ondo town. From Ore to Benin By-Pass the to Asaba. From Asaba to Onitsha then to my village.

This will be the first time of going to Ore thru Ondo via Ife. So by Gods grace is going to be a smooth and safe journey
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by aieromon(m): 7:06am On Jan 05, 2014
Is this route shorter? I would have expected driving down to Ijebu Ode and bursting out into the Lagos-Benin Expressway.

Safe trip.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 7:10am On Jan 05, 2014
Took off at 7am. Stopped over to buy fuel at one of my trusted filling station in town.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by aieromon(m): 7:36am On Jan 05, 2014
ping2ping:
I have a challenge about uploading pictures. I'm using an iPad and the pictures I took at the mechanic workshop could not upload probably because of the size. Can somebody help me how to either reduce the pixel or trim down the picture?

You need to install an image size reducer on your device. Try Minima

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/minima-easiest-photo-size/id604943012?mt=8

www.iosnoops.com/appinfo/minima-super-easy-image-resizer-for-iphone-and-ipad/604943012
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by abatically(m): 8:03am On Jan 05, 2014
big-t:
grin it looks archaic but a piece of cake!
u ought to see how i mess the EODS and co on the express!
They used to be surprised while i overtake!!!! :p :p

Ha ha.. very funny. How many HP does this car produce? No disrespecting but overtaking a car that is cruising doesn't mean ur car is faster. I get this a lot.. sometimes when I'm cruising at 120km/hr, a car overtakes me and the driver looks at me like he just won a trophy for overtaking me, I just laugh like "I don't have ur time"

3 Likes

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 10:50am On Jan 05, 2014
Got to ore around 10:20am. God has bin faithful.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by Nobody: 10:56am On Jan 05, 2014
ping2ping: I have a challenge about uploading pictures. I'm using an iPad and the pictures I took at the mechanic workshop could not upload probably because of the size. Can somebody help me how to either reduce the pixel or trim down the picture?

Email me your pictures, and I'll upload them with my Photobucket account.

siena_@hotmail.co.uk
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 3:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
I got home around 2:45pm. The journey was smooth by the Special grace of God.

For the pictures, I had my friend I travelled with take snap shorts with his BB and transferred to my iPad thru BBM so I will upload them now.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 3:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
I saw this Peugeot 404 pick up van between Ife and ondo. I didn't know it still on the road.

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by Ikenna351(m): 3:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
ping2ping: I saw this Peugeot 404 pick up van between Ife and ondo. I didn't know it still on the road.

It's called "Never Say Die". tongue

Ikenna
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 4:01pm On Jan 05, 2014
The road from Ondo town to Ore has lots of bends. Had to be very careful there. The view looks good though

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 4:05pm On Jan 05, 2014
Adeyemi College of Education, Ondo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2008 Camry: My Car Is Jerking On Idle! / Caught An Uber Driver Having Sex In His Cab While Still Driving / Rolls-royce, Ferrari, Lamborghini Abandoned In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.