Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,095 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet (30282 Views)

Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? / Mourinho Tips Mikel To Captain Chealsea / Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by king100(m): 11:11pm On Jan 08, 2014
petitedick: I feel so honored to be the first comment. All of my hardwork
and dedication has paid off. Getting the top comment has been
a dream of mine for many years, and i would like to thank those
who have helped me along the way. First and foremost i would
like to thank god for giving me this opportunity, my parents words cannot express their thanks, I also want to thank my network provider etisalat for not disappointing at that very moment, I thank my colleague miss Margaret for all her support and finally every nairalanders for keeping this quest alive. thank you all
Please! Is there any reward for being the first person to comment any issue? I will like to know.

back to the topic, drumming all my support for Africas finest footballer in my very time....#teammikel all the way
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Swiftboy(m): 11:13pm On Jan 08, 2014
Lets go! Up Nigeria!up super Eagles! Up Chelsea! Up Blues! Up Mikel! grin
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by cr7lomo: 11:15pm On Jan 08, 2014
KingMEXX: No, yu should do the shutting up. Before the arrival of Fernandinho, Yaya was a DM just like Mikel and he was more prolific than Mikel. For crying out loud, Mikel ain't even popular in London, England when compared to Yaya. If yu were online on Twitter when Chelsea played Arsenal, yu would have seen the insults heaped on him for playing clumsily especially the tackle he made on Arteta. Last season UCl was the worst, the dude kept giving the ball away to the opposition and it cost us at some point. I read an article written by one Brit Tabloid and the author described Mikel as one of the worst Central Midfielders in England. Listen to commentaries and yu would hear the same. Yu obviously don't watch football to have quoted me only to write this trash. Don't get me started with yu angry

No commentator or soccer analyst in the whole of uk and Europe that will agree that mikel is better than yaya. Mikel can't even command a 1st team shirt. Our problem in Nigeria is that sentiment, tribe and unwarranted patriotism has covered our thoughts to make the correct decisions . As a Nigerian, we want mikel to win but truthfully is he the best in Africa?
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Nobody: 11:17pm On Jan 08, 2014
safarigirl: I won't say anything concerning Mikel's first team shirt cuz that matter has been overflogged already.

Mikel has been fortunate enough to win trophies? Bro, winning a trophy takes more than fortune, it takes team work and spirit. It requires a player to do all he possibly can to futher the cause of his team, it's not about amassing goals my dear. Our 2009 U-17 team lost the gold medal because they were more interested in scoring goals and winning the golden boot than they were in working for the team.

It's not enough to just bang in meaningless goals, some say CR7 didn't win any trophies and so doesn't deserve the WPOTY if we're basing it on trophies won, but they forget that CR7 was more or less solely responsible for Portugal's World Cup qualification, hence, he gave his all to further the cause of his team- unfortunately, this ss something no CIV player will ever learn and this is why their golden generation is useless
Yu seem knowledgeable in football but your patriotism overshadows your sense of judgement. I really believe that the progress of this our little discussion must centre on Work rate. If Mikel was that all powerful and complete player, why doesn't he start often just like Yaya does for City? At present, Ramires is favoured over Mikel, even Lampard. That Mikel got a full 90mins playing time in the Fa cup was because Lamps was injured and Mou wanted to rest some key players and so Rami had to play Hazards wing. Another question, Why was Luiz which we know is a master of errors chosen over Mikel in same position against Liverpool?? Mikel is just a utility to Chelsea and is only used when Chelsea have a good lead and need to add extra backing to the defence. On the National level, Mikel feels like a boss but we all know there are better players than him in the team. Emenike is one, even Shola Ameobi was better than Mikel in our friendly with Italy. Mikel is good but there isn't any spectacular thing about his style of play, no fireworks. he is just an average player. Why didn't Mikel win the BBC African player of the year if he was so good? Has Mikel ever won Man of the Match in Any Chelsea match?? A lot of questions I would need yu to answer
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by safarigirl(f): 11:22pm On Jan 08, 2014
KingMEXX: Yu seem knowledgeable in football but your patriotism overshadows your sense of judgement. I really believe that the progress of this our little discussion must centre on Work rate. If Mikel was that all powerful and complete player, why doesn't he start often just like Yaya does for City? At present, Ramires is favoured over Mikel, even Lampard. That Mikel got a full 90mins playing time in the Fa cup was because Lamps was injured and Mou wanted to rest some key players and so Rami had to play Hazards wing. Another question, Why was Luiz which we know is a master of errors chosen over Mikel in same position against Liverpool?? Mikel is just a utility to Chelsea and is only used when Chelsea have a good lead and need to add extra backing to the defence. On the National level, Mikel feels like a boss but we all know there are better players than him in the team. Emenike is one, even Shola Ameobi was better than Mikel in our friendly with Italy. Mikel is good but there isn't any spectacular thing about his style of play, no fireworks. he is just an average player. Why didn't Mikel win the BBC African player of the year if he was so good? Has Mikel ever won Man of the Match in Any Chelsea match?? A lot of questions I would need yu to answer
like I said, I won't dabble into the first team shirt issue because it seems like you're the only one on NL the past week who still hasn't heard that NOBODY HAS A STARTING SHIRT IN CHELSEA except Cech.

And I don't think you guys understand what we mean.

Who is Africa's best player? Yaya Toure. Who was Africa's best player IN 2013? Mikel obi. Daz all
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by striker9(m): 11:23pm On Jan 08, 2014
If you support Mikel,you are being sentimental and bias,na wa o.I just dey observe for now sha.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by olumidazz: 11:43pm On Jan 08, 2014
Mikel I told you your turn will come
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Akiika: 11:43pm On Jan 08, 2014
I don't know how Mikel can win it over Toure (based on performance and contribution to both club and country)?
I'll be surprised if he did.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jan 08, 2014
safarigirl: like I said, I won't dabble into the first team shirt issue because it seems like you're the only one on NL the past week who still hasn't heard that NOBODY HAS A STARTING SHIRT IN CHELSEA except Cech.

And I don't think you guys understand what we mean.

Who is Africa's best player? Yaya Toure. Who was Africa's best player IN 2013? Mikel obi. Daz all
Sharp girl. Yu choose to answer what yu want and neglect the other ones yu cannot. Anyway its pointless arguing, on that day we would see who will win it. A part of me, the patriotic part wants Mikel to win but the other part of me feels Yaya should deservedly win. He has worked hard for it.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Nobody: 12:00am On Jan 09, 2014
I feel so honored to be the first comment. All of my hardwork
and dedication has paid off. Getting the top comment has been
a dream of mine for many years, and i would like to thank those
who have helped me along the way. First and foremost i would
like to thank god for giving me this opportunity, my parents words cannot express their thanks, I also want to thank my network provider etisalat for not disappointing at that very moment, I thank my colleague miss Margaret for all her support and finally every nairalanders for keeping this quest alive. thank you all

back to the topic, drumming all my support for Africas finest footballer in my very time....#teammikel all the way
dude is mad. Dnt worry...i got ur medicine.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Sike(m): 12:02am On Jan 09, 2014
Congratulation to Mikel already cuz he's a Winner.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by ibro2hot(m): 12:09am On Jan 09, 2014
Mikel has always been my favourite chelsea player. .Mikel carry go. .we are behind
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by 4reigningqueen: 12:26am On Jan 09, 2014
KingMEXX: Sharp girl. Yu choose to answer what yu want and neglect the other ones yu cannot. Anyway its pointless arguing, on that day we would see who will win it. A part of me, the patriotic part wants Mikel to win but the other part of me feels Yaya should deservedly win. He has worked hard for it.

Football is not all about being rugged and running from post to post. Mmikel is a very intelligent player and a good match reader according to J.M. He admitted that he is not fast but he knows ao to keep the fastest player at bay. He may not be as flamboyant as yaya but his silent work on the pitch is appreciated by those who trully know his value. Think of the influence of one man on the pitch determining the pace of a match played by 22 players. That can onlu be Mikel. You mentioned earlier that he was benched during the liverpool match, get your facts right, he had a flu but had to be used after lampard got injured.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by MATUREZEE: 12:59am On Jan 09, 2014
God pls may u see him through in this GLO CAF's Award for the African Best.
Pls Lord give him this crown, this we ask O Lord and believ it shall come to pass. Bless him
John Mikel Obi -Amen

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Equado(m): 1:09am On Jan 09, 2014
Even though yaya toure is obviously better ...m gonna be patriotic and support my fellow Nigerian grin#team Mikel
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by adconline(m): 3:09am On Jan 09, 2014
Good luck to Mikel but Yaya Toure is likely going to win.

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Nobody: 4:15am On Jan 09, 2014
2013 Glo CAF Award: Analysts
favour Mikel
on january 08, 2014 at 1:00 am in sports
With 24 hours to the next Glo CAf Awards,
football analysts have been making different
permutations with clear-cut justifications on
who deserves to wear the crown of African
Player of the Year for 2013.
Majority of the opinions however favour
Nigerian International and Chelsea Midfielder,
John Mikel Obi to win the Award.
The top three nominees for the 2013 Glo CAF
Footballer of the year Award was announced
last week by Africa’s highest football
authority, the Confederation of African
Football (CAF).
The top three lists released includes
Nigeria’s Mikel Obi, Cote D’Ivoire’s Yaya
Toure and his country mate, Didier Drogba of
Galasaray.
Drogba plies his trade with Turkish Club,
Galatasaray while, Toure, the defending
champion plays for Manchester City. Mikel
Obi is a regular feature for Chelsea FC of
London.
According to Mohammed Aderibigbe of
Precise Sports, Mikel Obi holds the ace
having won the African Cup of Nations with
the Super Eagles and Europa Cup with
Chlesea FC of London.
The same view was corroborated by Sam
Smith of Sports Degrees who opined that
Mikel deserves the Award due to his exploits
with Chelsea FC and the Super Eagles,
adding that if Mikel succeeds, Nigeria will be
returning to the list of countries producing
Glo Caf Award winners since 1999 when
Kanu Nwankwo won the Award.
Chris Abraham, a sports pundit however
differs in opinion. He is tipping Yahaya Toure
for the Award. According to him “Yaya will
nick it again, he is the leading contender and
the fact that he recently won the BBC African
Player of the Year makes him a clear
favourite”.
However Sports 24, an on-line Sports Outfit
also tipped Mikel Obi outrightly. “ The award
goes to Mikel, a regular in Chelsea line up,
European? Champions League winner,
Europa Cup winner and African Cup of
Nations Champion, what else? ”
Who wears the crown? All roads lead to the
Convention Centre, Eko Hotel and Suites,
Lagos on 9th January, 2014 where the king
will be crowned.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Nobody: 4:17am On Jan 09, 2014
some nigerians are witch
if am mikel after reading some bad belle comments here i will start to play like yakubu
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by vision2050: 5:44am On Jan 09, 2014
In my dream Yaya won it, Lagos agbero protest, yaya willing give the award to Mikel because he refuse to be lynch by dos mob.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Smooyis(m): 6:23am On Jan 09, 2014
That award belongs to Mikel Nigeriaaaaaaa. Congrats in advance!
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by dxavier: 6:31am On Jan 09, 2014
Mikel has been consistent for chelsea, on d African stage, won d AFCON, played in d confederations cup.he should win
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by dxavier: 6:34am On Jan 09, 2014
@presher, okocha won d shit bbc stuff twice and never was africas best so it doesnt make him a favorite
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by emmadan(m): 7:08am On Jan 09, 2014
i really want mikel to win that award,but its likely yaya is going to win it again.But if by mistake mikel wins this award,you will get to see the beast in mikel afterwards.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Blaqsmith(m): 7:09am On Jan 09, 2014
mosho2good: mikel is not going to win it.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by zizky(m): 7:20am On Jan 09, 2014
Mikel Obi- The most decorated African footballer since 2012
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by daviesmania(m): 7:41am On Jan 09, 2014
Mikel won all de trophies in 2013, Yaya toure played wey better than him in 2013, looks like the case of Wesley sneijder & Lionel Messi in 2010. Who really deserve the award! Is it the STAR performer or someone that is fortunate to be in de team that eventually wins? Pls judge well.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Nobody: 7:43am On Jan 09, 2014
We are talking about 2013 here. Not this year. Mikel was the best in 2013. And we are also taking about CAF football of the year. Not English Premier League footballer of the year. Jose Mourinho rotates the squad, even if messi nd cr7 come to chelsea, they will be bench warmer for some time. World Class players like Mata,luiz,cole etc are MORE Bench Warmers than mikel. So stop replin rubbish when you don't watch football matches. You only watch goals on Highlight. that is why u ar sopportin yaya toure. I may not sopport mikel in winning in 2014. But, Enyeama on my mind grin

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by ignis: 7:45am On Jan 09, 2014
Mikel all the way.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Lousymouth(m): 7:49am On Jan 09, 2014
He will be flown with private jet to come and watch Yaya Toure collect the award.... If Mikel wins the award, then African football is Worthless (Don't get me wrong..He is a fantastic player but not in the class of Yaya)....
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by yormite: 7:54am On Jan 09, 2014
If u dont want mikel to win d award u better drink Acid now before u hear and d winner is John mikel obi of Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by yormite: 7:56am On Jan 09, 2014
Lousymouth: He will be flown with private jet to come and watch Yaya Toure collect the award.... If Mikel wins the award, then African football is Worthless (Don't get me wrong..He is a fantastic player but not in the class of Yaya)....
u better drink Acid and die now before he wins d award either u lyk it or not
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by ceejay675(m): 7:58am On Jan 09, 2014
u guys dmnt even know hw dis tins works. an insider hv already told him he wil win d award Daz y he's cumin. yaya won't come cos he knws he won't win. as for 2013 yaya was very much beta Dan mikel but with no end product(trophy), mikel won trophies even outclass him in AFcon. so mikel deserve d award buh he's not d best. it was not a coincidence that d award wil b given in Lagos.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua VS Joseph Parker: World Heavyweight Boxing Unification Match / Amaju Pinnick Set To Resign: Reveals Why He Will Step Down As NFF President / Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.