Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:31 AM

Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet - Sports (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet (30281 Views)

Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? / Mourinho Tips Mikel To Captain Chealsea / Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Sylvarresta(m): 8:06pm On Jan 08, 2014
My vote 4 Mikel, who knws Dindinrin Drogba, am nt beggn 4 likes, but I won't mind if u give me some

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by busterr(m): 8:08pm On Jan 08, 2014
martyns303: In and out same day. Not spending a night in ur home country and catching up with home based fans huh?

he's got a tight schedule and can't avoid to miss a training session
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by safarigirl(f): 8:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
Nairaboi: like my post if u are team#yaya toure
eya, no likes, I guess leggo and heykims are yet to log in
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by ecolime(m): 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
Nairaboi: like my post if u are team#yaya toure
U go wait tire tongue

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by donvickk: 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
mikel al d wey. U dserve it u made nigerians proud of u. U made chelsea also 2 be. Gabagaba Obi.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by nerodenero: 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mikel would have gone back to Chelsea before these haters realizes or recover from the imminent shock that he had won.If winning trophies and playing a keyrole in a trophy-winning team cant guarantee an AFOY for Mikel,then I wonder what would.Yes,Yaya was fastastic,scored couples of goals at club level but was shambolic at AFCON where Mikel thrived.If Mikel doesn't win the award,it will be a disservice for his achievement and a great shock for Chelsea and Nigeria.Issa Hayato,be warned,we dont want francophone conspiracy!!!

3 Likes

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by cr7lomo: 8:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
As a Nigerian, I would want mikel to win but reality check says its yaya. Nigerians are not the only people voting. Yaya's performance in the EPL outsmashes mikel's. Mikel did not win MVP in the last AFCON neither was he Naijas best player. African footballer of the year is based on individual performance and not achievements . When el haj diof won it ahead of Sammy kuffor bk in 2002 b4 world cup , don't forget kuffour just won CL wit Munich and scored the goal that earned them super cup back then but still lost out because dioufs individual game play was outstanding . Yaya is the best individual player in Africa. I know if chelsea decides to replace mikel with yaya, na naija chelsea fans go celebrate pass. Ronaldo dint win anything last year but his being tipped to win ballon'dor . So Nigerians pls stop playin sentiments. Yaya is the best in Africa . The only African nominated in fifas top 30 players in the world, and FIFA supersides CAF, so that alone should settle it

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Deiok(m): 8:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
What if he doesnt win it
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
safarigirl: eya, no likes, I guess leggo and heykims are yet to log in
Yes, you are right. Who knows if they are set to commit sucide if mikel finally wins it grin grin
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Akpan107(m): 8:19pm On Jan 08, 2014
busterr: Super Eagles and Chelsea FC midfielder, John Mikel Obi, will be specially flown into Lagos for the African Player of the award ceremony in a jet provided by his English Premier League side.
Mikel who is the favourite to clinch the award is nominated for the prestigious award alongside Ivoirian duo of Yaya Toure and Didier Drogba.
He told M TNFootball.com he plans to fly in and out of Lagos for the ceremony in his club’s jet on Thursday.
“I am coming for the CAF awards, I will be flown in and out of Nigeria by the Chelsea jet. I will arrive on the awards day and return immediately after,” Mikel told M TNFootball.com

go Mikel nairalanders love you!

Do you tip Mikel to win the award?
God bless you Mikel, we love you very much.
Please, i abeg u, make u no join Ilimunati o! Because they only need briliant and succesful people like you. Go! Mikel, the Lord is your Strength.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Negation: 8:20pm On Jan 08, 2014
Let's ask 2face who he'd give it to...
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Nobody: 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
cr7lomo.:
As a Nigerian, I would want mikel to win but reality check says its yaya. Nigerians are not the only people voting. Yaya's performance in the EPL outsmashes mikel's. Mikel did not win MVP in the last AFCON neither was he Naijas best player. African footballer of the year is based on individual performance and not achievements . When el haj diof won it ahead of Sammy kuffor bk in 2002 b4 world cup , don't forget kuffour just won CL wit Munich and scored the goal that earned them super cup back then but still lost out because dioufs individual game play was outstanding . Yaya is the best individual player in Africa. I know if chelsea decides to replace mikel with yaya, na naija chelsea fans go celebrate pass. Ronaldo dint win anything last year but his being tipped to win ballon'dor . So Nigerians pls stop playin sentiments. Yaya is the best in Africa . The only African nominated in fifas top 30 players in the world, and FIFA supersides CAF, so that alone should settle it
. What made Jay Jay Okocha not to win the afoy back then. Go and create your own site, where you can be feeding your members with your wrong news and stories. NOT ON THIS SITE grin grin grin grin
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Quadrescent: 8:27pm On Jan 08, 2014
Even if u no wan comment, u would be force to comment becos of some funny comments.

Let Mikel too taste am nw, afterall, Yaya toure had tasted it b4.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 08, 2014
Akpan107: God bless you Mikel, we love you very much.
Please, i abeg u, make u no join Ilimunati o! Because they only need briliant and succesful people like you. Go! Mikel, the Lord is your Strength.
. He will not join. Don't border. but, i don't trust victor moses sha
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by IamAthens(m): 8:33pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mikel for the award. Open the link below to see some good news.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Nick4u: 8:36pm On Jan 08, 2014
Snr man,Mikel Obi smooth sailin,ur d Afican best.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by MRL1MPoPoTM: 8:37pm On Jan 08, 2014
the end justifies the means.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by MRL1MPoPoTM: 8:40pm On Jan 08, 2014
chelsea's jet wn't win the coveted award 4 him, it's his hardwork and he did little or nothin last season.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by MRL1MPoPoTM: 8:43pm On Jan 08, 2014
well it is a well known maxim that pride goes before a fall. jet ko rocket ni
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by solomon111(m): 8:45pm On Jan 08, 2014
It's only in Nigeria you see people hating on their fellow citizens that you begin to wonder.
The hate is almost withcraft-like.
Why wasn't african football brought into disrepute when okocha was robbed?
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by vicmela(m): 8:45pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mikel go there and make us happy by winning the award. Good luck dear
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by scholes23(m): 8:46pm On Jan 08, 2014
Senior Man Na Senior Man. I see no reason some people can't be patriotic 4 once I can bet that if Yaya didn't even play up to expectation, Ivorians over there will give him full support good or bad but we have so many bad belle here Though I'm not a chelsea fan but I'm strongly behind him for this award. And 4 all those against Mikel winning the award, make sure u stay close to the nearest transformer for kissing and hugging once Mikel is declared winner. Abegi Mikel all the way

Pls my fellow NIGERIANS join me as I chant

OBI KERERENKE!!!!!!!
OBI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#teamMIKEL

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by MRL1MPoPoTM: 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2014
teamYT
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by OCTAVO: 8:48pm On Jan 08, 2014
That's good for him.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by safarigirl(f): 8:53pm On Jan 08, 2014
«—M®×L¹MPºPº ™:
well it is a well known maxim that pride goes before a fall. jet ko rocket ni
«—M®×L¹MPºPº ™:
the end justifies the means.
hahaha, the haters are slowly arriving

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by bastien: 8:56pm On Jan 08, 2014
Pix or didn't happen

#TeamYaya
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Jarus(m): 8:58pm On Jan 08, 2014
ecolime:
Hmmm... "He will not"?? sad You sound so sure about that. I really hope you get proved wrong undecided

I pray I'm proved wrong too. Unfortunately, Nigeria has only 2 votes (Yobo and Keshi). That is where sympathy and patriotism end.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Jarus(m): 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2014
solomon111: It's only in Nigeria you see people hating on their fellow citizens that you begin to wonder.
The hate is almost withcraft-like.
Why wasn't african football brought into disrepute when okocha was robbed?
Okocha was not robbed. Eto'o outdid him in all the years they competed. So was Mustapha Hadji in 1998.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by uche77zero(m): 9:00pm On Jan 08, 2014
in my place before you sell a goat
you feed it with water to fatten it
so that you will get more money
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by maafen: 9:04pm On Jan 08, 2014
They just want †☹ be sure he comes back immediately ãпԃ doesn't go flexing. Nothing special about that.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by igweyundas(m): 9:14pm On Jan 08, 2014
So happy for d Lord's doing. John Obi Mikel all d way.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Badosqi(m): 9:16pm On Jan 08, 2014
Nigeria will win up to for awards tomorrow....
The other categories are as following:
National Team of the Year
Burkina Faso
Ethiopia
Nigeria
Youth National team of the Year
Nigeria U 17
Club of the Year
Al Ahly
CS Sfaxien
Orlando Pirates
Fair Play Award
Nigerian Supporter
Coach of the Year
Manu Garba
Stephen Keshi
Paul Put
Most Promising Talent
Ebenezer Assifuah
Saleh Gomaa
Kelechi Iheanacho
Referee Award
Alioum Neant
Haimoudi Djamel
Papa Bakary Gassama
Legend Award
Bruno Metsu
Mehdi Faria

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr / Amaju Pinnick Set To Resign: Reveals Why He Will Step Down As NFF President / Juventus Troll Barcelona Over GOAT Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.