Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,283 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:21 AM

Mechanic-- Good Packaging But Bad - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mechanic-- Good Packaging But Bad (840 Views)

HELP! Where Can I Find A Trusted Skoda/volkswagen Mechanic? / Good Mechanic Of Honda At Oyigbo. Any Known Please??? / A Good Lexus Mechanic In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mechanic-- Good Packaging But Bad by eddy42k(m): 8:55pm On Jan 05, 2014
am a person that loves and understands his vehicles so much that i dont give room to mechanics to trouble shoot and cause more damage for me, based on what i av experience from them ..pls before u allow that man to ruin what u invested ur hard earn money on pls think twice.

now my recent experience >i drive a 2004 nissan frontier v6 its been a very hardworking partner no major repair aside the brake pads change, 4 months ago when i was going to lekki driving through ikeja GRA, the truck goes off every 3minuts drive, i parked try to observe the posible cause but couldnt ,i call a mechanic that came and said he has to replace the brain box, which i disagreed but wanted to start cutting some wires and joining some wires i still didnt agree, so i manage it to dis prominent workshop at ilupeju ,were the mechanic said he would diagnose the truck which i was really happy about,but after diagnosing, he said he wound need to remove the engine manifold and replace all the sensors and adjust the timing undecided ( i dont know when dey started keeping sensors in manifold,maybe because i was dressed too coperate dat day sha) and the valve body in the gearbox will also be replaced shocked he said thats why the engine dosnt rev properly,,inoder to leave his workshop i just told him i will go and park the truck at home pending the time i get money to fix it ( he calculated 147,00 naira for me)
for the fact that the engine was not reving properly i thought of ETC(electronic trottle cable) but mine was a cable not electronic, den i tot of air flow meter i called some one from ladipo who brought series of the air flow meters ,immediately i changed it the truck smile back at me and since then ..me and my truck has been living our normal live and av been doing our usual works ( for just 6,000)
Re: Mechanic-- Good Packaging But Bad by kablooee: 9:32pm On Jan 05, 2014
What was the result of the scan from the mechanic before he conclude he would change some spiritual sensors.
Re: Mechanic-- Good Packaging But Bad by eddy42k(m): 9:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
what i saw from the scan was knock sensor ,,and he said its in the manifold
Re: Mechanic-- Good Packaging But Bad by CHEECKENGINE: 11:56pm On Jan 05, 2014
Just be carefull
Re: Mechanic-- Good Packaging But Bad by Kingsyze: 10:08am On Jan 08, 2014
Please can we av a picture of the air flow meter? i really want to know what it looks like.
Re: Mechanic-- Good Packaging But Bad by CHEECKENGINE: 12:41pm On Jan 08, 2014
that is the air flow meter

Re: Mechanic-- Good Packaging But Bad by eddy42k(m): 3:16am On Jan 10, 2014
The above is not the type I have in my frontier though
Re: Mechanic-- Good Packaging But Bad by eddy42k(m): 3:30am On Jan 10, 2014
Exact type..this works with xterra also

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Can You Identify This Car Component? / Ph. D Research Topic In The Area Of Vehicle Electrical Rewiring For Elect. Eng. / CAUGHT: Volks-wagen Falsify Diesel Engine Emissions Rate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.