Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,922 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet (30280 Views)

Mikel Shines: Do You Think Mourinho Would Have Allowed Mikel To Play UCL? / Mourinho Tips Mikel To Captain Chealsea / Mikel To Stay On At Chelsea To Bag British Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by sheunpompey1: 8:11am On Jan 09, 2014
From my own perspective, we are talking about 2013 African Best Player... Mikel is surely better than Yaya this year... In terms of starting line up in Chelsea, no player is indispensable @ Chelsea... Mikel has really improved over the years,
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by busterr(m): 8:20am On Jan 09, 2014
Lousymouth: He will be flown with private jet to come and watch Yaya Toure collect the award.... If Mikel wins the award, then African football is Worthless (Don't get me wrong..He is a fantastic player but not in the class of Yaya)....

so says the lousy mouthed man with a lousy brain, you're welcome.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by omar22(m): 8:40am On Jan 09, 2014
safarigirl: I won't say anything concerning Mikel's first team shirt cuz that matter has been overflogged already.

Mikel has been fortunate enough to win trophies? Bro, winning a trophy takes more than fortune, it takes team work and spirit. It requires a player to do all he possibly can to futher the cause of his team, it's not about amassing goals my dear. Our 2009 U-17 team lost the gold medal because they were more interested in scoring goals and winning the golden boot than they were in working for the team.

It's not enough to just bang in meaningless goals, some say CR7 didn't win any trophies and so doesn't deserve the WPOTY if we're basing it on trophies won, but they forget that CR7 was more or less solely responsible for Portugal's World Cup qualification, hence, he gave his all to further the cause of his team- unfortunately, this ss something no CIV player will ever learn and this is why their golden generation is useless

If you do your research you will know that Yaya Toure is the second top scorer in Africa for CIV qualification for this years world cup. Look if Mikel's wins it he wins it, but when you make a valid case for one person and failed to see that the same applies for the other shows your level of sentiment.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by safarigirl(f): 8:55am On Jan 09, 2014
omar22:

If you do your research you will know that Yaya Toure is the second top scorer in Africa for CIV qualification for this years world cup. Look if Mikel's wins it he wins it, but when you make a valid case for one person and failed to see that the same applies for the other shows your level of sentiment.
2013 was an AFCON year, Yaya may have done great for CIV in WC qualification, but he couldn't make an impact on Africa's biggest stage and that alone counts against him
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by omar22(m): 9:34am On Jan 09, 2014
safarigirl: 2013 was an AFCON year, Yaya may have done great for CIV in WC qualification, but he couldn't make an impact on Africa's biggest stage and that alone counts against him

So how did Adebayor win the award in 2008, The last time I checked only Patrick Mboma (Cam) who played in a nations cup winning team won the award in 2000.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by wozthere: 9:36am On Jan 09, 2014
He kinda deserve deservs it
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 09, 2014
jackpot: If you believe Mikel will win the prestigious APOTY award, hit LIKE!!! wink
No like yet? Eiya. . Sorry sad
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by ceejay4real(m): 9:51am On Jan 09, 2014
No Nigerian has won it since 1999, so Mikel shd just win it! I dnt care if Yaya Toure devours a Lion on d pitch wt his bare hands like d Biblical Samson! Mikel all d way!!!!
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by odomanis: 9:54am On Jan 09, 2014
crisycent: It will be outrageous if Yaya Toure doesn't win. Yaya has been the most consistent african player, his pure strength makes you forget he's not a striker, his free kicks are just mind blowing. Yaya all the way....let's not be sentimental about it.

We kow that Yaya is a good player. But the award under review is for performance in the year 2013. Between MIKEL and YAYA in 2013 it is too obvious that MIKEL did better with the results to show for it. Yaya didnt win anything in 2013 but MIKEL won not just one. In the match between CIV and Nigeria at the nations cup,Yaya was reduced to just an ordinary player while Mikel was a shining star and at the end,Mikel carried the day. You may wish to watch that match again to satisfy your conscience that Mikel did better one on one in 2013.

If Mikel does not win then, something must be wrong with the award. NOTE: We are talking of 2013 performance,results and achievements.

2 Likes

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by abacusCm(m): 10:13am On Jan 09, 2014
Is it bcs Yaya used to score goals that is why he deserves the award?but we should all knw that Mikel is neither a striker nor attacking midfielder.After Derby vs Chelsea match on sunday,Mourinho was interviewed , he said and i qoute "‘I never recognise his ability to score goals!’

‘I recognise his ability to play as an anchorman, to play that position in a very comfortable way, with no mistakes. He reads the game well, plays in an intelligent and safe way, but I never recognise his goalscoring appetite".Scoring goals is not what make a player be the best or among best.That is even the mistake that FIFA also continue to make by nominating strikers or wingers as world best every season,no wonder it is very difficult for defender or goal keeper to win world best.
To cut my bla bla short,John Mikel Obi deserves the award.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by shadelek(m): 10:17am On Jan 09, 2014
Abeg when is the time for the ceremony
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by francdec4(m): 11:06am On Jan 09, 2014
I feel so honored to be the first comment. All of my hardwork
and dedication has paid off. Getting the top comment has been
a dream of mine for many years, and i would like to thank those
who have helped me along the way. First and foremost i would
like to thank god for giving me this opportunity, my parents words cannot express their thanks, I also want to thank my network provider etisalat for not disappointing at that very moment, I thank my colleague miss Margaret for all her support and finally every nairalanders for keeping this quest alive. thank you all

back to the topic, drumming all my support for Africas finest footballer in my very time....#teammikel all the way

Nawa oo see appreciation/acknowledgement like say someone wrote a best selling book. Actually this is just one of many of its kind am seeing lately in Nairaland.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by bastien: 11:16am On Jan 09, 2014
Na today sha

If mikel win am,400mtn 4 una(just drop ur num)

TeamYaya
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by treasuremi1(m): 11:34am On Jan 09, 2014
caf already knows who wins this award (bringing it to lagos is a clue)n i doubt if yaya is comin here tonite. It's all yours Obi.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Princek12(m): 12:38pm On Jan 09, 2014
crisycent: It will be outrageous if Yaya Toure doesn't win. Yaya has been the most consistent african player, his pure strength makes you forget he's not a striker, his free kicks are just mind blowing. Yaya all the way....let's not be sentimental about it.

Yaya ko, Yarinya ni.

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Nobody: 5:48pm On Jan 09, 2014
Mikel all the way !

Congratulation in Advance man
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2014
@ busterr. Modify the thread's title to 'Mikel Lands In Lagos Via Chelsea's Jet' he most be at d venue right now. So change ur title
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by davades(m): 6:13pm On Jan 09, 2014
What time was the award #APOTY
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by paragwua: 7:21pm On Jan 09, 2014
is like guys are being paid for geting like....please i need money ooo...hit me like for charity sake...help the needy..just a like can save a life tonight.....god is watching
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by busterr(m): 7:53pm On Jan 09, 2014
blueto: @ busterr. Modify the thread's title to 'Mikel Lands In Lagos Via Chelsea's Jet' he most be at d venue right now. So change ur title

would have done that, but it'll affect the topic's content. smiley
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by leggo: 8:05pm On Jan 09, 2014
YAYA is the best player in Africa no debate.
when he is crowned some people will return into the wild , sorry safari, to continue their moaning like wolves.
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by paradisewoods: 9:10pm On Jan 09, 2014
bastien: Na today sha

If mikel win am,400mtn 4 una(just drop ur num)

TeamYaya

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by dradoyi(m): 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2014
Hope that Chelsea plane is still there to take Mike back to Stamford Bridge. .let him continue his defensive back passing stunts.

1 Like

Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by ganex: 11:26pm On Jan 09, 2014
my heart goes to chelsea fans who think caf best player is determine by them cos of mikel or bring the event to lagos and award to be presented by Gov Fashola and co...
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Nobody: 8:09am On Jan 10, 2014
busterr:

i'll reply this when Mikel wins and i see you anywhere near the jubiliation party, infact i'll use the deadliest bouncers to bounce you out. You remember 2face story abi??

Where are those bouncers? embarassed I need to see them. embarassed
Oh bouncers, where are you guys? I need those bouncers the way schools need lecturers. embarassed
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Marcelinho(m): 9:37am On Jan 10, 2014
martyns303: In and out same day. Not spending a night in ur home country and catching up with home based fans huh?
spend night ke catch fun ko, don't u know that he has a match against Hull City on Saturday early kick off?
Re: Mikel To Be Flown To GLO/CAF Awards In Chelsea Jet by Berylpharm(m): 1:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
laffffff mikel ko mikel ni

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ebuehi, Other Players Unhappy With Rohr / Amaju Pinnick Set To Resign: Reveals Why He Will Step Down As NFF President / Juventus Troll Barcelona Over GOAT Tweet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.