Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,062 members, 7,814,652 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony (6636 Views)

London Vs Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony: Which Was Better? / 2012 Olympics Opening Ceremony Pictures / London Olympics 2012: Live Updates Of The Opening Ceremony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by NegroNtns(m): 3:26pm On Aug 11, 2008

I was about to post this myself. You beat me to it.

tpia, pardon my impatience to digest Chris' tale. grin

The guy gotta be on something worse than crack! In the blog world, people sometime "throw spaghetti on your wall" hoping it will stick. But my walls are well greased for insults like that, under the gravity of truth their spaghetti slip and slide to the floor. grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Sisikill: 3:31pm On Aug 11, 2008
LMAO! You gotta give it to the British, they have a way of taking things to another level. Not things that count, like say. . . oh I don’t know, off the top of my head - Olympics Opening Ceremony. Nah our friends take saltiness to another level.

What’s that old English saying again. . . If there’s no way in HEAVEN and HELL you can beat them, find a way to rubbish and downplay their work. Yes, Yes, that’s it. Bra-a-vo Brits! It's good to see you not only come up with the sayings, you also practice it. wink

This whole thing kinda brings to mind a Yoruba saying and it goes like "Won fe mo idi abajo mi [/i]or in this case [i]idi abajo China but something, something something" (forgive me. . . I can't remember the rest but trust me, it is fitting)

All Hail the Queen. . . abi is it the Queen Mother? Wait the Queen mother is dead right? A’ight, Brits. . . who do y’all hail?. tongue

Negro_Ntns
Good Morning Kyoshi, I hope the sudden explosion of flatulence (caused by bad belly) from our British friends did not spoil your night. grin
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by NegroNtns(m): 4:06pm On Aug 11, 2008
Good morning Sisi.

Thank God for the Ocean, hurricane winds had intercepted it before it had opportunity to do damage. grin I woke up to the fresh fragrance of jasmine.

How is my acolyte doing, 'had a pleasant weekend?
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by slyk2(m): 4:37pm On Aug 11, 2008
Now no one will doubt the power of Chinese technology!

abi dem no beat America and Europe?

since thta stunning performance, i've learnt more about China.
Keep your fingers crossed. They are ruling the world soonest.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by slyk2(m): 4:39pm On Aug 11, 2008
Now no one will doubt the power of Chinese technology!

abi dem no beat America and Europe?

since thta stunning performance, i've learnt more about China.
Keep your fingers crossed. They are ruling the world soonest.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by Classigal(f): 7:43pm On Aug 11, 2008
Beijing Opening ceremony was just beautiful, my eyes couldnt leave the TV screen and I got lotsa warnings from my boss cos I watched it live at work. Good work China.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by suprted(m): 11:03pm On Aug 11, 2008
lmao @ the outdated british stereotypes on here.

if anything, the brits will probably have a disabled, black, muslim, single lesbian mum light the torch.

they aren't topping that though, they haven't got 40 bn to spend.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by SeanT21(f): 11:50pm On Aug 11, 2008
suprted:

lmao @ the outdated british stereotypes on here.

if anything, the brits will probably have a disabled, black, muslim, single lesbian mum light the torch.

they aren't topping that though, they haven't got 40 bn to spend.

LMAO!!
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by AKO1(m): 7:00pm On Aug 12, 2008
[center]MORE BAD BELLE. . .[/center]

Olympic opening uses girl's voice, not face

BEIJING (AP) - A 7-year-old Chinese girl's face was "not suitable" for the Olympics Opening Ceremony, so another little girl with a pixie smile lip-synched "Ode to the Motherland" -- the latest example of the lengths Beijing took for a perfect start to the Games.

A member of China's Politburo asked for the last-minute change to match one girl's face with another's voice, the ceremony's chief music director, Chen Qigang, said in an interview with Beijing Radio.

"The audience will understand that it's in the national interest," Chen said in a video of the interview posted online Sunday night.

http://www.nbcolympics.com/nbc/news/newsid=200300.html?GT1=39003

Interestingly all this is coming out of the Western media.
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by ilysaporta: 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2008
no one can ever top the opening ceremony, especially not UK. The only people i see coming close is Tokyo, thats why im rooting for them to win the bid for the 31th olypiad (2016).
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by SeanT21(f): 11:15pm On Aug 12, 2008
ilysaporta:

no one can ever top the opening ceremony, especially not UK. The only people i see coming close is Tokyo, thats why im rooting for them to win the bid for the 31th olypiad (2016).

Hell nO!! I want Chicago to get it!!
Re: Beijing 2008 Olympics, Opening Ceremony by richylaw(m): 9:47am On Aug 13, 2008
All well said, I must confess how much I was taken off my feet on seeing the spectacular performances at the Beijing Olympics opening ceremony. Without doubt it's being the best and completely culture rich opening ceremony in the history of Olympic Games, however I will say that in my general opinion, talking in terms of innovation of torch lighting, Barcelona,Sydney and now Beijing stands to be analyzed, if we want to refer to unimaginable stunts, the barcelona archer stunts was incredible, however if we want to refer to technology complexity so far in the history of Olympics I will say a big kudos to the Australian cauldron lit by Freeman, Beijing has mixed some man power gymnastics display with some rotoscopic creativity to light her touch. IMHO, I will still say Sydney touch lighting is still the most complex and acclaimed. However in general assesment of the ceremony as a whole Beijing has really set a land mark, it is apparently the best so far. And it is clear that Britain of today can not match up unless they change for good tommorow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Germany Vs Serbia [0 - 1] On June 18 2010 / John Mikel Obi Is Far Overrated! / America Musician Is Average Four Times Lucrative Than Playing Football

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.