Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,782 members, 7,817,246 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:44 AM

Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? (32366 Views)

69-year-old Herbalist Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife / Boy Or Girl, Which Is Preferable As Your First Child / It Works! Know Whether U Are Having A Boy Or A Girl Without An Ultrasound! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by bluerange(f): 9:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
Be thankful with whatever God has blessed you with, Many couples are on the waiting list to adopt a child!

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Menoski(m): 9:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
folymania: Hi,
I'm new @ this section and I need to hear ur opinion on sth.

Just wedded last month and its been fun.
The honey-moon has refused to end grin
But while my hubby and I came back from S/Africa (4m the honey-moon),
His mum took me aside and said she would like to have a baby-boy.

She was all blabbing about how it is better to have a boy as first born. Claiming that it would be difficult to handle a girl in this corrupt county of ours.

While I lightly pressed my point on the fact that a first born girl will still have time for her parents and siblings far longer than a boy.

U won't believe I've been having it tough with my in-law ever since and even my hubby has joined her

I really don't care. I just trust God 4 whatever he gives me. And I'll play my role.

But what do u guys think ? undecided
As for me. Girl child all de way. Let ur mother inlaw be the gate keeper of ur womb, if its baby girl that come first she will send it back and welcom boi......
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by beauty4(f): 9:57pm On Jan 06, 2014
Op, my prayer for you is to have kids that will make you proud irrespectiv of the sex, as much as there are sons that frustrate their parents, there are also daighters like that. The only prob i forsee is your hubby, u are supposed to have discussed sich issues before marriage to know the kind of man u are about to spend the rest of your life with. As for ur MIL, you better start praying for God to intervene
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Sunshinelady(f): 10:02pm On Jan 06, 2014
Op, am sori to say, but u acted foolishly by arguin wit her or 'pressin ur point' as u said, on d gender of d baby. Are either of u responsibl for producin children, let alone d gender? U shuld av just laughed over it, & said somtin like 'mama God will giv us accordin to his wish' or somtin. Dat ll settle it. Now both she & ur husby are now against d female first born idea. Hmmm, u r courtin trouble o.., pls next time wen such iSsue arises wit her don't argue or say u ll prefer dis or dat. Just be tankful to God 4 a blissful marriage, enjoy ur marriage, & wait on God to giv u wat he wants

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jan 06, 2014
Sunshine lady: Op, am sori to say, but u acted foolishly by arguin wit her or 'pressin ur point' as u said, on d gender of d baby. Are either of u responsibl for producin children, let alone d gender? U shuld av just laughed over it, & said somtin like 'mama God will giv us accordin to his wish' or somtin. Dat ll settle it. Now both she & ur husby are now against d female first born idea. Hmmm, u r courtin trouble o.., pls next time wen such iSsue arises wit her don't argue or say u ll prefer dis or dat. Just be tankful to God 4 a blissful marriage, enjoy ur marriage, & wait on God to giv u wat he wants
smiley smiley
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Classique27(f): 10:08pm On Jan 06, 2014
I prayed for a female child as my first but God gave me a male. Female kids are generally easier to manage and help out around tthe house earlier. But my dear I pray u have a male child first to avoid unhappy marriage and it will also eliminate the problem of looking for a male child later. But please try to get your footing early in your marriage otherwise u will always be pushed around at the detriment of your own happiness. I wish u a happy marriage

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by chi4ik(m): 10:09pm On Jan 06, 2014
So many people ar crying to God to have @ least one child $ some people here even have some nerve to say they prefer male child. Child na Child, as for me, all Children ar equal. Most times sef it's d female Child that use to save d family sef.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Missmossy(f): 10:27pm On Jan 06, 2014
Chomzy19: Hmmm Marriage Never start MIL don dey quote her choice of SEX for d first baby! Na so e dey strt, @OP better be weary of dt your MIL and of I were u n I could do it I'd giv birth to a girl just to spite her (tho finally its in God's hands) dis is d kind of MIL dt will begin to look 4 other options for her son when No male is forthcoming after d 3rd girl so u berra b careful

As to the question, to me n most Mothers, A girl is always better as d first issue, cos she kinda begins to help you out at a very early age, she will organise her siblings n help keep them in check for you wen u aren't looking. But boys re known to be "scattersome" in nature n nt very helpful arnd the house, as d saying goes 'boys will be boys'
I couldn't agree more,a female child tends to render more assistance and is not left out in the proper upbringing of her other siblings.
What more can a woman ask for that a child whom she nutures and who inturn nutures the ones after her. A female child being the first goes a long way in affecting the livestyle of her other younger ones in the longrun. Well children in general are gifts from the Lord and either one he gives to you is beautiful in his eyes.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by hobyner(m): 10:28pm On Jan 06, 2014
Personally i prefer a boy as a first child and it's 99% not 95% of men that want a boy as their first child. But since the chioce is not ours to make i dont see the reason for quarrels.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Hayurdayle(m): 10:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
Hmmm. Intelligent pples are here. My advice to u@op, is dat ur MIL has given u a prayer point, dat is a male child, and if eventually u hv a fmale, dat s God for u. But i wish u pray 4 a son to avoid issues o. Foundation matters alot. Thnx.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Hayurdayle(m): 10:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
Personally i would prefer a male child as first born or both as twins.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by dorox(m): 10:39pm On Jan 06, 2014
They are both fine as first born, what really matters the most is that your child is healthy, next is to train your child to be an upstanding member of society when he/she becomes an adult. I am sure that you can think of many young women that you would be proud to have you first child to be like when she grows up, and many young men who have become a curse to their family.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by http(m): 10:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
And it seem the MIL if from Pluto, lol! women are their own worst enemy, the same ladies on Nairaland will be worse that the OP MIL, women don't know what they want.

Now they are defending the girl child cos someone is equating them less to a boy as the first child in the family, when it get to their turn, am sure the ladies here will do thesame as the OP MIL....

@ OP, tell the woman, it's none of her bussiness, tell her she will be invited when you deliver what your hubby deposited 9 month earlier.

5 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by emmyoha87(m): 10:54pm On Jan 06, 2014
Anyone with the fear of God & Wisdom is the best.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by DollyParton1(f): 10:55pm On Jan 06, 2014
rudedough:

I totally disagree with you. It's 50% Y-Chromosome and 50% X-Chromosome.

Actually if you bring weight into the equation, the female X-Chromosome carries 3 times as much DNA material than the Y-Chromosome and in reality, the woman X-Chromosome has more say in determining the gender of the Child.

You are bullshiting.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by shagaman: 11:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
@poster, while I feel your discussion with your mother in law, what about people who have been waiting for so long to have a child as far as I am concerned any one GOD gives one, one should be happy and give the best education.
Those conductors or agbero are they not someones firstborn....abeg relax and enjoy your marriage...you guyz just got married unna suppose dey confirm all the four corners of your house....you and ur husband should be in Huhuhahahuhaahuhaa musical choir.... wink
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by AreaFada2: 11:29pm On Jan 06, 2014
See question o.

Wetin come concern gender for first born?
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Btruth: 11:32pm On Jan 06, 2014
folymania:

Thanks. cheesy

But u don't expect me to confront her with dat, do u?

Why not? Is she Patience Jonathan? Abeg tell her directly or indirectly to leave you and your husband alone to enjoy yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jan 06, 2014
twins all d way...boy and girl...it Gona b great.....
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Arialbold: 11:41pm On Jan 06, 2014
you want designer baby. boy or girl ko, fair or dark ni. even sef why not start arguing over your unborn baby's height. how tall, how short. LOL grin

the most important thing at this point should be safe delivery. leave the rest to God.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by showby: 11:46pm On Jan 06, 2014
Girls are good for a start cos they bring grand-children earlier grin
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by unmask: 11:58pm On Jan 06, 2014
Most of you have missed the MIL's point of view...... @op did you fornicate with your hubby or with someone else before your hubby? If your answer to that question is yes, then the reasons for your hubby and MIL's concern isn't far fetched...........

They believe in the "like mother like daughter" mantra..... So they don't want a daughter that would end up living the kind of life her mother lived or even doing worse......

So op that's what is on their mind

You can even use this thought : Imagine Beverly osu having a girl as her first child....... Yea... You get the picture now
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 12:04am On Jan 07, 2014
Mumu dey o.I get surprised everyday.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by PAGAN9JA(m): 12:12am On Jan 07, 2014
wow Nairaland promoting sexism on fp. hmm . .

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 12:15am On Jan 07, 2014
folymania:

Thanks. cheesy

But u don't expect me to confront her with dat, do u?
isnt she educated? If she isnt then someone or a medical doctor needs to educate her. We just four girls in my family. My dad got worried at a point.. He had to be educated and by the Grace of God, we all doing fine in our respective proffesions. IMO as long as the children are well brought up irrespective of their sex, the parents will b proud. Knowledge is important.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Chomzy19(f): 12:17am On Jan 07, 2014
unmask: Most of you have missed the MIL's point of view...... @op did you fornicate with your hubby or with someone else before your hubby? If your answer to that question is yes, then the reasons for your hubby and MIL's concern isn't far fetched...........

They believe in the "like mother like daughter" mantra..... So they don't want a daughter that would end up living the kind of life her mother lived or even doing worse......

So op that's what is on their mind

You can even use this thought : Imagine Beverly osu having a girl as her first child....... Yea... You get the picture now
Stop talking Trash feeling You are making sense... Its called Delusions of intelligence n Wisdom n You shld come out of it while you still can...

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by dopedealer(m): 12:19am On Jan 07, 2014
my own opinion on this is that any1 can only wish for either a boi or gurl but only God has the power to determine the gender.
@ mother-in-law .. you can direct ur wishes to God.. simple.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Alexpetra: 12:40am On Jan 07, 2014
ileobatojo:

And how does she expect you to achieve this jare? I assume she believes you're omnipotent?

Lord knows what the reaction will be if you do have a girl first.
Manufacturing tinz....LOL
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 12:41am On Jan 07, 2014
Op ask 2face

btw pix or it didnt happen
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by paslinda: 1:15am On Jan 07, 2014
Celyt: @Troy20; E be like say you are Op's MIL, lol...
Please go back and re-read your post. You sounded as if a female child can't do all that you stated there. I should be asking you that question; do you have issues with the female gender?

for your information; i have them(three healthy boys) but doesn't make me a better woman than others, kini big deal?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery / Man Who Refused To Marry His Wife In Court For 9 Years, Now Begs To Wed Her / What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.