Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,082 members, 7,821,721 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) (1001 Views)

OPINION: What's Really Going On Between Okonjo And Obasanjo / Jonathan And John Kerry; Video Of What Actually Transpired / . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) by silami(m): 2:31am On Jan 07, 2014
The video shows how a meeting that started on a good note suddenly went sour.
When on December 19, 2013, members of the House of Representatives Committee on Finance gave Nigeria’s Finance Minister, Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, 50 questions on Nigeria’s current economic situation, they asked her to respond within two weeks.
A reliable source in the House told PREMIUM TIMES that the minister was, as at Monday evening, yet to respond to the questions, three days after the two-week ultimatum given by the lawmakers expired.
The source, however, said the minister could still answer the questions before the lawmakers resume from their Yuletide vacation next Monday.
However, the presentation of the questions to the minister had its own drama, with an exclusive video, sourced by PREMIUM TIMES showing the minister initially making jest of the lawmakers after they informed her of their decision to hand her the 50-question homework.
The video indicates that the controversial meeting started on a warm note with exchange of pleasantries between the executive team, led by Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala (and including the Director General of the Budget Office, Bright Okogwu) and the lawmakers led by the committee chairman, Abdulmumini Jibrin.
Despite starting on a good note, the meeting, which centred around the 2014 budget earlier presented by the minister to the House and the Senate, degenerated when the lawmakers told the finance minister not to respond to their questions on that day after she said she was ‘feeling ill’.
Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala said she came to the meeting ‘out of respect’ to the lawmakers as she was not healthy enough to attend.
After the presentation of the questions, however, the minister insisted she would answer the questions on that day, a request refused by the lawmakers who said they wanted her to come back when she was ‘strong and energetic.’
While the session ended on a sour note, the drama is expected to continue when Mrs. Okonjo-Iweala eventually responds to the lawmakers’ questions and appears to defend her submission.

Watch video:http:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAsBLtIbcnA
//premiumtimesng.com/news/152785-exclusive-video-okonjo-iweala-vs-house-finance-committee-untold-story.html
Re: what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) by silami(m): 2:42am On Jan 07, 2014
I believe the committee base on this video, treated the minister with utmost respect. And I think the minister is just full of herself.
Re: what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) by Reptyle(m): 8:28am On Jan 07, 2014
So what was all the fuss about? The video clearly shows that the committee members showed the minister utmost respect in view of her "ill-health" and she chose to get all dramatic.

She was however, well enough to munch almost half a bottle of peanuts before the session came to order.

Na wah for this country sha.
Re: what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) by Reptyle(m): 8:42am On Jan 07, 2014
I just watched a video of this same session as covered by Channels news and I can't help but marvel at the seeming difference between both videos. Channels edited their video to make it look like the committee members were insensitive to an "ailing" minister who expressed readiness to sacrifice her well being to be at the session out of "respect" for the committee.

The Premium times video however clearly showed that the committee did the right thing by asking the minister to leave and return at a later date in view of her ill-health which she herself agreed would stop her from giving 100% responses to the questions.

The media is indeed powerful.
Re: what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) by najoke: 8:47am On Jan 07, 2014
I remembered some fishbrain(inscere9jarian and others) insulting the house for their actions...that the minister was very CALM,that she studied in havard...etc,etc.

Now that we have this video to show that our HAVARD minister has no manners, with her I DONT GIVE A DAMN attitude and that degrees in HAVARD does not equally mean wisdom.

You guys needs to bury your head in shame.

I will say the same thing i said when the video first came out.......KUDOS TO THE HOUSE MEMBERS ESP THE CHAIRMAN.
Re: what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) by Nobody: 9:12am On Jan 07, 2014
This video has been heavily edited just to make the dis-honourable member honourable. Welldone, Premium Times!

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r3QAvoRyR8
Re: what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) by sheryf01(m): 9:18am On Jan 07, 2014
na_joke: I remembered some fishbrain(inscere9jarian and others) insulting the house for their actions...that the minister was very CALM,that she studied in havard...etc,etc.

Now that we have this video to show that our HAVARD minister has no manners, with her I DONT GIVE A DAMN attitude and that degrees in HAVARD does not equally mean wisdom.

I will say the same thing i said when the video first came out.......KUDOS TO THE HOUSE MEMBERS ESP THE CHAIRMAN.

U can't blame insincere9irian, blame the free Mb accorded by network providers and prob cheat code made public by hackers. Rily don't knw y some pple reason wit their anus. Nigeria is not all about on region or tribe alone,it should be all about everybody or majority. But u see some regions coming to display callous support for gullible,inefficient leaders all in the name of tribe or religion at the detriment of the welfare of majority. That's y i think i like yorubas. For ur info,im not a Yoruba but will rather go with them on leadership role of the country must remain one. Do ur assignment and check the leaders of the least controversial govt in the history of this country then u'll undastand my point.

1 Like

Re: what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) by silami(m): 11:25am On Jan 07, 2014
na_joke: I remembered some fishbrain(inscere9jarian and others) insulting the house for their actions...that the minister was very CALM,that she studied in havard...etc,etc.
Exactly I remember even Madam due process (Oby Ezekwesly) going on twitter to insult the honorable chairman, even though she later retracted her statement and appologise. Bigotry I believe is the bane of Nigeria's development.
Re: what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) by akpan123(m): 12:28pm On Jan 07, 2014
don t understand
Re: what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) by Reptyle(m): 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2014
tokunboh: This video has been heavily edited just to make the dis-honourable member honourable. Welldone, Premium Times!

[url][/url]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r3QAvoRyR8

The Premium times video wasn't edited to exonerate anyone. The video actually showed what transpired before tempers flared and what Channels TV reported happened. It was Channels TV that actually edited their video dishonestly.

If after you watch the premium times video you still feel that the committee chairman was high handed, then your situation is hopeless.
Re: what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) by Nobody: 1:37pm On Jan 07, 2014
Reptyle:

The Premium times video wasn't edited to exonerate anyone. The video actually showed what transpired before tempers flared and what Channels TV reported happened. It was Channels TV that actually edited their video dishonestly.

If after you watch the premium times video you still feel that the committee chairman was high handed, then your situation is hopeless.

Do I even need to argue this with you? A sound mind would put the two clips together and would be able to see the one that has been edited to cause mischief. I hope you listened to the news that accompanied the channels video
Re: what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) by najoke: 6:23pm On Jan 07, 2014
tokunboh:

Do I even need to argue this with you? A sound mind would put the two clips together and would be able to see the one that has been edited to cause mischief. I hope you listened to the news that accompanied the channels video
^

Re: what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) by PapaBrowne(m): 6:54am On Jan 08, 2014
Did you guys notice the serious cheat in this video??

The parts where the committee chairman was rude and provoked the Minister is completely edited.

Nigeria!! Sincerity is lacking in journalism as everybody has a price!

1 Like

Re: what actually transpired between Okonjo-iweala andHouse Finance Committee(video) by silami(m): 11:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
na_joke:
PapaBrowne:
Did you guys notice the serious cheat in this video??
The parts where the committee chairman was rude and provoked the Minister is completely edited.
Nigeria!! Sincerity is lacking in journalism as everybody has a price!
^
look my friend this was just to reveal what was hidden to the public and to balance the news. There's no need to show what is already in the public domain.

(1) (Reply)

My Take On The Attack Of Gov Kwankwanso's Father / Chibok Family Release Statement On Aborted Meeting With GEJ / Adeleke: ‘zimbabwe’s Formula’ Won’t Work In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.