Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,759 members, 7,809,924 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:18 PM

Do You Draw Comics? Manga? - Art, Graphics & Video (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Do You Draw Comics? Manga? (40705 Views)

Oscar Ukonu: The Nigerian Who Can Draw Everything With Pen / You Draw With Pencil And Paper, I Draw With Yarn And Hook - Crochet / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by stevematix(m): 10:07am On Oct 12, 2006
hello gamine,
its always nice to see girls who know their artwork. but obcviously ur an "old skool" artist. allow me the priviledge of enhancing ur work via the new techniques using the latest technology to applied arts. if u approve give me a mail: info_steve@mail2steve.com
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Gamine(f): 9:10pm On Oct 13, 2006
Steve thanks for the offer, but u dnt know me i do more photoshop work than drawings
i jst drew that on my system under 5mins and decided to post it , its a sketch if u dnt quite get it
i can do my own work.thnx
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by stevematix(m): 9:10am On Oct 16, 2006
allrite gamine, its good to know that u r familiar with the ropes of arts. i'm really happy for u. (honestly i am) if u did that sketch in 5 mins, i can't wait to see the kind of art u drew in 1 hr.

take it from me, i am a fan
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Seun(m): 12:19am On Oct 17, 2006
She's not interested in commercial work. Only in showing off!
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Gamine(f): 7:50pm On Oct 23, 2006
thank you stevematix
Seun Osewa
shocked me > show off no no
i dont do that
i do commercial stuff oh
i dnt work alone,
maybe u can ask ur brother,
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by stevematix(m): 3:16pm On Oct 25, 2006
hmmm! for a moment there i thought u were being a snob. good to know u aint. pls send me some samples of ur finished work so i can show it to some people who are intersted in an artist. they r into christian magazines
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Gamine(f): 8:40pm On Oct 26, 2006
hey stevematix thnks for understanding im not a snob
anyways hw do i snd my portfolio across
im a Christian thru n thru and i am def interested

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by stevematix(m): 5:28pm On Oct 27, 2006
this is how u can reach me: info_steve@mail2steve.com.

be sure to send ur best works ok.

i'll do my best to get u the deal (since it was me who found u)

cheers
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Gamine(f): 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2006
Stevematix, hmm i want to knoe exactly whut i shld send
computer graphics, edited pics?, drawn art works
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by stevematix(m): 9:35am On Nov 02, 2006
gamine, i understand ur skepticsm. i wan t u to think of it this way; why on earth would i be knocking on ur door if all i wanted to do was still ur art? all i would do is just allow u post them on this site and download them for myself and use as my personal portfolio.

all i want to do is help u make some good with ur talents. being an artist myself (as well as a writer) i know good things wen i see them. DUDETTE!!, u have potential. i want u to work for us. but how can i convince my team that i have found someone with deft art skills if i dont show them a sample of wat u hav done.

take my word for it. u're in this magazine with us.

in answer to ur question, just send ur best works.

stevematix

info_steve@mail2steve.com
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by tyrex(m): 8:27pm On Nov 05, 2006
@prodgalson I'm really interested in 2D (or 2.5D animation in this case) Please could U advice me on the software I would require and how to go about getting them. Thanks a lot.
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by tyrex(m): 6:52pm On Nov 06, 2006
I'm more into portraiture, I do portraits of my friends and family, but since I'm a medical student I rarely have time for art. The work below entitled remi-2 as you can see is unfinished, I still work on it when I have the time. There's also the abstract work I like to call it deceit, I just did that from my imagination a while ago. I think I'm an old school artist I prefer charcoal and pencil, you know I tend to see the world in black and white
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by stevematix(m): 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2006
tyrex, i think the software u mite wanna try out is amcromedia flash. but if ur works requires something more intricate then i recommend u go to this site. www.bauhaussoftware.com only problem u may face is; u may need to buy they products. but believe me their software is the bomb.

cheers
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by tyrex(m): 10:20pm On Nov 09, 2006
@stevematrix, thanks I'll go check it out but about purchasing my virtual kard expired last year and I can't purchase anythin online now.

Currently, I use Corel Rave 3 and Macromedia flash
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by FBI477(m): 4:32pm On Nov 24, 2006
Viante, (using my bro's account like i told you earlier) i must confess that i'm highly impressed with your works. i'm not too surprised, though, that the talent didn't die, thinking about you and Susan back in primary school with your "story books". lol!!

grafikdon, i hail thee!!!! your works are just too tight, mehn!

and all the other artists here, don't stop to love your pencil and paper.

cool cool cool
IBB
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by FBI477(m): 4:34pm On Nov 24, 2006
did i also forget to give special props to KD, my sweet babies mama?! i'm feeling that Pac, girl!
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Gamine(f): 6:02pm On Nov 24, 2006
thnks a bunch IB
it would never die!!
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by damseremie(m): 7:59pm On Nov 24, 2006
To Gamine:
Am really impressed. it may should machoist but Graphics is a male dominated world, its refreshing to see a talented female around.
While this praise is real and heartfelt i have an ulterior motive . I would like to invite you to visit and register (in the forum) at www.3dnigeria.com. Its a site dedicated to computer graphics(both 2d and 3d). Best of all you can post your best work to be displayed on the site.
For now the 2d graphic section of the site is still bare and talents like u are needed to fill it up( of cousre all work must be computer generated--Photoshop,coreldraw, etc. We would also like tutorials written by members

To Tyrex and all others:
You are all invited to join and register at www.3dnigeria.com. Its a chance to learn develop and grow>

If you have already visited, please visit again and register.
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by eslynera(f): 1:23am On Nov 25, 2006
wow, do we have talented peepz in here, cheesy
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by NSNA: 4:58pm On Nov 28, 2006
One from my files

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Gamine(f): 10:29am On Nov 29, 2006
NsNA, thst reli good
i dnt draw animals often
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by NSNA: 9:58pm On Dec 01, 2006
Gamine:

NsNA, thst reli good
i dnt draw animals often

thanks, i like your style too
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by grafikdon: 3:51pm On Jan 04, 2007
Couple of sketches I did this morning while waiting for da good ol Egusi soup, Egusi in the morning you said? Nah. . .I like 'hardcore' breakfast once in a while grin

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Seun(m): 11:02pm On Jan 04, 2007
I can tell that you like violent comics!
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by grafikdon: 10:30am On Jan 05, 2007
No you can't! You're 100000000000000 yards far away from the fact.
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Gamine(f): 12:32am On Jan 06, 2007
i cant bliv i may actually be fallin in luv with Grafikdon shocked, hmm
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Gamine(f): 8:20pm On Jan 26, 2007
God help me, i hvnt been working!!!
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by grafikdon: 11:37pm On Feb 16, 2007
Here's one I did this evening. He's Essien The prince of Omorodion; one of the lead characters in an e-comic I am developing titled " The Groom of Osaro" grin

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by grafikdon: 2:27am On Feb 17, 2007
Here's a pencil sketch, this guy is just a nobody. .

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by grafikdon: 2:50am On Feb 17, 2007
Trying to draw Oyibo this time. smiley

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Gamine(f): 12:09pm On Feb 17, 2007
Wow

that guy has more rings on his face than the jewellry in my locker

the 'oyibo' dosnt look too , she looks more like mulatto
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by moondust(m): 3:25pm On Mar 22, 2007
hi, peeps
              just came across this forum and tot I should feature , Gamine u sure rock 4 a girl,  well here's 1 of my recent works

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Great Art Made With Pencil Shavings / Heavily-tatooed Man With 3D Tattoo on Entire Skin, Eye / NEED A PROFESSIONAL GRAPHICS DESIGNER?... COME IN HERE!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.