Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:47 AM

The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? (2117 Views)

Turkey Shoots Down Russian Jet Near Syrian Border / Ghanaians Comment On Their Country's Plan On Letting Nigeria Mint Their Currency / 18 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia Today (monday, 04, 2013) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 7:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
ROSSIKE:

You lack common sense even after what has been explained to you. I repeat: No developing nation of more than 30 million people has ''stable power supply''. What you are saying is tantatomount to saying, ''we cannot be developing until we are already developed''. It is ONLY developed nations that have stable, widespread power supply. So it is ST.UPID to say ''we cannot get where we want to get until we have stable power''. India are still doing all sorts of things even though they have problems of power, illiteracy, crime, you name it. Like Nigeria, their power supply is increasing year by year, but it is by no means ''stable'' or widespread. Yet. But it will be. And by the time it does, THEN they will be a developed nation.

Just like Nigeria is moving forward in all facets INCLUDING power supply, yearly increasing its output. Stable power accessible to all is an element of being a developed nation. It is not something you attain BEFORE becoming a developed nation. It is something you attain when you ARE a developed nation. Just like affordable food for all, excellent schools, great roads, health care for all, excellent rail networks, huge, advanced manufacturing industry, jobs and opportunities for all, etc are what you get when you are ALREADY A DEVELOPED nation. You do not get all those things in place when you are a DEVELOPING nation. That is what it MEANS to be a DEVELOPING state. It means you are NOT YET THERE BUT ARE HEADING THERE.

Hopefully this bit of common sense will sink into someone around here.

I will assume for conversation sake, let us just stick to exchanging views and stay off the "Common sense" thing, i will assume that we are all adults . . . Now back to discussion at hand, OBJ spent how much and we are still in darkness, how much as GEJ spent and 6 years after, we are still in the dark - If you ask me, i think we have an issue in Nigeria, we are not inventing anything, it is a matter of invest and install and we maintain the installed, yet we cant get it right and Billions has been spent not to count the number of years wasted . . . How long before we are able to get it right.
Time for us to all join hands and fight the fight to get us there and stop all these, he is my tribesman, we are all Nigeria and together, we could get there.
Again, Nigeria is getting better - No doubt about it, but without the basic, it will be tough to move at a pace of our potential.
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jan 10, 2014
Ojowanle:

''we cannot get where we want to get until we have stable power''. Were the words you put in quotation marks. Please read my post again and show me where you lifted that quote from. That's not my quote and you cannot claim to be paraphrasing since you put it in quotation marks. You lifted a quote from God knows where, attributed it to me and you say I lack common sense! What you quoted was not what I said so your submissions were completely irrelevant, sir.

See this one trying to use over-sense.. My friend face stop trying to duck from your essential position. cool cool
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 10, 2014
Fhemmmy:

I will assume for conversation sake, let us just stick to exchanging views and stay off the "Common sense" thing, i will assume that we are all adults . . . Now back to discussion at hand, OBJ spent how much and we are still in darkness, how much as GEJ spent and 6 years after, we are still in the dark - If you ask me, i think we have an issue in Nigeria, we are not inventing anything, it is a matter of invest and install and we maintain the installed, yet we cant get it right and Billions has been spent not to count the number of years wasted . . . How long before we are able to get it right.
Time for us to all join hands and fight the fight to get us there and stop all these, he is my tribesman, we are all Nigeria and together, we could get there.
Again, Nigeria is getting better - No doubt about it, but without the basic, it will be tough to move at a pace of our potential.

Tell me something.. did you see that link I posted earlier on the HOARDES of foreign investors TROOPING into Nigeria as we speak? Name them, they are either here or on their way: Nissan, Samsung, Porsche, KFC, LG, SONY, Ralph Lauren, plus MANY others... What is it YOU know that these companies don't know? You think they don't know Nigeria's history? The difference between them and you is that they are analytical, aware, and current as far as Nigeria is concerned, where you are emotive, unaware, and mesmerised by economic analysis. A lot of the billions you claim have gone missing have gone into building power plants and transmission facilities across the nation... in readiness for the privatisation program... actual supply has doubled since Jonathan came to power. The investors KNOW that power supply is set to improve exponentially. YOU are stuck in Gear One.

1 Like

Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 9:40pm On Jan 10, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Tell me something.. did you see that link I posted earlier on the HOARDES of foreign investors TROOPING into Nigeria as we speak? Name them, they are either here or on their way: Nissan, Samsung, Porsche, KFC, LG, SONY, Ralph Lauren, plus MANY others... What is it YOU know that these companies don't know? You think they don't know Nigeria's history? Te difference between them and you is that they are analytical, aware, and current as far as Nigeria is concerned, where you are emotive, unaware, and mesmerised by economic analysis.

Thanks for your great comment . . . Just one simple question to you - With 24 hours electricity in Nigeria and all these 5 hours a day, which would generate full growth to the potential of Nigeria?
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Jan 10, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Thanks for your great comment . . . Just one simple question to you - With 24 hours electricity in Nigeria and all these 5 hours a day, which would generate full growth to the potential of Nigeria?

You don't even realize what the main problem is. It isn't the lack of 24 hr supply. It is the lack of access to electricity by around half the nation's population who are not connected to the national grid! THAT'S a much bigger problem, and a bigger brake on economic growth than lack of ''24/7 power'' among those who are connected to the grid, ie you. In any case, the best we can hope for is incremental improvement such as we have been seeing, both in terms of expansion to more communities, and reliability of supply to those connected. The privatisation exercise promises to revolutionize the entire industry. If you cannot understand the sheer economics of power being a more viable promise under private enterprise - then why did you bother going to school cool cool I mean if you have FOLLOWED the power privatisation exercise (and the telecoms exercise before it), you MUST KNOW, SURELY, that power supply is BOUND to improve in the next few months and years!!! It's simple economics.
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 9:53pm On Jan 10, 2014
ROSSIKE:

You don't even realize what the main problem is. It isn't the lack of 24 hr supply. It is the lack of access to electricity by around half the nation's population who are not connected to the national grid! THAT'S a much bigger problem, and a bigger brake on economic growth than lack of ''24/7 power'' among those who are connected to the grid, ie you. In any case. The best we can hope for is incremental improvemnet sich as we have been seeing. The privatisation exercise promises to revolutionize the entire industry. If you cannot understand the sheer economics of power being a more viable promise under private enterprise - then why did you bother going to school cool cool

Madam or Sir . . . There is potential and there is acceptable, Again, will Nigeria be able to achieve our potential possible development without electricity, good roads, security, and the rest? Just a yes or no will do
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 10, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Madam or Sir . . . There is potential and there is acceptable, Again, will Nigeria be able to achieve our potential possible development without electricity, good roads, security, and the rest? Just a yes or no will do

Silly question. Those ideals you mentioned IS ''achieving our potential''. We couldn't ''achieve'' them if we had them already. So we will have to ''achieve our potential'' while enduring a shortage of those things. When we finally have all those things in abundance, then we have achieved our potential. You don't put the cart before the horse. Or describe the horse as the cart.
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 10:02pm On Jan 10, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Silly question. Those things you mentioned IS ''achieving our potential''. We couldn't ''achieve'' them if we had them already. So we will have to ''achieve our potential'' enduring a shortage of those things. When we finally have all those things in abundance, then we have achieved our potential. You don't put the cart before the horse.

Done responding to you:
1. You dont seem to be able to respond a single post without yabbies - Childish to me
2. You seems to dance around simple questions.
Have a great day. . . . When you are really ready to exchange views without rudeness, we MIGHT continue. . . One love!
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 10, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Done responding to you:
1. You dont seem to be able to respond a single post without yabbies - Childish to me
Have a great day. . . . When you are really ready to exchange views without rudeness, we MIGHT continue. . . One love!
right from the beginning of this thread your comments and responses have been baseless... you deserve the 'yabbies'..
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Fhemmmy: 10:10pm On Jan 10, 2014
scipher: right from the beginning of this thread your comments and responses have been baseless... you deserve the 'yabbies'..

OK, Thanks tongue
Re: The MINT (Mexico, Indonesia, Nigeria, Turkey) Countries: Next Economic Giants? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 10, 2014
Fhemmmy:

Done responding to you:

Cool... go debate those on your layman level.. smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

China Begs America Not To Start Nuclear War With North Korea / Republicans have exposed themselves as intolerant & hateful this week. Discuss! / Us-backed ‘moderate Rebels’ Behead Palestinian Kid Of Being ‘pro-assad’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.