Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,963 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank (6518 Views)

Recruitment In Bank Phb And Dangote Sugar Refinery / Bank Phb Is Recruiting! / Bank Phb's Aptitude Test (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by osigbemehs: 5:26pm On Aug 26, 2008
[color=#990000][/color] lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by aristocrat(m): 10:11am On Jul 07, 2009
MAY GOD HELP U TRU BUT GO 4 ZENITH.4GET ABOUT D PAY, GO FOR QUALITY NOT QUANTITY
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by bolous(f): 10:24pm On Jul 07, 2009
hello house,

Well, i will tell you to trust God for direction.

Now,to tell you what i know about Bank PHB, If you want the pay,hold on to PHB, if you are good at you do no matter the demands,choose PHB,if your life outside work is not too,too,important to you now or you are strong enough to juggle the two together,pick PHB,

There is no place you will not find a challenge, only the strong survive, if you work hard enough even if it's 50% of your target,you will love to work wt PHB.they will not sack no staff /, i can bodly tell you that, neither will they slash salary,
just imagine you that is uncomfirmed entry staff earning 180k monthly,320k quarterly and by end of financial year,they give you additional 150k for leave bonus(though u are not comfirmed) and profit share of 300k and above added to all that, .Your spouse is paid 20k monthly while each of your children are paid 10k monthly(even though you are not confirmed)

If it's all about the benjamins 4U,then take a ride to PHB,

Also note that,there is no restriction to when you can get married or collect personal loan in PHB and your Medical treatments are all paid for including your dependants, infact i got married 2months after i joined phb and enjoyed 12working days leave.
Can others beat that?

i wish someone from zenith can be sincere enough about life in zenith.
PHB is a place to work especially if you are in operations.

I left BAT Nigeria for PHB and i do not regret it one beat,
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by Adido(m): 12:00pm On Aug 03, 2009
Hi,

After reading the various comments on this topic, including mine which I posted some time ago, I am forced to make an additional impute. I used to work with Zenith but am now with PHB. So I think I shld be in a position to do a comparative analysis of the two financial institutions and advice accordingly. I am however not ignorant of the fact that the initiator of this topic must have made a decision by now. But I'd still go ahead with my imputes for the benefit of future readers who might find themselves in the same dilemma.

Making a choice between Zenith and PHB would actually depend on what you want as a career person. Both of the institutions have their challenges and strenghts. As for Zenith, there is this new status of ET via which you have to start as a graduate intake. The pay in that level sucks (N1,020,000.00 pa). Its a flat rate and you are not entitled to anything else cept for 30k medicals. NO PS, no 13th mth, no leave allowance (no leave), no ticket allowance, NOTHING. You also would be there for a yr b4 bcoming an EA, subject to your scoring a B+ in ur appraisals. Now there are rumours (which I am yet to confirm) that some guys are more than a yr as ETs, have been confirmed, but are yet to be promoted. Thus, starting with Zenith makes you at least 1yr behind in ur banking career.

But in PHB on the other hand, you enter as an EA and earn a whooping 3.4 pa. There are also other benefits attached to you as a staff. You have an unlimited health cover in choice health institutions. Your spouse gets to earn 20k per mth for doing nothing other than being ur spouse. You have a lot of loan facities at ur disposal (smth Zenith wld never dream of giving you). Every 3 mths, you earn ur quarterly which is about 165k (apart from ur salary). You get confirmed after 6mths unlike Zenith's 1yr and you can go on leave within ur 1st yr on the job. et cetera.

It is however not in doubt that Zenith has a stronger brand than PHB. As a Zenith staff, I used to stand tall everywhere I went. There is smth about the brand that stands them out. But PHB is going smthwhere. They ahve not yet attained, but they have a bright (VERY BRIGHT) future ahead of them. Also, Zenith has a more established system. There might be so much talk about salaries being based on performance in PHB, but there are guaranteed sums. Besides, you shld have no problem with that if you are hard working. After all, shldn't we all earn our salaries?

A short coming however of PHB is that they do not have a lot of staffs per unit as the case is in Zenith. So, there is a lot of responsilbility placed on individual staffs. There is also the issue of job security. It is widely believed that Zenith staffs have greater job securities than PHB staffs. BUt in the final analysis, it is God that safe-guards our jobs.

So, there you have it. THE CHOICE STILL REMAINS URS.
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by lourash(m): 12:18pm On Aug 03, 2009
hi house, what then would you say about fidelity bank?
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by cescky(m): 8:41pm On Aug 03, 2009
@bolous

please how does BAT go about its recruiting exercise? do they recruit thru other human resource firms?
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by Finecat(m): 1:32pm On Aug 04, 2009
@Adido

This guy is a typical example of a Nigerian banker. Such a airhead. They lie so much about the happenings in the bank they work at. They like to act big for the public eventhough their bottomline is empty. A Nigerian banker will never tell you that his/her bank is struggling, they claim to be an image maker for their employer. This guy made me laugh when he wrote that nonsense about how much bankPHB pays their staff. BankPHB can never afford to pay that much to their staff or is it not Kola Abiola's bank? Where would they get that money from? When the likes of Intercontinental, Zenith and Oceanic is drastically cutting their staff's salary like crazy. I once asked an intercontinental staff shortly after the bank cut their salary how his bank was doing? The idiot began to boast how big the bank is and how many awards they have won until i asked him about the pay cut. He calmed down and accepted that the bank is not what it claimed to be. The case of a Nigerian banker is "suffering but smilling". cry grin
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by thandy: 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2009
guy, both banks are good o,
just pray,
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by Adido(m): 11:31am On Aug 05, 2009
Finecat:

@Adido

This guy is a typical example of a Nigerian banker. Such a airhead. They lie so much about the happenings in the bank they work at. They like to act big for the public eventhough their bottomline is empty. A Nigerian banker will never tell you that his/her bank is struggling, they claim to be an image maker for their employer. This guy made me laugh when he wrote that nonsense about how much bankPHB pays their staff. BankPHB can never afford to pay that much to their staff or is it not Kola Abiola's bank? Where would they get that money from? When the likes of Intercontinental, Zenith and Oceanic is drastically cutting their staff's salary like crazy. I once asked an intercontinental staff shortly after the bank cut their salary how his bank was doing? The idiot began to boast how big the bank is and how many awards they have won until i asked him about the pay cut. He calmed down and accepted that the bank is not what it claimed to be. The case of a Nigerian banker is "suffering but smilling". cry grin

Finecat, I dont know where all this anger and agression is coming from. I also mdo not know why I have now become an airhead simply for airing my views. Anyone who read my comments wld see that I did a fair comparative analysis btw the two banks. And I still stand by all I said. As per PHB salary scale, I do not care about who owns the bank or how that person is able to afford the salary he pays. All I do know is that at the end of each month I get paid my due as and when due. The take home of entry level staffs in close to 3.4. As at today, that amount still stands. I cannot say about tomorrow. The same goes for the other entitlements and the N165k quarterly. So oga, cool down. Direct ur frustrations elsewhere ok. Abi watin una talk?
Re: Make A Choice Between Bank Phb And Zenith Bank by mevisbleek: 4:27pm On Aug 05, 2009
HI EVERYONE I SERVED IN ZENITH BANK, ZENITH IS VERY GOOD, I WOULD SAY U GO FOR ZENITH COS OF THE JOB SECURITY FORGET ABOUT PAY FOR NOW, BUT TO BE SINCERE DONT WORK IN A BANK JUST START YOUR BUSINESS NO MATTER HOW LITTLE. I DO NOT KNOW WHY NIGERIAN GRADUATED ARE AFRAID OF STARTING THEIR BUSINESS LIVING THE UNEDUCATED ONES TO GO INTO BUSINESS AND EMPLOY US WHAT A SHAME TO NIGERIAN PEOPLE WHO CALL THEMSELVES GRADUATE, BUT FOR ME AFTER SERVING IN ZENITH I SWORE NEVER TO WORK FOR ANYONE AGAIN, I CANT ATTEND A PRIVATE UNIVERSITY AND COLLECT 85K PER MONTH FOR WHAT AFTER PAYING MILLIONS FOR FEES. WELL I AM 23YEARS OLD I AM INTO OIL AND GAS, I HAVE A RANGE ROVER SPORT TO MYSELF AND A FLAT OF MY OWN IN FESTAC. ALL NAIJA GRADUATES PLEASE START UR OWN BUSINESS.
THANK U

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria LNG (NLNG) Prize For Literature 2017 / Invitation For Employment Test. / Massive Job Recruitment For National Diploma Holders @sol Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.