Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,371 members, 7,829,947 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:01 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (305578 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 1:57pm On Nov 06, 2015
bellong:
Can those from the South-East please educate me about female genital mutilation in the region?

I read a news today of someone appealing to Australian court to grant him leave to stay in Australia on the ground that if he goes back to Nigeria, his 10yr old daughter will be forced to be mutilated.

How true is this? I have not heard something like it before.

he's only using that excuse to get his stay. it's a standard procedure. FGM & sex trafficking is the leading reason to seek asylum in western countries. if any female rights group gets on his case, he would be allowed to stay!

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 2:02pm On Nov 06, 2015
coogar post=3[hr:
9743193]

he's only using that excuse to get his stay. it's a standard procedure. FGM & sex trafficking is the leading reason to seek asylum in western countries. if any female rights group gets on his case, he would be allowed to stay!

I believe so. The guy painted it as if it was a constitutional requirement.

Yeye guy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2015
bellong:
Can those from the South-East please educate me about female genital mutilation in the region?

I read a news today of someone appealing to Australian court to grant him leave to stay in Australia on the ground that if he goes back to Nigeria, his 10yr old daughter will be forced to be mutilated.

How true is this? I have not heard something like it before.

Lol, dat dude is just looking for an excuse to stay in australia...
Where I come from, nobody have their genitals mutilated, I have never heard of it.. Even my mom never complained of such... am sure her mom never experienced it either...
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bellong: 11:10pm On Nov 06, 2015
njokusboy:

Lol, dat dude is just looking for an excuse to stay in australia...
Where I come from, nobody have their genitals mutilated, I have never heard of it.. Even my mom never complained of such... am sure her mom never experienced it either...

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 8:37pm On Nov 07, 2015
Why were we not awarded the penalty? undecided

Something is definitely wrong with chelsea.... sad
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 11:54am On Nov 08, 2015
edwife:
Why were we not awarded the penalty? undecided
Something is definitely wrong with chelsea.... sad

Sounding like a setup this Chelsea matter.
Referees players.
To come from top4 to relegation phase is too much of a drop
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 12:00pm On Nov 08, 2015
Edwife

While I agree it should still be a pen but there was no contact in the box
If Remy had gone down...pen

How market? grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by edwife(f): 4:23pm On Nov 08, 2015
salsera:

Sounding like a setup this Chelsea matter.
Referees players.
To come from top4 to relegation phase is too much of a drop

Well,everyone is seeing it.

pickabeau1:
Edwife
While I agree it should still be a pen but there was no contact in the box
If Remy had gone down...pen
How market? grin

Many people agreed it was,even some analysts.That's why i like drogba or costa,they will sleep there if need be just to get that penalty.

I must say,market is very bad. smiley
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 4:35pm On Nov 08, 2015
edwife:

Well,everyone is seeing it.

Many people agreed it was,even some analysts.That's why i like drogba or costa,they will sleep there if need be just to get that penalty.

I must say,market is very bad. smiley

Let's pray for an arsenal win smiley
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by ILuvMerije(f): 4:34pm On Nov 09, 2015
Please I need urgentive exper
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 4:49pm On Nov 09, 2015
ILuvMerije:
Please I need urgent help in getting a job. I have a B.Sc (ed) in Geography and I have basic knowledge in Geographic Information Systems. I have 2 years teaching experience and 2 years administrative experience as a Secretary and customer service officer. Any opportunity is welcomed. willing to relocate. graciousmercy151@yahoo.com Thanks.

Hi, I'm curious, why do you think this approach would work?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 4:51pm On Nov 09, 2015
netotse:

Hi, I'm curious, why do you think this approach would work?

...thinking aloud...a desperate measure maybe
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 5:36pm On Nov 09, 2015
ILuvMerije:
Please I need urgent help in getting a job. I have a B.Sc (ed) in Geography and I have basic knowledge in Geographic Information Systems. I have 2 years teaching experience and 2 years administrative experience as a Secretary and customer service officer. Any opportunity is welcomed. willing to relocate. graciousmercy151@yahoo.com Thanks.

what CGPA did you graduate with? a copy of your recent picture would also be helpful. cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 8:53pm On Nov 09, 2015
Kimoni:

...thinking aloud...a desperate measure maybe

Nah...still doesn't make sense.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 8:58pm On Nov 09, 2015
netotse:

Nah...still doesn't make sense.

Desperate times calls for desperate measures...

coogar:

what CGPA did you graduate with? a copy of your recent picture would also be helpful. cheesy

Smh

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 9:14pm On Nov 09, 2015
Kimoni:

Desperate times calls for desperate measures...

Smh

I have heard of desperate job hunting measures, this doesn't cut it, the adjective I'd use normally isn't polite so I'll leave it there.

Assuming I had a job to give out, from her post, can you tell me why i should consider her? I mean there are hundreds of job seekers to each single vacancy(not even counting my personal friends and people from my village sef), why should I consider her?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 9:25pm On Nov 09, 2015
netotse:

I have heard of desperate job hunting measures, this doesn't cut it, the adjective I'd use normally isn't polite so I'll leave it there.

Assuming I had a job to give out, from her post, can you tell me why i should consider her? I mean there are hundreds of job seekers to each single vacancy(not even counting my personal friends and people from my village sef), why should I consider her?

Remember that Nigerian guy in UK that got soo desperate for a job he went to stand at the tube entrance with a placard during rush hour? You recall how many offers he got from that singular action? Immediately, I saw the post above, I remembered our UK guy and quite honestly, if I had a teaching job to give, I'll sure consider her for the role. Why do you think a lot of employers took interest in that guy? I can think of several names for it:

- thinking outside the box to get results
- deviation from the norm to get results
- daring to be different to get results

I dare say it's a quality every employer cherishes because not everyone has the guts to pull stunts like this.

And to prove its working, Coogar is already taking interest and about to interview her cheesy Coogs, no be so? lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 9:35pm On Nov 09, 2015
Kimoni:

Remember that Nigerian guy in UK that got soo desperate for a job he went to stand at the tube entrance with a placard during rush hour? You recall how many offers he got from that singular action? Immediately, I saw the post above, I remembered our UK guy and quite honestly, if I had a teaching job to give, I'll sure consider her for the role. Why do you think a lot of employers took interest in that guy? I can think of several names for it:

I dare say it's a quality every employer cherishes because not everyone has the guts to pull stunts like this.

And to prove its working, Coogar is already taking interest and about to interview her cheesy Coogs, no be so? lipsrsealed
You're comparing her to this guy? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2728732/That-s-one-way-job-Graduate-holds-sign-advertising-rush-hour-Waterloo-station-s-got-interview.html

Just wait for me, I need to use my computer for this rant, a phone won't do grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 9:40pm On Nov 09, 2015
Kimoni:

you're right on the money, skimoni. cool
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 9:51pm On Nov 09, 2015
netotse:

You're comparing her to this guy? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2728732/That-s-one-way-job-Graduate-holds-sign-advertising-rush-hour-Waterloo-station-s-got-interview.html

Just wait for me, I need to use my computer for this rant, a phone won't do grin

***drags him back***

Don't post any epistle with big grammar for me grin grin grin except it's on how to cook ayamashe stew with orisirisi assorted meat cool

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 9:52pm On Nov 09, 2015
coogar:

you're right on the money, skimoni. cool

:Coogs Coogs cheesy grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 9:57pm On Nov 09, 2015
Kimoni:

:Coogs Coogs cheesy grin

it's not what you think.....
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 9:58pm On Nov 09, 2015
coogar:

it's not what you think.....

What am I thinking?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 10:02pm On Nov 09, 2015
Kimoni:

What am I thinking?

i know what you are thinking......my kind of employer does not harass nubile jobseekers
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
Kimoni:

***drags him back***

Don't post any epistle with big grammar for me grin grin grin except it's on how to cook ayamashe stew with orisirisi assorted meat cool

Too let, you provided the perfect opportunity to vent grin tongue

Kimoni:

One of the fastest ways to get a job is to distinguish yourself positively, that's what Alfred Ajani did and sadly that's not what the poster in this case did. There's a huge difference between doing something differently and constituting a nuisance.

Why I asked that question was to determine if the poster was aware that there is a better way to go about it, the way she's going about it isn't different from the many other job seekers on and off NL so I don't agree with your thinking outside the box theory.

I see too many people consistently appealing to something other than interest, passion, competence etc. to get a job and I shake my head. Later they will now come and be saying that there are no jobs in Nigeria. If your approach is wrong you can spend X years hitting your head against the wall.

A friend was at Alcatel in 2008 or so trying to submit his CV to the receptionist and she was doing shakara, he said one man there just got annoyed and called him and told him instead of you to be wasting your time like this just get the HR managers name, go to the nearest post office and use EMS to send your CV to her directly.

A friend that works for a fortune 100 company also used DHL to send her CV to the company HR manager when she was looking for a place to serve for NYSC and was accepted and retained after, babe got transferred to the UK after a couple of years.

A wrong approach can cost an opportunity.

P.S.
you said you would offer her a teaching job, how are you sure that's what she's interested in? there isn't even enough info in her post to show what field she would be interested in and thus have an increased likelihood of succeeding in said field.

P.P.S.
I checked her post history and there's nothing there that suggests that she would be worth the while if I had a job to offer, we're in a country with millions of unemployed and underemployed people, that's not good enough...I'm just being honest here.

P.P.S
After venting I'm still pissed off...smh.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 10:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
coogar:

i know what you are thinking......my kind of employer does not harass nubile jobseekers

grin grin grin grin grin I believe you wink
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 10:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
netotse:

One of the fastest ways to get a job is to distinguish yourself positively, that's what Alfred Ajani did and sadly that's not what the poster in this case did. There's a huge difference between doing something differently and constituting a nuisance.

Why I asked that question was to determine if the poster was aware that there is a better way to go about it, the way she's going about it isn't different from the many other job seekers on and off NL so I don't agree with your thinking outside the box theory.

I see too many people consistently appealing to something other than interest, passion, competence etc. to get a job and I shake my head. Later they will now come and be saying that there are no jobs in Nigeria. If your approach is wrong you can spend X years hitting your head against the wall.

A friend was at Alcatel in 2008 or so trying to submit his CV to the receptionist and she was doing shakara, he said one man there just got annoyed and called him and told him instead of you to be wasting your time like this just get the HR managers name, go to the nearest post office and use EMS to send your CV to her directly.

A friend that works for a fortune 100 company also used DHL to send her CV to the company HR manager when she was looking for a place to serve for NYSC and was accepted and retained after, babe got transferred to the UK after a couple of years.

A wrong approach can cost an opportunity.

P.S.
you said you would offer her a teaching job, how are you sure that's what she's interested in? there isn't even enough info in her post to show what field she would be interested in and thus have an increased likelihood of succeeding in said field.

P.P.S.
I checked her post history and there's nothing there that suggests that she would be worth the while if I had a job to offer, we're in a country with millions of unemployed and underemployed people, that's not good enough...I'm just being honest here.

In Alfred's case, do you think several workers would not have thought he was constituting a nuisance even as he carried a placard that morning? Standing on the way during rush hour time? In all honesty, what would you have thought yourself if you were rushing to work that day and you saw him?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by coogar: 10:08pm On Nov 09, 2015
Kimoni:

grin grin grin grin grin I believe you wink

thanks for the vote of confidence. cool
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 10:12pm On Nov 09, 2015
coogar:

thanks for the vote of confidence. cool

Anytime!
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 10:24pm On Nov 09, 2015
Kimoni:

In Alfred's case, do you think several workers would not have thought he was constituting a nuisance even as he carried a placard that morning? Standing on the way during rush hour time? In all honesty, what would you have thought yourself if you were rushing to work that day and you saw him?

Different strokes...he was wayyyy better at picking his target audience.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Kimoni: 10:48pm On Nov 09, 2015
netotse:

Different strokes...he was wayyyy better at picking his target audience.

Maybe I agree but what I know is, when it comes to thinking outside the box, it's a two edged sword. If you get it right, you become an instant success, a reference point for others but if that same action backfires, it makes you look darn steupid and make people wonder what weed you were smoking. But it's always a chance that is worth taking especially if you are passionate about it.

I won't say the same for people who advertise their products indiscriminately on every thread; that's definitely a distraction, an eyesore and very annoying. Not good marketing at all especially when you see it on every thread. But she has come to a family thread where she believes we have men and women tongue lounging, sipping beer cool and discussing how to move their businesses and family forward. Not a very bad place to advertise/introduce yourself IMO. And yeah, for starters, it can't be a long introduction else, the post will become very unappealing to the eyes.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by netotse(m): 11:03pm On Nov 09, 2015
Kimoni:

Maybe I agree but what I know is, when it comes to thinking outside the box, it's a two edged sword. If you get it right, you become an instant success, a reference point for others but if that same action backfires, it makes you look darn steupid and makes people wonder what weed you were smoking. But it's always a chance that is worth taking especially if you are passionate about it.

I won't say the same for people who advertise their products indiscriminately on every thread; that's definitely a distraction, an eyesore and very annoying. Not good marketing at all especially when you see it on every thread. But she has come to a family thread where she believes we have men and women tongue lounging, sipping beer cool and discussing how to move their businesses and family forward. Not a very bad place to advertise/introduce yourself IMO. And yeah, for starters, it can't be a long introduction else, the post will become very unappealing to the eyes.

I agree with you on the hindsight thing, but not on the coming here to advertise(that's not an intro), it's probably cause I think she was desecrating the thread though. grin tongue

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.