Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,273 members, 7,954,074 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:55 AM

Why Hasnt Western Nigeria Developed A Chocolate Brand/industry? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Hasnt Western Nigeria Developed A Chocolate Brand/industry? (1141 Views)

A Mobile App For Election Monitoring, Developed By Nigerians For Nigerians! / The Most Developed State Capital In Nigeria ? / Buy A Chocolate And Get 1 Litre Of Fuel Free In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Hasnt Western Nigeria Developed A Chocolate Brand/industry? by publisher(m): 10:16pm On Jan 05, 2014
I bought a few bars of MARS and BOUNTY Chocolates earlier today and it got me thinking.

South western Nigeria has been a major hub for Cocoa production for over half a century now; how come business folks from that region are unable to push forward a major Nigerian Chocolate brand that can even be exported?

If Cocoa was this rampant in the South-East for example,would the story be the same? Considering the fact that being a Palm Oil region,the SE can boast of several cosmetics & soap making factories.

What do u guys think?

PS: This is not meant to herald a Yoruba vs Igbo E-war.

2 Likes

Re: Why Hasnt Western Nigeria Developed A Chocolate Brand/industry? by ChristyG(f): 10:47pm On Jan 05, 2014
publisher: I bought a few bars of MARS and BOUNTY Chocolates earlier today and it got me thinking.

South western Nigeria has been a major hub for Cocoa production for over half a century now; how come business folks from that region are unable to push forward a major Nigerian Chocolate brand that can even be exported?

If Cocoa was this rampant in the South-East for example,would the story be the same? Considering the fact that being a Palm Oil region,the SE can boast of several cosmetics & soap making factories.

What do u guys think?

PS: This is not meant to herald a Yoruba vs Igbo E-war.

u mean like d FAKEcosmetics and FAKE soap factories that is filled in d se.nah,dey aint dat desperate.when the time comes sw would use it.u know cocoa money was used during d old western region to develop d region from infrastructure,education and so on,what use d se use d palm oil sales for other than producing fake products.so dont compare
Re: Why Hasnt Western Nigeria Developed A Chocolate Brand/industry? by gratiaeo(m): 11:29pm On Jan 05, 2014
Christy G: u mean like d FAKEcosmetics and FAKE soap factories that is filled in d se.nah,dey aint dat desperate.when the time comes sw would use it.u know cocoa money was used during d old western region to develop d region from infrastructure,education and so on,what use d se use d palm oil sales for other than producing fake products. so dont compare
You are a very big fool. Keep on deluding your self where others are making it

1 Like

Re: Why Hasnt Western Nigeria Developed A Chocolate Brand/industry? by delvinmaya(m): 12:54am On Jan 06, 2014
@ op, its not that the southwest can't, but most businessmen havent really thot about it, guessing though. however comparisson is uncalled for. @ christy, he is absolutely right, so ve lenient on him, comparing was dumb.
i actually have plans for such. And i come from a cocoa producing town in ondo state, expect my chocolate bars soon
Re: Why Hasnt Western Nigeria Developed A Chocolate Brand/industry? by ikeyman00(m): 12:56am On Jan 06, 2014
@@@

they cant cuz it is only the great igbo that can do such ooo

let us know when u need us oooo
Re: Why Hasnt Western Nigeria Developed A Chocolate Brand/industry? by ikeyman00(m): 12:58am On Jan 06, 2014
@@@@

u mean like d FAKEcosmetics and FAKE soap factories that is filled in d se.nah,dey aint dat desperate.when the time comes sw would use it.u know cocoa money was used during d old western region to develop d region from infrastructure,education and so on,what use d se use d palm oil sales for other than producing fake products.so dont compare

na to produe fake self they no get brain

na only to defraud bank and oil industry they sabi
Re: Why Hasnt Western Nigeria Developed A Chocolate Brand/industry? by nigerianrevolut(f): 9:53pm On Jun 11, 2021
It is because the North prefers to tie down the South with unfavourable policies sir. It is time to fly the SOUTH NIGERIA flag if we want to experience real development.

(1) (Reply)

Ajimobi Commissions Asejire Water Plant / Rivers State 2014 Budget Presentation, Live On A.I.T / I Stand By My Boko Haram Allegations Against APC —fani-kayode

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.