Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,755 members, 7,820,623 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Taking Permission From Your Current Employer To Go For Another Job Interview - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Taking Permission From Your Current Employer To Go For Another Job Interview (2248 Views)

Pls I Need A New Job! My Current Employer Is Owing All Staff 10 Months Salary / I Asked An Employer To Pay My TP Before Coming For Interview / Question During Interview: Why Did You Want To Leave Your Current Employer/job? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Taking Permission From Your Current Employer To Go For Another Job Interview by AdimGreat(f): 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2014
Pls nlers, how best can one request for permission from his/her current employer to go for another job interview without putting the current job at stake. This is so u dont lose the job incase the new job doesn't work out. In my case now, using sickness as an excuse is not an option. Pls do you advice I tell them what exactly I'm going for. As an employer, would you gladly grant your employee permission to go for another job interview?
Re: Taking Permission From Your Current Employer To Go For Another Job Interview by Google63(m): 4:25pm On Jan 06, 2014
I'm in your shoes... Patiently waiting for brilliant answers
Re: Taking Permission From Your Current Employer To Go For Another Job Interview by Realculture(m): 4:49pm On Jan 06, 2014
It all depends on the employer.is He/she a selfish or jealous type?
Re: Taking Permission From Your Current Employer To Go For Another Job Interview by McCoded007(m): 8:04pm On Jan 06, 2014
in my best opinion its not advisable to take such permission, its sound as putting his/her work to jeopardy while going for another job interview, Meanwhile an employer who wants to sack a staff will not tell it to his/her face (only the harsh one will do that), instead give one excuse or the other to stop him/her from coming again. So its better to look for another excuse. Thats just the best i can say. I hope it helps
Re: Taking Permission From Your Current Employer To Go For Another Job Interview by davide470(m): 9:17pm On Jan 06, 2014
What a colleague did one time::
He arranged for someone to call our boss, to inform him that his grandfather just died (the grandfather has been dead for years), and they needed him to come for a short urgent family meeting.

Well, it worked.. grin

1 Like

Re: Taking Permission From Your Current Employer To Go For Another Job Interview by stylesco: 9:47pm On Jan 06, 2014
davide470: What a colleague did one time::
He arranged for someone to call our boss, to inform him that his grandfather just died (the grandfather has been dead for years), and they needed him to come for a short urgent family meeting.

Well, it worked.. grin

Was about to say that or, you could pretend you received a call from your widowed aunt's child that your aunt just slumped. And she's the one accomodating you.
You fit fake small cry sef.
Re: Taking Permission From Your Current Employer To Go For Another Job Interview by sassyangel1(f): 10:19pm On Jan 06, 2014
Some employers could be merciless. If u like die n resurrect,some don't care. My previous employer will deduct from your salary even if you are sickkk or admitted in the hospital. Some employers ehhhh....
Re: Taking Permission From Your Current Employer To Go For Another Job Interview by AdimGreat(f): 7:50am On Jan 07, 2014
Realculture: It all depends on the employer.is He/she a selfish or jealous type?
My employer is a very nice person but I wouldn't take that for granted cos i think if i tell him I want to go for another job interview it'll sound kinda rude to him
Re: Taking Permission From Your Current Employer To Go For Another Job Interview by AdimGreat(f): 7:52am On Jan 07, 2014
davide470: What a colleague did one time::

Well, it worked.. grin
hmmm...makes brain o. But on a 2nd thought, I dont really wanna frame up sickness or death of anyone. Just looking for a more decent excuse. Thanks all d same

(1) (Reply)

Wanted: Account Officers & Audit Officers / WFO International Invite For Test / Fresh Graduate Recruitment At Etisalat Nigeria 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.