Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

How Effective Are You On Your Religious New Year Resolution? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Effective Are You On Your Religious New Year Resolution? (739 Views)

How Effective Is Mountain Prayers ??? / How Effective Are Online Prayers / Curse And Blessing; How Effective Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Effective Are You On Your Religious New Year Resolution? by Cheers01: 6:07am On Jan 08, 2014
My only new year resolution that had to do with religion was to drastically reduce my input on Nairaland's religion section.

So far
-I deleted my main account (Logicboy03)
-I havent made a peep or a comment on Nairaland for a whole 7 days (from 1st to 7th Jan)

So, I think that I am making progress small by small.....

So, what about you? How are you going so far with your new year's resolution
Re: How Effective Are You On Your Religious New Year Resolution? by Cheers01: 8:06am On Jan 08, 2014
oh, and by the way,

logicboy7 is a troll account probably made by a christian to spoil my name after I deactivated.
https://www.nairaland.com/logicboy7
Re: How Effective Are You On Your Religious New Year Resolution? by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:10am On Jan 08, 2014
Why did you delete that account? sad

It must have had lots of valuable posts.

you could've just restricted your timings here on Nairaland.
Re: How Effective Are You On Your Religious New Year Resolution? by Cheers01: 8:41am On Jan 08, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

There are many reasons
1) The name "logicboy" alone brings so many hate and haters. Take for instance, Mynd who was following me around to reinterpret my comments and thread to hide and ban them.

2) I also wanted to see how much "nairaland atheism" would look like without logicboy. Apparently, no new atheist thread on the religion. wow....it only took one week of my absence in 2014

3) I wanted to start the new year without Judases, biased christians and arguments. The logicboy03 username would have tempted me to see and do all that.

.......Exciting new year for me
Re: How Effective Are You On Your Religious New Year Resolution? by Cheers01: 9:41am On Jan 08, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

What's your new year resolution?
Re: How Effective Are You On Your Religious New Year Resolution? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
Cheers01:

There are many reasons
1) The name "logicboy" alone brings so many hate and haters. Take for instance, Mynd who was following me around to reinterpret my comments and thread to hide and ban them.

2) I also wanted to see how much "nairaland atheism" would look like without logicboy. Apparently, no new atheist thread on the religion. wow....it only took one week of my absence in 2014

3) I wanted to start the new year without Judases, biased christians and arguments. The logicboy03 username would have tempted me to see and do all that.

.......Exciting new year for me

wow hmm..

THe logicboy03 was a much respected and feared moniker though. . grin
Re: How Effective Are You On Your Religious New Year Resolution? by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
Cheers01:

What's your new year resolution?

Just to focus and try to achieve life goals and not waste time.

Life is short. . undecided
Re: How Effective Are You On Your Religious New Year Resolution? by Cheers01: 7:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

wow hmm..

THe logicboy03 was a much respected and feared moniker though. . grin

Yes, it was.....
Re: How Effective Are You On Your Religious New Year Resolution? by Cheers01: 7:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
PAGAN 9JA:

Just to focus and try to achieve life goals and not waste time.

Life is short. . undecided

Good...Good.....nice
Re: How Effective Are You On Your Religious New Year Resolution? by manmustwac(m): 8:34pm On Jan 08, 2014
Cheers01: My only new year resolution that had to do with religion was to drastically reduce my input on Nairaland's religion section.

So far
-I deleted my main account (Logicboy03)

-I havent made a peep or a comment on Nairaland for a whole 7 days (from 1st to 7th Jan)

So, I think that I am making progress small by small.....

So, what about you? How are you going so far with your new year's resolution
I was wondering why you, deleted your account. I thought you were annoyed or pissed off with someone. Why couldn't you just leave nairaland without removing all the hardwork and effort you put into it? Why remove all the years you put into your topics and posts at the click of a button? Now nairalanders in years to come (who go through the archives) will not know that once upon a time there was once a great Sir Logic Boy who graced the pages of nairaland with his views on religion. I dey vex o! angry

1 Like

Re: How Effective Are You On Your Religious New Year Resolution? by Cheers01: 8:44pm On Jan 08, 2014
manmustwac: I was wondering why you, deleted your account. I thought you were annoyed or pissed off with someone. Why couldn't you just leave nairaland without removing all the hardwork and effort you put into it? Why remove all the years you put into your topics and posts at the click of a button? Now nairalanders in years to come (who go through the archives) will not know that once upon a time there was once a great Sir Logic Boy who graced the pages of nairaland with his views on religion. I dey vex o! angry

I had to kill logicboy before logicboy killed me.

I also got threatening emails. Trust the theists to fight for their God.

There is still my original logicboy account
Re: How Effective Are You On Your Religious New Year Resolution? by manmustwac(m): 9:06pm On Jan 08, 2014
Cheers01:

I had to kill logicboy before logicboy killed me.

I also got threatening emails. Trust the theists to fight for their God.

There is still my original logicboy account
I still don't agree with the reason why you deactivated your account. You c an't just delete all your hard work like that. Do you know back in the days i wanted to leave nairaland but guess what happened mukina made me a mod which just added to my problems. Only my controversial removal helped ease my addictive problems. No need for me to deactivate my account
Re: How Effective Are You On Your Religious New Year Resolution? by Cheers01: 9:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
manmustwac: I still don't agree with the reason why you deactivated your account. You c an't just delete all your hard work like that. Do you know back in the days i wanted to leave nairaland but guess what happened mukina made me a mod which just added to my problems. Only my controversial removal helped ease my addictive problems. No need for me to deactivate my account

lol.....remember how you deceived me when I wanted a sticky thread and begged you for it?

Of course not. You feel that you did the right thing, while I feel that you ignored and mistreated me after promises.

^^^
The point here is that we will have to agree to disagree. Atheism is not about logicboy03. People dont need to know me, what matters is the message....if one whole year of me arguing on NL has not produced or inspired other atheists to speak up on atheism/religion.....then I feel that it needs no historic storage.
Re: How Effective Are You On Your Religious New Year Resolution? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:15am On Jan 09, 2014
Cheers01:

The point here is that we will have to agree to disagree. Atheism is not about logicboy03. People dont need to know me, what matters is the message....if one whole year of me arguing on NL has not produced or inspired other atheists to speak up on atheism/religion.....then I feel that it needs no historic storage.

I agree. I share the same feelings.

(1) (Reply)

Condolence Speech - T.b. Joshua / Is God Silent? / Questionable Prophecies For 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.