Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,731 members, 7,817,009 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:49 PM

A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church (834 Views)

Nigerian Guy Replies Church That Asked God To Change Their Smell / See What Most Nigeria Do On Saturday Night Before Going To Church On Sunday / Leave Any Church That Speaks In Tongues(gibberish) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by ebamma(m): 8:01pm On Jan 04, 2014
i was sleeping at home this afternoon, when my kid sis. Called,
she was probably crying before she called me cos i deduced that from her voice,
She told me that a prophet at their church singled her out and told her that her senior brother doesn't go to church, that she should inform me that something bad will befall me this year if i don't start going to church,
am no believer in religion but right now am confused, should i heed the prophet's warning and start going to church just for going sakes, cos my sis is really worried that something bad might happen to me if i don't ?
Guys please help a brother in distress.
Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by Afam4eva(m): 8:02pm On Jan 04, 2014
It's a blackmail. If it wasn't, the prophecy would have been that you should get close to God and not go to church. Going to church is not the ish but being close to Chineke is the koko.

1 Like

Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by Tolexander: 8:05pm On Jan 04, 2014
Ebamma, e be like say the prophet don see say you don hamma big time and e wan collect him share in form of tithes and offerings.

1 Like

Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by Acidosis(m): 8:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
Afam4eva: It's a blackmail. If it wasn't, the prophecy would have been that you should get close to God and not go to church. Going to church is not the ish but being close to Chineke is the koko.
Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 04, 2014
Bro, don't be decieved oh. It may be that your sister is super concerned about you so she decided to use that technique. Buh the truth is you should beware of wolves in sheep clothings cause they are everywhere. Pray to God for the spirit of decernment. I'd advise you to get religious. Please don't follow your heart or your mind cause they don't control what they does sometimes. May God help and be with you
Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by Enegod(m): 8:30pm On Jan 04, 2014
Tolexander: Ebamma, e be like say the prophet don see say you don hamma big time and e wan collect him share in form of tithes and offerings.
grin
Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by omiobo: 8:33pm On Jan 04, 2014
Afam4eva: It's a blackmail. If it wasn't, the prophecy would have been that you should get close to God and not go to church. Going to church is not the ish but being close to Chineke is the koko.
Church means gathering of believers. He can only get close to God by fellowship. The prophet is right. #Don't get it twisted,going to church is a beautiful thing in Dbanj voice#
Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by Dannylux: 8:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
Start reading your bible fervently.
Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by Afam4eva(m): 8:39pm On Jan 04, 2014
omiobo:
Church means gathering of believers. He can only get close to God by fellowship. The prophet is right. #Don't get it twisted,going to church is a beautiful thing in Dbanj voice#
Getting close to believers is not the same as getting close to God. The church is in your heart and not in a building called church.
Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by omiobo: 8:54pm On Jan 04, 2014
Afam4eva:
Getting close to believers is not the same as getting close to God. The church is in your heart and not in a building called church.

Don't mislead the op,where do you want him to get the words of from? Shrine?
Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by omiobo: 8:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
Afam4eva:

Don't mislead the op,where do you want him to get the words from? Shrine?
Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by Afam4eva(m): 8:58pm On Jan 04, 2014
omiobo:
Don't mislead the op,where do you want him to get the words from? Shrine?
Is it only in a church that one can find a bible or can pray?
Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by omiobo: 9:10pm On Jan 04, 2014
Afam4eva:
Is it only in a church that one can find a bible or can pray?
The op,a canal man like you need to go to church to be nurtured with the words of God.
Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by kambo(m): 3:14am On Jan 05, 2014
dont go.

After the bad incident happens , you can start going.

1 Like

Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by Nobody: 4:11am On Jan 05, 2014
Interesting! So if you don't go to church that means you won't make heaven/paradise? Nice!
Erm Op you know Christianity aint the only religion, tell your sis and the pastor that you want to become a Muslim, and hear what they have to say, don't forget to share with the house.
Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by XLR8(m): 2:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
Leo Adewale: Bro, don't be decieved oh. It may be that your sister is super concerned about you so she decided to use that technique. Buh the truth is you should beware of wolves in sheep clothings cause they are everywhere. Pray to God for the spirit of decernment. I'd advise you to get religious. Please don't follow your heart or your mind cause they don't control what they does sometimes. May God help and be with you

He said he doesnt believe in religion!
Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
XLR8:

He said he doesnt believe in religion!
pls, carefully re-read my comment
Re: A Prophecy At My Sister's Church, That I Should Start Going To Church by PastorOluT(m): 4:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
ebamma: i was sleeping at home this afternoon, when my kid sis. Called,
she was probably crying before she called me cos i deduced that from her voice,
She told me that a prophet at their church singled her out and told her that her senior brother doesn't go to church, that she should inform me that something bad will befall me this year if i don't start going to church,
am no believer in religion but right now am confused, should i heed the prophet's warning and start going to church just for going sakes, cos my sis is really worried that something bad might happen to me if i don't ?
Guys please help a brother in distress.

I enjoin u to start going to church, bt dont just be a "zombie" bt develop a personal relationship with God by spending unique n quality times in His presence daily.

Stay blessed n remain rapturable

(1) (Reply)

Unconfirmed / What It Really Mean To Be Born Again / Must Our Eyes Be Closed During Deliverance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.