Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,115 members, 7,814,915 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

Should I Go For Botany And Forget My Dream Course? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Should I Go For Botany And Forget My Dream Course? (1247 Views)

For All Students Who Studied Botany Or Any Other Plant Related Field / Did You Study Your Dream Course In School? / Fate Of A Botany Student. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Go For Botany And Forget My Dream Course? by lorettafrancis(f): 3:09pm On Jan 04, 2014
This has really been bothering me for long and I need candid advices. I wrote jamb for the 1st time lastyear,got 195,then wrote delta state uni pume and got 60,I applied for nursing and was hoping I would get it considering the fact that i did well in the pume. I got the shocker of my life when my name appeared on their 3rd list with BOTANY boldly written on it..am really confused as what to do,should I go for it or retake Jamb next year? What are the careers in Botany? Please I need answers cuz I just have a little time b4 payment of acceptance closes.
Re: Should I Go For Botany And Forget My Dream Course? by Excelboi(m): 3:14pm On Jan 04, 2014
Better go and pay ur acceptance fees and accept that course like that. Admission this days is not easy. Accept it then buy anoda jamb form n try ur luck with jamb again. U have nothing to lose if it later comes out negative.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Go For Botany And Forget My Dream Course? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 04, 2014
Loretta the choice is yours to make, i will take my self as an example, i wrote my first jamb2005, i was admitted to study Biology in ANSU, though not my choice of school and course, i snub the admission and wrote another jamb,this time i was admitted to study Education chemistry in IMSU.

I accepted the admission with a burning desire to study health related course, i wrote another jamb 200in my 200level, this time i was admitted into my dream course and choice university, i had to start year one afresh, presently am in my 500level, i would have graduated last year sept but ASUU palava extend my graduation year.

Now my colleagues in class back then in ANSU studying biology or those in education chemistry. Most of them are working now while some are Masters degree holders and a few are abroad. As a matter of fact my closest pal in educ-chemistry is working in NNPC now, there are others that are business men and women.

Emphatically i did not regret my actions. 1. I was young those days, i came out of secondary school at 15 years. 2. There is this confidence you have when you are studying you dream course, there is so much zeal and determination to succeed. 3. I strongly believe that a man that runs to meet a target and the man that walks to meet the same target are same, both have same aim. 4. I leant another thing also the course you studied may not affect your destiny in future, i see so many individuals that studied language or courses regarded irrelevant that are successful in their area of life.

So the choice is yours.

Do you wana tow my line or take the risk?

3 Likes

Re: Should I Go For Botany And Forget My Dream Course? by Nellyunique: 7:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
I will advice you to pursue your dreams and apply for a nursing school this year if that is the career you really want to pursue and u will be better for it,dont end up being frustrated in the future.But if change of course is easily achieveable,then go for it.
Re: Should I Go For Botany And Forget My Dream Course? by lorettafrancis(f): 8:32pm On Jan 04, 2014
Something in me keeps telling me that I might not be lucky as to get admission next year,do u think i should accept it,then get a nursing sch form while still in sch?
Re: Should I Go For Botany And Forget My Dream Course? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jan 04, 2014
lorettafrancis: Something in me keeps telling me that I might not be lucky as to get admission next year,do u think i should accept it,then get a nursing sch form while still in sch?

Accept the admission and try your luck next time
Re: Should I Go For Botany And Forget My Dream Course? by Nobody: 11:26pm On Jan 04, 2014
Emzybrown:

sec0nded
Re: Should I Go For Botany And Forget My Dream Course? by Kingzy4pep(m): 4:52am On Jan 05, 2014
Emzybrown:

Re: Should I Go For Botany And Forget My Dream Course? by Kingzy4pep(m): 4:54am On Jan 05, 2014
lorettafrancis: Something in me keeps telling me that I might not be lucky as to get admission next year,do u think i should accept it,then get a nursing sch form while still in sch?
I think Ive advised u before on delsu admission thread, Forget this ish of nursing school. Their way of admission there isnt funny. Just take up d botany and retake utme. I have friends in botany, Just come and pay ur acceptance. Remember, Nothing like first and second choice anymore and that will make admission tougher.
Re: Should I Go For Botany And Forget My Dream Course? by 1stUnique(m): 8:13am On Jan 05, 2014
Success is not the key to happiness, happiness
is the key to success. If you love what you're
doing, you'll be successful. 'when you feel
passionate about something and allow yourself
to pursue it, you position yourself to succeed
in life.
The biggest mistake people make in life is not
trying to make a living at what they enjoy.' As
a result, they simply endure their working lives
instead of making the most of them. They live
for the weekends. They try to hang on until
retirement. That's a shame, because your
chance of success is directly proportional to
degree of pleasure you derive from what you
do. Tommy Lasorda, manager of Los Angeles
Dodgers baseball team, said, 'The best day of
my life is when i manage in a winning game.
And the second best day of my life is when i
manage in a losing game.' In other words,
every day he was involved in the game was a
day he was living his dream. Are you? Dreams
come true when gifts are set on fire with
passion. The best career advice you'll ever
receive is to discover your God-given passion
and follow it. There are two things to aim at in
life; first, to get what you want; and after that,
enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieve
the second. 'So, 'press toward the goal for the
prize.'
Re: Should I Go For Botany And Forget My Dream Course? by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 05, 2014
Accept the admission and retake jamb this year.. As simple as that

(1) (Reply)

‘murdered Girl Not Babcock Varsity Student’ / 2015/2016 UNN Aspirants Thread / For Aspiring Freshers, 10 Reasons Why You Should Stay Off-campus.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.