Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Who Is A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is A Christian? (846 Views)

10 Practical Ways To Battle Sexual Temptation In A Christian's Life / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Is It Right for a Christian to Expose False Prophets and False Teaching ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is A Christian? by Raymond4kc: 9:22pm On Aug 09, 2008
The word CHRISTIAN was first used by the people of Antioch.This they called the Apostles of old Christians oweing to the fact that they were behaving like Christ. But today, people call themself christians just because he or she goes to church every sundays or because the person take part in Religious activity or the other. To this end, I look forward to hearing you say something on this case study : WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?

Can a thief, a cultist , a smooker, a LovePeddler ,EVEN YOU, be called a christian?
Re: Who Is A Christian? by gee2(m): 4:42am On Aug 10, 2008
a CHRISTIAN is sum1 who has accepted Jesus Christ n is xperiencin Him, His presence etc, etc, a TRUE BELIEVER not by mouth but by action, character n so on, I'm a CHRISTIAN.
Re: Who Is A Christian? by samba123(m): 9:53am On Aug 10, 2008
These are interesting many people say they are Christians, but does this profession measure up against what the Bible says a Christian is? Is there any “Realy Christian here in Nairaland” kindly express yourself if anyone qualify to this condition.

If you say you are a Christian, what is the basis for saying this?
Your answer might be something like one of the following statements.

Most commonly claim by individual.

I live in a Christian country?

I have always been a Christian?

my parents were Christians?

I have always been to church?

I don't do anything to hurt other people?

I am a moral and upright citizen?

I do a lot of work for Charities?
Do these categories claim you’re a real Christian or what? But, what other people if they engage other activities opposite to that, do they also call a Christian?
Re: Who Is A Christian? by PastorAIO: 7:39pm On Aug 10, 2008
Raymond4kc:

The word CHRISTIAN was first used by the people of Antioch.This they called the Apostles of old Christians oweing to the fact that they were behaving like Christ. But today, people call themself christians just because he or she goes to church every sundays or because the person take part in Religious activity or the other. To this end, I look forward to hearing you say something on this case study : WHO IS A CHRISTIAN?

Can a thief, a cultist , a smooker, a LovePeddler ,EVEN YOU, be called a christian?

How did the people of Antioch know how Christ behaved? Did Jesus ever go to Antioch? Or did people of Antioch frequent Judaea at the time Jesus was about?
Re: Who Is A Christian? by Raymond4kc: 7:29pm On Aug 13, 2008
come on pastor aio, the matter on board is : who is a christian ? nothing more nothing less. god bless u as u air out your own view.
Re: Who Is A Christian? by madamkoko: 2:19pm On Aug 15, 2008
A christian is anyone who says they're a christian.

1 Like

Re: Who Is A Christian? by Gamine(f): 2:37pm On Aug 15, 2008
A Christian is simply one who has

Forsaken the world to Follow Christ

Has crucified Self.

By Believing in Jesus as Saviour

and Living life in a Christ-like manner
Re: Who Is A Christian? by KunleOshob(m): 4:26pm On Aug 15, 2008
@Madamkoko
I am just curious, what religion do you practise? that is if you practise any religion. Or better still what are your belief sytems? /do you worship God?
Re: Who Is A Christian? by madamkoko: 8:13pm On Aug 15, 2008
KunleOshob:

@Madamkoko
I am just curious, what religion do you practise? that is if you practise any religion. Or better still what are your belief sytems? /do you worship God?

what do you think ?
Re: Who Is A Christian? by mazaje(m): 8:21pm On Aug 15, 2008
madamkoko:

very true we have about 30,000 sects most of them postulating that they only know and hold the ultimate truth, (i wonder what truth they are talking about sef). a christian is simply some one who says he is a christain, because all the sects(various religions) in christainity all get there inspirations from the bible and yet they all can't come out with a universally acceptable doctrine and belief. always fighting, castigating and destroying each other and still calling them selves christains. there is no and can never be a universally acceptable defination for the word.
Re: Who Is A Christian? by denisbid: 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2015
madamkoko:
God bless you,
anybody who is born into a christian home, raised by a christian parent is a Christian and not a Muslim.
he is justified and saved

(1) (Reply)

Help Me Go Back To God / ANTI - CHRIST / Is It A Must That We Should Do A Morning Devotion In Our ?!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.