Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,951 members, 7,814,226 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:27 AM

Bonfrere Jo Re-joins Dream Team In China - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Bonfrere Jo Re-joins Dream Team In China (1372 Views)

Nigeria Is Worst Dressed Team In Beijing / Bonfrere Jo Unimpressed With Eagles / How To Join The Glo Soccer Academy DREAM TEAM (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bonfrere Jo Re-joins Dream Team In China by DeepZone: 6:55pm On Aug 13, 2008
Dutch coach Johannes Bonfrere re-joins Dream Team
Written by Onochie Anibeze, reporting from Beiljing, China
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Dutch coach Johannes Bonfrere, the man who led the Nigeria U_23 team to win Africa’s first Olympic football gold in the USA 12 years ago, is here in China to feel the games and offer wise counsel to the Dream Team.

Bonfrere

The man who also led the Super Eagles to African Cup of Nations silver in 2000, but was dumped after a calamitous start to the 2002 World Cup qualifiers, has been sighted severally in China, first at the Sheraton Tianjin Hotel where Nigeria stayed to play his native Netherlands and Japan, and in Beijing, where they play USA today.

He has been seen talking to Head Coach Samson Siasia.Siasia missed the cut for the over_age quota in Nigeria’s 1996 winners but also played at the Olympics previously, when Nigeria lost out in Seoul in 1988.

Siasia’s assistant, Henry Nwosu, who like Siasia captained the Nigeria senior team, played twice at the Olympics, scoring Nigeria’s goal in the 1_1 draw with eventual winners Czechoslovakia in the USSR in 1980 and joining up for the Seoul 88 event.

http://odili.net/news/source/2008/aug/13/312.html
Re: Bonfrere Jo Re-joins Dream Team In China by davidif: 7:52pm On Aug 16, 2008
bonfrere jo is the man.

By the way, where is he now? haven't heard from him in a long time.
Re: Bonfrere Jo Re-joins Dream Team In China by pault(m): 4:18pm On Aug 17, 2008
david I believe he actually runs a soccer school in Nigeria. Certainly a White man who loves the country with a great sense of loyalty despite his being departed from the National Team and the efforts past 2002. He went on to coach in southern Africa but the country escape me at this time. After that stint he came back to Nigeria and established a Soccer School with Partners .
Re: Bonfrere Jo Re-joins Dream Team In China by benedo(m): 1:43pm On Aug 18, 2008
@pault i think you must be talking about clemence westerhoff, westerhoff had a coaching stint in south africa and i think he is presently in Kwara state running a footbal academy.

The last i heard of bonferre was that he was somewhre around United Arab Emirates or somewhere in the middle east as a coach.

I stand to be corrected sha
Re: Bonfrere Jo Re-joins Dream Team In China by c33b33(m): 9:04am On Aug 19, 2008
You re correct!It's Westernhof that partnered wit Kojo Williams to operate a football school not Bonfree

(1) (Reply)

If Real Beat Dortmund And Reach Wembley They Can SLEEP With My Girlfriend. / She Fell Down Few Meters Before The Finish Line In The Ongoing Commonwealth Game / Victorious 2013 Fifa U17 worldcup champ Samuel Okon wedding pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.