Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,295 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users (117583 Views)

Directory For Consat Satellite Tv Installers - Get Listed / Installers Phone Numbers And Location. / Satellite Tv Installers And Technicians Zone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 9:21am On Jan 07, 2014
Consat is a Direct to Home (DTH) broadcasting service owned by CBS (Continental Broadcasting Service, owners of TVC and Radio Continental).

Consat TV currently has 53 free channels upon fresh installation and activation, and these free channels run for 2 months. After which you can subscribe for any of the 2 available bouquets. They are:

I. Free-to-View - 16 channels

II. Classic - Full channels (currently 53)
Some of the available channels are:

- Dove TV
- TVC News
- LTV
- NHK
- France 24
- Bloomberg
- A-Plus Movies
- DW
- Nigezie
- TVC Nolly (English)
- TVC Movies (Yoruba)
- TVC Movies (Hausa)
- Al-Jazeera
- Fashion TV
- BET
- Viasat Nature
- Fox Business
- Fox News
- BBC
- Sports Plus
- Nickelodeon Europe, etc

The Consat system comes with a 90cm dish, decoder, smart card (which is married to the decoder when activated), and dish accessories.

Installation of Consat is similar to any PayTV setup, only you need to be familiar with the parameters to get the best possible signal quality. For setup, you are strongly advised to use an MPEG4 decoder with satellite tracking abilities (Infinity, Strong would do).

The frequency is 11293 and symbol rate 45000 H. It is positioned at 16 oE. When tracking for signal, you need to achieve signal strength and quality over 80% to get stable feed. Once you achieve this with the Strong decoder, you can then replace it with the Consat decoder and start up the system.

For fresh installation, you should always do a software upgrade (be sure that the power supply is steady to avoid interruption and possible damage to the decoder). Please make sure that the software upgrade is carried out by a duly qualified so as to avoid damage to your decoder.

During installation, you should liaise with the dealer you bought the system from so it can be activated for you.

Hope this has being helpful.

Questions? call 012778690

You can now get Consat decoder online and have it delivered to you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 1:12pm On Jun 27, 2014
For the benefit of those who didn't get the information posted here, please post questions and I'll respond.

Buy Consat decoder from Konga store http:///consat-digital-satellite-receiver-hd-decoder-1371608

Buy Consat from Kaymu http://www.kaymu.com.ng/consat-digital-satellite-reciever-267577.html
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2014
The Consat Bouquets are

1. Style - N1,000 a month, has 26 channels

2. Classic - N4,000 a month, has 53 channels
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by jmaine: 7:10pm On Jun 29, 2014
Kindly list your premium and mini premium channels cos Consat website is not revealing such to the public.

Thanks.

genny2kuk: For the benefit of those who didn't get the information posted here, please post questions and I'll respond.
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 9:35pm On Jun 29, 2014
jmaine: Kindly list your premium and mini premium channels cos Consat website is not revealing such to the public.

Thanks.

As much as I want to, the list cannot be listed publicly. The reason being that there have being slight modifications to the lists available, and changes are still ongoing.

However, if you send me a mail to adim_adim2013@yahoo.com, I will send you a copy.

That also goes for anyone who is interested. Thanks
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by jmaine: 10:12pm On Jun 29, 2014
genny2kuk:

As much as I want to, the list cannot be listed publicly. The reason being that there have being slight modifications to the lists available, and changes are still ongoing.

However, if you send me a mail to adim_adim2013@yahoo.com, I will send you a copy.

Message sent.
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 10:31pm On Jun 29, 2014
jmaine:

Message sent.

Message replied
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by jmaine: 11:34pm On Jun 29, 2014
genny2kuk:

Message replied

Seen Thanks . . .
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by sammydave4ever(m): 11:39am On Jun 30, 2014
My name reads, Samson Fasinu, sent an e-mail to u. waiting for your reply
genny2kuk:

Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 11:58am On Jun 30, 2014
sammydave4ever: My name reads, Samson Fasinu, sent an e-mail to u. waiting for your reply

Thanks for your response.

I have replied your mail.
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by teeboi77: 6:51pm On Jul 01, 2014
kindly send me the list of the premium and mini premium channels...teeboi77@yahoo.com am interested
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 9:22pm On Jul 01, 2014
teeboi77: kindly send me the list of the premium and mini premium channels...teeboi77@yahoo.com am interested

I've replied your mail with subscription list, please note that changes might still occur in the channel list
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by teeboi77: 11:50am On Jul 02, 2014
SEEN..THANKS
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 8:28am On Jul 03, 2014
teeboi77: SEEN..THANKS

U're welcome
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 12:44pm On Jul 03, 2014
Consat Pics - Front & Back

Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 12:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
For most complaints by installers on tracking Consat signals, I found out that the LNB Settings have being tampered with and thereby making it impossible to get the signal.

Before your Consat can be activated, your decoder must display a channel list of between 53 to 55 channels. Though out of these channels, only about 4 of them will be displaying. The rest of the channels will be locked.

If after tracking the Consat signal and you do not see the channels, one possible cause is that the LNB Setting might have being changed.

To make sure the LNB Settings is right, follow the steps

On the Consat Remote Control, Select "Menu" and scroll the options on the right to "Search for Channels"
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2014
Select ok

Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 12:54pm On Jul 03, 2014
You will see two options, Select "LNB Settings" and click ok

Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 1:01pm On Jul 03, 2014
Make sure the values are the same with the one displayed here

LNB Control = "No DiSEqC"
DiSEqC Sequence = "Send Twice"
Position A = "Eutelsat (16.0oE)
Position B = "Not Used"
Position C = "Not Used"
Position D = "Not Used"

If you made changes to the values above, save and do a Network Search

Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2014
To do a Network Search. go back to the option that displays "Network Search" and select ok

The system will do a search and when search is complete you click ok for "Yes, replace old channel list"

Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by lexxybb: 8:33am On Jul 05, 2014
genny2kuk: For most complaints by installers on tracking Consat signals, I found out that the LNB Settings have being tampered with and thereby making it impossible to get the signal.

Before your Consat can be activated, your decoder must display a channel list of between 53 to 55 channels. Though out of these channels, only about 4 of them will be displaying. The rest of the channels will be locked.

If after tracking the Consat signal and you do not see the channels, one possible cause is that the LNB Setting might have being changed.

To make sure the LNB Settings is right, follow the steps

On the Consat Remote Control, Select "Menu" and scroll the options on the right to "Search for Channels"
How can I use consat decoder to track the free channels on the satellite like rdv, oromia and Co. I can't find option to input the frequency manually. Thanks
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 9:37am On Jul 05, 2014
lexxybb:
How can I use consat decoder to track the free channels on the satellite like rdv, oromia and Co. I can't find option to input the frequency manually. Thanks

You can't use Consat decoder to track free channels. Rather, Consat offers a Free-to-View package which comes with 29 channels
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by oluks05: 10:50am On Jul 05, 2014
You are yet to send me d list of channels in the mini premium and premium subscription. I sent u a text the other day. seyioluks(at)gmail(dot)com
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 12:32pm On Jul 05, 2014
oluks05: You are yet to send me d list of channels in the mini premium and premium subscription. I sent u a text the other day. seyioluks(at)gmail(dot)com

Sorry about that, must have being an oversight. Just sent it to your mail now.
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by Nobody: 3:13pm On Jul 08, 2014
jmaine:

Seen Thanks . . .
you self dey reach here (satellite section)
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by jmaine: 9:03pm On Jul 08, 2014
Obiagelli:
you self dey reach here (satellite section)

All join for nairaland na smiley

1 Like

Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 12:00pm On Jul 09, 2014
Consat Free-to-VIew Channels -

TVC News
BBC World News
Al-Jazeera
France 24
Fox News
DW
NHK
WAP TV
TVC Entertainment
Galaxy TV
Yoruba Swagger
because (Oyo)
LTV (Lagos)
OGTV (Ogun)
EBS (Edo)
OSBC (Osun)
RSBS (Rivers)
BSES (Ekiti)
Daystar International
LRA Media
Muslim World TV
Sunnah TV
Kennis Music
X2D
Smash
Sports Plus
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by beeola(m): 8:29pm On Jul 12, 2014
someone gifted me one and i have been battling to install with a DSTV dish since. customer care no pick up too
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 10:38pm On Jul 12, 2014
beeola: someone gifted me one and i have been battling to install with a DSTV dish since. customer care no pick up too

Can u state where u're having problem let's try & sort it out?
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by Brimmie(m): 8:49am On Jul 16, 2014
genny2kuk: Consat Free-to-VIew Channels -

TVC News
BBC World News
Al-Jazeera
France 24
Fox News
DW
NHK
WAP TV
TVC Entertainment
Galaxy TV
Yoruba Swagger
because (Oyo)
LTV (Lagos)
OGTV (Ogun)
EBS (Edo)
OSBC (Osun)
RSBS (Rivers)
BSES (Ekiti)

Daystar International
LRA Media
Muslim World TV
Sunnah TV
Kennis Music
X2D
Smash
Sports Plus

Is it an APC Owned States thing?? Just asking.
Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by hotobo(m): 10:00am On Jul 16, 2014
Brimmie:

useless question. How those this make sense to reasonable peeps here

1 Like

Re: Consat TV Information & Installation Guide For Installers/users by genny2kuk(m): 11:15am On Jul 17, 2014
Brimmie:

Going through the channels and programming running on Consat, I see it as a viable option for viewers who want to get the best of Satellite programming with pocket-friendly payment.

Doesn't sound like a political thing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Frequency For Getting Joysport, Adomtv And Joy Tv On SRT4669XII / Dstv Introduces Dstvfreeview ( Free Channels!!)- Death To Hitv, Mytv And Others? / (diy) Design And Fabricate Your Own Satellite Dish Of "all Sizes", Ask How.now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.