Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,497 members, 7,816,187 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:16 AM

Whats It With Females And Dolls? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Whats It With Females And Dolls? (1267 Views)

Manufacturers Create Life-life Child Dolls For Paedophiles To Control Attraction / If You Didn't Play With These Dolls As A Girl,you Are N't Ripe For Marriage@pic / Meet 36-year-old Mother Who Treats 300 Lifelike Dolls As If They're Her Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
I still find it hard to figure out the relationship between the female folks and Dummies(Dolls). It defies my logic.
Am even more surprise to find out the relationship exist regardless of age! These are few examples of what am talking about.
Many years ago, a lady came to visit my parents with her babygirl. later on she left her sleeping baby with us and went on her way to buy some things. unfortunately the baby woke and start crying before the mother's return. We did everything to pet her in vain until my little sister gave her a doll from the baby park and like magic she clutch the doll and went back to sleep!
Few years ago I happen to enter my girlfriend's room for the first time. on the bed were like three live-baby size dolls and I was like- 'At your age, what the hell are you doing with those!'
I was baffled when she calmly reply, 'Oh! Met my friends; Janet, Rose...blah blah. interesting?
Finally this Christmas, we were exchanging gift and one of my cousin present a Teddy bear to my grandam! I was still busy giving my cousin the are-you-serious kinda look when grandma lighten up like the Teddy just credit her life with extra years.
So whats so special about these dolls?
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jan 03, 2014
for me its just a natural love I have for teddies. there is nothing attached to it.
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by mgbeketoto: 7:22pm On Jan 03, 2014
A doll is a girl's best friend! kiss
I had many as a child.
Helps to teach females how to nurture and care!

It is a developmental aid! kiss
Helps with creativity and imagination. kiss
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by LoganRebirth: 7:28pm On Jan 03, 2014
I don't think there is any problem if a baby that happens to be female plays with dolls but the problem starts when you see grown arze women romancing dolls like say d thing b their boyfriend.
But on a second thought I don't think it's crazy or that we(males) were meant to understand the reason why they love dolls just the same way females will never understand why we love sports and video games so much or have interest in them either.
Btw that ur grandma na case o grin
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by JustGuy(m): 7:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
Hahaha.... This is crazy!
They're just living in a fiery-tale! 'Godmother' can advice them better! Lol.....
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 03, 2014
mgbeketoto: A doll is a girl's best friend! kiss
I had many as a child.
Helps to teach females how to nurture and care!

It is a developmental aid! kiss
Helps with creativity and imagination. kiss
After you became of age, did you still cherish one? If the love and affection is lavished on an animated pet, I will understand. But an inanimate object that can't feel love nor return affection... I still don't understand.

1 Like

Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
shollaire: After you became of age, did you still cherish one? If the love and affection is lavished on an animated pet, I will understand. But an inanimate object that can't feel love nor return affection... I still don't understand.
hmmm. I still love and cherish my teddies. if my man gives me a teddy bear as my birthday present, I value it More than any other thing.

for me its just a natural likeness I have for teddies.
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by bluuu: 11:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
as funny as it may sound,im never a fan of dolls.i received 1 from a months back bt its whereabout i dnt know.undecidedundecided
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by mgbeketoto: 11:42pm On Jan 03, 2014
shollaire: After you became of age, did you still cherish one? If the love and affection is lavished on an animated pet, I will understand. But an inanimate object that can't feel love nor return affection... I still don't understand.

There are many things I do not understand about other people too. . . .
The goal is not to be love and love in return. . .but to develop the inner emotions of a child. . .a female child without dealing with the inconsistencies of an animated object like a pet. . . whose emotions can change subject to HUNGER and other mood swings!

With dolls. . . I learned to love myself first! kiss

I'd rather have my daughters play with dolls than ANIMALS!!!
Goodluck with your 'animal love'! kiss
ANIMALS MUST BE ANIMALS. . . WITH EMOTIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGES!!! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJyzcrczRY8
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Nobody: 1:15am On Jan 04, 2014
I hate dolls undecided.
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by eagleeye2: 5:41am On Jan 04, 2014
I once had a girlfriend who named her teddy after me. She says anytime she misses me or had a quarrel with me, she will just talk to her teddy (or hug it as the case may be)....... After wards she will become calm.
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Nobody: 5:42am On Jan 04, 2014
mz mariah: hmmm. I still love and cherish my teddies. if my man gives me a teddy bear as my birthday present, I value it More than any other thing.

for me its just a natural likeness I have for teddies.
[color=#006600] Value it more than any other things really! It may sound silly, but I think you've just given me an Idea! *winks*
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by taryour(f): 5:53am On Jan 04, 2014
@ op, What's with men and foothball

Not all females like dolls/teddy as you put it just as not all males like foothball.
Gaskia.
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Nobody: 6:03am On Jan 04, 2014
mgbeketoto:

There are many things I do not understand about other people too. . . .
The goal is not to be love and love in return. . .but to develop the inner emotions of a child. . .a female child without dealing with the inconsistencies of an animated object like a pet. . . whose emotions can change subject to HUNGER and other mood swings!

With dolls. . . I learned to love myself first! kiss

I'd rather have my daughters play with dolls than ANIMALS!!!
Goodluck with your 'animal love'! kiss
ANIMALS MUST BE ANIMALS. . . WITH EMOTIONS SUBJECT TO CHANGES!!! kiss

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJyzcrczRY8
You talk deep here. Am just beginning to get the idea behind the radar. However when I say pet, I never meant mature animal as in the video. In fact my rule is immediate they are getting too big to be carried in arm, it time to give them their freedom.
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Nobody: 6:07am On Jan 04, 2014
byvan: I hare dolls undecided.
Hare? or you mean hate? Then you must be a rare specie!
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Nobody: 6:08am On Jan 04, 2014
taryour: @ op, What's with men and foothball

Not all females like dolls/teddy as you put it just as not all males like foothball.
Gaskia.

Gaskia.

Gaskia.
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Nobody: 6:16am On Jan 04, 2014

Gaskia.
Point of correction, not all men play football, but am yet to come across a man that hate the game. only elderly men avoid it for health reasons. Even then they won't fail to ask for scores!
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by taryour(f): 6:30am On Jan 04, 2014
shollaire: Point of correction, not all men play football, but am yet to come across a man that hate the game. only elderly men avoid it for health reasons. Even then they won't fail to ask for scores!

Oohh really Well there are some men grown up ones who loves cartoon instead of football and I know a few while there are some females who loves football as well rather than dolls/teddy and I know a few as well. So as it is not all females like teddy/dolls and not all men like football.
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Ballotti: 7:32am On Jan 04, 2014
shollaire: You talk deep here. Am just beginning to get the idea behind the radar. However when I say pet, I never meant mature animal as in the video. In fact my rule is immediate they are getting too big to be carried in arm, it time to give them their freedom.

Fine!

Dolls are less messy sha. . . I dun wan poop all over my house!
I can't stand the smell of 'wet animals' who have peed on themselves or been out in the rain!
Can't stand the stench.

It is a matter of what works. . .
We had dogs when I was growing up. . . but I would not allow that in my home. . .TOO MESSY AND STINKY! kiss
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Nobody: 8:00am On Jan 04, 2014
I love dolls..they aid mental development..I have lots of dolls and I give them names...they can't though but they keep my company
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Nobody: 8:24am On Jan 04, 2014
shollaire: [color=#006600] Value it more than any other things really! It may sound silly, but I think you've just given me an Idea! *winks*
grin grin
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Nobody: 11:18am On Jan 04, 2014
Hernyolar: I love dolls..they aid mental development..I have lots of dolls and I give them names...they can't though but they keep my company
Its this name-calling that is most interesting or rather weird!
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jan 04, 2014
JustGuy: Hahaha.... This is crazy!
They're just living in a fiery-tale! 'Godmother' can advice them better! Lol.....
Am most certain Godmother met the system that way and will most likely pass the idea to her own kids.

1 Like

Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by bluuu: 1:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
shollaire: Point of correction, not all men play football, but am yet to come across a man that hate the game. only elderly men avoid it for health reasons. Even then they won't fail to ask for scores!
my bro doesnt play football neither does he belong to a FC nor watch football.i also v a female friend who loves football n belong to a FC
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Enahi(f): 8:35pm On Jan 04, 2014
Teddies are always cute and fluffy. Me like.
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by LoganRebirth: 9:27pm On Jan 04, 2014
Hernyolar: I love dolls..they aid mental development..I have lots of dolls and I give them names...they can't though but they keep my company
Pls I'm curios,In what way does a doll aid mental devolopment?

1 Like

Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Tinkybabe(f): 9:40pm On Jan 04, 2014
I'm not a fan of teddies or dolls, never been.
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jan 04, 2014
Logan_Rebirth:
Pls I'm curios,In what way does a doll aid mental devolopment?
It aid mental development in females...when I was younger,I bath my plastic dolls,use clothes as diapers,weave the hair,use neddle and thread to sow clothes for my doll.
Now that am grown up,I treat dolls as if they ar real babies that my mum being very superstitous threw them away.
Over the time,I discovered I love babies the more,and care for them,sing for them(I sing for my dolls too), I back babies perfectly now cos I pratised a lot with dolls
Re: Whats It With Females And Dolls? by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 05, 2014
Team Teddy claim it aids female kids to love, cherish, care, show affection and emotion... but wait! if a girl hate or don't play with teddies, does it mean she will lack in these qualities?

(1) (Reply)

Help My Friend Feels Like Running Away From Home / What Will You Do To Your Wife In This Situation. / How To Restore A Broken Relationship And Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.