Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,529 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:08 AM

It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year (22040 Views)

Can Vincent Enyeama Win African Footballer Of The Year? / Musa, Enyeama, 23 Others Nominated For African Player Of The Year 2014 / Paul Put Explains Why Mikel Obi Did Not Win African Player Of The Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Wale112(m): 12:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
striker9: Calling Mikel useless is not an opinion but hatred,now I know why bunch of y'all keep talking like an antagonist,God pass you.

Essien Career total = 51 goals wink

Mikel Career total = 10 goals
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Davidbanky(m): 12:42pm On Jan 06, 2014
PezzoNovante:

Dear Sir, 6 clean sheet in 52 weeks is a big achievement for any goal keeper, but as it is, goal keepers seldom win this award in question.

Do u know how many bayern keeper Manuel neuer kept last season ? Hahahahaha bro it's not a factor, let's reason together bro, if mikes was a Zambia player would he be given, after all Zambia too won the cup, and I didn't think it was given to any of their players, I know u love mikel but yaya is better and since it's called the African footballer of the year( individual ) then I go for yaya, u can go for mikel or enyeama, it doesn't mean you are wrong, it's just ur opinion as many that will vote for mikel will be disappointed too, and the fact that u agree its mikel does not make u right since the game has rules and we have agreed to stick to the rule, then whatever CAF chooses we accept and we respect #
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 12:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
striker9: I didn't know scoring a certain of goals half way a season has become an individual award.

I didn't know theirs an individual award for keeping clean sheets, Petr Cech should have been up for the Ballon D'or if that was the case
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by striker9(m): 12:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

PLAYER OF THE MONTH
He was given the award,was Yaya given any award in 2013?Yes or No.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by PezzoNovante(m): 12:44pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

So tell me how Yaya Toure doesn't fit into the Criteria above knowing that he score more goals than any Nigeria player during the world cup qualifying games

And also make a the same case for Emmanuel Adebayor in 2008

Whether he scored more goals than all the teams put together, what's important is that ur team qualifies.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Davidbanky(m): 12:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
psalmdave: Okay....i did nt expect u to see any sense in my view since u are also judging this from the chelsea fan/mikel is our own point of view....no problem

Abi o, all the people here supporting mikel are Chelsea fans ....
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by safarigirl(f): 12:45pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

Name another African Midfielder that has or has ever score 12 goals half way through a league season.

The main fact Yaya Toure plays in a far more stronger league than Ligue 1 Cavanni, Zlatan and Falcao are not the be all and end all of football, Vicent faced both Spain and Uruguay, I believe that's a level up from the Nations cup and shipped 5 goals against both teams
so he's great in EPL,tell me, why hasn't the great Toure won Champions League with City? He's great, why couldn't he survive in La Liga? You think it's easy to be in Chelsea for 7 years? Why was Toure outclassed in Barcelona if he's world class? Enyeama has the highest average saves in EUROPE, beating GK's like Valdes, Buffon, Neuer, Lloris. He's not just the best African goalie you oaf, your Toure has the best record by an AFRICAN in Europe, but there are better non-African mid-fielders than him, Enyeama was the BEST GK, NOBODY was better than him, and you have the guts to come here and belittle his achievements? You think it's easy for a GK to win Player of the Month in ANY League over strikers? Please if the alomo you drank is affecting your system, keep your thoughts to yourself instead of sounding like a brainless 1d10t.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by striker9(m): 12:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

I didn't know theirs an individual award for keeping clean sheets, Petr Cech should have been up for the Ballon D'or if that was the case
Oh there is,Cech and Van der sar has got the award.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by PezzoNovante(m): 12:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
Davidbanky:

Do u know how many bayern keeper Manuel neuer kept last season ? Hahahahaha bro it's not a factor, let's reason together bro, if mikes was a Zambia player would he be given, after all Zambia too won the cup, and I didn't think it was given to any of their players, I know u love mikel but yaya is better and since it's called the African footballer of the year( individual ) then I go for yaya, u can go for mikel or enyeama, it doesn't mean you are wrong, it's just ur opinion as many that will vote for mikel will be disappointed too, and the fact that u agree its mikel does not make u right since the game has rules and we have agreed to stick to the rule, then whatever CAF chooses we accept and we respect #

Hahahahahahahahaa, David oooo, u quoted me wrongly, I modified dat post immediately but u still got me... cheesy

Yeah Respect man, I like ur style,, Sorry for my initial insult on u, I was just angry cos of what I read earlier...
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by psalmdave(m): 12:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
eaxes: This just goes †☺ show H̶̲̥̅θψ poor and mediocre African football is. Smh
Lol that is african football for u .......for those supporting mikel,i have read only one guy's comment where he was defending mikel based on the game,that is,the football that takes place during 90 minutes...is that not what football is about,now these other mikel supporters are just like he won afcon,yaya didnt,making it look like mikel won the title alone,if that were to be the basis of judging the,award,we all watched that tournament....was he even our best player?..That is my problem with this argument here,No one talks about FOOTBALL here,they only talk Based on saying they are standing behind mikel cos he fought for our country and plays for thier club,no disrespect to our beloved country but is that no the sentiment/tribe confusion that theu are bringing in here,saying we dnt appreciate our own?

IS THAT WHAT THIS IS ABT!! JEEZ
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by safarigirl(f): 12:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
Davidbanky:

how many CONSECUTIVE CLEAN SHEETS did Neuer keep last season? Please answer quickly, thank God for Google, else na so una go dey bring mumu arguments.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Sheenor: 12:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
Yes!......he deserves the award and indeed it will be a criminal act if its not giving to him.....

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 12:51pm On Jan 06, 2014
striker9: When they said Nigerians can be ungrateful,I thought it was a lie,its was so easy for u to mention how he shipped in 6 goals but you won't remember him when he was saving naija with brilliant displays.

Did he not ship 6 goals at the Confederations cup?

Look I dont celebrate mediocre performance or average Performance yes am a Chelsea fan if they give Jose the chance to swap both players he will in a heart beat.... go to any major sport network in the world (FOX Sport, ESPN, SKY, BBC Sport, Eurosport etc) They will tell you that Yaya Toure is the best by a distance
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 12:53pm On Jan 06, 2014
safarigirl: how many CONSECUTIVE CLEAN SHEETS did Neuer keep last season? Please answer quickly, thank God for Google, else na so una go dey bring mumu arguments.

Neuer plays in a stronger league your argument is pointless
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 12:56pm On Jan 06, 2014
striker9: Oh there is,Cech and Van der sar has got the award.

They won the Golden Glove (Best Keeper) not the ballon D'dor
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by PezzoNovante(m): 12:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

Look I dont celebrate mediocre performance or average Performance yes am a Chelsea fan if they give Jose the chance to swap both players he will in a heart beat.... go to any major sport network in the world (FOX Sport, ESPN, SKY, BBC Sport, Eurosport etc) They will tell you that Yaya Toure is the best by a distance

The truth is, individually Yaya Toure is better than Mikel, but on deserving this award, Mikel edges him. Is this difficult to comprehend?

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Davidbanky(m): 12:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
PezzoNovante:

Hahahahahahahahaa, David oooo, u quoted me wrongly, I modified dat post immediately but u still got me... cheesy

Yeah Respect man, I like ur style,, Sorry for my initial insult on u, I was just angry cos of what I read earlier...

No shakes one love .. I go follow u now so follow back

2 Likes

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by striker9(m): 12:59pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

Where were you when Enyeama was giving his best for naija,it was easy for u to mention his bad outing,even Casillas shipped in 3 goals against Brazil,abeg fade.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by striker9(m): 1:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

They won the Golden Glove (Best Keeper) not the ballon D'dor
Guy have got problem with English or what?I meant Cech and Van der sar have won individual awards for keeping clean sheets.Enyeama won best french league player twice[October and November]haven kept 11 consecutive clean sheets.Has Yaya toure scored 11 consecutive goals in EPL?

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by segnys007(m): 1:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
pfijacobs: Pathetic thinking...
Its quite obvious dat d selection of players in soccer for any award is based on hype, sentiment and controversy.. Quote me.. Since grandpa made d list. They have proven to us dat dey want to intimidate us. Mikel might av been average last year. Buh he proved one thing..( With every oda super eagle) Dat der is a great wave of revolution in nigerian football.. I am particularly impressed wif his composure during d confed match. Against spain we're he dominated d midfield against his childhood role model.. Xavi! Toure myt b a better player but last year was d year of the green, d white and d green,, toure should av scored d winner, disgraced us 'super chickens' and saved himself dis shit of losing to. An 'inferior' player.. Since enyeama is not on dat list balance da phucking equation..and give mikel d award.. Although I fink dis worldcup would clear doubts on their individual comparable capabilities...
Shikena!!!
individual comparable capabilities btw who and who? Bro, if you talking about football no basis to compare Mikel with yaya.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 1:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
safarigirl: so he's great in EPL,tell me, why hasn't the great Toure won Champions League with City? He's great, why couldn't he survive in La Liga? You think it's easy to be in Chelsea for 7 years? Why was Toure outclassed in Barcelona if he's world class? Enyeama has the highest average saves in EUROPE, beating GK's like Valdes, Buffon, Neuer, Lloris. He's not just the best African goalie you oaf, your Toure has the best record by an AFRICAN in Europe, but there are better non-African mid-fielders than him, Enyeama was the BEST GK, NOBODY was better than him, and you have the guts to come here and belittle his achievements? You think it's easy for a GK to win Player of the Month in ANY League over strikers? Please if the alomo you drank is affecting your system, keep your thoughts to yourself instead of sounding like a brainless 1d10t.

What a load of Rubbish your talking KAKA!!! , Guardiola didn't fancy him does that mean he is a bad player, he was bought by Frank Rijkaard and yes he won the CL with Barcelona, Guardiola didnt fancy Ibrahimovich, Eto, Deco, Thuram, Thiago Motta I guess that means they are bad players? I believe both Eto and Motta that Guardiola booted out went on to win the CL with Inter - Milan. Mikel staying at Chelsea for 7 years means what? he spent half the time warming the bench and Enyeama played in a mickey mouse league. We are in a European transfer window lets see how many big clubs that coming in for the great Vincent.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by safarigirl(f): 1:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

Neuer plays in a stronger league your argument is pointless
my friend answer my question instead of dodging. Why didn't Enyeama break the European clean sheet record in a weak Israeli league? League is league, how many clean sheets did Neuer make last season? You wanted to belittle the fact that Enyeama was better than Toure in 2013, now you're dodging my question? Can you not support your argument with valid points? I dey wait you, you must tell me how many consecutive clean sheets Neuer had in 2012/2013

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 1:10pm On Jan 06, 2014
striker9: Where were you when Enyeama was giving his best for naija,it was easy for u to mention his bad outing,even Casillas shipped in 3 goals against Brazil,abeg fade.

No one said Cassilas deserves the European footballer of the year! still doesn't change the fact that a step up in quality and Enyeama shipped 6 goals...
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by adegwurulez(m): 1:12pm On Jan 06, 2014
Wale112: Only players from Ghana and Ivory coast deserve to win African player of the year. Nigeria only produce quantity whiles the rest produce quality. A dead Michael Essien is better than Mikel Obi. grin
Guy you dey f*ckk up. Is it the same Essien whose job is to clean mikels boots? please say something else because 'even on the bench, essien is still benched'

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by xtervaganza(m): 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
striker9: Luiz Gustavo plays for Brazil,not a country in Europe.When Bayern conquered Europe which he[Gustavo] played all through and later win Copa america that same year with good display,he could win best player in South America.I don't why you wouldn't stop mentioning Europe,
you don't have to be a European to win European player of the year. You only have to play in Europe to qualify for it.

This year messi was nominated, Brazilian Ronaldo has won European best player b4, George we ah won it too

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by babyboy3(m): 1:13pm On Jan 06, 2014
safarigirl: my friend answer my question instead of dodging. Why didn't Enyeama break the European clean sheet record in a weak Israeli league? League is league, how many clean sheets did Neuer make last season? You wanted to belittle the fact that Enyeama was better than Toure in 2013, now you're dodging my question? Can you not support your argument with valid points? I dey wait you, you must tell me how many consecutive clean sheets Neuer had in 2012/2013

Neuer had 9 clean sheets
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Davidbanky(m): 1:14pm On Jan 06, 2014
safarigirl: how many CONSECUTIVE CLEAN SHEETS did Neuer keep last season? Please answer quickly, thank God for Google, else na so una go dey bring mumu arguments.

9 sir , and 18 in total so beat that
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
If not awarding the African best player award to Mikel would be a criminal acts because of the trophies he won then it would a criminal act if Ribery doesn't win world best player either. You guys want Ronaldo to win it cos of the goals he scored that resulted to nothing besides qualifying his team for world cup which some players qalready did way back.
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by safarigirl(f): 1:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
baby-boy:

What a load of Rubbish your talking KAKA!!! , Guardiola didn't fancy him does that mean he is a bad player, he was bought by Frank Rijkaard and yes he won the CL with Barcelona, Guardiola didnt fancy Ibrahimovich, Eto, Deco, Thuram, Thiago Motta I guess that means they are bad players? I believe both Eto and Motta that Guardiola booted out went on to win the CL with Inter - Milan. Mikel staying at Chelsea for 7 years means what? he spent half the time warming the bench and Enyeama played in a mickey mouse league. We are in a European transfer window lets see how many big clubs that coming in for the great Vincent.
mumu, na only you no know say Enyeama don sign contract till 2017 with Lille i.e HE'S NOT FOR SALE. Lol, Guardiola didn't fancy him, Mikel played under up to 6 different coaches with different tactics and he was never sold, because Mikel can ADAPT to any style, he's VERSATILE, your Toure is stagnant. Who is better then? A stagnant Toure or a versatile Mikel? Jeez! All these JJC's are just making my football IQ reduce with their lame arguments. Imagine this one doesn't even know Enyeama's contract has been renewed. Chai!
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by adegwurulez(m): 1:15pm On Jan 06, 2014
Wale112:

Essien going to Ac milan or PSG
yea! and we all know the reason. mikel is benching him

maybe dats why you are sounding pained
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by adegwurulez(m): 1:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
Wale112:

Essien Career total = 51 goals wink

Mikel Career total = 10 goals
Does essien have any Afcon title to his name? Has he ever played the confederations cup?
Re: It Will Be A Criminal Act If Mikel Does Not Win African Player Of The Year by safarigirl(f): 1:19pm On Jan 06, 2014
Davidbanky:

9 sir , and 18 in total so beat that
lol, just 9 consecutive clean sheets? Enyeama has kept 11 CONSECUTIVE CLEAN SHEETS in just HALF a season, beat that? It has already been beaten to a pulp.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Rape Lawsuit 'dropped' By Las Vegas Accuser / EPL: Bruno Fernandes Issues Warning To Opposing Teams Over Ronaldo / Portugal Will Play North Macedonia For A Place At The 2022 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.