Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,257 members, 7,822,311 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You (4610 Views)

Amaechi Replies Tony Okocha: "Hunger Will Kill You!" / Picture Of The Only Man That Can Kill Abumbakar Shakau/boko Boys / Children Scramble In Gutters For Noodles,sweets Thrown By PDP In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by Realwaparz: 4:12pm On Jan 05, 2014
Instant noodles are a fast, cheap and easy to cook food for the man on the go but do you know they can kill you. Here we take a look at the top 10 reasons why we should avoid these sweet temptations.

1. Nutrient Absorption : Noodles inhibit the absorption of nutrients for the children under 5.

2. Cancer : The ingredient in the instant noodles called "Styrofoam', is a cancer causing agent.

3. Miscarriage : Women who are Eating instant noodles during their pregnancy causes miscarriage, because it affect the development of a foetus[b].[/b]

4. Junk Food : instant noodles are enriched with full of carbohydrates,but no vitamins, fiber and minerals. This makes the instant noodles considered as a junk food.

5. Sodium : Instant noodles are power packed with high amounts of sodium. Excess consumption of sodium leads to heart disease, stroke, hypertension and kidney damage.

6. MSG : Monosodium Glutamate is used to enhance the flavour of instant noodles. People who are allergic to MSG consume it as part of their diet, then they end up suffering from headaches, facial flushing, pain, burning sensations.

7. Overweight : Eating Noodles is the leading cause of obesity. Noodles contains fat and large amounts of sodium, which causes water retention in the body and surely it leads to overweight, and obesity leads to heart problems.

8. Digestion : Instant noodles are bad for digestive system. Regular consumption of instant noodles causes irregular bowl movements and bloating.

9. Propylene Glycol : The ingredient in the instant noodles called "Propylene Glycol" which has a anti-freeze property. This ingredient is used because it prevents the noodles from drying by retaining moisture. It weakens the immune system of our body. It is easily absorbed by the body and it accumulates in the kidneys, heart and liver. It causes abnormalities and damage to those areas.

10. Metabolism : Regular consumption of instant noodles affect the body's metabolism, because of the chemical substances like additives, coloring and preservatives inside the noodles. SEE HOW A 5 MEN RAPED A 7 YEAR OLD GIRL AT THE SAME TIME @http://realwaparz.ga if you want to be a member of the site quickly go here http://www.jedixwap.tk/registration_site.xhtml?do_id=137 thank you for reading

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by ayodinho91: 6:18pm On Jan 05, 2014
@op, thanks for the info. I guess I should be moderating my intake of noodles (indomie especially). Cancer is now becoming rampant and one just have to watch what goes through his/her mouth.

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by Trut(m): 6:31pm On Jan 05, 2014
@OP, thanks for the info
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by braine(m): 6:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
If these are true, why do they allow sale of noodles?
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by Blackteeth(m): 6:52pm On Jan 05, 2014
braine: If these are true, why do they allow sale of noodles?

I guess noodles are good only if consumed less frequently.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by stevecantrell: 7:11pm On Jan 05, 2014
Though I concur, instant noodles can be unhealthy, they do not contain STYROFOAM (used for food packaging) or styrofoam wax as some scare-mongers have been reporting.

Rather, palm oil (bleached+hydrogenated) is used as a non-stick agent.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by Otseh: 7:38pm On Jan 05, 2014
Is spaghetti among the harmful instant noodles?
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by mrking3(m): 7:43pm On Jan 05, 2014
This is another propaganda to discourage people from eating this precious meal that have saved life!!! Like someone rightly said, if its that Bad, why haven't Nafdac or Son place a Ban on the product?
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by KingsJohnson(m): 8:30pm On Jan 05, 2014
All this things nah wash, op dey yan dust

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by 175(m): 9:10pm On Jan 05, 2014
Your plan to stop me from eating Noddlez won't work!!! Winch .
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by lauyanAbuja: 9:46pm On Jan 05, 2014
Insha Allah, none of my two wives shall cook or prepare Indomie or any noodles whatsoever again.
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by Bsmartt(m): 9:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
@Op I guess some of these are right but to further buttress what you posted, I will advice all and sundry to be careful in theirs intake of any industrially processed Food also known as convenient Food due to the additives used in preserving the Food as well as other additives that aid Food processing. I think our Food legislation should be reviewed because some of these additives have been banned in many developing countries. Thank you
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by JayneStephanie: 10:04pm On Jan 05, 2014
Otseh: Is spaghetti among the harmful instant noodles?

Spaghetti is not even a noodle...its a pasta
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by JayneStephanie: 10:19pm On Jan 05, 2014
Bsmartt: @Op I guess some of these are right but to further buttress what you posted, I will advice all and sundry to be careful in theirs intake of any industrially processed Food also known as convenient Food due to the additives used in preserving the Food as well as other additives that aid Food processing. I think our Food legislation should be reviewed because some of these additives have been banned in many developing countries. Thank you

My dear it is not about reviewing or banning. Even the ones that have been banned e.g. bromate, have Nigerians stopped using it?
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by JayneStephanie: 10:24pm On Jan 05, 2014
mr_king: This is another propaganda to discourage people from eating this precious meal that have saved life!!! Like someone rightly said, if its that Bad, why haven't Nafdac or Son place a Ban on the product?

NAFDAC or SON cannot place a ban on it because there is no proof that it can kill. They already did the one they have been empowered to do...make them fortify noodles with vitamins. So OP you were wrong when you said they didnt contain any vitamins...they are fortified. So you better start making use of information available to you because if you are waiting for when they will ban its production, its just like waiting for when they will ban manufacture of ciggarettes...
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by Luxiana19(f): 10:25pm On Jan 05, 2014
donh eat this ; donh eat that ''! wetin we wan chop sef??!
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by talktimi(m): 10:50pm On Jan 05, 2014
Styrofoam ke ? Op, you and your "doctor" are not serious. If you're talking about diarrhea due to msg poisoning or crazy weight gains then you would have a valid argument. (mind you msg doesnt affect everyone in the same way as most have no issues with it)
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by ignis: 11:14pm On Jan 05, 2014
Luxiana19: donh eat this ; donh eat that ''! wetin we wan chop sef??!
Manna from heaven...
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by Icudkill: 1:12am On Jan 06, 2014
Rawbitch.,!
1 is just a baseless claim same wit 3 ,7 ,8 nd 9.

Monosodium glutamate is an enhancer similar to ur popular maggi, nd is even used in ur popular gala, sayin pple shouldnt eat indomi because of other pple's allergy to dis ingridient is as irrational as sayin we shud al stop eatin biscuits because some pple ar allergic to sugar(and yes pple hav sugar allergies)

I dont knw for sure wat the leadin cause of obesity is, but i can tell u for certain dat alcohol, nd poor way of living ar more potent proponents of obesity

Styrofoam is not present in indomie
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by ifebosco: 1:49am On Jan 06, 2014
The op is very correct,ciggarate is harmful but legal,we like easy and cheap food
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by numericalguy(m): 5:25am On Jan 06, 2014
MODs, front page pls.
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by Blazinraj01(f): 6:14am On Jan 06, 2014
I accept this list.
Also, I was here
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by Watermelon(m): 6:36am On Jan 06, 2014
Crap, all Asians would have been dead by now!

1 Like

Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by ChiSun27(m): 6:56am On Jan 06, 2014
I av lessend my intake of nooddles afta one moniker lyk dat self bombard d intake of it....now dis is anoda reason 2 take it once in a month...bfor finally giving up.
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by An0nimus: 7:35am On Jan 06, 2014
Watermelon: Crap, all Asians would have been dead by now!
Truth you speak, wise one.

Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by Super1759: 8:04am On Jan 06, 2014
chineke leeee, I just finished "2-hungryman packs now"
How will I stop taking indomie?
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by ginezz: 8:22am On Jan 06, 2014
7. Overweight : Eating Noodles is the leading cause of obesity. Noodles contains fat and large amounts of sodium, which causes water retention in the body and surely it leads to overweight, and obesity leads to heart problems.

A member complained about his light weight some few weeks back and nobody suggested Noodles to him to gain weight. Anyway, I hope he reads this thread.
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by Tuntheycr7: 9:08am On Jan 06, 2014
Need to show this to my wife and her kids........

Running to market to buy semovita, yam, etc
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by eyenCalabar(m): 10:03am On Jan 06, 2014
Super story...
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by Dreyl(m): 11:26am On Jan 06, 2014
Story story
Re: 10 Ways Instant Noodles Can Kill You by 4tunebest(f): 12:07pm On Jan 06, 2014
Thanks Op for this list. Who knows, it might actually save a life. Of everything in your list, this is the most potent.

Realwaparz:

9. Propylene Glycol : The ingredient in the instant noodles called "Propylene Glycol" which has a anti-freeze property. This ingredient is used because it prevents the noodles from drying by retaining moisture. It weakens the immune system of our body. It is easily absorbed by the body and it accumulates in the kidneys, heart and liver. It causes abnormalities and damage to those areas.

Propylene glycol is a humectant which is used in some food products as a thickner/stabilizer/emulsifier. It isnt safe for consumption since Its original application is for it to be used as an antifreeze in the automobile industry and not the food industry. However, for one reason or another, some food companies still make use of it and other artificial additives but it is declared on their ingredient list as: E123, E456, E789 (not the correct numbers).

The side effects of these things on the body do not happen overnight. They take time to accumulate in the body before they begin to manifest as Diabetes, HBP, heart diseases, osteoporosis, etc

It may not be possible to totally avoid these artificial foods in our diet but consumption should be reduced to the barest minimum. Suffice to say that the fear of artificial foods is the beginning of wisdom.

(1) (Reply)

Kudos To Kwankwaso! I Spotted One Woman During His Declaration Rally. / Time To Classify “I Am Not Igbo” Rants As A Disease Or Symptom!, By Paul Achalla / Fellers This Is A Prison Cell In Norway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.