Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,875 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year (22045 Views)

Can Vincent Enyeama Win African Footballer Of The Year? / Musa, Enyeama, 23 Others Nominated For African Player Of The Year 2014 / Paul Put Explains Why Mikel Obi Did Not Win African Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by elbinmanny(m): 11:42am On Jan 06, 2014
psalmdave: Please lets compare both players individually.....
I guess based on individual performance for club n country in 2013........ Bros no vex if na that be the criteria , then na Mikel all the way o
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by heykims(m): 11:44am On Jan 06, 2014
The question is-
Outside d shore if Africa, is he ripe to represent the continent in world football?
Enyeama is, Yaya is...
Who is Mikel, our "AFOY" in world football?
All I clamour for worthy Africa's world representation.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by bastien: 11:46am On Jan 06, 2014
weitin concern mikel wit d award,make him pack well jor, usually all d way
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by MrAladin: 11:46am On Jan 06, 2014
Youngzedd:

Too harsh bro.
grin

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by ebamma(m): 11:47am On Jan 06, 2014
if it's about national team performance i'll give that award to jonathan pitroipa
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by PezzoNovante(m): 11:49am On Jan 06, 2014
I have read the argument between Safarigirl, Psalmdave an striker9, and I am supremely confident to say that PSALMDAVE is talking nonsense!, Afcon award goes to an individual with the most contribution to his country and club success. Mikel Obi contributed a lot to Nigerian's recent football success.
Maybe psalmdave watches only 'European' football cos he seems to mention it a lot.
#TeamMikel

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Oothman(m): 11:49am On Jan 06, 2014
psalmdave: Enyeama?for his cleansheets,well i would av considered enyeama too over mikel,
last bullet: John Michael Nchekwube Obi is not the the best player in super eagles(nt even top 5),nt in any tournament that was shown on tv and It won't be criminal not to give him that award,its just justice and to protect the image of african football
i think people can now see dt it seems u have somefin against #Senior Mikel...U r jst being sentimental
Only God knows y u hate him dis much

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 11:50am On Jan 06, 2014
I think the award is based more on individual performance than your team performance
If that is the case Yaya outclassed Mikel. Don't forget Yaya also qualified his team to WC 2014 and currently one of the best midfielder in EPL whereas Mikel is not even among top 10
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by pfijacobs(m): 11:51am On Jan 06, 2014
Pathetic thinking...
Its quite obvious dat d selection of players in soccer for any award is based on hype, sentiment and controversy.. Quote me.. Since grandpa made d list. They have proven to us dat dey want to intimidate us. Mikel might av been average last year. Buh he proved one thing..( With every oda super eagle) Dat der is a great wave of revolution in nigerian football.. I am particularly impressed wif his composure during d confed match. Against spain we're he dominated d midfield against his childhood role model.. Xavi! Toure myt b a better player but last year was d year of the green, d white and d green,, toure should av scored d winner, disgraced us 'super chickens' and saved himself dis shit of losing to. An 'inferior' player.. Since enyeama is not on dat list balance da phucking equation..and give mikel d award.. Although I fink dis worldcup would clear doubts on their individual comparable capabilities...
Shikena!!!

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by c4sam(m): 11:52am On Jan 06, 2014
Davidbanky: Why are Nigerians like this ? Ribery won all the cups in Europe and would you say he deserve the ballon d'oor more than Ronaldo ? If you can answer that, then I think ur mikel and yaya toure issue would be solved . And if u are a coach who would u sign as a mieldfielder between this two players .....
.Both of them A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ G☺☺d but Guy me still prefer mikel pass yaya Oº°˚˚°ºo cos mikel still get hope pass yaya item of age.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by PezzoNovante(m): 11:53am On Jan 06, 2014
heykims: The question is-
Outside d shore if Africa, is he ripe to represent the continent in world football?
Enyeama is, Yaya is...
Who is Mikel, our "AFOY" in world football?
All I clamour for worthy Africa's world representation.
What is this one saying?, u think if Mikel is not doing well he'll be in team CFC? Every body must not score plenty goals but helping ur team to win is what matters. CFC has been successful in europe and whether u like it or not, Mikel is part of it.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by ebamma(m): 11:55am On Jan 06, 2014
if best player awards were about trophies won, messi and ronaldo wouldn't be among the top 3 for this last year's best player award, robben, lahm, mueller, and neuer won more trophies than both of them
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by c4sam(m): 11:59am On Jan 06, 2014
Eazee-e:
MIKEL awarded d best african footballer of d year will b an insult to african football. can u name Mikel in his club first eleven? can u honestly compare his performance to Yaya Toure? even in super eagles i will pick Vincent Enyeama,Emenike over Mikel. u guys want him to b african best simply because he scored in d FA cup against a lower team? nawa oh
. Ode y can't yaya score against black burn when they re playing. Mikel haters should go and hug transformer.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Akolawole(m): 11:59am On Jan 06, 2014
Having observed how this award is given over the last 20 years.Its a 50-50 situation.

I will be delighted if Mikel win it because he deserved it but i have been disappointed on a number of occasion on this award.

For me, Yayah is the best player in the premiership in the last 2 years. He can do just anything with the ball.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Davidbanky(m): 11:59am On Jan 06, 2014
Mr. Aladin:

OLODO
why can't You Understand Simply english??
The question Here is Who deserve TO WIN the AFOY.
T

You are a retarded fool, if not for nairaland, who will be talking sport with you, if not for Dstv that became cheap will people like u ever watch football ? Is the Vatican best player not an individual award ? Wetin concern nation cup win there ? And even if sef, how mikel help the team win am ? Is it by playing cos I remembr eleven players played the game and won the cup so everyone in that team deserve it base on the trophy ... Mumu people, you have brains u don't use, Mikel and yaya t .. Dat one na even argument ? Yaya toure everly, sentiment don finish dem, if toure is a Nigerian would u have accepted it to be given to mikel as a cote player ? Irrational fool, if u quote this thing and say rubbish I go insult u ehn
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 12:01pm On Jan 06, 2014
PezzoNovante: I have read the argument between Safarigirl, Psalmdave an striker9, and I am supremely confident to say that PSALMDAVE is talking nonsense!, Afcon award goes to an individual with the most contribution to his country and club success. Mikel Obi contributed a lot to Nigerian's recent football success.
Maybe psalmdave watches only 'European' football cos he seems to mention it a lot.
#TeamMikel

Look Kanu didn't win a plastic cup let alone a silver one in 1999, But won the AFOTY...... Why didnt everyone protest that Kanu didnt deserve it loads of Africans won titles across the globe. Now people want to move the goal post. Its how you perform its not what you win.

Babayaro in 1998 won the League, European Cup Winners Cup and European Super Cup but Mustapha Hadji won the accolade

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by striker9(m): 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
ebamma: if best player awards were about trophies won, messi and ronaldo wouldn't be among the top 3 for this last year's best player award, robben, lahm, mueller, and neuer won more trophies than both of them
Ribery won European best not because his better than CR7,but he had an edge with trophies.Why can't Enyeama or Mikel win AFOY?Enyeama individually outshone Yaya and Drogba while Mikel outshone them with trophies.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by PezzoNovante(m): 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
pfijacobs: Pathetic thinking...
Its quite obvious dat d selection of players in soccer for any award is based on hype, sentiment and controversy.. Quote me.. Since grandpa made d list. They have proven to us dat dey want to intimidate us. Mikel might av been average last year. Buh he proved one thing..( With every oda super eagle) Dat der is a great wave of revolution in nigerian football.. I am particularly impressed wif his composure during d confed match. Against spain we're he dominated d midfield against his childhood role model.. Xavi! Toure myt b a better player but last year was d year of the green, d white and d green,, toure should av scored d winner, disgraced us 'super chickens' and saved himself dis shit of losing to. An 'inferior' player.. Since enyeama is not on dat list balance da phucking equation..and give mikel d award.. Although I fink dis worldcup would clear doubts on their individual comparable capabilities...
Shikena!!!
Thank you Mr. Jacobs
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Davidbanky(m): 12:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
striker9: Look at this mumu,you shot yourself,Ribery won European best because of Trophies,so Mikel can win AFOY because of trophies,any other argument?

You are a pathetic fool, is the award not base on individual performance ? Mikel that is a bench warmer ....individually is mikel better than toure, confused children, just come here to talk trash because techno now has cheap mobile phones that can surf the net ... Nonsense!!!
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by PezzoNovante(m): 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
striker9: Ribery won European best not because his better than CR7,but he had an edge with trophies.Why can't Enyeama or Mikel win AFOY?Enyeama individually outshone Yaya and Drogba while Mikel outshone them with trophies.
Thank you Striker9, European best is different from Balon'dor. For Christ sake, this is African best and not Balon'dor for Africa

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by PezzoNovante(m): 12:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
Davidbanky:

You are a pathetic fool, is the award not base on individual performance ? Mikel that is a bench warmer ....individually is mikel better than toure, confused children, just come here to talk trash because techno now has cheap mobile phones that can surf the net ... Nonsense!!!

You Sir, are the Pathetic Fool!
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 12:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
Davidbanky:

You couldn't put it any better

The golden ball award at the 2010 World cup didnt go to a Spanish or Dutch player it went to Diego Forlan why because of his performance and not what he won
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by ddippset(m): 12:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
JOJORHYMES: It Will Be A Criminal Act If John Obi Mikel Does Not Win Player Of The Year.Some have suggested that yaya deserves the caf player of the year award. what ground does yaya or drogba have to claim the award.mikel was key to chelsea europa league victory.what did yaya do in Europe?mikel was man of the march about 3 times in the 2013 cup of nations. In Nigeria's match again cote dvoire yaya and drogba where no where to be found when mikel gave a world class performance. Yaya will agree that in the year under consideration. Mikel did better. It will be a crime to give the award to anyone else
why are you crying now? That was the same way abu terika deserved it and you guys were rooting for drogba in the name of being chelsea fans.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Davidbanky(m): 12:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
PezzoNovante:
Thank you Striker9, European best is different from Balon'dor. For Christ sake, this is African best and not Balon'dor for Africa

They are both an individual award joor, many won African player without wining any trophy why Una no argue ... Nigerians !!!!
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Davidbanky(m): 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
[quote author=ddippset]why are you crying now? That was the same way abu terika deserved it and you guys were rooting for drogba in the name of being chelsea fans.[/quote

God bless u bro, that's how they behave ... Chelsea fans are just too irrational, bias and self centered
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by PezzoNovante(m): 12:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

The golden ball award at the 2010 World cup didnt go to a Spanish or Dutch player it went to Diego Forlan why because of his performance and not what he won

Is this a golden shoe award? why dint Yaya fvcking Toure that won the Golden shoe at Afcon?
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by striker9(m): 12:11pm On Jan 06, 2014
Davidbanky:

Mor.on,Enyeama beats both Yaya and Drogba combine individually,yet he couldn't make the final 3.So tell me ooooooo,professor Xavier,apari omo yakuba,how did Yaya outshone Enyeama individually in the year 2013?
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by PezzoNovante(m): 12:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
Davidbanky:

They are both an individual award joor, many won African player without wining any trophy why Una no argue ... Nigerians !!!!
No Sir, if they are both individual awards, then Okocha could have won Afcon best one time!
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 12:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
PezzoNovante:

The process is the same, all managers and captain votes on what they think, or do you think the African Footballer of the year was invented by AFRICANS?
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Davidbanky(m): 12:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

I just tire o brother, this people come her with crazy claims because nickel is a Nigerian, same they all did during okocha, when WTO was topping Spanish scorer sheet, u want them to give okocha ... This is simply an individual performance award, it's no club related, if u like win all the cup in the world and u no okay well, na gobe for u

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Wale112(m): 12:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
Only players from Ghana and Ivory coast deserve to win African player of the year. Nigeria only produce quantity whiles the rest produce quality. A dead Michael Essien is better than Mikel Obi. grin

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Oothman(m): 12:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
sicily4u: about 99% of chelsea fans are touts and useless
wats dis 1 sayin??

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

EPL: Bruno Fernandes Issues Warning To Opposing Teams Over Ronaldo / Portugal Will Play North Macedonia For A Place At The 2022 World Cup / Larry Ekundayo Defeats Joseph Lamptey In Boxing Battle(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.