Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony (6635 Views)

London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? / 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures / London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by dreeldee: 4:25pm On Aug 09, 2008
the opening ceremony in Beijing has created an uphill task for England, i doubt if they will be able to beat that
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 4:28pm On Aug 09, 2008
KarmaMod:

They can't as they don't have culture. Unless they want to show women in petticoats talking about various types of tea and what to eat baked beans with.
rotflmao!! hehehe. They could do sth abt explorers grin

dreeldee:

the opening ceremony in Beijing has created an uphill task for England, i doubt if they will be able to beat that
Wait till Naija's turn. . . . . or are third world countries not included?
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by onyinye2(f): 4:30pm On Aug 09, 2008
Every body wanted pics of Team USA!!! We gonna do as usually and take home the most medals.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by dreeldee: 4:33pm On Aug 09, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

rotflmao!! hehehe. They could do sth about explorers grin

NEPA will be our bane, by the time the the Stadium light goes off, the Olympic flame will be the only source of light then cheesy cheesy
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 4:35pm On Aug 09, 2008
dreeldee:

NEPA will be our bane, by the time the the Stadium light goes off, the Olympic flame will be the only source of light then cheesy cheesy
rotflmao!! grin grin grin oogbadun. hehe
Atleast we got candles/lathern to pass arnd.

onyinye2:

Every body wanted pics of Team USA!!! We going to do as usually and take home the most medals.
yes o. cool cool cool
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by onyinye2(f): 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

rotflmao!! hehehe. They could do sth about explorers grin
Na uh. We all know what happened when Naija hosted Mrs. World. It is going to be a LONG time til they allow Naija to host the Olympics. South Africa will probably be the first African country to host the Olympics.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by NegroNtns(m): 4:36pm On Aug 09, 2008
The Chinese are not playing, they mean business!  

Here's what is interesting, look at that image in SeanT's post, ; this is the beginning of 4D interaction in entertainment and virtuality.  I can soon buy a gadget to install in my living room that allows me to beam "a virtual KarmaMod" right there.  

Oh, welcome KM, nice of you to grace me with your presence, ; can you please mix me some daiquiri, I don't want to miss the scene in this movie.  grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 4:39pm On Aug 09, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

The Chinese are not playing, they mean business!

Here's what is interesting, look at that image in SeanT's post, ; this is the beginning of 4D interaction in entertainment and virtuality. I can soon buy a gadget to install in my living room that allows me to beam "a virtual KarmaMod" right there.

Oh, welcome KM, nice of you to grace me with your presence, ; can you please mix me some daiquiri, I don't want to miss the scene in this movie. grin

see as you take style woo the chic.
you're still begging abi?

onyinye2:

Na uh. We all know what happened when Naija hosted Mrs. World. It is going to be a LONG time til they allow Naija to host the Olympics. South Africa will probably be the first African country to host the Olympics.

seriously, where was I when naija hosted Mrs.World?
what happened?
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by NegroNtns(m): 4:42pm On Aug 09, 2008
NEPA will be our bane, by the time the the Stadium light goes off, the Olympic flame will be the only source of light then

Eldee, nah wetin my country do you like this that you come say dis kin thing? Chei!! No worry, we go don fix NEPA
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by NegroNtns(m): 4:44pm On Aug 09, 2008
Ruby, you no well. Me and KM be like snail and shell, everywhere snail dey na dere you go find hin shell. grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by oldie(m): 4:44pm On Aug 09, 2008
The only way the Brits can beat this is to bring that magician ehm ,  , Paul Daniels? (Their Prof Peller) to perform abradacabra at the opening ceremony in 2012.

The opening ceremony was out of this world!
I am proud of the Chinese.
I hope they will host to win!
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 4:45pm On Aug 09, 2008
Negro_Ntns:

Ruby, you no well. Me and KM be like snail and shell, everywhere snail dey na dere you go find hin shell. grin

Yes na.
That's why snail no want the shell grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by A40(m): 5:09pm On Aug 09, 2008
The Brits cannot top what i saw from the Chinese yesterday its Impossi-can't they are just too damn conservative not even Copperfield's Magic or David Blaine's would help yall
The Levitation of that Li Ming dude was so shaolin lol
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by workingirl: 5:37pm On Aug 09, 2008
KarmaMod:

They can't as they don't have culture. Unless they want to show women in petticoats talking about various types of tea and what to eat baked beans with.

Lol, or a speech from the queen.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Lady2(f): 5:47pm On Aug 09, 2008
I missed the beginning, and also Nigeria marching in.
But the end was fantastic especially when the last torch carrier soared to the sky and was running in the air on the screen, that was beautiful.

I was pretty upset at the nations that refused women on their team, the Afghans even went so far as to send death threats to the only woman that was on he team that she had to hide for her life. Just for sports o, one has to die. I will keep her in my prayers, and I ask that you all do the same.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Lady2(f): 5:50pm On Aug 09, 2008
so does anyone think Naija may one day host the Olympic games?
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 5:58pm On Aug 09, 2008
~Lady~:

sure, year 3000 sth.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by onyinye2(f): 5:59pm On Aug 09, 2008
~Lady~:

I wish but what happened after we hosted Mrs. World, gave us just the worst impression on the world.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2008
Sad, USA just lost two medals undecided

Double Sculls men and the boat ride thingy embarassed embarassed
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 6:00pm On Aug 09, 2008
onyinye2:

I wish but what happened after we hosted Mrs. World, gave us just the worst impression on the world.
what happened?

tell me tell me!!
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 09, 2008
Oyinye!!

Women's Volleyball is next!!

My sport kiss kiss
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by ebelegirl(f): 6:02pm On Aug 09, 2008
Hmm I wonder when we will see the Olympics in an African nation other than South Africa and Egypt. How do you guys picture the opening ceremony if it were to be held in naija? What dances or things could be done? smiley
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by onyinye2(f): 6:05pm On Aug 09, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

what happened?

tell me tell me!!
Well my mom told me that once Nigeria was suppose to hold Mrs. World, but unfortunatley being a mostly Islamic country, the northerners raided the area and all the ladies ran and said they would never come back.

Ruby_Pearl:

Oyinye!!

Women's Volleyball is next!!

My sport kiss kiss
You know we got this in the bag. cool

ebelegirl:

Hmm I wonder when we will see the Olympics in an African nation other than South Africa and Egypt. How do you guys picture the opening ceremony if it were to be held in naija? What dances or things could be done? smiley
They would open up with P.Square. grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 6:10pm On Aug 09, 2008
onyinye2:

Well my mom told me that once Nigeria was suppose to hold Mrs. World, but unfortunatley being a mostly Islamic country, the northerners raided the area and all the ladies ran and said they would never come back.
embarrassing!!
I never heard abt this embarassed

onyinye2:

You know we got this in the bag. cool
we shall see wink
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by sherrylo: 6:14pm On Aug 09, 2008
Right, that means Nigeria never hosted Miss World,because I was wondering when Nigeria hosted Miss World and where? cos he no happen for Lagos or Abuja!.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 09, 2008
OMG!!! Volleyball game rocks!!!

They keep getting tied!!
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Sentra: 6:33pm On Aug 09, 2008
@karmamod
nice pics whats d trick please tell me.I promise I will not tell anyone.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Sisikill: 6:40pm On Aug 09, 2008
@ Hannibal
[I]In nasal British Accent[/I]
I have offended you, sir! Pardon me. I'm sure the British will hold a lovely ceremony. So lovely, the audience will jump into the Thames for relief. cheesy

@ KarmaMod
Rotflmao. . . Petticoat, baked beans and Tea, how very British. Oh you forgot the hat, can't be complete without their feather hats.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 09, 2008
Sentra:

@karmamod
nice pics whats d trick please tell me.I promise I will not tell anyone.

I agree!!

KarmaMod, Nice pix jare
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by tpia: 6:51pm On Aug 09, 2008
impressive ceremony, but surely no one thinks the Chinese did this all by themselves without the help of foreign (non-Asian) choreographers, organizers and the like. No man is an island.

will get around to watching the entire thing later on today.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by samir101ng(m): 6:52pm On Aug 09, 2008
Shit, was waiting for a huge bomb to go off. So disappointed. (Wears bomb jacket and turban). oh maybe next time. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by klas(m): 7:02pm On Aug 09, 2008
ebelegirl:

I hope you watched the opening ceremony of COJA 2003 (All African Games) hosted by Nigeria. BBC described the lighting of the torch as unbelievable. Super Sports said it was a marriage of technology and culture. What happened? A man played Sango the god of thunder in Yoruba mythology. In the open field, he was annoyed and in anger he spat a flaming thunderbolt that travelled the over 300m trajectory to light the game torch. During the closing ceremony, the reverse was the case, he was appeased and he commanded the game fire to extinguish slowly as a thunderbolt came down gradually from the game torch which he swallowed in well syncronised manner. Nigeria really tried with that laser technology.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Germany Vs Serbia [0 - 1] On June 18 2010 / John Mikel Obi Is Far Overrated! / America Musician Is Average Four Times Lucrative Than Playing Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.