Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,990 members, 7,817,911 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

Boys Night Out Discussions - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Boys Night Out Discussions (304172 Views)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / Girls night out discussions / 11-yr-Old Girl Gets Pregnant For Five Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (182) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 4:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
TV01:

The rabid feminie notion of equality is egregious to the essence and beauty of true complementarity. In family and church, men must absolutely lead. In wider society I have no problem with women being involved or taking the reigns in most regards.

That's could be due to a number of things. She could be just tolerating him due to other pros. Most likely it's her own weak character/lack of self-esteem cum warped application of the nurturing (help-meet) role. It's why a lot get dumped when the man is back on his own two feet. There's a difference between a nurse and a mate, although a mate is both (one for the gyals - feeling generous today wink).

Let your man lead and learn to respect and appreciate that leadership. I pray for 5 men and 2 women on this board regards marriage. You are one of the two. And you will all "fine dine". Can I get an amen?

Learn to let "men be men". Don't nag. Exert a long-term but further reaching influence on them. You will reap the rewards. Encourage, exhort, counsel. They'll respond better and be ready to "war" for you.

TV

Still water for me please. No ice!

Lol@ praying for me regarding marriage

So asking a guy if excess alcohol or even alcohol at all is enjoyment means I am making him to be less than a 'man'?

This is a new year

It is well cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nosyke(m): 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
bukatyne:
Not to dampen the fun but how does the bolded look like fun to you?

He will use it to relax and you can see, he has done a great work.

Nashville:
Thank you my guy. This is just reward for a days job. I don pick Hennessy and Moet join on your bill too. cheesy

No wahala, at most I go wash plate for here, if my money nor complete. cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 4:41pm On Jan 07, 2014
Hold up hold up..

@buka
Do you believe taking alcohol in any quantity makes one less of a man or did i miss a beat
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 4:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
pickabeau1: Hold up hold up..

@buka
Do you believe taking alcohol in any quantity makes one less of a man or did i miss a beat

The issue is that everything is seen as man woman here especially when a 'feminist' aka frustrated old spinster is involved!

A guy was happy with Nashville's posts and offered him about 10 bottles of alcohol, 2 plates of peppersoup etc. and I asked him how he considered that to be enjoyment.

Oga Tv on my case as usual said I should 'let men be men' undecided

I am against alcohol as a Christian; what is my own with men or women in this case?

If alcohol makes someone manly, make them carry go.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nosyke(m): 5:00pm On Jan 07, 2014
bukatyne:

The issue is that everything is seen as man woman here especially when a 'feminist' aka frustrated old spinster is involved!

A guy was happy with Nashville's posts and offered him about 10 bottles of alcohol, 2 plates of peppersoup etc. and I asked him how he considered that to be enjoyment.

I am against alcohol as a Christian; what is my own with men or women in this case?

Take a chill pill Ma'm, life is to short to be too uptight. It was supposed to b b joke.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 5:06pm On Jan 07, 2014
bukatyne:

Topic of the thread is what again please?

Lol.

A beg no change topic for us here please.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 5:10pm On Jan 07, 2014
Royal Roy:

Topic of the thread is what again please?

Lol.

A beg no change topic for us here please.

I guess you can read post history right? undecided
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 5:11pm On Jan 07, 2014
Nosyke:

Take a chill pill Ma'm, life is to short to be too uptight. It was supposed to b b joke.

I am chill my brother cheesy

Where I quoted you is not the first post I made on this thread

Tell your brother TV to chill and not see things all the time
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nosyke(m): 5:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
@ Nash, et Al what are your opinions about a guy marrying his agemate. Won't the respect be compromised?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 5:13pm On Jan 07, 2014
bukatyne: Lol@ praying for me regarding marriage.
I trust you Amen'ed eep down smiley

bukatyne: So asking a guy if excess alcohol or even alcohol at all is enjoyment means I am making him to be less than a 'man'?
Listen. Don't nag. Encourage, exhort, counsel. Be wise. No matter how much they pretend, men hate being told what to do by girls. Stone cold fact. Try this; "Brodas, well spoken, not to much hot 0! After all the hard work y'all put in at the gym. Think of the effect on your buff selves" Sofry, sofry. Don't be combative or warlike about it. Not for here - NL - really, but just makng a point. Gyals you dey hear me so?

bukatyne: The issue is that everything is seen as man woman here especially when a 'feminist' aka frustrated old spinster is involved!/quote] No it's not. Don't allow that bias to affect your thinking. It's more women believing they must engage men as men themselves.

[quote author=bukatyne] A guy was happy with Nashville's posts and offered him about 10 bottles of alcohol, 2 plates of peppersoup etc. and I asked him how he considered that to be enjoyment.
Personally I'm teetotal, but as long as one retains mastery over alcohol it's not bad.

bukatyne: Oga Tv on my case as usual said I should 'let men be men' undecided
Because you were nagging, and men hate that more than being told what to do. Hope you are taking notes? So "Let men be men, you be a woman". Then they'll relate to and cherish you as one

bukatyne: I am against alcohol as a Christian; what is my own with men or women in this case?
And that's fine, although Christianity is not against it.

bukatyne: If alcohol makes someone manly, make them carry go.
Now you sound like the frustrated old spinister you mentioned earlier.

C'mon Bukatyne you can do this wink

TV

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nosyke(m): 5:17pm On Jan 07, 2014
bukatyne:

I am chill my brother cheesy

Where I quoted you is not the first post I made on this thread

Tell your brother TV to chill and not see things all the time

Correct babe, Oya smile Jesus loves you.

Oya, from the female perspective answer my question ^^

@Tv, it's ok, I guess, bukatyne has noted the points you raised.

Ok, bar man, abeg serve everybody chilled fanta cheesy
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by TV01(m): 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
Nosyke: @ Nash, et Al what are your opinions about a guy marrying his agemate. Won't the respect be compromised?

Shouldn't really be a problem. She should respect you for your manliness and maturity. If you possess it. Not your age. End of. If she doesn't the problem is with her. Don't commit until she comes to understanding, but bear with her small if it's the only downside and everything else is good.

TV
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 07, 2014
And that's fine, although Christianity is not against it.

Thank you JESUS!! grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nosyke(m): 5:22pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ewuro707:

Thank you JESUS!! grin

Thief cheesy, na the only thing wey u understand abi??
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by kuntele: 5:25pm On Jan 07, 2014
Nosyke:

He will use it to relax and you can see, he has done a great work.

No wahala, at most I go wash plate for here, if my money nor complete. cheesy

@ Nosyke No wories I got your back. Anyway, let us focus on the topic of the thread. Thank you all for keeping the thread alive. I am enjoying the experiences shared here

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nosyke(m): 5:27pm On Jan 07, 2014
Ewuro707:

Thank you JESUS!! grin

Thief cheesy, na the only thing wey u understand abi?

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by pickabeau1: 5:29pm On Jan 07, 2014
bukatyne:

ok.. no wahala :

Enjoyment... U should try some hot bbq asun with cold drink.. walahi... that is heaven..

the pepper will make u high and the drink bring u down...

Though im not really into alcohol myself
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by tpia5: 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sisi_Kill: @ Nashville
Great Posts!!!!

You and Debosky ought to get together and write a "How to be a THINKING (not thoughtful oh even though y'all are cheesy) Man! Manual

Are you sure you read his posts well or you're being carried away because he was applauded ( nicest explanation)?

Just asking, since this is how people get scammed.

Just gotta point out one teeny tiny itty bitty thing. . .being a nasty selfish, self-centered unyielding woman has nothing to do with equality. Your friend's wife has a personality problem and I am sure she will act the same way no matter what kinda relationship she is in.

Explain how the friend's wife has a personality problem but the friends who want to run his life don't.

When "friends" are vying with a man's wife and kids for his attention (ie his money), what would a reasonable man do?

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by kuntele: 5:32pm On Jan 07, 2014
Dreyl: [size=16pt]abeg park well gringrin this thread ain't for girls oya maneuver to
girls night out or whatever.[/size]

Seriously this thread is not for girls/ladies/women/Madam etc.

You are only allowed to read but not to comment. This thread is to help men/guys handle some challenges based on the experiences shared in this thread or just anything that is cool to gist with among guys. Some men have more years of experience in their marriages and its cool to know what they have been doing differently to keep the marriage or have some interesting story to gist with us....just like #Nash did but that 1004 guy way no pure as the write also condemn such act.

People needs to get inspire from men that are upright and still doing good.

To support #Nash write up,I think one thing that is common amongst Nigerian men (social life) is to have lots of concubine. I have a friend in Nigeria, he has a lot of girls also. I think is environmental factor.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by tpia5: 5:35pm On Jan 07, 2014
Em, I've commented, pardon me.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nosyke(m): 5:38pm On Jan 07, 2014
TV01:

Shouldn't really be a problem. She should respect you for your manliness and maturity. If you possess it. Not your age. End of. If she doesn't the problem is with her. Don't commit until she comes to understanding, but bear with her small if it's the only downside and everything else is good.

TV

Sometimes, they might look all fly till the knots tied, and it will be too late by then. So isn't it better to avoid such situations ab initio?
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nobody: 5:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
So much hilarity in this thread! Oh lawdy lawd!!

grin grin
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by tpia5: 5:49pm On Jan 07, 2014
kuntele:

Seriously this thread is not for girls/ladies/women/Madam etc.

You are only allowed to read but not to comment. This thread is to help family men handle some challenges based on the experiences shared in this thread. Some men have more years of experience in their marriage and its cool to know what they have been doing differently to keep the marriage.

I'm yet to see any such men on the thread yet, maybe I didn't read all the posts.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by tpia5: 5:51pm On Jan 07, 2014
coogar:

oil/gas, madam tpia.
you can't go wrong in this industry & it's beneficial even in nigeria as you have a higher likelihood of working with decent & honest people than say the banking industry.

Thanks, any other career options? ( open question).

Oil and gas is highly competitive and not everyone has the connections needed to get in.
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by SisiKill1: 5:54pm On Jan 07, 2014
tpia@:

Are you sure you read his posts well or you're being carried away because he was applauded ( nicest explanation)?
Just asking, since this is how people get scammed.
Explain how the friend's wife has a personality problem but the friends who want to run his life don't.
When "friends" are vying with a man's wife and kids for his attention (ie his money), what would a reasonable man do?

Errr... I don't know which post you are referencing oh but this is the one I am talking about.

We were once having a drink together with some other chaps and we talked about him changing his car as we know he could afford a better car. The guy agreed and said he also wanted to buy a better car but his wife does not want him to change his car. He had earlier told us the same about the school the children go to. It was soooo far from where they lived and he had to drive several miles to get there. When he asked him why all the long journey, he said that was what his wife wanted.

Her husband wants to buy another car, they can afford the car so why not?

The Children's school is far, husband wants to change schools because he is tired of doing Israelite's journey everyday....she refuses. Why on earth would anyone want to make life difficult for someone they claim they love if they don't have a personality problem?!!

I'll always applaud anyone....Man or woman who preaches mutual respect. It doesn't take a million others applauding for me see who makes sense and who doesn't.

3 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Nosyke(m): 5:55pm On Jan 07, 2014
tpia@:

I'm yet to see any such men on the thread yet, maybe I didn't read all the posts.

Please stay off

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by kuntele: 6:02pm On Jan 07, 2014
Nosyke:

Please stay off

What kind of fixation is it when some people just wan derail thread. E be like fly trying to disturb your glass of ....... you wave your hand they still gonna come. Hello all bonafile member of this thread. Do not allow anyone to derail the thread.

For the Women/ladies, we love you and cherish but this time na guys/men dey hang out on this thread. I beg give us this time.

2 Likes

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by RoyalRoy(m): 6:04pm On Jan 07, 2014
Lollllz.

Funny how women are coming in and heating things up gradually.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by Mzspread(f): 6:07pm On Jan 07, 2014
NRI PRIEST: Ok;So I was having a chat with some of my unmarried friends and they were just being curious and started asking me some fidelity questions. Osy,how is marriage life ? Do you mean you will never hit another woman all your life ? What happens when she is preggie or just put to bed ? These question got me thinking and I was quiet for a minute. Then I started thinking about my wife who is my best friend,my sister,my lover and my world. And I told them this..May God take my life the day I stick my "utu" on another woman. Kai,I love my wife to bits! And I said to them,I love my wife and she is smoking hot. My friends talk about how hot my wife is and I said, how do you expect me to leave all that and go start ffucking around ? One said,you are not faithful to your wife because she is beautiful, rather you are faithful because of the principle which you live by because there are always more beautiful ones out there. Reluctant but I had to agree with them. Truth is my woman is an exceptional being and there is this character she portrays that makes me want her more. We knew each other for over ten years before we got married. Infact,I got married to my best friend. We play like little kids,all the time.

. Awww dis sounds so cool. U are realy a rare gem. I love men who can always boast abt dr wives to anyone who cares to listen. May that love continualy to increase in Jesus name and no one shal put asunder in ur marriage. Tho am yet to get married, my fiance is so proud of me & and he treats me like a queen evn in d presence of his frds..dat boosts my self esteem and it makes me love him d more. Am glad am goin to get married to my king
Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by tpia5: 6:11pm On Jan 07, 2014
Sisi_Kill:

Errr... I don't know which post you are referencing oh but this is the one I am talking about.

Her husband wants to buy another car, they can afford the car so why not?

The Children's school is far, husband wants to change schools because he is tired of doing Israelite's journey everyday....she refuses. Why on earth would anyone want to make life difficult for someone they claim they love if they don't have a personality problem?!!

I'll always applaud anyone....Man or woman who preaches mutual respect. It doesn't take a million others applauding for me see who makes sense and who doesn't.

It is wrong to judge others based on subjective info presented by mischievious nlers.

If an alfa or spiritualist told the couple the exact same thing that poster is complaining about ( like its his business), there'd be no argument at all.

Dem say and I heard na beer parlour gist.

There is nothing wrong with buying another car if they have the money, at the same time it seems like the man is not keeping his ears to the ground.

1 Like

Re: Boys Night Out Discussions by bukatyne(f): 6:26pm On Jan 07, 2014
I assume it is about the age thing right?

Age is no factor for respect.

Anybody who will rrespect you, will

Thanks for the fanta, my favorite cheesy

Nosyke:

Correct babe, Oya smile Jesus loves you.

Oya, from the female perspective answer my question ^^

@Tv, it's ok, I guess, bukatyne has noted the points you raised.

Ok, bar man, abeg serve everybody chilled fanta cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (182) (Reply)

My Madam And Me / Introverts Lounge (Extroverts Pls Keep Off !!) / The Family Section Fun Room!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.