Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:35 AM

Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D (4648 Views)

Tecno Vs Gsmarena / Tecno Vs Infinix: Who Had The Better 2015? / Tecno Vs Gionee Android Phones (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by Nobody: 11:26am On Jul 04, 2014
If both are of the same price, most people would go for samsung because of the discrimination against techno and because of something called "Goodwill" in economics... Not because samsung is any better... Goodwill is only b ecause of the name samsung has gained over time which can be balanced in the long run... Its just like when someone has been running a store for a while and another person opens another store, customers do not automatically switch to the new store even if they sell products with equal quality at the same price... However, the new store can gain its own market share by lowering its price and attracting customers... Same thing happens in electronics, some electronics sell more than others only because of the name... What am I saying in essence, in the short run, most customers would go for samsung but in the long run, it won't matter because the customers would become indifferent when its confirmed that both products are the same... In the next 10 years, nobody would care whether the product is techno or samsung, provided, they are of the same value and command the same price.. But if tecno still commands a lower price over the long run and their products are just as good as samsungs, samsung would be out of business.. That I can assure you...

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by seunwen2(m): 1:42pm On Jul 04, 2014
all this small small boiz no sabi wetin war mean
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by Kessleek(m): 4:45pm On Jul 04, 2014
Stanley08: I knew that opening this thread was a waste of time but for some reason i still did. 1 minute of my life wasted! angry
Hahahahahaha!!! Funny you
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by Nsonaso(m): 6:18pm On Jul 04, 2014
Kslib:
Hmmn!! Ok! Gionee is from china or india?
GiONEE is a Chinese company only that they have a machine plant in India which other OEM do have too. OEM like Nokia
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by Frosti(m): 7:25pm On Jul 04, 2014
The new [url=onwaweb.com/tecno-phantom-z]Tecno Phantom Z [/url] might change your mind.
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by Nsonaso(m): 9:28pm On Jul 04, 2014
njokusboy: If both are of the same price, most people would go for samsung because of the discrimination against techno and because of something called "Goodwill" in economics... Not because samsung is any better... Goodwill is only because of the name samsung has gained over time which can be balanced in the long run...

1. Bro in smart phone manufacturing, "IT'S NOT HOW FAR BUT HOW WELL" I.e it doesn't matter how long you've been in the industry manufacturing junk products maybe because you're their only alternative. But once another company started manufacturing superior quality than yours (your time is up) your customers will dump you that particular minute for the other company that manufactures standard products. Check out Xiaomi it's a new Chinese company to compare to it's competitors. Xiaomi is best known for manufacturing quality and standard products at very reasonable price.

2. Goodwill in Economics if am not mistaken is when two stores are selling the same product with the same brand name. E.g 2 provision store selling peak milk, Dangote sugar, Custard etc... But not in terms of manufacturing Standard...
And when you talk of standard, Tecno is no where to compare with Samsung.....
Samsung is certain in their specifications but Tecno is not. I.e Samsung 16MP camera lens is 16MP, Samsung 3000mah Battery is 3000mah battery but in Tecno 16MP is 1. 6MP, 3000mah battery is 300mah battery.

3. Samsung products can be expensive... Oh yes.. But it's better to buy a good standard quality products costly than to buy a bad quality products costly.....
If you really know the process nd the cost of materials used in manufacturing phone, you will know that Tecno phones are very very expensive to compare to other good quality products. But Nigerians are dumb thinking Tecno is cheap mean while Tecno is the one extorting them and at the same time blowing them.

Tecno doesn't offer support such as updating their phone to the latest available OS unlike Samsung and other OEM brands
If you're a developer or a programmer, you will know that it's not easy to edit a Code that is incompatible of your device and make it compatible... Especially when the device has already been sold out.. If it is a new device, you will know that you are doing it because you want to sell it nd make money but am talking about developing update for a device that has already been sold to the market.

True Live Story: one day I was opportune to meet a Tecno guy nd I asked him, why that they don't offer their customers software update? He simply said if they should offer software update, users will care to buy their new products, that now if your device is less compatible with the apps on play store, you will go buy a new device with a higher Android version...... So you can see Tecno with their myopic mind... But Samsung and other OEM bears this risk and still offer their customers software update....

Finally TECNO phones are for learners to give you the test of an Android while Samsung and other OEM brands are for Professionals to give all that you want..... Though some Professionals still go for TECNO because they don't have money for Samsung or other OEM brands... But my prayers is let the good God give all Pros the money to buy Samsung or other OEM brand to enjoy the good things in Android operating systems..... AMEN

4 Likes

Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 04, 2014
Nsonaso:

1. Bro in smart phone manufacturing, "IT'S NOT HOW FAR BUT HOW WELL" I.e it doesn't matter how long you've been in the industry manufacturing junk products maybe because you're their only alternative. But once another company started manufacturing superior quality than yours (your time is up) your customers will dump you that particular minute for the other company that manufactures standard products. Check out Xiaomi it's a new Chinese company to compare to it's competitors. Xiaomi is best known for manufacturing quality and standard products at very reasonable price.

2. Goodwill in Economics if am not mistaken is when two stores are selling the same product with the same brand name. E.g 2 provision store selling peak milk, Dangote sugar, Custard etc... But not in terms of manufacturing Standard...
And when you talk of standard, Tecno is no where to compare with Samsung.....
Samsung is certain in their specifications but Tecno is not. I.e Samsung 16MP camera lens is 16MP, Samsung 3000mah Battery is 3000mah battery but in Tecno 16MP is 1. 6MP, 3000mah battery is 300mah battery.
. Its lyk u didn't read what the 0p said, the question was, "which would you go for if samsung and techno produce the same fone of equal quality, equal specifications, everything equal.... And I said the only reason why people would go for samsung is because of goodwill... U can take it up from there..
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by Nsonaso(m): 10:21pm On Jul 04, 2014
njokusboy: . Its lyk u didn't read what the 0p said, the question was, "which would you go for if samsung and techno produce the same fone of equal quality, equal specifications, everything equal.... And I said the only reason why people would go for samsung is because of goodwill... U can take it up from there..
Sorry bro... Am just clearing you some facts....

To answer the OP question.
Even now that that the price of Samsung is higher than TECNO I still buy Samsung instead of TECNO, so what will make me buy TECNO when the price becomes the same except if TECNO increase their standard... Though I've used Tecno before, to see what they have to offer and seriously they have nothing to offer me so I gave them out and continued with OEM brands....
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by constance500: 10:28am On Jul 07, 2014
gingger:

talk true u nor go fit afford am

Bros abeg shut up... Samsung also started from the bottom. . Hope u remember this phones... angry grin

.. Tecno will surely get there. .. #teamtecno
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by gingger(m): 12:25pm On Jul 10, 2014
constance500:

Bros abeg shut up... Samsung also started from the bottom. . Hope u remember this phones... angry grin

.. Tecno will surely get there. .. #teamtecno

u must b a stupid asshole ..
poor bastard like u..
only d poor complains beer is beta..
n for ur information ur tiny minded guy am using a tecno phone
#teamtecno
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by ims80s(m): 1:40pm On Jul 10, 2014
can someone change 3G network from sim A to sim B on gionee p3
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by ims80s(m): 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2014
I will go for tecno cause the name Samsung sound irritative to my ear
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by biz2get(m): 2:00pm On Jul 10, 2014
Tocheagle: Na tecno i go buy jor. It has [b]better security encryption. [/b ]By d way how people dey take post on nairaland
i laugh at yuur ignorance!!!
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by biz2get(m): 2:03pm On Jul 10, 2014
Lionbite:
the problem is that it can never be the same price. samsung go be like 60k while tecno would be 25k
Then if so... It can never be off the same quality wink
Samsung baby!!!!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by biz2get(m): 2:05pm On Jul 10, 2014
Djangocode: People try especially Nigerians..

Someone'll have 80k in his account and buy a Samsung Galaxy of 65-70k when there's a Tecno that can serve u the same way..

Same way asin
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by Tocheagle(m): 6:10pm On Jul 10, 2014
biz2get:
i laugh at yuur ignorance!!!
if you believed what i said , then na u ignorant pass
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by rudepen(m): 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2014
wats really special bout Samsung.... can't seem to figure it out..but then Techno is much better for d masses...considering d nations economy....the average Nigerians constitute about 60%...Techno just made it Berra.
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by dopekush(m): 6:07pm On Dec 18, 2014
Kslib:
After going through several threads in this section of recent, i came to the conclusion that there is this on-going war between ##Team-Tecno and #Team(# Samsung,HTc,gionee .e..t..c) and the others esp "Samsung" .lol

I must commend the tecno team though, they sure know how to work like a team and above all, defend thier devices against tantrums like "Chinko na chinko" .. grin

So now my question is this ----- IF a samsung product were to be at the same price range with a tecno device, with the same specs, Which would you go for? And why?

Example;;;;
If Tecno releases a device with a screen size of lets say "5inches", 4000 battery power, hex core processor.lol /e..t...c AND samsung does the same,same screen size,same processor,same battery power, same Ram/Rom..e..t..c with the only difference btw the two devices, being just the brand name, which would you go for and why?

The question is open to to all---- BB users,Gionee,htc,sony users,nokia users(windows,jave and symbian)..e..t..c and not also forgetting Techno and samsung users..lol

Which of the two, you go comot your money buy, and why?

I go buy samsung oh
1) tecno too dey lie.. dats y dey can write 5mp wen itz actually 2
2) tecno's os is not upgradeable
3) samsung is better known.
#OwnASamsung

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by Collinz2(m): 7:08pm On Dec 18, 2014
franciskaine:
having used both brands, the damn truth is dat Tecno has a lot to do in terms of mobile quality. am presently using tecno p5 but I still value the in-built quality on my defunct Samsung galaxy pocket.
i was wonderring why u would say tecno has a lot to do in mobile quality i dnt knw that u are comparing tecno p5 to samsung galaxy pocket. Use galaxy s4 or s3 or note 2 or 3 and u wil see.
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by happy662(m): 8:06pm On Dec 18, 2014
I Wil go for tecno or gionee fone cos u can use glo bis on it y for Samsung nt allowed
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by martineverest(m): 10:29pm On Dec 18, 2014
Reading comments here make me shake my head for nigerian youths...some people just went to schoool to fulfil all righteousness.no different btw nigerian graduate and american iliterates.....smh for future leaders.
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 19, 2014
Collinz2:
i was wonderring why u would say tecno has a lot to do in mobile quality i dnt knw that u are comparing tecno p5 to samsung galaxy pocket. Use galaxy s4 or s3 or note 2 or 3 and u wil see.
samsung s3 is sublime, tecno is at it again. Tecno H6 for just 18k kills it all.
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by Collinz2(m): 9:01am On Dec 19, 2014
franciskaine:
samsung s3 is sublime, tecno is at it again. Tecno H6 for just 18k kills it all.
i dey laugh u in arab. Tecno H6 kill Samung Galaxy S3?
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by wheezyoung(m): 10:17am On Dec 19, 2014
I'd go for samsung...we all know Samsung has a better reputation therefore you're assured of quality....even if tecno introduces software upgrade...I'd still go for sammy buh as time goes within a period of say 3years...names won't matter as long as they both offer the same specs for the same price and no advantage of one over the other...buh if sammy still maintains their high price with higher specs..I'd pick tecno,at least it still offers me a good android experience at a cheaper rate buh if the pocket is deep enough for Sammy,I'd go for it...buh may we no lie samsung name sweet for mouth pass tecno joor
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 19, 2014
Collinz2:
i dey laugh u in arab. Tecno H6 kill Samung Galaxy S3?
Dats not wat I meant, just saying tecno h6 is nice compared to others.
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by Collinz2(m): 11:38am On Dec 19, 2014
franciskaine:
Dats not wat I meant, just saying tecno h6 is nice compared to others.
thank GOD say u knw
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by donbenie(m): 5:57pm On Dec 20, 2014
Tocheagle:
Na tecno i go buy jor. It has better security encryption. By d way how people dey take post on nairaland
You must be a fish seller at the local Mammy market to equate Tecno to Samsung ,Tecno a local Chinese phone rebranding company has a better phone encryption than Samsung?Have you ever heard of Samsung Knox?You must be suffering from Poverty X syndrome..

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by xtervaganza(m): 9:37pm On Dec 20, 2014
Kslib:

We are all to assume both will be of the same price,at-least,thats the essence of the thread in the first place..

Hope you get it now?
believe me, he won't

Tekino fans are slow mos
Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by xtervaganza(m): 9:49pm On Dec 20, 2014
What these Tekino fans don't realise is that samsung made android as an operating system popular and revolutionised the o.s taking the battle to ios and winning.

Tecno is never a rival to Samsung, to people who need good phones at least. Tecno should be best described as a poor man Samsung

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by temmym4(m): 12:16pm On Dec 26, 2014
are u kidding me? u are comparing a poo with Samsung? lol. When servant don tey for house, he go dey claim some rights for house as well. The mistake Google ever made was making Android operating system an open source, now even the poorest hardware maker can install an Android firmware on its device as long as he could couple some hardware together. shame! All thanks to Google anyway, at least almost everyone can afford and use an android device now. Tecno, injoo and the rest of the wacky poos are now bn compared with real Smartphones!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland's Tecno VS Samsung War .. ;D by donbenie(m): 12:58pm On Dec 26, 2014
franciskaine:
Guy,you must be a joker to believe that Tecno H6 is better than S3..

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Huawei G power live on Jumia / I’m Tired Of Using Iphones All My Life / 5 Highly Exciting Things About The Airtel Network Recently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.