Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,272 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:12 AM

Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. (5597 Views)

Ogun State In Focus. Amosun In Action...pics.. / Governor Amosun Of Ogun Stoned By TASUED Students As He Ran For Cover [PIC] / New Facts Show President Jonathan’s Age Falsification (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:49pm On Jan 10, 2014
manny4life:

Prove where she claimed it na, and please don't say wiki or Aviation Ministry website.
When you learn how to write legibly, I will respond.
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by meforyou1(m): 10:00pm On Jan 10, 2014
Orlando Owoh:
When you learn how to write legibly, I will respond.
product of awolowo's half-baked free education, u can't read simple English? I pity you and your generation
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 10, 2014
Dis Guy: @eguerilla

You didn't attach the reply from Westminster

I like the way this govt deflects issues sha

I have been getting banned recently because of badly formatted links, so won't post the full URL.
The response provided by University of Westminster would be of little comfort to the Governor methinks.

Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by meforyou1(m): 10:03pm On Jan 10, 2014
shymexx: The allegations are laughable and utterly useless.

Firstly, why would someone want to lie about his/her age to be older? Especially in a country where almost everyone is an age-cheat and the country in which the phrase, "African-age" was coined from?

Secondly, University of Westminster used to be a Polytechnic (Royal Polytechnic), before it was granted University status in 1992. So, it's possible that the same course was awarded as M.A in 2000, before its present MSc. award.

Anyway, to verify his certificate, this is the UK verification portal for that: https://www.hedd.ac.uk/

the verification has been made. Did you not read the post? The university said whoever claims to have MA in international finance in their school must have loose nuts.
Instead of sending link, why don't you make the enquiries and send us the result?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by meforyou1(m): 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
eGuerrilla:

I have been getting banned recently because of badly formatted links, so won't post the full URL.
The response provided by University of Westminster would be of little comfort to the Governor methinks.

what nonsense is this? Sending us university policy. Is that what we are interested in?
Is Mr Amosun not alive? Let him publish his MA naa. And tinubu should publish his Chicago certificate too
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by jaybee3(m): 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
eGuerrilla:

Why do you think it's of little comfort Sir?

The university does award MA degree
They also awarded it to between 1 and 5 internationals students during the period in question

All indicators points to the fact that he was awarded the degree
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by meforyou1(m): 10:11pm On Jan 10, 2014
shymexx:

It's not just footballers - almost all Nigerians lie about their age. I remember some uncle from my uni who looks old enough to be mum's age, yet he was claiming 1982. Everyone knows that. Stop faking the funk!
yorubas in Nigeria civil service fake their ages a lot too. Thanks for reminding me
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by meforyou1(m): 10:15pm On Jan 10, 2014
jay bee:

I tire o. How can a university stating their policy be a comfort to amosun?
Is amosun not hale and hearty? He should publish his MA certificate naa.
When there was controversy in US, Obama published his birth certificate. Is Amosun a common Ogun state governor bigger than Obama?
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by aventura: 10:17pm On Jan 10, 2014
Age and certificate falsification should not call for tribal bashing/defence. If he has commited any crime, let him face the music.

On a side note, I think it was high time the powers that be do something about Age Falsification. This is the number fraud in Nigeria. From Civil Service to sports.
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by meforyou1(m): 10:17pm On Jan 10, 2014
jay bee:

They also awarded it to between 1 and 5 internationals students during the period in question

then let him publish it for all to see.
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jan 10, 2014
me_for_you: the verification has been made. Did you not read the post? The university said whoever claims to have MA in finance in their school must have loose nuts.
Instead of sending link, why don't you make the enquiries and send us the result?

Do you have some screws loose in your head? Read eGuerrilla's last post and attachment. I've been vindicated.

I can also cite the University with the biggest campus in the UK and one of the tougher universities to get into, in the UK, Keele University. University rankings haven't been fair to Keele, probably because it's not as old as most red brick unis, but it's definitely one of the best Universities in the UK, with a lot of American students.

As far as I know, Keele never used to have a faculty for science and computing, until recently. And most of the science and computing courses were under the Faculty of Engineering. So anyone who graduated from Keele doing sciences or anything relating to computing, before the faculty for their courses was created, would have graduated with a B.Eng.

Comprehende?
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 10, 2014
me_for_you: yorubas in Nigeria civil service fake their ages a lot too. Thanks for reminding me

Good to know that.
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by meforyou1(m): 10:19pm On Jan 10, 2014
aventura: Age and certificate falsification should not call for tribal bashing/defence. If he has commited any crime, let him face the music.

On a side note, I think it was high time the powers that be do something about Age Falsification. This is the number fraud in Nigeria. From Civil Service to sports.
he will not face any music. He will just hide under immunity to perpetuate fraud
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by aventura: 10:20pm On Jan 10, 2014
me_for_you: yorubas in Nigeria civil service fake their ages a lot too. Thanks for reminding me

Nigerians in civil service........... not just Yorubas
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by tawa89(f): 10:20pm On Jan 10, 2014
jay bee:

because the man just said no Nigerian attended the school between the period under review . The fifth question was if any Nigerian was amongst the Africans that got admitted into the school and the man replied no. Check the questionnaire again. Fourth and fifth questions i think. Eguerrilla correct me if I'm wrong tho. Between, why are our media houses silent on this??
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 10, 2014
me_for_you: what nonsense is this? Sending us university policy. Is that what we are interested in?
Is Mr Amosun not alive? Let him publish his MA naa. And tinubu should publish his Chicago certificate too

Get lost!
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by jaybee3(m): 10:24pm On Jan 10, 2014
tawa89: because the man just said no Nigerian attended the school between the period under review . The fifth question was if any Nigerian was amongst the Africans that got admitted into the school and the man replied no. Check the questionnaire again. Fourth and fifth questions i think. Eguerrilla correct me if I'm wrong tho. Between, why are our media houses silent on this??
I didn't see the questionnaire but it's possible for amosun to have dual nationality
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jan 10, 2014
jay bee:

Not if you look at responses provided for questions 4 & 5

Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by goldfish80(m): 10:27pm On Jan 10, 2014
According to the Nigerian constitution,anybody can hold a political office in the country provided he/she has ATTEMPTED WAEC, but am just curios how the governor got admission with an ordinary pass in English and mathematics.
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by agbameta: 10:32pm On Jan 10, 2014
eGuerrilla:

Not if you look at responses provided for questions 4 & 5

Where are the responses?
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 10, 2014
shymexx:

Do you have some screws loose in your head? Read eGuerrilla's last post and attachment. I've been vindicated.

I can also cite the University with the biggest campus in the UK and one of the tougher universities to get into, in the UK, Keele University. University rankings haven't been fair to Keele, probably because it's not as old as most red brick unis, but it's definitely one of the best Universities in the UK, with a lot of American students.

As far as I know, Keele never used to have a faculty for science and computing, until recently. And most of the science and computing courses were under the Faculty of Engineering. So anyone who graduated from Keele doing sciences or anything relating to computing, before the faculty for their courses was created, would have graduated with a B.Eng.

Comprehende?

At the moment, my findings do not augur well for the governor.

While the claim made in @OP's post in relation to what Westminster offered is factually wrong (see excerpt below), this also appears to be the case for the governor if we accept that he graduated in the year 2000.

Also, an enquiry at the Evaluation and Accreditation Department of the Federal Ministry of Education, Abuja through a letter on May 3,
2011, informing the Ministry of suspicion on the authenticity of the certificate presented to INEC by Senator Amosun on his M.A. in
International Finance from the University of Westminster in 2000 revealed that the University of Westminster does not offer
Masters of Art in International Finance.

For the record, this program might have aimed solely at the international community - as the recipients I have located thus far are all based outside the UK.
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 10, 2014
agbameta:

Where are the responses?

Zero in both cases.
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by hercules07: 10:45pm On Jan 10, 2014
What is the job of the Human Rights and Civic Organisations, they need to help vet the credentials of our leaders, if indeed Amosun submitted fake credentials, he should be impeached and prosecuted. We do not need a certificate forger as a leader in the SW.
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by eGuerrrilla: 10:52pm On Jan 10, 2014
hercules07: What is the job of the Human Rights and Civic Organisations, they need to help vet the credentials of our leaders, if indeed Amosun submitted fake credentials, he should be impeached and prosecuted. We do not need a certificate forger as a leader in the SW.

I am full agreement with you here.

Link to FOI request and answers -- [url]https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/128932/response/318912/attach/3/FOI%202012%2077%20Response.pdf[/url]
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by abrat: 10:56pm On Jan 10, 2014
This is getting clearer, i think Amosun should just publish his certificate for all to see, as all indicators are pointing towards the fact that he (Amosun) is a certificate forger.
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by agbameta: 10:59pm On Jan 10, 2014
hercules07: What is the job of the Human Rights and Civic Organisations, they need to help vet the credentials of our leaders, if indeed Amosun submitted fake credentials, he should be impeached and prosecuted. We do not need a certificate forger as a leader in the SW.

Hope this is not true, but if it is, he got to go. He's a great governor, but we can not have that in the SW.
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by Lusola15: 11:07pm On Jan 10, 2014
agbameta:

Hope this is not true, but if it is, he got to go. He's a great governor, but we can not have that in the SW.

I agree with you 100%. Can't allow acts like this to go without proper action. This is the SouthWest

Am sorry Mr Governor if its true. Please do the needful
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by abrat: 11:17pm On Jan 10, 2014
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 10, 2014
There isn't a great of information on this story online, but copied in below is a rejoinder I found.
Pretty much water tight as far as any defence goes.

Were incorrect answers given in the FOI report after all?

REJOINDER TO PERJURY ACCUSATION ON OGUN STATE GOVERNOR SENATOR IBIKUNLE AMOSUN

Our attention has been drawn to a news report on 234NEXT, 234next.com and Saharareporters.com about Senator Ibikunle Amosun, the governor-elect of Ogun State and his academic credentials.

We are not surprised that such hatchet job is coming from an unknown group at this critical period that the mission to re-build Ogun State from the unfortunate misrule of last eight years is about to start.

The amorphous group in the name of Center for Justice and Democracy (CEJUDE) was definitely an overnight formation without any credible existence, which points to a pattern usually employed by those infected by the "PULL HIM DOWN" syndrome.
While we do not wish to confer credibility on this hatchet group, I am constrained to set the record straight for the sake of the unwary who may out of lack of better knowledge of the facts assume there is any substance to this fairy-tale.

We will rebut the main tissues in their lies below:

ON SIX MONTHS INTERNSHIP DURING OND/HND

In the course of perusing the news item on 234NEXT.COM, an independent commentator actually shed light on this blatant lie. His explanation presented below throws light on Senator Amosun’s internship at Ogun-Osun River Basin Authority in 1982 and at Nigerian Television Authority-NTA in 1981.

"In 1979, the initial admission was for NND (a four year programme leading to the award of Nigerian National Diploma) and internship of six months each embedded into year 2 and 3 respectively. But after much advocacy due to the fear that the certificate may just be acceptable here in Nigeria only - a change or reverse of this policy was effected by the Shehu Shagari administration with a proviso that those who were admitted in 1979 should be allowed to pursue HND direct while others should have theirs spread as the case is now. This was done to avoid legal tussle by the beneficiaries of the 1979 admission against the government. I think that should be the fate of Senator Ibikunle Amosun"
I don't think I have to add anything to this.

ON GCE CERTIFICATE FORGERY
I personally was a living witness to how a lot of people were expelled from the then Ogun State Polytechnic, including those I know their whereabout presently for certificate forgery, but will avoid mentioning names so as not to embarass anybody. We thank God Senator Amosun’s certificate was not found wanting throughout his stay at the Ogun State Polytechnic. In any case, the West African Examination Council (WAEC) is available to answer any inquiry on his certificate.

ON Master of Arts (MA) UNIVERSITY OF WESTMINSTER.

We will rather prefer to meet the real masquerades behind these detractors and jobless hatchet group whenever they have the guts and gumption to attach their names to this obnoxious propaganda.

We have done the needful, and will be ready to re-submit the same certificates belonging to Senator Ibikunle Amosun to INEC over and over again. The Onus is on the detractors to prove the authenticity or otherwise. At least, it is trite law that he who alleges must prove. The University of Westminster gave students the options to offer either MSc or MA, and Senator Ibikunle Amosun opted to bag a Master’s in the "ARTS" of International Finance being a chartered accountant.

Again common sense should tell anyone that the MA in international finance was obtained after Senator Ibikunle Amosun was already a chartered accountant, and the advanced degree does not offer him any financial gains beyond his current professional status. Also, he could not have gone ahead to jeopardise his status as a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (FCA) with a forged degree.

However, apart from posting copies of Senator Ibikunle Amosun's MA certificate from Westminster University with this rejoinder, we will also like to point out the references below.

As quoted below, some commentators on the 234next.com have been calling the Registrar of Westminster University, and have confirmed Senator Ibikunle Amosun's attendance at the University.

"Authoritatively from the Registrar at the University of Westminster, she confirmed to me that Amosun was an ex student and that they used to offer Masters of Art (MA) International Finance before and that the said Amosun was awarded a degree in Masters of Art (MA) International Finance. I am not sure why people would think that UK institutions are like Nigeria where you can not get information. Should anybody wants (sic) to verify this, please call this number 02079115000 and ask to speak to the Registrar, she is more than happy to tell you"

It may be of interest that University of Westminster offers MSc in International Finance as shown on their website at the moment, but used to offer MA as well in the past and at the same time as claimed by some of the present and former students, as indicated in the profile of a graduate of University of Westminster in Linkedn.com highlighted below:
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/carina-mount-charles/3/671/258.

I guess the person of interest in the Linkedn is not Senator Ibikunle Amosun, but someone else.

PURPORTED LETTER FROM MINISTRY OF EDUCATION:
A letter apparently written on a forged letterhead of Federal Ministry of Education is the major plank on which these political adversaries try to hang their baseless allegation. To start with, the letterhead has no address or telephone/email-address of the ministry. Neither is there a stamp to authenticate the so-called correspondence. It is also ridiculous that a whole Federal Ministry of Education would investigate the certificate of a former Senator of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, and a governor-elect without requesting requisite information from him. It is curious that the Federal Ministry of Education will be asking a third-party to make available the student transcripts, entry-point and hard copy of admission papers of Senator Amosun from CEJUDE! These are forgers accusing an innocent man of forgery.

FORGED BIRTH CERTIFICATE
The forged birth certificate on Saharareporters.com actually speaks volume of these perpetrators. The admission form was supposedly prepared in 1980 by the then Ibikunle Oyelaja Amosun, and he was 22 year old as shown in form . Definitely, the posted birth certificate is fake. Can any sane mind count the number of years from 1960 to 1980. It happens to be 20 years. For clarity, a 22 year old in 1980 will definitely have a year of birth of 1958. The birth certificate can definitely tell a discerning mind who actually forged documents. The purported fake birth certificate is attached as well.

In conclusion, the general public is advised to disregard this falsehood being peddled by these charlatans.

Attached below are scanned copies of Senator Ibikunle Amosun's credentials.

Bunmi Adebayo (Mr)
Abeokuta, Nigeria

Source: http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/NaijaExcel/conversations/topics/11448
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by tpia5: 11:38pm On Jan 10, 2014
goldfish80: According to the Nigerian constitution,anybody can hold a political office in the country provided he/she has ATTEMPTED WAEC, but am just curios how the governor got admission with an ordinary pass in English and mathematics.

In waec( not ssce), five credits is considered the pass mark.

The five credits must include english and mathematics and can be combined from two sittings.

So, the result we see here is nothing new, he obviously did not need physics and chemistry and in addition, might have already had the credits necessary for admission into a tertiary institution.

And, pass mark is C and above. The actual grade doesn't matter as long as its not below a C.
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by tpia5: 11:42pm On Jan 10, 2014
Topic

The way to go about credential verification is by verifying the certificate issued?

All this long story of who and what nationality graduated, doesn't make sense.

Una don come again o.
Re: Ogun Governor, Amosun In Certificates Forgery, Age Falsification. by meforyou1(m): 11:44pm On Jan 10, 2014
shymexx:

Comprehende?
this man, this is not a graduation ceremony. Don't cite nothing. Publish amosun's MA certificate or forever keep quiet. And while you are at it, publish tinubu'a Chicago university certificate too and stop arguing in circles.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

At Last An Igbo Man Emerge The Next Governor Of Delta State- Ifeduba / 2023 Polls: INEC Insists On Valid Party Primaries / Game Over: Tinubu Has Not Slept Since He Saw These

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.