Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) (23253 Views)

Share/Tsaragi clash: 4 feared killed,30 injured,50 houses burnt / Boko Haram: Many Feared Killed, Houses Burnt Down In Yobe / Boko Haram: 37 People Killed, 400 Houses Burnt In Borno Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by JustWahlay: 5:02pm On Jan 09, 2014
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by Ifedechidex: 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
All did reporters sef..., firstly, 9people died, secondly, 5 people died; thirdly, 15 people died... Naija la wa.... Rip 2 d deceased
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by Nobody: 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
ASHETORLA: why today.go mike they cannot stop you
Try to Hv a little sense of reasoning.... don't u see the name of d topic...
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by ugonna1054(m): 5:06pm On Jan 09, 2014
No wonder I received this message from sterling bank.
Dear Customer
Our Berger branch is currently not operating.Please use the nearest available branch until further notice. We regret any inconvenience. Thank you

Dear Customer,

Our Berger branch is currently inoperative. Kindly use Ibru Jetty branch for your transactions. We regret any inconvenience.

Thank you.

Lord have mercy..
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jan 09, 2014
ednut1: enuf of bad news abeg. dis country sucks
Den run to Pakistan, instead of you to be thanking God you were not a victim....
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by Horus(m): 5:11pm On Jan 09, 2014
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by delishpot: 5:18pm On Jan 09, 2014
Gabbysky: I really think the Julius Berger Fire Fighters Team should organise training programs for our Fed and State Fire Men... I learnt from some friends that but for JB's quick response, the destruction would have very well been 10 times what is was...No Jokes.
Again, Govt agencies must conduct physical inspections on all these articulated vehicles, be them tankers, container-loaders, lorries or Trucks, not just issuing them with certicicates without inspection.
The PPMC team too should set up an inspection team that must carry out physical and integrity inspections on the tankers before they are loaded.
OP the bank is Sterling and not Zenith, plz correct ur report.
RIP to the dead and May God help those who have lost properties to find succur.

My dear, true talk. Not only that sef they should fine heavily any cpmpany that its car or vehicle causes loss or damage to lives and property due to lack of mantainance and neglligence of its drivers that way, companies and individuals owning big trucks will sit up.
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by omosuji(m): 5:22pm On Jan 09, 2014
Na Wa o. RIP to the departed. Had a fully loaded tanker hit my vehicle on Ikorodu road on 30th December 2013. The driver was a ?22 Year old on his way to Suleja from Apapa. Imagine coming to Lagos to load from Suleja. No wonder we have so many tankers on Lagos road.
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by asam7(f): 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
This is painful
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by GentleFrank(m): 5:31pm On Jan 09, 2014
May they rest in peace ! What a pity !
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by kingthreat(m): 5:55pm On Jan 09, 2014
Why do Nigerians like gathering around at the scenes of disasters and do nothing? We should learn to give space for Emergency service personnel to carry out their duty effectively.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by sammirano: 5:58pm On Jan 09, 2014
Monumental fire outbreak...RIP
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by Delightbaby(f): 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
LORD pls have mercy on us and save ur children in dis beginning of the year. May d dead rest in peace
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by Polio: 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2014
Jheeeeze .... Tragic!
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by ketoprofen(m): 6:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
geeez: RIP to the dead

I sympathize with those who lost loved ones and property

Kudos to the Lagos State Emergency Services

Great job

Iti boribo.
The job was done by JB and Capital Oil.
Didn't u see the Lagos state fire service flopped?
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by Chamackh(m): 6:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
ketoprofen:

Iti boribo.
The job was done by JB and Capital Oil.
Didn't u see the Lagos state fire service flopped?
Heheheheheheheehhehehhehehehehehehe
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by ednut1(m): 9:47pm On Jan 09, 2014
youngprofdguru:
Den run to Pakistan, instead of you to be thanking God you were not a victim....
God shud hv saved f victims na
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by Godwin978(m): 9:49pm On Jan 09, 2014
d incedent occured about 10:30.PM an they quenched it 1:PM..........those dat ar burnt wil turn to ashes.....R

I

P
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by ProAnti: 9:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
geeez: RIP to the dead

I sympathize with those who lost loved ones and property

Kudos to the Lagos State Emergency Services

Great job

The director of the Lagos state fire service admitted yesternight on Channels TV that the three fire trucks they deployed to fight the fire had to go back two times to refill their tankers. According to him, the trucks were deployed from Ojo, Isolo and one other fire service base in Lagos. He also mentioned deploying 600 litres of chemical foam.

My questions

Does that mean that each of the fire service base has only one truck each?
If not, why did the trucks initially deployed have to go back TWO times to refill instead of deploying additional trucks?
Would the damages have been minimised, even marginally, if not for ill preparations and organisation on the part of the fire service?
Why deploy only 600L of chemical foam when it was clear that the raging fire was caused by 33,000 litres of highly inflammable petrol coupled with other combustible materials?

1 Like

Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by tattesco(m): 10:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
Rip to the deceased. Me and my family is covered with the blood of jesus. This year ijn.
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by emmabest2000(m): 4:08am On Jan 10, 2014
Dr_OBD: May the soul of the departed RIP
Amen
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by initialize(m): 4:16am On Jan 10, 2014
RIP to d Dead
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by Horus(m): 4:31am On Jan 10, 2014
the three fire trucks they deployed to fight the fire had to go back two times to refill their tankers.

This is unacceptable
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by juanmiguel: 4:41am On Jan 10, 2014
RIP to d dead, quick recovery to d injured. Tnk God it didn't happen during d day. God help us all!!!!.

2 Likes

Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by Uchpianoo(m): 7:18am On Jan 10, 2014
it is well.... God dey.
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by smajatt(m): 7:25am On Jan 10, 2014
when the greediness and unthoughtful thought of our leaders kills the poor masses.

Countries where they value the lives of their citizens,they don't transport petrol on major trunk A roads especially when its situated in living enviros,most of the bunkering and pipeline vandalism has the hands of the top cabals in the country,petrol should'nt be transported on the main road no matter how small. How leaders are the ones killing us little by little by not doing the right thing.

The Nigerian rail road service was killed back the by the northerners who strategically encourage the transportation of goods through the use of trailers and tankers just because of their selfish interest and the money they realise from insurance companys when most of these vehicles have accidents.

R.I.P to the dead..... May dea soul find favour in the in the sight of God.

1 Like

Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by DaBoss1500: 1:53pm On Jan 10, 2014
#OP# Point of correction, itz nt Zenith Bank it is Sterling Bank..
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by Smily202(m): 3:53pm On Jan 10, 2014
Bad news every where in 9ja......Wtf cry cry cry
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by jehi: 8:33pm On Jan 10, 2014
juanmiguel: RIP to d dead, quick recovery to d injured. Tnk God it didn't happen during d day. God help us all!!!!.
I really thank God it didn't happen during the day, the casualties would have been much.
Just thank God with me, because my hubby works in that branch. Casualties were more than 30 as at the day of the accident.

People even had the nerves to steal properties while the building was burning. Naija see our poverty mentality. May God deliver us and may the deceased rest in peace.
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by Delesilver: 12:35pm On Jun 27, 2014
mennnnnnn,dis is goddamn
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by revelationuche: 5:34pm On Jun 27, 2014
Re: Petrol Tanker Explodes In Lagos, Killing 15, Bank & Houses Burnt (VIDEO) by Acidosis(m): 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2014
Okay, have we made any arrest YET?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

FG Charges Saraki And Ekweremadu With Forgery / Photos From Swearing In Of Abdulrahman Abdulrazaq As Governor Of Kwara State / Insecurity: PDP Lawmakers Protest At US, UK Embassies In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.