Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,840 members, 7,810,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:21 AM

Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? (5286 Views)

Registration For Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Begins, Register Here / Gulder Ultimate Search 9 / Gulder Ultimate Search Season Eight Begins- Register Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by soloqy: 11:58pm On Aug 08, 2008
Originally: Gulder Ultimate Sham: Its Time People Wisened Up

The only season of this ultimate sham that was ever real was the very first one. After that, the stakes got higher and of course, the "stake holders" became more interested in the final winner.

From Lukam and the way they removed the strongest competition for him( Vaughn), who they knew was not going to play by their "scripts", to Hector and Tope(who was willing to play by the scripts) till date. The Gulder ultimate sham brings together a number of people and make them act out a pre-written script. A script which always had a winner decided before the show began.

When the stakes got higher, after Ezeugo (the only authentic winner), the organizers of the show have always selected the best looking person among the rest to be the representative of the brand.

They should just stop deceiving the thousands of young men and women who register for the sham and risk their health and lives to try and get into the show. Even the last ten are pre-determined.

Please someone should let gulder ultimate sham organizers know that Nigerians are wise to them.

If  Michael had hit the target during the arrow shooting task, the person who did not hit anything would have left that day. This is a total sham.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Mustay(m): 7:03am On Aug 09, 2008
These are just speculations. The only person who has complained publicly about Gulder was ezugo and his complaint wasn't about the show but the contract. It's better to hear from the horses' mouth
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Raymond88(m): 9:20am On Aug 09, 2008
soloqy:

When the stakes got higher, after Ezeugo(the only authentic winner), the organizers of the show have always selected the best looking person among the rest to be the representative of the brand.

That's very true.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Mustay(m): 12:43pm On Aug 09, 2008
Just as 08-08-08 remains special to the Chinese, this just remains speculations and guess work. How do you verify that Ezugo was the 'authentic' winner of the 1st season? Very soon, write ups will call it a jinx that the first man to get to the treasure never finds it. Do they give the winner expo?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by c33b33(m): 1:06pm On Aug 09, 2008
Na 2day yanch begin dey 4 back?If u were not chosen 4 it,try again!Those who won it,deserves it!if there are goodlooking, go make yourself fine b4 u contest.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Aiyetunje: 1:43pm On Aug 09, 2008
the GUS has a lot of buts and [i]minuses [/i]which gives a lot of room for the conspiracy theorists

this year's show was a disappointment really. . .
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by soloqy: 8:17pm On Aug 09, 2008
c33b33:

Na 2day yanch begin dey 4 back?If u were not chosen 4 it,try again!Those who won it,deserves it!if there are goodlooking, go make yourself fine before u contest.

@c33b33
That I posted this doesnt mean I was there or tried to get in there. I am too old and matured to try to make money by risking my life like that.

@Aiyetunji

Its obvious that you actually watched the show. Thanks for seeing what very many other people saw.

@Mustay

Its a trend GUS 2 up untill this one. Its a script that the organizers wrote and are making the contestants act out.

Its not possible that the main contenders in every episode, just get to the last point and become clueless. While the eventual winners just go straight to where the treasure is(without much searching) and shout "have found it".

Take GUS5 for instance. Micheal did not leave the spot he decended at and did no searching at all. Just stood there for a couple of minutes then kicked up the treasure. Whats up with that?

Bros they know what they are doing and and don't be deceived.
Once again, there was absolutely no point of having 4 people left in the search after the shooting task. There was supposed to be an elimination but because micheal missed the target, they devised other stories. You could tell at the talking drum that there wasnt any point of them remaining four at that time.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Ayd: 9:36pm On Aug 09, 2008
i feel u
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by DeepZone: 9:53pm On Aug 09, 2008
Guys, if you get kicked out in a show, just take it that way and move on. The winners in the American idol contest are not always the best singers in that group. There is an element of luck in such competitions coupled with the fact that you should also have a star quality. Even the hottest movie stars are not always the best in the field, their destiny paved the way for them to become screen gods and goddesses above others.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Mustay(m): 10:38pm On Aug 09, 2008
DeepZone:

Guys, if you get kicked out in a show, just take it that way and move on. The winners in the American idol contest are not always the best singers in that group. There is an element of luck in such competitions coupled with the fact that you should also have a star quality. Even the hottest movie stars are not always the best in the field, their destiny paved the way for them to become screen gods and goddesses above others.

I don't think anyone here took part in the competition
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Joseph6(m): 10:43pm On Aug 09, 2008
guyz wats up wit all d beef , show's over. goodlookin winner. . . . . . . .so wat? shammy show? . . . . . . .well its over now and the winner is probablty wonderin wat he'll do wid all d money and stuff. . . . . .lets be supportive meanwhile bob manuel be damned and i'm happy Frank didnt win the guy was just 2 phony not 2 mention hysterical
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Omima(m): 10:59pm On Aug 09, 2008
This year's episode is nothing but a big sham.Bob,the anchor man, did not help matters as his handling of proceedings at the jungle was shoddy and unprofessional.I also think that the winner was pre-determined.I suggest that subsequent episodes should be called Gulder Ultimate pick{instead of search}.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Omima(m): 11:06pm On Aug 09, 2008
This year's episode is nothing but a big sham.Bob,the anchor man, did not help matters as his handling of proceedings at the jungle was shoddy and unprofessional.I also think that the winner was pre-determined.I suggest that subsequent episodes should be called Gulder Ultimate pick{instead of search}.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Joseph6(m): 11:17pm On Aug 09, 2008
who didnt know bob wld ruin the show?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Nobody: 11:36pm On Aug 09, 2008
@poster
i feel its a stage managed show tending more towards being fixed.but all the same i wouldnt blame the organisers cos they are out to make money as they entertain the audience.and as its often said he who pays the piper dictates the tune.imagine someone like vaughn which was disliked by most audience winning in place of lucan which of course looked more model-like to suite their(audience) taste.infact people would dislike the programme thereafter if such happened.
note in todays entertainment industry beauty and poise play a most important role.but if u dont got it u gats av somthng extra special to shine.
kapish wink
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by damola1: 12:34am On Aug 10, 2008
I thought I was the only one that had eyes.

Truly, there's no way frank could have won, he was short, and not well built, plus he spoke too often, and quite "religious", I doubt if those characteristics match up to basic requirement for Gulder's brand, that Frank guy might even outrightly protest he won't drink Gulder,

It's quite unfortunate, but truly, I feel it's a set up. I did enjoy the show.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by olamise(m): 3:04am On Aug 10, 2008
That stuff is unreal to the core. I learnt that there are 3 different pple from the same family in the last 20 sellected, of about 5000pple that applied(I am sure over a million pple will apply, i applied but nothing more after the application confirmation was sent). Despite that, 2 of the family members eventually made it to the camp, what an ultimate coincidence, in the guldder way ! ! !
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Mustay(m): 7:25am On Aug 10, 2008
olamise:

That stuff is unreal to the core. I learnt that there are 3 different people from the same family in the last 20 sellected, of about 5000pple that applied[b](I am sure over a million people will apply, i applied but nothing more after the application confirmation was sent)[/b]. Despite that, 2 of the family members eventually made it to the camp, what an ultimate coincidence, in the guldder way ! ! !

Simply put, you did not meet their criteria cool
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Chrisbenogor(m): 8:24am On Aug 10, 2008
@poster
All credit to you man I totally feel you. I stopped watching ever since the first show story of Nigeria the audience cannot even enjoy a good reality show thanks to our ever religious studious representatives we cannot have great reality shows like big bruva.
My advice if you need entertainment in naija stick with Nkem Owoh(Ukwa) or basket mouth even 'I go die' would have done better than that shammy Bob manuel who knows why chidi mokeme was pulled off the show maybe he could not stand the vile fact that it was being scripted.
Cheers again man!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by sisqology(m): 11:33am On Aug 10, 2008
Aghr, una wan dey tell me say ultimate seatrch no real be dat o
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by LARRYMcCOY(m): 12:12pm On Aug 10, 2008
I am very dissapionted in that so-called Bob Emmanuel every since he started been the anchor of the stupid show which we cannot of even caled reality show,all we just watched is for 45minute recording and they want us to believe that is not a drama show.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Aiyetunje: 12:56pm On Aug 10, 2008
@olamise

2 people from the same family didnt make it to the camp! Phina & her twin brothers made it to the last 40, then she & 1 of the boys made it to the last 18 while she eventually made the cut for the final 10!

Anyway some of us here might not mind being in the final 10 because each one of them will be leaving with some cash, least is 350k to some millions maybe 2million for the last guy & about the same amount for the last girl standing, and some FAME. It may be a launchpad for starting a Nollywood career for some. . .
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Nobody: 2:21pm On Aug 10, 2008
[b]I was really happy for Micheal cos he really impressed me during the show i mean character wise he was not like the proud ,cocky and silly JJ. Micheal is humble and cool and i wanted him to win. He respects women.I never wanted Frank to win cos he was too desperate. I didn't actually watch the concluding part and i was really elated to know my Micheal won. My sister drew my attention to the fact that Micheal must have been given some micro chips for him to have disovered the treasure so effortlessly like he did. I was skeptical about her observation cause i thought twas bad bele but this forum has really confirmed her allegation and i must say i am disspointed in the organisers of the show. I hope they realize that the show has claimed someone's life. It is not worth it o abeg if na like that dem they do make dem remember say God dey o. They should stop putting the lives of innocent youths at risk o. Frank for example put so much into the show and if micheal was fraudulently picked in his place then that is wickedness and may God purnish the organisers . I hate cheating in my life. I mean can't they organise a mr macho hunk finding pageant to pick their Mr gulder ultimate search. i mean its not fair on top wetin. shocked . and they should please stop wasting the time of the girls cos all the ladies can ever achieve is to be the last woman standing. At least the way Linda was evicted is a clear indication of that. angry[/b]
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by lexicon(m): 3:41pm On Aug 10, 2008
Mustay:

Simply put, you did not meet their criteria cool

@mustay

I'am begining 2 suspect u. It seems u r among the commitee that gave the winner the xpo because of 10% return. Its unfair !! cry cry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Toks2008(m): 4:13pm On Aug 10, 2008
Hmmm,

Could this be true?

If money was paid to register for the ultimate search listing,then i will not doubt the authenticity of tghe show but if it is solely financed by Gulder then i have every reson to believe there was indeed a great show of reality deciet.

But come to think of it, is mike that intelligent that he was so sure of the location of the treasure that he did not even bother to look around?

I smell a big rat.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Mustay(m): 5:35pm On Aug 10, 2008
lexicon:

@mustay

I'am begining 2 suspect u. It seems you're among the commitee that gave the winner the xpo because of 10% return. Its unfair !! cry cry

Which commitee?

they tell u say I be shareholder for NB PLC?

Commitee ko, come-in& theif ni grin grin
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Arcani: 5:43pm On Aug 10, 2008
Some times the show seems fake, other times real, but then on should not concluded that it completely fake!!!!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Mustay(m): 6:33pm On Aug 10, 2008
Yes o! As much as I lost interest after the first season, no one still has SOLID EVIDENCE to prove that the first season was not also stage-managed.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by rman: 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2008
Gulder Utimate Search is a packaged reality show. Which means most of the things that happens is pre-determined, including the winner. A close friend of mine was called last year and he did so well in the screening process, after been selected, the NBC officials came and removed him because they feel if he gets on the show he may not play along with the script.

All the winners are predetermined, only it is getting more and more boring every year.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by tomaagy(m): 6:53pm On Aug 10, 2008
the show had been suspect after the first one the show shifted from adventure to business and this year's own was worse especially wit Bob Manuel it was a washout only glad Micheal won, the other guy was over confident and that was his problem
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by xavier3(m): 8:29pm On Aug 10, 2008
the gulder ultimate show is stupid their aim is to make money, i heard that the entry form was 20k and 25000 people bought these forms when you calculate the money there are getting and then you deduct the prize money that each contestant is going to get and also the give away goodies and the suv cost, you will see that its all about the profit and not the brand promotion. everyone hears 7milla and suv and they think the company is insane for doing that not knowing that they are smart. next year the prize might be 9 0r 10 milla + suv
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Joseph6(m): 11:16pm On Aug 10, 2008
lol xavier the forms were free and were given by selection

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Tonto Dikeh Has A ‘weird’ Tattoo / Little Miss Jocelyn / how can I get An Old Tv Series (the Cosby Show)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.