Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,467 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:47 PM

Where Is Heaven? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is Heaven? (2184 Views)

Christians: Where Is Heaven Located? / Is Heaven Possible For Those Without Jesus Christ? / What Is Heaven Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Heaven? by Genial(m): 12:50pm On Jun 25, 2006
For those that believe in heaven:

1. What is heaven?

2. Where is it located?
Re: Where Is Heaven? by jgirl3: 1:00pm On Jun 25, 2006
Another world above earth where there is no pain, suffering and no evil
Re: Where Is Heaven? by eveseh(f): 2:27pm On Jun 25, 2006
heaven is up grin
Re: Where Is Heaven? by jagunlabi(m): 3:11pm On Jun 25, 2006
Some say,heaven is in our mother's womb.
Re: Where Is Heaven? by eveseh(f): 3:16pm On Jun 25, 2006
@jan,lol lol lol lol
Re: Where Is Heaven? by ikamefa(f): 11:37pm On Jun 25, 2006
what is heaven: heaven is the afterlife once death occurs

Re: Where Is Heaven? by rotbog(m): 4:52pm On Jun 26, 2006
Heaven is in the 7th Dimension. U can Plot the Graph If U can.
Here r some of the Parameters,
x= Love
y= Holiness
z= Peace
w=Faith
u=?
v=?
t= ?
Seek out the rest in the holy book. Imbibe the 7 fruits of the holy spirit.

As 4 hell? the code lies in the Davinci grin grin grin

Bye shocked shocked cry grin
Re: Where Is Heaven? by Rhodalyn(f): 4:59pm On Jun 26, 2006
I Really dont belive there's a place like heaven
Re: Where Is Heaven? by dominobaby(f): 5:23pm On Jun 26, 2006
There is Heaven. Unless u are NOTa bible believing christian.
In the bible, 'then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air, and so shall we ever be with the Lord'
I Thessalonians 4:14-18.
Re: Where Is Heaven? by dominobaby(f): 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2006
In the bible, 'then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air, and so shall we ever be with the Lord'
Re: Where Is Heaven? by dominobaby(f): 5:25pm On Jun 26, 2006
Re: Where Is Heaven? by dominobaby(f): 5:26pm On Jun 26, 2006
Re: Where Is Heaven? by bemas(m): 8:47am On Jun 27, 2006
, And God called the firmament Heaven,
, Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect,

the word heaven appeared in about 551 times in the Holy book. and it is used to either mean 1. the firmament[as commonly used in the old testament] or 2. an Invisible Place where God lives as it frequently occurred in the new testament.

Now straight to your question; where is heaven

if the heaven you are referring to is the firmament, then just open your door and step outside and look-up as far as you can see, that is heaven [, And God called the firmament Heaven, ].

secondly, if the heaven you are referring to is that invisible Place where God lives, heaven as God’s Throne or that place of complete bliss and delight and peace [lexicon dictionary], then you need to open the door of your heart, and return in-within yourself; where there is joy unspeakable, peace in abundance, love unlimited, where there is the convergence or unity or oneness of all things, where there is no crying, no weeping, no sorrow no death, no sin; that is heaven. [, Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you, ] […be ye sure of this, that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you …]

does this piece answer your question?.
Re: Where Is Heaven? by Genial(m): 10:55am On Jun 27, 2006
Thank you, Bemas.

My question refers to the same heaven that Jesus was referring to when He said "The Kingdom of heaven is at hand" (Matt. 4:17). He also said "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven" (Matt. 5:3). It is also referred to as "The heavenly Jerusalem" (Heb. 12:12).

I hope that helps you to answer my question more specifically.

What is heaven? Is it a place or a state of being?

Where is it located?

Thank you.
Re: Where Is Heaven? by dignity(m): 2:21pm On Jul 08, 2006
Hey Friends,
The answer you are looking for is here:

http://biblestandard.com/questions/QA_h.htm

Hope it satisfies you.

Be Well.
______
Dignity.
Re: Where Is Heaven? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 3:57am On Aug 27, 2009
Topic

Well,i didn't believe in Heaven,peherp's this is what some didn't know but have alway's notice if you talk to a Christian about heaven, you can clearly understand that the notion of heaven and everlasting life is imaginary. shocked . Simply talk to Christians about heaven. Ask them to describe what heaven is like, and how they will get there. You will be able to feel the absurdity of this notion in different ways., Heaven is a fairy tale invented by human imagination. And each person's fairy tale is different.
We imagine that we have "souls," fabricate the concept of "eternal life" and then fantasize a place called "heaven," complete with streets of gold, calorie-free foods, frolicking virgins and whatever else we can come up with. Christians imagine it so vividly and repeat the fantasy so often that they actually believe it to be reality. grin grin

in Conclusion my fellow NL is that the christian notion of the afterlife is a fantasy in exactly the same way. Heaven is completely imaginary, just like God.

Re: Where Is Heaven? by kolaoloye(m): 11:09am On Aug 27, 2009
Rhodalyn:

I Really dont belive there's a place like heaven

For sure there is a place called HEAVEN. Don't allow what you see or hear confuse you.
You have not been to other planets before yet you belief that they exist. My dear, heaven is real.
Re: Where Is Heaven? by toneyb: 11:15am On Aug 27, 2009
kola oloye:

For sure there is a place called HEAVEN. Don't allow what you see or hear confuse you.
You have not been to other planets before yet you belief that they exist. My dear, heaven is real.

You can see other planets if you really want to. How do you know that heaven is real have you even seen it?
Re: Where Is Heaven? by kolaoloye(m): 3:44pm On Aug 27, 2009
toneyb:

You can see other planets if you really want to. How do you know that heaven is real have you even seen it?

How do you know that you have a spirit? Have you seen yours before?
The fact that something is beyond human comprehension does not nullify its existence.
Re: Where Is Heaven? by toneyb: 3:58pm On Aug 27, 2009
kola oloye:

How do you know that you have a spirit? Have you seen yours  before?

There is absolutely  no evidence of this "spiritual entity" any where in the human body or brain at all. In ancient times people who had no clue how brain physiology worked came up with the idea of a "soul" or "sprit", which gave us our intelligence, personality, skill, memory, morality etc. They theorized that this soul lived on after physical death.

This theory is not consistent with any of the facts that is now known to us. Human capacities for abstract thought, memory, skill, intelligence, communication, morality and even personality are directly proportional to the size of our brain with relationship to those of other animal life forms. Scientist have provided empirical evidence to show that we are our brains, the brian controls everything in the body(reasoning, speech,thoughts, involuntary actions,etc) and without it we will not be able to reason and communicate with each other. Our brains are very delicate and easily damaged, both through head trauma and disease. Damage of either type can (and does) result in loss of intelligence, personality, memory, skill and communication ability. These facts are completely inconsistent with this outdated idea that somehow there is a "spiritual entity" inside us that makes us who we are. There is NO such thing scientist have shown empirically that everything lies in the brian. If you have any evidence for the weak claim of the spirit or soul then go ahead and show me.

The fact that something is beyond human comprehension does not nullify its existence

Sure but heaven does not exist outside the human imagination. Read the book of revelations and it will tell you that such a place exist only in the minds of the writer and those that believe in it.  Burj-Al Arab hotel located in Dubai is heaven go there and see for yourself.
Re: Where Is Heaven? by Maykelly(f): 4:08pm On Aug 27, 2009
@topic: Where Is Heaven?

Heaven is where God Almighty sits. (The holiest  place.)

and how do we get there?
Re: Where Is Heaven? by mantraa: 4:12pm On Aug 27, 2009
i Agree with tonyb.

Heaven is within you.

It 's in your brain. You dont have to go far to find it.

Just close your eyes and use your thoughts.
Re: Where Is Heaven? by kolaoloye(m): 4:29pm On Aug 27, 2009
I ignored your ignorance
Re: Where Is Heaven? by toneyb: 4:50pm On Aug 27, 2009
kola oloye:

I ignored your ignorance

grin grin grin you are a very funny guy I must say.
Re: Where Is Heaven? by Horus(m): 5:24pm On Aug 27, 2009
eveseh:

heaven is up grin

Up where?. Stop and think one minute. If you are on the opposite side of the planet Up is in fact Down. So where is located your heaven?
Re: Where Is Heaven? by Truthonly(m): 6:41pm On Aug 28, 2009
Heaven Is Above.
Re: Where Is Heaven? by rill: 11:22pm On Aug 29, 2009
has anyone ever thought that heaven might in the sun, where nobody can dare travel to.
Re: Where Is Heaven? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 1:21am On Aug 31, 2009
I knew it,i knew how you alway's handle any strange issue's on christianity believe. . .Maykelly the question is simple and also need a simple and the right answer from people like you that already know the((in and out)) of heaven,though you respond but that is not sufficient enough for an answer to it,You're only here describing out of imagination and written histoire but cant a christian that know the actual position of heaven.
All the christian know's is that Someone describe as(God) claiming to be Almighty"as aclaimed"-written,in some certain book,but sadly know nothing about that him but hiding somewhere in the sky watching over the world he created?,sitting down in the most holiest place and so many stories upon stories.

Christians please we need reasonable contribution and idea sharing on this article,the Question is:Where is Heaven?-Where is it Located?,where is the position?.i have notice 90% of every christian's sharing with me are so ignorant and alway's claim they know all thing's.,busy sharing outside their own brain, very stubborn to learn and alway's refuse"Truth".

Where is heaven. . .
May kelly:

@topic: Where Is Heaven?

Heaven is where God Almighty sits. (The holiest  place.)

and how do we get there?
Re: Where Is Heaven? by Maykelly(f): 8:41am On Aug 31, 2009
Heaven is where God Almighty sits. (The holiest  place.)

and the earth is HIS foot·stool

Those in enemity (Ogaga4Luv) with ALMIGHTY JEHOVAH can not see or even understand Heaven and Earth. The understanding is hidden from SINNERS.
To them (Ogaga4Lu and alike) is a Mystery.
Re: Where Is Heaven? by MrCrackles(m): 8:43am On Aug 31, 2009
May Kelly
GBAM! grin
Re: Where Is Heaven? by Ogaga4Luv(m): 10:27am On Aug 31, 2009
Maykelly. .

For all have sinned,We are all sinner's,you are a Sinner,and still sinning simply because (we are born to do it) Servant of sin,S.O.S.
  Ogaga S.O.S is not that complicated if only you show deep interest in understanding top secrets,deep secrets hiden due to self privacy,i believe everyone has a secret's.so stop preaching me nonsense while you're already lost my dear,You are a sinner so how come heaven is not hiden from you(Maykelly) ,please. .i hate you simply? because you have abardon using your brain,though it is not my wish to hate anyone but your way's are Wayward sister(too know),you're Confussed, you claim you know but honestly speaking with all the sharing i share with you i have notice you absolutely know nothing. . .Why?? are you causing all these to yourself?.Anyway,i keep my words and hold my limits if only you can Stop,sit down and think twice.

Sincerely-Ogaga Onowighose
May kelly:

Heaven is where God Almighty sits. (The holiest  place.)

and the earth is HIS foot·stool

Those in enemity (Ogaga4Luv) with ALMIGHTY JEHOVAH can not see or even understand Heaven and Earth. The understanding is hidden from SINNERS.
To them (Ogaga4Lu and alike) is a Mystery.
Re: Where Is Heaven? by Maykelly(f): 12:47pm On Aug 31, 2009
@poster
U want to see death before dying
Where GOD Almighty Jehovah sits is Heaven and If u can see where HE sits, that's Heaven. There is NO LOCATION for Heaven.

Advise for poster - wait first, do not be in a haste.when you die first, then u can see hell and heaven including their location.
Good luck cool

(1) (2) (Reply)

Immoral Love Message In The So Called Holy Bible / How Do You Get To Heaven? / How Did Early Humans Migrate From The Middle East To Other Continents?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.