Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,393 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:18 PM

Ibb, Dele Giwa & I - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibb, Dele Giwa & I (898 Views)

Aliyu Giwa, Nigerian Policeman Dapper Than Some Musicians (Photos) / Dele Momodu Writes Buhari, Says Nigerians Are Lamenting / Detailed Account Of Dele Giwa's Death (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibb, Dele Giwa & I by Mamajama(m): 1:23am On Aug 11, 2008
He threw a verbal missile that caught the military on the wrong side in 1986 during the regime of ex-military president, General Ibrahim Babangida. And like a wounded lion, the military ensured he was gagged, caged and, possibly, taken out of circulation. Thus began his long, lonely and tortuous journey to the valley of joblessness, abandoned by his contemporaries and superiors who opted not to dine with him, even with a long spoon. Now, he parades an amazing and unpleasant record of being suspended from office, recalled and, thereafter, dismissed twice from the Nigeria Police Force.

At the time I was sacked from the police force, there was no Police Service Commission, no National Assembly. It was the Armed Forces Ruling Council [AFRC]. There was this decree 17 of 1985 promulgated and signed by General Babangida where you can be retired in the public interest without reason and you cannot challenge the matter in court. That was what they used on me and everybody they wanted to deal with. Babangida had the power of life and death over Mamman Vasta and every other person including Alozie Ogugbuaja. But I was lucky to survive. They planted a bomb in my residence at No. 19 Oba Akinjobi street, GRA, Ikeja Lagos on October 16, 1986, but a police bomb disposal team led by one Balogun who is now a DCP and O/C Police Bomb Squad, came and detonated the bomb at about 1.am.

http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/features/powergame/2008/aug/10/powergame-10-08-2008-001.htm
Re: Ibb, Dele Giwa & I by Blatant: 11:50am On Aug 11, 2008
I remember meeting Alozie when he was PR of Police and I was in Unilag. He was a complete professional and the kind of people that would have done the Police some good.

His interview seems to show a lot of deep rooted anger but it is expected after what he went through.

It appears that if you are a good man in Nigeria, you will get your fingers burnt; and that is really shameful. I dont see progress for the country as long as that remains the case
Re: Ibb, Dele Giwa & I by ayomifull(f): 12:26pm On Aug 11, 2008
Blatant:

It appears that if you are a good man in Nigeria, you will get your fingers burnt; and that is really shameful. I don't see progress for the country as long as that remains the case

The reason why we still have a very long journey to good governance.
Re: Ibb, Dele Giwa & I by Mamajama(m): 8:14pm On Aug 11, 2008
When will IBB be charge to court? he defies court orders to appear before a panel.

When will he be compelled to pay for his atrocities?
Re: Ibb, Dele Giwa & I by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 11, 2008
In Nigeria, where people decide to choose evil over good?
With all the suffering and smiling?

Just stop the joke abeg.
Re: Ibb, Dele Giwa & I by chidichris(m): 4:18pm On Aug 12, 2008
Mamajama,
ur type is the problem of nigeria.
u are posting today from the sun which is owned by a criminal - kalu and u are ready to go by their post. tomorrow when the sun post any issue that has to do with obj and his misdeeds, u will be fast to remind us of the criminals that are running the affairs of the sun.
why do u continue fooling urself when u know the truth? ur question shld be, why did obj in all his fights against corruption in nigeria overlooked ibb? why do u think ibb as a military president shld be accountable to the people while our (selected) elected president is not ready to appear b4 anybody?
how do u compare the corruption during ibb's regime and that of obj's eight years? how many of the thugs that obj's regime brought to lime light was persecuted?
pls tell me in which state of the country that thugs are terrorising an elected gov today?
is there any chris uba or adedibu as i write to you now? if yes, tell me where.
thugs are back to their respective shells to avoid maximum prisons.
the record of crime in the eight years of obj has no comparism so u better start thinking like a nromal person or u stop thinking.

(1) (Reply)

EFCC-on The Heels Of Rotimi Amaechi Over Humoungous Fraud / Reps Discover Fake Lg In Oyo State / Fashola For President Come 2011

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.