Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,778 members, 7,820,718 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State (3576 Views)

Fatal Accident That Happened Today In Unubi, Anambra State (Graphic Photos) / My Road Trip From Lagos To Ibadan. Pictures! / Trip From Abuja To Enugu & Anambra With My 505 V6 (1,505 Km/935 Miles) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 4:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
Niger Bridge, Onitsha. Never seen any bridge like this in Nigeria.

So much for vehicles leaving Onitsha. Mobile Policemen and FRSC were on hand to help. If not, I may still be there by now grin

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 4:34pm On Jan 05, 2014
On d brige

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by bigt2(m): 5:06pm On Jan 05, 2014
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 5:21pm On Jan 05, 2014
It started raining just before Ife. The Camrys exhaust was hitting the road n owner didn't care. Thank God I spent some fixing mine

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 5:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
Had to use wipers. Again good enough I changed mine before this trip.

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 5:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
Hawkers at Ife round about. They were abusing us while taking these pictures especially the guy hawking phone charger grin

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 5:35pm On Jan 05, 2014
Ife round about is also notable for Hot "akara" (beans cake). I didn't buy but what attracted to the liquid in Green bottles cheesy

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 5:39pm On Jan 05, 2014
This pedestrian bridge at Ikire Osun State is of no use. A waste of tax payers money. So many bumps there

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by bigt2(m): 5:42pm On Jan 05, 2014
^who will climb that up just for the sake of crossing the road? Whatever happened to Zebra crossing in Nigeria. I taya ooo . sad
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by abatically(m): 5:49pm On Jan 05, 2014
big-t:
^who will climb that up just for the sake of crossing the road? Whatever happened to Zebra crossing in Nigeria. I taya ooo . sad

zebra crossing for highway? I taya oo
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
big-t:

I would personally use the pedestrian bridge.

Zebra crossings in Nigeria are deadly, even in the cities. You use them, and find yourself running forwards, or jumping back to the kerb, to avoid being struck by vehicles driven fast, by drivers who just don't care. They have little or no intention of stopping.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by bigt2(m): 6:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
abatically: .

zebra crossing for highway? I taya oo
is that not the city? I double taya o!
Whatever happened to traffic lights!!!
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by abatically(m): 6:59pm On Jan 05, 2014
big-t:
is that not the city? I double taya o!
Whatever happened to traffic lights!!!

Guy i triple taya for u. Traffic light for what kpanu? I don't see any crossroads or junction . Moreover that looks like a 3 lane highway. Even if its not a highway, the pedestrian bridge is the safest way to cross to the other side. If that bridge is not there and a vehicle knocks someone down, u will be the first to say why didn't goodluck build a pedestrian bridge.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by bigt2(m): 7:22pm On Jan 05, 2014
abatically:

Guy i triple taya for u. Traffic light for what kpanu? I don't see any crossroads or junction . Moreover that looks like a 3 lane highway. Even if its not a highway, the pedestrian bridge is the safest way to cross to the other side. If that bridge is not there and a vehicle knocks someone down, u will be the first to say why didn't goodluck build a pedestrian bridge.
Siena:
I would personally use the pedestrian bridge.
Zebra crossings in Nigeria are deadly, even in the cities. You use them, and find yourself running forwards, or jumping back to the kerb, to avoid being struck by vehicles driven fast, by drivers who just don't care. They have little or no intention of stopping.
kk. smiley
Try it when u r ready to either be attacked or extorted.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 10:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
The ancient City of Ife. I think that should be Oduduwa

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 10:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
This red honda was moving at a snail speed of about 60km. I was a bit frustrated queuing behind him because I had to change my gear which is not fun cheesy

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 10:36pm On Jan 05, 2014
A scene of an accident between dis car and Toyota Picnic. I couldn't capture d other car. It was NOT fatal.

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 10:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
Benin - Ore highway, relatively low traffic

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 10:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
I was even over taking a V8 vehicle grin

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 10:51pm On Jan 05, 2014
Stopped at Ore to take snacks and buy banana

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 10:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
I stopped in front of this church to pee, the church service had just finished so the worshiper were trooping out.

I noticed something very unique with the church.

Continue .......

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
What did you notice?
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 10:57pm On Jan 05, 2014
I discovered that most of the female worship peers in this church ride bikes. The worst thing was that they carry minimum of two passengers on their bike and be going on the very busy Benin - Asaba highway. A bus very nearly knocked down on of such riders carrying 3 passengers.

It was a very peculiar sight as you can see in the pictures. I could have got more but that place looked very dangerous to me because anything could happen.

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jan 05, 2014
ping2ping: Stopped at Ore to take snacks and buy banana

Mmm...mmm...mmm...yumm...I like this picture. wink
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 11:15pm On Jan 05, 2014
Asaba airport. A white elephant project by Delta State Gov

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 11:17pm On Jan 05, 2014
A closer look at the river niger and the bridge

Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 11:27pm On Jan 05, 2014
I covered a total distance of 460km from my take off point in Ibadan to my destination in Anambra State. I can't post my odometer reading because I took the snap shot with my iPad and the picture is heavy.

The journey took about 7hrs which includes 30mins spent at ore and few other places I stopped.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 11:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
To be continued ........
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by aieromon(m): 4:11am On Jan 06, 2014
Did you encounter any miscreants at the Benin bypass? It seems they don't work on Sundays.
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by JUO(m): 6:05am On Jan 06, 2014
Thanks for feeding my eyes. What is the max speed you can achieve between Benin and asaba without fear with this machine?
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 9:42am On Jan 06, 2014
JUO: Thanks for feeding my eyes. What is the max speed you can achieve between Benin and asaba without fear with this machine?

The highest I did was 140km/hr but maintained 120km/hr for most part of the journey.

aieromon: Did you encounter any miscreants at the Benin bypass? It seems they don't work on Sundays.

No I did not encounter them but I was very vigilant
Re: Live Updates Of Upcoming Road Round Trip From Ibadan To Anambra State by ping2ping: 9:47am On Jan 06, 2014
My car started jerking while on Niger bridge. I was afraid that it could go off though it later stopped and fortunately the engine did not switch off. The problem was a failed sensor as I later discovered.

I was greedy not to have noticed that earlier. You want to know how..... grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Single Exhaust Vs Double Exhaust / PRND432 Display On My Audi A6 / A Review Of Some Of The Very Cool Cars I Drove Lately....Santa Fe. (Part 1)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.