Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,639 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

Mr Seun, Please Release My Website From Antispam - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Mr Seun, Please Release My Website From Antispam (777 Views)

Seun / Mukina, Please Release My Posts In Auto Section (4) / Seun / Mukina, Please Release My Posts In Auto Section! / @mukina Please Release Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Seun, Please Release My Website From Antispam by kochees: 4:33pm On Jan 10, 2014
For fear of being banned i cant even put the website name here.
Please Mr Seun, please remove my website from your antispam filter.
I have been banned numerous times for putting that website name in posts i make at the business thread and any where on Nairaland.
You can see the website is completely harmless, informative and more over its just a blog.

PLEASE HELP!
Re: Mr Seun, Please Release My Website From Antispam by kochees: 4:52pm On Jan 10, 2014
how do i know if its still in the anti spam filter?
Re: Mr Seun, Please Release My Website From Antispam by kochees: 4:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
this is an open plea. Mr Seun please respond. i dont see why my harmless website will cause me to get banned over again. its meaningless! angry
Re: Mr Seun, Please Release My Website From Antispam by goldplated(m): 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2014
I visited the site and it is nice. Then what prompted the ban? Sorry pal,i hope Seun sees this and assist you.
Re: Mr Seun, Please Release My Website From Antispam by kochees: 7:13pm On Jan 10, 2014
goldplated: I visited the site and it is nice. Then what prompted the ban? Sorry pal,i hope Seun sees this and assist you.

well i'm going to try and create an article thread with my site link. i dont see any reason why my site gets me banned! embarassed
Re: Mr Seun, Please Release My Website From Antispam by Nobody: 8:30pm On Jan 10, 2014
I just created this account to let you know i got banned.

While i was trying to post this in the business thread.

How can You create a Customer Friendly Website?

What annoys an internet user the most? A quick scientific survey of a local internet café suggests top three turnoffs which are:

Sites that are very slow to download
Ones that are confusing to use
And sites that do not contain the promised information
The single most common reaction to sites like these is that the visitor quickly moves on to another site. Clearly, if you get things wrong there is usually no way you can get that visitor back. You have to put things right with your website to avoid this scenario.

So how can you stop this from happening to you and your business? Here, I’ll provide twenty tips to help you when designing your website or redesigning.

Start designing with a clear understanding of the purpose of your site: If the aim of your website is to sell something, entertain or inform, the design of your site should be consistent with its purpose. The role of a site selling software online will be different from a website of a local community newspaper.
Plan the site with the customer in mind: Imagine how your customers will use your site and consider their reasons for visiting. Something that appears logical to you may not appear so to a first-time visitor.
Design your website for cross-browser compatibility: Make sure your website can be viewed in all browsers, that way you will not unintentionally reduce the number of visitors to your site.
Choose simplicity over complexity: Keep things simple unless you are a design company showcasing its skills. Visitors may not be impressed by your complex animated graphics especially if they serve no apparent useful purpose. Also make it simple for visitors to get to the content they came for on your website.
Make the navigation intuitive and easy to use: This is probably one of the most important aspects of web designing. Make your site’s navigation logical and clear. Ensure the most important and most often accessed information is easy to find. Link names should be concise and self-explanatory. Test navigational links to make sure they work and keep them up to-date.
Your site should be as visually appealing as possible: Visual appeal is subjective but the design of your site will undoubtedly influence visitors’ perceptions of your business as a whole. An uncluttered layout, careful choice of font size and colors and appropriate use of graphics and images would go a long way of ensuring your site creates a good impression of your impression.
Apply a consistent design or ‘look and feel’ across your site: Keep the design consistent across your site unless you want your visitors to wonder if they stumbled on another website.
Integrate your web site design with your offline branding: If you have created a brand for your business offline, then you have to reassure your customers by applying the same brand online. After all, if you have spent money building your brand why spend more building an entirely different online brand, except if it is your intention for your own reasons.
Keep page size manageable to ensure speedy downloads: Your website’s visitor’s patience is measured in a few seconds and not everyone has hi-speed internet connections. This means you have to keep page sizes within reasonable limits to ensure they download quickly. Optimize the image size and avoid putting images on a page unless it adds something for the visitor.
Ensure your site’s content reflects its purpose: If your website is a sales site for example, ensure your content focuses on selling. Stay focused and avoid the temptation to upload content that is not relevant to your web site’s purpose.
Enable quick and easy location of information: People will quickly leave your site if they cannot locate the information they seek. Internet users increasingly require information to be instantly available and there is no shortage of other sites eager to take business from you. Think what information your visitors are likely to want and do not hide it away.
Make sure your site’s contents are relevant, accurate and up-to-date: Provide accurate and relevant content on your website and always up-date it. Failure to do this will make your company look inefficient and reflects badly on your customer service at all levels. Search engines also appreciate websites with regularly updated contents.
Encourage interaction: Get visitors to interact with your site and spend more time on it. Make a visit an interesting experience for them by including useful online tools. Just make sure they are relevant to your site.
Personalize your website: It is possible to greet your visitors to your site and serve up content tailored specifically to their needs. There are some plugins that can do this for wordpress websites like the Welcomizer.
Invite dialogue: Give your visitors and customers the opportunity to contact you via email, online forms, a call-back or call me facility, web chat, etc. Get feedbacks through online surveys and feedback forms. Invite them to subscribe to a newsletter or rss feeds.
Acknowledge customer contact: It is common courtesy to say ‘thank you’. When you set up an email auto-responder and requiring customers to complete and submit a form, make sure there is a ‘thank you’ page or pop-up. This reassures the customer that you have received their communication and does not leave them wondering whether or not your site is working properly.
Make your websites service a seamless experience: Aim to give your customers the same level of service online as you do offline. Your goal should be to facilitate the customer’s interaction with your company and allow them to choose how to do business with you. You know that customers are your most valuable asset and retaining them is vital to your business.
Give your customers support: Reassure visitors to your site by providing elements such as help pages, FAQ’s, a site map, terms of use and a privacy policy/disclaimer. They will appreciate it. It also raises the integrity bar of your business.
Inspire confidence in the workings of your website: Ensure that your site works properly and its content is up-to-date. Check error messages, and also check if forms and data entry fields are logical. Get someone to proofread your site if possible to spot any grammatical mistakes. The quality of your site tells customers a lot about the quality of service they can expect from you.
Get to know your customers: Learn as much as you can about your customers and the way they use your site (and also if you can your competitors’ sites). Then use this learning curve to improve your site and increase your return on investment.
There are millions of websites and more keep adding by the day. Just about anyone can create one but if you want your site to stand out from the rest, plan it carefully and design it with your customers in mind.
Re: Mr Seun, Please Release My Website From Antispam by Nobody: 8:32pm On Jan 10, 2014
As You can see Mr Seun, from the above i'm still posting and i havent been banned by Antispam. But when i include my website source, i get banned immeditaely.

Please fix this with your Antispam bot. Dont kill My Motivation

(1) (Reply)

Conversation Between Aids & Ebola: / The Dangers Of Comparism!! / 10 Things Ghanaians Know About Nigerians As Independence Day Approaches.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.