Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,834 members, 7,817,452 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:31 PM

Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? (32367 Views)

69-year-old Herbalist Marries 18-year-old Girl As 57th Wife / Boy Or Girl, Which Is Preferable As Your First Child / It Works! Know Whether U Are Having A Boy Or A Girl Without An Ultrasound! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by paslinda: 1:19am On Jan 07, 2014
The answer to ur question is in one word "CHIJIOKE" if u re Igbo translate it urself but if u re nt get an Igbo person to translate for u.

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Decibel: 1:37am On Jan 07, 2014
Stånd: If only men would agree to carry a foetus for nine months and then go through the pains of labour..they wouldn't mind what came out of them..be it child or yam. Most men think they can just shoot sperm and then dictate the sexx of babies cos they ain't the ones doing the nine-months carrying and pushing during labour. I have a feeling that men would opt for abortion if they were the ones getting pregnant..how many of them would have the patience to carry a child for nine months...
The bank CEO(murder-in-law) has given her a 'target' for the first quarter endorsed by the bank manager(horseband)
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 2:17am On Jan 07, 2014
When next your mother in law or husband brings up the topic, just calmly tell them that they could get their wise if your husband does a very good job in the bedroom, because as much as you'd love to make that happen, the problem is that its all in the hands of your husband.

HE NEEDS TO PERFORM WELL.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Noblefreeman(m): 4:03am On Jan 07, 2014
Tell that ur mother in law what Oshiomole told the widow GAD
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by charismatic1(f): 5:34am On Jan 07, 2014
The most important thing is for you to pray to God to give you what is best,either boy or girl,God surely knows what is best for you.
Your priority shouldn't be to please your mother in law 'cos of the sex of your first child since you can't control that,however,if your husband and mother in law are bent on you having a boy first,thank God for bio-science,that is, IVF(in-vitro fertilization) selection,if they don't mind the cost.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 5:46am On Jan 07, 2014
omo the two are Good sha n we shud all know God gives children n he determines deir gender too.....
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Gynacologist(m): 6:47am On Jan 07, 2014
@ gaggi u funni die. What does it matter? I couldn't care less. Just
pray u can even have kids or ur mother will
make your life hell.
By the way, there us scientific backing that a
woman is responsible for determining d
sex. A woman's canal could be highly acidic
or alkaline. Acidic is not very favourable
towards d male sperm as it tends to kill it
faster while alkaline is more favourable
towards d male sperm. It's vice versa for
acidic favouring d female.
That's why some women will birth six girls,
the man marries another wife and finally
gets a boy. To those doubting, do a
research.
Personally, I prefer female kids, they are so
sweet.
Na fo where u hear al di one sef
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by TheBitterTruth: 7:02am On Jan 07, 2014
All is well. A boy is not equall to a girl atall most especially in this p resent world of ours where Ladies are like valueless searchet pure water but whichever God gives u, accept it as ur destiny and pray to God for the best luck for him or her.

3 Likes

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 07, 2014
TheBitterTruth: All is well. A boy is not equall to a girl atall most especially in this p resent world of ours where Ladies are like valueless searchet pure water but whichever God gives u, accept it as ur destiny and pray to God for the best luck for him or her.

AHHHH shocked shocked Let me quickly move away from this place before the female e-warriors arrive?

Ok let the battle begin!! grin grin

**Dodge stick** Dodge Stones** Pick race** grin grin
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Sike(m): 7:11am On Jan 07, 2014
AKO l'ogidan n bi mehn! It's a boy baby.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by shizzle11(m): 7:43am On Jan 07, 2014
@Op
I honestly pray that you have a boy first just so that you will have peace, because from the look of things you will have a tough time with your mil. This one she has fired a warning shot already, its obvious she will be a trouble shooter. Some women sha, God help you
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by modele2: 7:54am On Jan 07, 2014
Advantage of boy first : removes the societal pressure early in marriage. However there is a God factor. No matter our ovulation math, he sends his own preference so u guys should quit playing God.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by leonshom(m): 8:01am On Jan 07, 2014
Any 1. Is okay, so far u av a good child,u av it all! Whether a boy or a girl, responsibility matters a lot than gender !
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by omogidi234(m): 8:12am On Jan 07, 2014
Hia,

Happy married life. I have so many folks around me who are trusting God for babies, that alone presented me with an opportunity to take any one of the sexes that comes first.

So for me, anyone is good first.

But if we factor in your MIL's position, I think it is worth to pray and calculate for a boy. I know this should and ought to be a nuclear family, however, I can assure you it will take time before MIL from both sides will hands off. Oldies in marriage will have you hear that.

Please do this, goggle ovulation calender. Download it on your pc or your tablet or smarphone. Now input your cycle, the calender will give you fertility days as well ovulation date. It will also give you a gragh of when best to get a girl and when best to get a boy.

Please note these calculations will require Internet connection.

Caveat. Assuming everything is fine, no Low fluid, woman is okay and no "external problems" if you meet on the date given to you as ovulation " mama na boy".

Best regards.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by omogidi234(m): 8:17am On Jan 07, 2014
modele2: Advantage of boy first : removes the societal pressure early in marriage. However there is a God factor. No matter our ovulation math, he sends his own preference so u guys should quit playing God.

I agree with you that one should not play God but I want to assure you that God who said " be fruitful, multiply and subdue the earth" is the one who has given us (scientists now) the ability to subdue the earth by unearthing how to get a boy or girl from Him.

Thank you.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by geeudy(f): 8:30am On Jan 07, 2014
ileobatojo:

I'm telling you. In fact I pray this OP has a boy first like they want. If not, it doesn't sound like she's going to find it funny at all. The mil is a deliberate trouble maker.
Gbam!!! Na dis kind MIL dey put asunder for pple marriage. She will not go nd take care of her husband..
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by buJu234: 8:45am On Jan 07, 2014
I will advice u to strongly start fasting praying and learning all the medical ways to help u get a boy cos families with this kind of tot I dey fear dem.

I have a freind that is in hell now cos of having 2 girls as first born ( I mean twins) and she jst had a third baby girl.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by halavoke: 8:49am On Jan 07, 2014
folymania: Hi,
I'm new @ this section and I need to hear ur opinion on sth.

Just wedded last month and its been fun.
The honey-moon has refused to end grin
But while my hubby and I came back from S/Africa (4m the honey-moon),
His mum took me aside and said she would like to have a baby-boy.

She was all blabbing about how it is better to have a boy as first born. Claiming that it would be difficult to handle a girl in this corrupt county of ours.

While I lightly pressed my point on the fact that a first born girl will still have time for her parents and siblings far longer than a boy.

U won't believe I've been having it tough with my in-law ever since and even my hubby has joined her

I really don't care. I just trust God 4 whatever he gives me. And I'll play my role.

But what do u guys think ? undecided

Wateva GOD gives u is fine and will work out for ur good. No need to worry worry about such tins. Personally i wud prefer a gal 1st sha
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Josh1992: 8:50am On Jan 07, 2014
@op it's first child not first born...consider an English class for more explanations #please
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by dasparrow: 9:11am On Jan 07, 2014
@Post

It does not matter if a boy or a girl is the first born. As long as the child is healthy is really all that should matter. This is why I have no respect for most Nigerian marriages. They are conditional marriages where true love does not dwell. So OP, what will the mother in-law do should you not bear any male children? I guess if that happens, the marriage is doomed. I see so many first born Nigerian males who are touts, drug traffickers, r8pists, paedophiles, corrupt politicians and the likes. Instead of obsessing about a baby's gender, why can't Nigerian men and women obsess about raising God-fearing children that will grow up and become upright citizens of Nigeria and the world at large?

1 Like

Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by dives(m): 9:19am On Jan 07, 2014
A boy so that he can beat up any guy who tries to mess with any of my daughters (his younger sisters) undecided
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Lexusgs430: 9:20am On Jan 07, 2014
Pickin nah pickin !!! Let's pray for healthy kids. Only if your inlaw can determine the s.ex of the child, that she should be concerned.
The next thing your inlaw would start advising you on, is that missionary position guarantees you a particular s.ex !!!
Enjoy your marriage and cut out unnecessary traffic, happy married life !!!!!
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Lexusgs430: 9:24am On Jan 07, 2014
Josh1992: @op it's first child not first born...consider an English class for more explanations #please

Professor of English. When did nairaland become a lecture room ?
When a query or question is posted, use your initiative to decipher the content, try to comment and not correct vocabulary use !!!!
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by toluene12: 9:24am On Jan 07, 2014
Gaggi: http://www.examiner.com/article/trying-for-a-boy-or-a-girl-can-you-medically-improve-your-chances-part- 2

http://www.natural-health-for-fertility.com/natural-gender-selection.html

oga the v.agina p.H is acidic in order to prevent infection, alkaline p.H promotes bacterial vaginosis and other STI.
and no it kills no sperm.

the Y spermatozoa are fast but weak vice versa for the X, so couples who desire male child are encouraged to abstain from sex until the woman ovulates.
the above is not even a guarantee, its just a hypothesis
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by mutoheer: 9:34am On Jan 07, 2014
[color=#000099][/color] Even the holy book says of those before us who were saying that angels were female children of God, It says that if one of them would be briefed that his wife had given birth to a female child, he would sag his head in sorrow.
Thus, it simply implied that those before us did not want a female child. It is even on record that they buried their female children for they did not love them.
In our society today, male are given much more importance than their counterparts.
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by rozyemmanuel: 9:36am On Jan 07, 2014
u no fit plant Mango collect Pear, So let the man do his job well. Beside if God decide a female who can change it?
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Richyflair: 10:02am On Jan 07, 2014
Babe pls dont mind dat ml.u ve jst got married nt even up 2 a month she has started ha trouble.pls if she have decorder advise her 2 watch emmanuel tv so she can see millions stil seekin 4 a female child which she claims is not important bt couldnt find.was dat hw she was pressurized by her own mother inlaw wen she got married?
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by AndrewDegan: 11:10am On Jan 07, 2014
No difference. Just a healthy child
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Tintinix: 11:19am On Jan 07, 2014
Usually having a Boy child first removes the 'Pressure' of having a son in the marriage.
Having said that there is No better sex first as far as I am concerned. Just pray the Lord gives you heavenly sons and daugthers according to His Word.
But whatever the case enjoy them, they are all precious gifts from God with divine Purposes to fulfil!
Re: Which Is Better: Boy Or Girl As First-born? by Nobody: 11:41am On Jan 07, 2014
I prefer male child. A family without a first male child is well behind that with a first male child. The absence of a first male child is a permanent setback. Its like taking WAEC and passing all the other subjects without a "C" pass in Maths and English. You have to continue to try, try and try until you pass it and in the case of a family, have the male child. But by this time, in your worry and panic measures, you would have produced more children than you actuallyneeded. Having a son as the first child in a nuptial union gives one a good start in family life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Flat Is Your Tommy After Delivery / Man Who Refused To Marry His Wife In Court For 9 Years, Now Begs To Wed Her / What Keeps A Marriage Together - Love Or Respect?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.