Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,328 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

"Seekers" Episode One Title- ( Wait Am Lost) By Abby - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / "Seekers" Episode One Title- ( Wait Am Lost) By Abby (638 Views)

The Secondary School Boys. Episode One / Seekers Part2 By Abby (a New Life) / Seekers Epilogue By Abby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"Seekers" Episode One Title- ( Wait Am Lost) By Abby by Josh1000: 9:24pm On Jan 08, 2014
It took great effort to finally open her eyes. Her vision was blurred as different images clashed. Through her mental haze, she locked onto a tall man in a white lab coat probably in his forties. He held a writing pad as he conversed with some nurses who seemed to be taking notes. She tried to sit up and two of the nurses immediately rushed to prop her up. Her head ached badly. The man in the white coat seemed a little shocked to see her sit up and he came over to her bed and checked her pulse.

“Welcome back Areya.” He said with a gentle smile detaching the stethoscope from his ear.

Welcome back from what? She thought as he started a physical examination on her. “I’m Dr. Charles and I’ve been the doctor in charge of your case.” She could only nod as the words didn’t make any effort to come out. She scanned the room for familiar faces, still disoriented. A woman sat on the couch just by the window, her hands on her chin looking rather lugubrious. A lady and a guy stood with their backs turned to her, talking in hushed tones. She was in a hospital no doubt. Who were these people? What was she doing here?

“I must say you are a very lucky girl Miss Philip, most people don’t come back from these types of accidents.” The doctor said. Accident? What accident? She was in an accident… when, after college? She tried to remember but random images collided in her mind in a wreck that could not be construed as an explanation: Preparing for her professional exams, taking pictures with patty, Sita’s birthday party...Sita! Where was Sita?

“I suggest you relax Areya, you don’t have to stress yourself any further, and whatever explanations you seek would be made available to you soonest.” The doctor said perhaps sensing her hazy state. Something blue flashed in her face. She turned her head; it was a blue ring on his index finger. Something about the ring bothered her but she couldn’t explain why. Just then the door opened and a lady burst in. she had jet black hair and hazel eyes. Her jaw was firm and well chiseled. Reya didn’t need to look twice, she knew who she was. Sita hugged her best friend tightly and heaved a sigh of relief. “I came as soon as I heard you were awake. Girl am I glad you are alright. You got me soooo worried! Thank you, thank you, and thank you for not dying on me.” Sita said visibly relieved.

“What happened? How long have I been here?” Reya finally spoke glad to see a familiar face.

“Six weeks.” Her best friend replied.

“Six weeks? I was in a coma for six weeks? He said I was in an accident, what accident? How did it happen? When did it happen?” She bombarded Sita with questions.

“Y—you don’t remember?” Sita was surprised; she exchanged glances with Dr. Charles and he gave his patient a puzzled look.

“No, I don’t seem to remember, what happened?”

“You were driving, the brakes failed and your car landed in the river” Sita started to explain but her friend was already shaking her head. “That can’t be true, I don’t drive, and I’ve not even gotten my license.” She shrugged, slightly amused. Sita’s smile petered out and the doctor gave her a reassuring smile. He urged them to excuse him as he wanted to examine his patient alone. That was when she noticed him-he had been standing at the edge of her bed holding Sita, arms crossed. His worry lined-forehead tripped some wires in Areya’s head that said friendly. His eyes held hers and he smiled almost imperceptibly, hopefully. Her mind held no recognition but he was a relief to her senses, a warm sympathetic object in an unfamiliar cold room, whoever he was, she was certain she knew him. She smiled at him but he wasn’t looking as he was making his way out of the room with Sita’s head rested on his shoulder. Areya felt a stab of pain in her chest. Who was this guy and why did she feel like she knew him personally? Why was he holding Sita? She blinked. Dr Charles was saying something.

“…… Your CT scans are good, MRIs are clean, No TBI though they are not the most reliable considering you are on a drug trial.”

She had no idea what he was talking about.

“If everything goes according to plan, you would be discharged in no time.” He said cheerfully and she noticed the blue ring again. “I know you need to rest so I would leave you now and check back on you later. If you need anything, just press the button.” He added, patted her shoulder and made his way towards the door.

“Doctor Charles,” she called after him.

“Yes?”

“What date is it today?” Areya asked, not knowing what else to say.

“September 15th 2009.” He replied.

She felt her chest muscles tighten, September 2009? What happened in January? She tried to remember, nothing.

source: http://joshuaidowu..com/2014/01/seekers-episode-1-wait-am-lost_2.html

2008? Nothing.

2007? Nothing.

That was when she began to shiver. Sita had said she drove her car into the river. She didn’t drive at least that was what she remembered. Does it mean she had obtained her license already? If she had, she would remember wouldn’t she? It’s too much of a detail not to remember. The doctor said she had been here for six weeks. Six weeks from where? She closed her eyes. Where was the last place she remembered visiting… Patty’s house but that was after Sita’s birthday. Could she have had the accident on her way back? Was there anyone else in the car with her? How come she didn’t remember anything after 2006? How much more had she forgotten? She had heard of cases where people lose their memory after an accident. Could that be her case? What was happening?... suddenly, it dawned on her as she opened her eyes; her face white in fear, something had taken away two years of her memory!...........

(1) (Reply)

Bizarre Deaths / Happy Diwali Professional Sms, Msgs , Wishes For Clients 2014 / Why All The Ghost Stories???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.