Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,925 members, 7,810,556 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:01 AM

Germany 2006 Officiating: What's Wrong With The Referees? - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Germany 2006 Officiating: What's Wrong With The Referees? (2119 Views)

Nigeria Vs Germany: U20 World Cup (0 - 1) On 11th June 2015 / FIFA Tells Nigerian Referees To Forget Officiating At World Cup / South Africa World Cup 2010 Officiating (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germany 2006 Officiating: What's Wrong With The Referees? by Akolawole(m): 3:08pm On Jun 30, 2006
Jackal:

I remembered the 1st time Nigeria won the U-17 world cup in China. Kodak(the major sponspor of that mundial) lost a considerable amount of money because Nigeria just went to sleep and did not market its team to the whole wide world and Kodak had to pull out as the major sponsors in the following edition in Canada 87.

Jackal.

You are very wrong, thats not the story. I beg go and check your record well.
Re: Germany 2006 Officiating: What's Wrong With The Referees? by Jackal(m): 12:24am On Jul 01, 2006
@ Akola,
That is the main gist.
Kodak pulled out of Canada 87 edition of the FIFA U-17 world cup because KODAK lost funds cos Nigeria won the 1985 Edition.

Can u remembered the politics played on Nigeria against USSR at Canada 87?
Football is about marketing and the Nigerian team is not a very good item to market back in em days.
Re: Germany 2006 Officiating: What's Wrong With The Referees? by alameda(m): 8:59pm On Jul 03, 2006
my own opinion is that the rules are new and that the refs dont understand the new FIFA rules and because they are too much. I really pity the sent home refs sad sad sad
Re: Germany 2006 Officiating: What's Wrong With The Referees? by Grizzly(m): 10:13pm On Jul 03, 2006
Thanks u, grin
Rules too much, ref's confused.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Messi To Move To Chelsea In Summer / Iran's Women's Football Team 'are Full Of Men' / Photos From The Burial Of Stephen Keshi's Wife In Benin Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.