Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:48 AM

Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? - TV/Movies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? (5292 Views)

Registration For Gulder Ultimate Search 10 Begins, Register Here / Gulder Ultimate Search 9 / Gulder Ultimate Search Season Eight Begins- Register Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by edetcnn(m): 11:32pm On Aug 10, 2008
Bob Manuel's Jerky and almost comical anchoring + 9 misled, questionable (some actually speak Oshodi english), but well compensated supporting actors + One lead actor (who will jump at the SUV and probably half of the advertised cash prize) = Gulder Ultimate Search Nonsense! wink
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by kosovo(m): 7:21am On Aug 11, 2008
its has always been ap piece of shit, just that people couldnt figure it out early enough.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by twinstaiye(m): 9:24am On Aug 11, 2008
I would have been tempted to believe they are acting a script, but, has any of the past participant came out to confirm any of this rumour, or were they under oath not to tell the public that they are acting a script?
In another development, there is no way in this world on how Michael can know the hidden lost chronicle was burried on the ground, and in a particular spot. Even if he felt it was burried, chances are he would have searched for many places, how come theonly place he foraged was where the treasure is hidden, he simply know before hand, i recorded the scene, and had watched it over and over again.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by dejiavu(m): 9:55am On Aug 11, 2008
Well, ppl have been complaning about this before, but this GUS 5 says it all. For me, all what I could says is that the winner acted on a written script.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by simplychic(f): 10:03am On Aug 11, 2008
@POSTER
They acted everything,period!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by oluwarinu: 11:12am On Aug 11, 2008
Its a shame for a lady to win the GUS. Its not good for the brand. How can you imagine a lady being the ultimate man or a short man to be called the ultimate man. Its not good for the brand. The organisers had this at the back of their mind before starting the show. I dont blame them o.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by emmydee(m): 11:35am On Aug 11, 2008
I suspected this same thing 2 years ago when Hector won. I posted my concern on Nairaland. I was so convinced that Hector had 'sometin' he got down from the rope, he never left that spot until he found it. while tope was off. Naturally, that's the way you would act if you didn't hear 'anything' You would just search, then move elswhere to search, just like what happened last week, am sure Mike heard 'something' that was why he could not leave that place. he was just rotating on that spot until he found it.

GUS is not REAL!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Mustay(m): 11:37am On Aug 11, 2008
I hate it when people base their conclusions on suspicions and gossips but not on FACTS!!! angry

Now, they are bringing the sex factor into it sad
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by emmydee(m): 11:39am On Aug 11, 2008
@Twinstaiye.

How can a winner who was assisted come out to tell the world that he was given an expo? Do u realize how much money that is involved? How could you even begin to reason that way. Am sure, while being tutored about the expo, he must have been warned to always seal his lips.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Mustay(m): 11:44am On Aug 11, 2008
emmydee:

How can a winner who was assisted come out to tell the world that he was given an expo? Do u realize how much money that is involved?

Ezugo complained about his contract with Gulder after the 1st edition in the media.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by emmydee(m): 11:48am On Aug 11, 2008
@Mustay.

Yap, Ezugo did not say anything concerning the expo thing. He was only concerned about the contract, remember.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by 9jaboi1(m): 11:58am On Aug 11, 2008
Personally, i have observed dt in GUS
1. the person who gets 2 the treasure spot first dosen't win
2. the person wt who looks strongest dosen't win
3. a girl always takes d 3rd position.

I thnk d have a particular trend, it's fake 2 me sha,
this last one was d fakest, d winner's emotion was 2 fake. I ain't feeling them no more. lipsrsealed
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Mustay(m): 12:13pm On Aug 11, 2008
emmydee:

@Mustay.

Yap, Ezugo did not say anything concerning the expo thing. He was only concerned about the contract, remember.

So what makes y'all think the 1st show was not also fake?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by ogagus: 12:22pm On Aug 11, 2008
You guys are trying, I can't stand the show after the first cycle, I stopped watching, geeze that stuff is wacked then Bob as the host, God hang me angry grin
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by madan(f): 12:34pm On Aug 11, 2008
The whole thing was really a sham, seeing how slow Michael was getting through to the place where their lost chronicle was. He was just too confident that he was going to win. Na wa o so the whole thing was a ready made show, I can't believe I have been deceived 

Anyway sha Michael deserves it because Frank was just too lousy and proud I never prayed for him to win  tongue
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by florishn(f): 1:45pm On Aug 11, 2008
am happy micheal won cos he is a cool guy although am just hearing 4 the first time that the gus is fake although to be sincere micheal did not really search b4 he found the lost chronicle like frank did . frank was seriously searching for it but did not find it
may be God directed the place to find the lost chronicle to micheal cos wen he was going he saw dat the ground was somehow so he used his leg with the searching bt frank was just going inside the bush for his own searching
although they av already directed them to where the searching is so l dont know while frank should keep going to the bush to do his own searching
am happy for linda cos she collected 2.5 million by the gus and governor of enugu state also gave her another 1m as the last gal standing
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by menix(m): 2:05pm On Aug 11, 2008
[center]GULDER ULTIMATE PICK[/center]
How come d winners just go straight to spot the d treasure.
Infact i would be bagged Honourable MUMUson to believe dat scam.
Wel dont blame dem afterall na model dem dey fine but dey should stop foolling us.
May those without brain to discern be given Brains,
Amen!!!!!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Mustay(m): 2:41pm On Aug 11, 2008
menix:

[center]GULDER ULTIMATE PICK[/center]
How come d winners just go straight to spot the d treasure.

'cos that's why they applied to be in the competition tongue
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by eminemkayc: 3:45pm On Aug 11, 2008
IV ALWAYS RETORTED SEVERALLY THAT THIS ULTIMATE SEARCH OF A THING IS NOT ONLY A SHAM BUT IT IS CRETINOUS PERSONIFIED grin grin grin WHY WOULD A RESPONSIBLE MULTINATIONAL THAT IS QUOTED IN THE STOCK MARKET, THROW CAUTION INTO LAGOS PORTHOLES AND INDULGE IN THIS GREEN ELEPHANT PROJECT CALLED ULTIMATE SEARCH!! I WOULDN'T RELENT IN EXCORIATING THE PARTAKERS OF THIS INSCRUTABLE ABSURDITY UNTIL THEY REDIRECT THEIR PATH AND THINK RIGHT!! 7MILLION NAIRA, FOR GOODNESS SAKE COULD BE USED TO INVEST IN THE EVER GROWING UNEMPLOYED POPULACE AND CREATE JOBS FOR THESE YOUTHS!! THIS WOULD IN TURN GO A LONG WAY TO CHECK MATE CRIME AND OTHER VICES AMONGST THEM!! A WORD, LITERAL BOOKS WOULD SAY, IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE!!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by ayobase(m): 4:44pm On Aug 11, 2008
maybe u need to buy the next year form
and make sure that u pray hard and do ur part so
as to be shortlisted among the ten finalists.
then we shall all know i sham by ur experiece.

It could be a sham and otherwise, More o sham.
What I could relly point out to in this last edition is that
Bob Manuel wasn`t in his originality!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by ayobase(m): 4:51pm On Aug 11, 2008
GUS is just synonymous to Who Wants to be a Millionaire.
They are just ways to amassing welath, cooperate extortion!!!
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by slyk2(m): 5:07pm On Aug 11, 2008
the best critic to a bad work is to produce a better one.
the field is open. go ahead and give us your version.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Seun(m): 5:09pm On Aug 11, 2008
sly-k:

the best critic to a bad work is to produce a better one.
the field is open. go ahead and give us your version.
Well, you're right. I think reality shows should be intellectually stimulating, like Who Wants To be A Millionaire.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Mustay(m): 5:37pm On Aug 11, 2008
. . . that's why the likes of Apprentice Africa and Intern are unique
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by tollu: 5:56pm On Aug 11, 2008
One major issue I have with GUS 5 is the type of book the lost chronicle finally turned out to be.

One would have thought a book from the year 3005 (abi wetin be the year again sef?) would look much different from the regular books we have now. What with the flying cars they showed in their animated srory, shouldn't books of that time be way different from what we have now? 
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Joseph6(m): 11:22pm On Aug 11, 2008
Mustay:

. . . that's why the likes of Apprentice Africa and Intern are unique
beliv me when i say these two also had their major set backs and they lack credibility just as the GUS in more ways than one
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by soloqy: 11:26pm On Aug 11, 2008
tollu:

One major issue I have with GUS 5 is the type of book the lost chronicle finally turned out to be.

One would have thought a book from the year 3005 (abi wetin be the year again sef?) would look much different from the regular books we have now. What with the flying cars they showed in their animated srory, shouldn't books of that time be way different from what we have now?

grin like electronic chips or something of that nature abi?
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by chikend(m): 11:56pm On Aug 11, 2008
y'all get a life. go win something lik uhm, coca cola recharge promo. it not by force to watch
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by tollu: 8:15am On Aug 12, 2008
soloqy:

grin like electronic chips or something of that nature abi?

Yes o or something yet unheard of. My expectations were high as per the book.
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by Mustay(m): 9:51am On Aug 12, 2008
Joseph6:

beliv me when i say these two also had their major set backs and they lack credibility just as the GUS in more ways than one

I understand. But it's a good way of branding your intellectualism grin grin
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by lwise(m): 10:40am On Aug 12, 2008
na God be judge angry
Re: Gulder Ultimate Search: A Sham? by lwise(m): 10:47am On Aug 12, 2008
grin.Hav u heard Micheal won the gulder ultimate drama grin
It would hav been an interesting one if frank edogho anchored the drama. sad
[/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][/color][color=#990000][color=#990000][/color]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Oct 1st 2020, Gotv Lite Changed To Gotv Smallie / Do You Know Where To Download Korean/japanese Series Free? / Game Of Thrones Season 2 Is Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.