Stats: 3,152,329 members, 7,815,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:01 PM

‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage (32529 Views)

15-year Old Marriage Collapses As Husband & Wife Engage In Alleged Adultery / Woman Loses 39-year-old Marriage For Denying Husband Sexual Rights / Man Ends 22-year-old Marriage Over Wife’s Trousers (2) (3) (4)

‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by Islie: 11:50am On Oct 17, 2021
A couple is currently seeking the dissolution of their 10-year-old marriage before an Ikeja High Court in Lagos. This is on account of a bottle of ‘holy water’ the wife brought into the house without her husband’s approval.

The aggrieved husband, Olaniyi Oluwaseun Oladepo, is asking Justice Christopher Balogun to dissolve his marriage with his wife, Adeyinka, claiming that he was provoked to violence over the strange prayer-water, which the wife brought into her matrimonial home without his knowledge.

Oladepo has since left his matrimonial home, maintaining that his life is under threat and as he was being provoked, he would not want to do something he might later regret.

The petitioner, Oladepo, in his explanation on why he wanted the court to dissolve the marriage, narrated to Justice Balogun that he left his home because he was incited to aggression. He accused his wife of being fetish.

He said: “I feel threatened. I was being provoked to violence, but I left the house. I saw a liquid content in the house.”

Responding to the allegation, Mrs. Oladepo said they got married in October 15, 2011. “We have two children who are five and seven years old.”

She explained that her husband told her in 2015 that they were no longer compatible. “My mother brought holy water she collected at a Catholic Church programme. And I only collected the water; I have not used it for anything. I travelled from work and upon returning home, I discovered that my husband had absconded. He left our matrimonial home.”

The judge adjourned further hearing of the matter.

https://guardian.ng/news/how-holy-water-ruins-10-year-old-marriage/

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 17, 2021
Is there any water that's not holy?hmmm

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by SportsHD: 11:58am On Oct 17, 2021
Only God knows how much she bought the '' holy water'' from pastor.

All the mofos quoting me, how of was I supposed to know that catholic water is free?

36 Likes

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by GOFRONT(m): 12:05pm On Oct 17, 2021
More n more marriages to be ruined at Lekki........From tomorrow 18th October, Lekki DNA Laboratory kickstart full operation. .....abi una don forget d date?

Hmmm......October 18, Tomorrow at Lekki, we cant wait!!!!

152 Likes 13 Shares

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 17, 2021
Mushroom church business centers will call anything holy
Holy Water
Holy Candle
Holy Handkerchief
Holy Broom
Holy Shoes

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by xpressionx(m): 12:13pm On Oct 17, 2021
Hmm
Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by Sonnobax15(m): 1:24pm On Oct 17, 2021
lipsrsealed
Last month,my father told me to come along with him to our traditional ruler's palace to settle a land dispute between our family and another family...Right there in the palace,over 6 marriages were dissolved while about 3 were adjourned....... Mennnnnnnn,e be like say this marriage institution no too dey favor most couples these days...Abi the juice wey una promise una selves don finish from una lives undecided

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by samwash(m): 3:48pm On Oct 17, 2021
Holy water nor cause anything for this marriage, the man has already made up his mind before now, he's just looking for excuse.
If I may ask a question
How do young people of this our generation feels when they go to Thanksgiving party or celebrations of marriage anniversary from 40years above? Do they think at all ?
Abi na just to eat/ drink all the things available at the party?
Put God first make your own marriage work.

157 Likes 12 Shares

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by cooooooks(m): 3:49pm On Oct 17, 2021
This is why court marriage is the one spouses, especially women, should go for.

That marriage gives you firm backing in a court.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by Chuopee(f): 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2021
Things dey happen
Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by TimeTraveller: 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2021
Religion na scam.
Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by richmond500: 4:55pm On Oct 17, 2021
Wow, holy water deh chase evil spirit, lead u to success and also dissolve marriage.

Such a powerful water

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by Aloof: 4:56pm On Oct 17, 2021
The husband has always been looking for a reason to Divorce, maybe his Mistress has eventually used kenyamatter on him.

Since he couldn't accuse his wife of cheating, he now resorted to accusing her of fetishism.

Are we going to call this man a simp, or an Alpha male? Because I think he's being imbecilic.

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by Patrioticman007(m): 4:56pm On Oct 17, 2021
Fake water or Holy water, women should be closer & loyal to their husbands than their pastors & Bishops. "Till death do us part " is a scared word.

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by Sammyklever(m): 4:56pm On Oct 17, 2021
See wetyin prophet holy water don cause

But lowkey the woman fit don dey piss the man off tey tey

Checkout my thread I gave out a natural solution to men's one minute problem in the bedroom

It will help you last longer and stay stronger in bed

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by IMASTEX: 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2021
Hmm

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by PetVitals: 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2021

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by fourboys: 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2021
Olaniyi grin grin grin

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by chukwuibuipob: 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2021
sad

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:57pm On Oct 17, 2021
My mother brought holy water she collected at a Catholic Church programme. And I only collected the water; I have not used it for anything. I travelled from work and upon returning home, I discovered that my husband had absconded. He left our matrimonial home.”
Much Ado about HOLY WATER!!!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by money121(m): 4:58pm On Oct 17, 2021
Yimu

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by sisisioge: 4:58pm On Oct 17, 2021

I was thinking the holy water was issued by cele peeps nau.

Anyways, the guy finally found an excuse to leave. Let him go....good riddance!

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by MANNABBQGRILLS: 4:59pm On Oct 17, 2021
sisisioge:

I was thinking the holy water was issued by cele peeps nau.

Anyways, the guy finally found an excuse to leave. Let him go....good riddance!
Sisi One,
Na d water pursue am be dat o......

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by Jeezuzpick(m): 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2021
Iyaebe:
Is there any water that's not holy?hmmm

"Sapele Water"

Drink and somersault.

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by BadNews: 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2021
Nawa o

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by Empress2014(f): 5:00pm On Oct 17, 2021
The man already said they are both not compatible anymore.

Marriage is not a do or die!

Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by Charmingrascal(m): 5:01pm On Oct 17, 2021
Perhaps this one too told her husband she was going to collect holy water from her Pastor.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2021/10/pastor-caught-red-handed-sleeping-with-married-woman-on-church-altar-video.html
Re: ‘Holy Water’ Ruins 10-Year-Old Marriage by MyExpression(m): 5:01pm On Oct 17, 2021
The main problem is their INCOMPATIBILITIES.
The man was sincere to point this out but it seems a bit too late.

Same issue I'm having with my girlfriend.
Just last month, we discussed bout our incompatibilities and I expected that to be the point where we would let go, but she pressed on on how she can do this and do that. I still wasn't satisfied coz my needs are still not being met.

She is a good gurl with good character but our difference in ideology is boring us out in the rship.

I don't know how to handle this.

This man's case just put fear in my mind...that might be us in some years time.

She's 29yrs; I'm 32, and it would hurt her to just break up like that.

Woman Reveals How She Dashed Her Husband N500k And What He Did With It / Woman Divorces Husband Over Weak Erection / Lady Searching For A Husband For Her Widowed Mother On Twitter