Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,901 members, 7,817,667 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:48 PM

How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? (7085 Views)

Help, A Married Woman Refuses To Leave My House, How Can I Send Her Away? / My Sister In Law Slapped Me / I Wish To Send My Husband Back To Nigeria, He Irritates Me Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by kunyeo(m): 11:49pm On Jan 04, 2014
I frankly need your advice. There is my sister in law(junior sister) to my wife that has been living with us for 5 years now.She has reached a marriageable age of 36 and she doesn't seem interested in marriage. Apart from this ,she doesn't respect her sister,always at loggerheads with her up to the point of exchanging bitter words. I normally tried not to interfere but being a person who does' nt like b much noise round me,it wasn't easy . This December,she travelled to their place and I asked the sister to tell her not to come back that she would not be staying with us again.She thought I wasn't serious because she had begged me many times in the past that she would change all to no avail.

My challenge now is.She came back right and I told her point blank that she won't stay with us . She begged as usual,but I remained resolute. She has refused to leave my house claim ing she doesn't have where to go.I have even asked her to to get her own place that I would pay,but she just wants to stay with us ,please how how can I make her to leave.
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by mutiply: 11:57pm On Jan 04, 2014
I feel your pain, call a family meeting and call her parents or senior uncles and tell them that you paid the bride price for one person, tell them all what you said and how you plan to support her. am surprised that your wife has not been the one chasing her away.

7 Likes

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by DankemzI(m): 11:59pm On Jan 04, 2014
She's insecure she feels safe in your home don't pursue her. She needs a "happy" family like yours

Last bullet:
Arrange a suitor for her. A good man with good qualities.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by kunyeo(m): 12:03am On Jan 05, 2014
Her parents are aware.Her mother understand s every thing and has not bothered to even beg for her,but my father in law had pleaded on her behalf,but I told him to forget it.Moreover ,they are nor based in Lagos.
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by homeboy205: 12:07am On Jan 05, 2014
Hey you are that bros, a neighbor to my cousin..........

Sorry about this,.... Try and set her up with a guy to date .....
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by nekaa(f): 12:09am On Jan 05, 2014
Wow 5 years? A 36 year old? U try o.... Encourage her more to get her place... Probly when she is on her own she would feel the need to get married.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by Babamide(m): 12:30am On Jan 05, 2014
Them send her come ni. How can a woman be living with her elder sister at 36. She no get work.
Anyways threaten your wife that she either leaves or u leave. Remember it is just a threat

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by Nobody: 12:44am On Jan 05, 2014
cry
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by slimyem: 5:34am On Jan 05, 2014
She needs a husband and prayers.
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by castielo(m): 6:24am On Jan 05, 2014
DankemzI: She's insecure she feels safe in your home don't pursue her. She needs a "happy" family like yours

Last bullet:
Arrange a suitor for her. A good man with good qualities.

Hey! wat are you sayin?! angry ..A home she's trying to tear apart wit her useless attitude? and u want him to arrange a good man wit good qualities for her abi?.. dat she'll plague wit her bad attitude n insecurity? ..I pray not!

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by Chomzy19(f): 8:15am On Jan 05, 2014
Find an Apartment for her with or without her consent or notification; one saturday morning pack everything she has inside d booth, throw her inside the car and drive her to her new furnished house... Ofcourse before you do it tell her mum n dad dt is what you intend doing bt go ahead wit it wether they agree wit u or not

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by hotmolo(m): 1:58pm On Jan 05, 2014
Wake her up by 3am nd tel her ... "We need to talk".

1 Like

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by kunyeo(m): 2:41pm On Jan 05, 2014
Chomzy19: Find an Apartment for her with or without her consent or notification; one saturday morning pack everything she has inside d booth, throw her inside the car and drive her to her new furnished house... Ofcourse before you do it tell her mum n dad dt is what you intend doing bt go ahead wit it wether they agree wit u or not

Very radical.Do I have the balls for this?

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by Emmyk(m): 4:23pm On Jan 05, 2014
hotmolo: Wake her up by 3am nd tel her ... "We need to talk".
Lol. This is a serious something... cheesy I guess she is not working...
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by kunyeo(m): 9:40pm On Jan 05, 2014
As a sequel to my earlier posting,there's a latest development. My father- in- law stormed our house unannounced today and I definitely knew the purpose. He went round and round coming to the conclusion that I allow my sister in law stay with us for some time.I stood my ground and he was about leaving,he gave the parting shot that the lady would stay with us.That was when I lost my cool,letting him know that he can only advise me, but not come and impose his decision on me in my own house.He felt offended that I was arrogant to have boasted that the house belongs to me.He left for his base.I tried apologising to him if I was rude,but frankly there were no ways to assert and express myself.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by hotmolo(m): 10:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
kunyeo: As a sequel to my earlier posting,there's a latest development. My father- in- law stormed our house unannounced today and I definitely knew the purpose. He went round and round coming to the conclusion that I allow my sister in law stay with us for some time.I stood my ground and he was about leaving,he gave the parting shot that the lady would stay with us.That was when I lost my cool,letting him know that he can only advise me, but not come and impose his decision on me in my own house.He felt offended that I was arrogant to have boasted that the house belongs to me.He left for his base.I tried apologising to him if I was rude,but frankly there were no ways to assert and express myself.

Atleast u made ur point

6 Likes

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by Chomzy19(f): 11:33pm On Jan 05, 2014
kunyeo: As a sequel to my earlier posting,there's a latest development. My father- in- law stormed our house unannounced today and I definitely knew the purpose. He went round and round coming to the conclusion that I allow my sister in law stay with us for some time.I stood my ground and he was about leaving,he gave the parting shot that the lady would stay with us.That was when I lost my cool,letting him know that he can only advise me, but not come and impose his decision on me in my own house.He felt offended that I was arrogant to have boasted that the house belongs to me.He left for his base.I tried apologising to him if I was rude,but frankly there were no ways to assert and express myself.
You made your point and you should stick to it, your sis in law is disrespectful n if I was your wife u wld have thrown her out myself(imagine giving me heat in my hussy's house)... If you can't be bold enuff to take d earlier step then I think you should do it indirectly, remind her every day or every other day that she is no longer welcomed in d house and she shld choose a time she is gonna move out nt later than february, or u can simply always remind her by asking her if she has found an apartment to move into so that u can do d financial aspect, again try n curtail watever freedom she has, I don't fink a 36yr old who is being told what to or what not to do will remain comfortable in dt place for long; in general just make her understand by your actions that she is a guest who has overstayed her welcome... This kinda strategy though is easier for women to carry out hence my earlier advice bt it'll work if you can do it.

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by missojugo(f): 7:08pm On Jan 15, 2015
kunyeo:
As a sequel to my earlier posting,there's a latest development. My father- in- law stormed our house unannounced today and I definitely knew the purpose. He went round and round coming to the conclusion that I allow my sister in law stay with us for some time.I stood my ground and he was about leaving,he gave the parting shot that the lady would stay with us.That was when I lost my cool,letting him know that he can only advise me, but not come and impose his decision on me in my own house.He felt offended that I was arrogant to have boasted that the house belongs to me.He left for his base.I tried apologising to him if I was rude,but frankly there were no ways to assert and express myself.

What did your wife say? How can he force his daughter on you and your wife. Masquerade dey him own house? D annoying part is d girls attitude shocked she believes she is you and your wifes responsibility and you dont have a choice. After 5 years of her attitude you have earned d right to send her back to her parents.

1 Like

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 16, 2015
kunyeo:
I frankly need your advice. There is my sister in law(junior sister) to my wife that has been living with us for 5 years now.She has reached a marriageable age of 36 and she doesn't seem interested in marriage. Apart from this ,she doesn't respect her sister,always at loggerheads with her up to the point of exchanging bitter words. I normally tried not to interfere but being a person who does' nt like b much noise round me,it wasn't easy . This December,she travelled to their place and I asked the sister to tell her not to come back that she would not be staying with us again.She thought I wasn't serious because she had begged me many times in the past that she would change all to no avail.

My challenge now is.She came back right and I told her point blank that she won't stay with us . She begged as usual,but I remained resolute. She has refused to leave my house claim ing she doesn't have where to go.I have even asked her to to get her own place that I would pay,but she just wants to stay with us ,please how how can I make her to leave.
She is what we call in my locality, bonus wife. First, what does she do to earn her living? If she is resourceful, you can legally eject her from your residence.
Issue her a quit 90 days quit notice and file same at the nearest court.
At the expiration of this quit notice, issue her again a 30 days notice,which at a day not less than 9am the court bailiff will proceed to eject her, by peaceful means or by force. As far as she is living with you, she falls legally as your tenant, and so by law,you don't have the right to eject her forcefully or orally
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by blank(f): 10:31am On Jan 16, 2015
RoyalRoy, should this not be in family section?
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by mutter(f): 3:15pm On Jan 16, 2015
Just marry her. They have literally given her to you!
How could you let her pack in at the age of 31.

Just tell your wife you plan to marry her to make itt official and you will see how fast that sister-in-law is gone cheesy

18 Likes

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by ifyalways(f): 4:35pm On Jan 16, 2015
Is this like a buy one get one free package? cheesy

@OP, is she not working? No BF?
What is your wife saying/doing in all this ?

mutter:
Just marry her. They have literally given her to you!
How could you let her pack in at the age of 31.

Just tell your wife you plan to marry her to make itt official and you will see how fast that sister-in-law is gone cheesy
Finito

4 Likes

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by Miami11: 5:50pm On Jan 16, 2015
At 36 she really needs a life of her own, plus five years in someones house? Chai
What is her plan for her future?
Why are the parents' imposing her on you?
I only lived with my sister in law for six months the trouble she brought,l had to pack and move out of my house living her with hubby. Hubby got her a place same day and packed her out. Some inlaws are disguised Lucifer's mine was out to break my marriage.
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by zeezahbee(f): 5:53pm On Jan 16, 2015
36 years old. Emo!!! undecided and she's been comfortable in your house
She needs help seriously, I mean real prayer oo, spiritual bath. Her parent are even pleading for a 36years old to stay in another woman house. Is she castrated ? I mean she no get private part ? Have they cut her clit? OP a beg does she have a man in her life?
OP this time around you need to disrespect your inlaws,she's becoming heat in that house , you guys need ventilation, if she ends up reaching menopause in your house, God might not forgive you. Give your wife a 2 weeks ultimatum to send her out or else you leave your marriage, just to scare her and start giving the sister attitude in that house, give her heat, show her red light

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jan 16, 2015
grin grin grin I know for certain you guys are not Yorubas. We get shame for body no be small! In-law ejecting me ke cool

To the issue, get an estate agent to work with her and give some of your time to search for an apartment for her. Then, pay and help her move out.No one will accuse you of rendering her destitute. Viola...problem solved!

5 Likes

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by SAMBARRY: 6:12pm On Jan 16, 2015
Mshewww .This your nollywood story ehen

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by zeezahbee(f): 9:02pm On Jan 16, 2015
moreeni:
grin grin grin I know for certain you guys are not Yorubas. We get shame for body no be small! In-law ejecting me ke cool

To the issue, get an estate agent to work with her and give some of your time to search for an apartment for her. Then, pay and help her move out.No one will accuse you of rendering her destitute. Viola...problem solved!
I am Yoruba , but don't you know the guy is frustrated that's why he came here. Assuming the lady is 21, I will tell the OP to take a chill pill but she's 36 years, getting close to menopause. The OP is doing her a favor by ejecting her. My uncle has ejected his sister in law when she was even just 30years. If we keep having this tradition and inlaw mentality, we won't get anywhere. Patapata, they will say your are wicked and get over it

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by cococandy(f): 6:20am On Jan 17, 2015
What nonsense!
angry
Imagine
kunyeo:
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by cococandy(f): 6:22am On Jan 17, 2015
He doesn't owe her rent. Which yeye entitlement mentality be that one?
At 36? Gosh
Even if she's 20 Is he her father?
His fault was letting her stay 5yrs with that attitude in his house .
Too much kindness sometimes makes o e look like a fool
moreeni:

Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by Nobody: 6:30am On Jan 17, 2015
cococandy:
He doesn't owe her rent. Which yeye entitlement mentality be that one?
At 36? Gosh
Even if she's 20 Is he her father?
His fault was letting her stay 5yrs with that attitude in his house .
Too much kindness sometimes makes o e look like a fool

Coco, let this guy find a replacement and get her out of his house/life. Its the most amiable form of eject I could think of as sis in-law is as shameless as they come. Imagine her refusing to leave when asked to like it's her father's house. Second yr is what he won't pay for.
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by cococandy(f): 6:34am On Jan 17, 2015
moreeni:

Coco, let this guy find a replacement and get her out of his house/life. Its the most amiable form of eject I could think of as sis in-law is as shameless as they come. Imagine her refusing to leave when asked to like it's her father's house. Second yr is what he won't pay for.
my annoyance is that he even offered to pay and she refused insisting on living in their house.
What Insolence
I would have agreed with you except that father in law came to the house to enforce the daughter's staying too. For that reason alone, he shouldn't pay again if he was serious about paying.

That kind of rent you will pay and nobody will tell you thank you. Then the second year that he doesn't pay he will become the evil son in law with not appreciation for the ones he already did in the past.

It is like fetching water with a basket
Re: How Do I Send My Sister In Law Packing? by Nobody: 6:42am On Jan 17, 2015
cococandy:
my annoyance is that he even offered to pay and she refused insisting on living in their house.
What Insolence
I would have agreed with you except that father in law came to the house to enforce the daughter's staying too. For that reason alone, he shouldn't pay again if he was serious about paying.

That kind of rent you will pay and nobody will tell you thank you. Then the second year that he doesn't pay he will become the evil son in law with not appreciation for the ones he already did in the past.

It is like fetching water with a basket

Good thought. Speedy father-inlaw's intervention then. I still believe those people are not yorubas. In-laws do not turn into this kind of obvious pests. Kamari!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Enugu Doctor Takes 48th Wife / How Many Remember The "Joy Girl" Advert? / why do some ladies already hate their Mother's In-law.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.