Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,341 members, 7,839,607 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Posterity Will Judge You - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Posterity Will Judge You (964 Views)

Okorocha: God Will Judge Politicians,pastors And Court Judges First / Buhari's Promises In Pictures, For Posterity. / Seun Osewa, Posterity Will Judge You! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Posterity Will Judge You by YEMOYEMI: 3:48pm On Jan 06, 2014
Below was written few weeks ago (before ASUU's strike was called off)and I felt Is hould share with people on this forum.

This piece is intended for ALL the members of Nigerian National Assembly. I suppose part of your assignments as enshrined in the constitution you carry around even if many of you may not have opened the documents in a long time is to check the excesses of the executive arm of government something called checks and balances. Many are just busy arguing baselessly and reacting to the trend of events rather than be guided by the constitution you swore to uphold. I am not in any way insulting our dear honourable members but am just wondering what you are doing as the entity called Nigeria is on its way to extinction. I learnt you even have the powers to impeach elected President on some grounds which incompetence and no confidence are part of.

I have followed the present administrations and happenings in the country till date and will point out to you some instances where majority of people in Nigeria would have overwhelmingly raised vote of no confidence on the president but the power to do such resides solely with you as the representatives of the people/masses. I might be talking as a lay man who does not understand how government is being ran so all my allegations may not be correct but majority of Nigerians cannot be wrong.

I remember vividly when we came out all to the streets nationwide to fight the president’s evil hike in prices of petroleum products in the name of subsidy removal. The president through Finance minister and governor of the Central Bank said the country will collapse with the trend it was going if subsidy was not removed. SURE-P was set up to manage funds received from subsidy removal and down the line we read that about N500billion SURE-P was missing and the honourable members of assembly are quiet on this except they talked but we failed to hear their voices.
Amidst the subsidy protest, the presidency set up Nuhu Ribadu committee and so many revelations and recommendations were made but the report was swept under the carpet. Some people said the president sat on the report because his friends were part of those indicted. If this is true, one would have expected some questioning by you but we didn’t hear your voice. It was around this same period that giving and receiving bribe between Mr. Femi Otedola and Hon. Farouk Lawan came to light. After series of investigations, accusations and counter-accusations the case was swept under the carpet and Hon. Farouk continues in legislative business while Femi Otedola becomes a closer ally of the president.

Just recently, a revelation was made of unbudgeted and unapproved armoured cars bought for the aviation minister with tax payers’ money to the tune of $255 million!!! As usual of the president, he set up different committees to look into the allegation and we assume the committees members are yet to submit their reports as nothing is heard of the case again. I read also that your able selves requested that the madam minister-Stella Oduah appear before you. She did not honour your invitation yet we did not hear your voice. Maybe you shouted but we failed to hear your voice as usual of us.

With the exalted positions you occupy, you can help us confirm the recent claim by the CBN governor that NNPC failed to remit some amount of money to the government and at whose order. Also find out where the money involved is as we speak. You will do well if you can go a step further to check the accounts of all the federal ministries, agencies and the likes. I can bet you that what you will see will be greater compared with the aviation ministry scandal. Corruption seems to be the order of the day in this present government and the presidency seems to be sleeping. This country is being drained by a few people.

As the representatives of the people, I and many other people you represent will like to know the role you played in the 5 month old ASUU strike. Were you not surprised and disappointed when Mr. Labaran Maku and Mrs. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala said the government did not have money to meet the demands of the striking lecturers? Maku even said the country will go down if the government paid the money! Government claimed the sum of N200Billion is now deposited with the CBN for the lecturers few days ago and I wish to ask where the money come from. Was it borrowed from the IMF or World Bank? Can you please ask finance minister and CBN governor to tell us the true state of our economy and finances?

I have so many issues bothering me but I will mention just two more briefly and save the rest for another day. Did you read or listen to Asari Dokubo on his threat in case President Jonathan fails to get second term in 2015? He threatened to bring the country down on her toes and the presidency did not say a word to caution him nor tried him for treason. Chief Bisi Akande referred to the presidency as kindergarten and hell was let lose!!! Which of the statements is dangerous to the survival of the country? Many of you were also seen to be divided on the Rivers State crisis along personal and political party interest. A sad story to tell! Many things are no longer working in the country and our president has visited virtually all the countries of the world without any word from him as to his frequent trips and its benefits if any to the country. It is surprising that your Excellencies did not see any reason to ask the president questions not to talk of finding him incompetent.

I wish to react to the recent letter former president Olusegun Obasanjo wrote to president Goodluck Jonathan but I guess I should save it for another day. You can just help me tell the president to watch his back. Those he surrounds himself with are not telling him the truth. He has a chance to write his name among the few good leaders the country has had. He also has the chance to bring an end to the entity called Nigeria. A word they say is enough for the wise.

Before I go, is it also true that a certain bill confining anyone found guilty of criticising the government/president on any social media platform to 7years jail term has passed second reading in your chambers? Your Excellencies need to please come out and clear the air on this otherwise Nigerians will be forced to react and very soon.

As I submit, I will like to ask you few questions in the best interest of our dear country. If Nigeria was your personal property, will you operate Senate and House of Representatives with the high cost involved in servicing the two chambers and their duplication of efforts? Won’t you say that having the two chambers is a loss to your empire? Please use all the powers you have to affect the country positively as posterity will surely judge you.

You can get my data and have me arrested and jailed. You might just make a Mandela out of me.
@adeyemoyemi

(1) (Reply)

APC To Challenge Ekiti State Election In Court / After Jonathan, The Next President Will MOST LIKELY Be From The North! / Tan(transformation Ambassadors Of Nigeria) Short Movie Script Competition.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.