Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,948 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:48 AM

Do You Draw Comics? Manga? - Art, Graphics & Video (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / Do You Draw Comics? Manga? (40758 Views)

Oscar Ukonu: The Nigerian Who Can Draw Everything With Pen / You Draw With Pencil And Paper, I Draw With Yarn And Hook - Crochet / Let's Draw! A Hand (Lessons on how to draw) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Seun(m): 6:37pm On Jun 13, 2007
When will we learn to focus on self-development instead of trying to bring down others who are trying their best?
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by grafikdon: 8:35pm On Jun 13, 2007
This is Yinka, the protagonist of a graphic novel in progress. Don't be fooled by the looks. . . she's hard core femme fatale cheesy

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by grafikdon: 12:07am On Jun 14, 2007
Yobachi "Sexy Tomboy"; another character from the graphic novel. grin Obviously, her favourite hobby is beating up boys (kidding lol)

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by dakmanzero(m): 10:21am On Jun 14, 2007
Kemjisuper:

Thanks man  wink, but your comment is only one-in-a-billion! I still have to hear from 999,999,999 more people to believe that my character is made up of crap!  embarassed Manga's not actually our Nigerian way of life so I don't see why u should be so worked up about it while guys like us are just having fun. Take care man, and concentrate on designing your own character (if you don't die during research)  tongue

LOLOLOL!

Kemji u are just impossible to put down!

I like your spirit, its the best for an artist's confidence. You love your stuff and dont care what anyone has to say,  thats good!

In any case Kindly make some changes, dude. Art is for entertainment and it doesnt entertain when it is irritating instead, and guys that like the samurai thing are usually pretty hardcore.

Stuff like this just seems fake to them (us)

Make some effort and Improve the character! I said your artwork is excellent, but the concept is bad! Its not an insult, it is constructive criticism! Research doesnt have to mean reading history, just watch a few anime's and read a few mangas!

But you really should take away the faggoty lipstick already! DUDE! or just make him a girl and get it over with! Lose the GETA's and make him chinese! FINISH! How hard can this be, lololololol

@Gdon, excellence as usual. I like the realistic figure on Yinka without the annoying super-wonderbra-helium-lift boobs and fake ultra-flat tummy fakeness in most cartoon girls. Nice!

Yobachi is however a teeny-tiny step down in quality, I guess u were just doodling away when you created that one, lololol! She doesnt dress like a tomboy, though. In real life, they usually prefer baggy clothes and short hair.  Of course ur gonna have to take licence with the top, as per eye-candy  wink
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by grafikdon: 10:27am On Jun 14, 2007
lol. . . I just like to draw women with some flesh. Yobachi is kinda tomboy-ish in action, moves like dude, whupps butt like a dude but still have some curves. . . wears pants 24/7 to cover her 'tubers of yam' grin
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Kemjisuper(m): 3:56pm On Jun 14, 2007
@Grafikdon

Man, what software do you use for your shading? If it's Photo shop, I won't mind some tips in locating the right tools. Cheers
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by gbadex1(m): 6:46pm On Jun 14, 2007
yeah me too. I still do ma shit pencil-pad/colours wise. You know, that good ol' fashioned traditional way.
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by grafikdon: 8:32pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ Kemji, I use Photoshop. I dunno about tips but I simply use some brush with pretty much low intensity. I use mouse o, tablet and all, I just no dey touch them sef.

@Gbade, yup the good ol fashined way is still cool but you will enjoy the digital ink and paint once you get the hang of it . . . heck I even paint portraits with Photoshop and get even better resulst than oil/acrylics on canvas.
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by moondust(m): 8:53pm On Jun 14, 2007
@thebaron
Thanks dude
if u're talkin about Ikenna Okonkwo, that would be my brother. Dika? I'm not sure,

@Gbade-x
didn't u mention that u've begun some digital colouring on photoshop?
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by moondust(m): 9:12pm On Jun 14, 2007
@ grafikdon

Nice pieces u got there! Great form and colours.
I like 'em.
I don't know, but i guess different stuffs work for different people. I dominantly use the gradient tool for colouring.
though, sometimes , I experiment with the brushes and other interesting effect tools.
here's  something i did way back in school. it was fully hand coloured  but recently I added a little
digital touch to it

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by gbadex1(m): 6:19pm On Jun 15, 2007
@ moondust:

yep, i've started digital colouring but it's still kinda hard n confusing to me. I don't feel all that comfortable with it as i'm used to hand-colouring.

Oh well, that's just by and by. . .will still practice more with Photoshop.
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by grafikdon: 6:55pm On Jun 15, 2007
@Moondust

Yup, in this game there's hardly any fixed rule. People kinda flow with what keeps them from banging their heads on their desk. You sent me that poster back in 2004/2005 not pretty sure about the date but I still got.
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by dakmanzero(m): 9:53pm On Jun 15, 2007
Moondust

Thats ya real name blared for all to see on nairaland o

anonymity is a treasure ooooo
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Gamine(f): 3:34pm On Jun 16, 2007
Hmmm,

##Watching Thread## smiley
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by moondust(m): 1:52pm On Jun 18, 2007
Darkman
u got a point there I'll run and edit it
thanks!
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Gamine(f): 5:38pm On Jun 27, 2007
early photoshop

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Kemjisuper(m): 6:23pm On Jun 27, 2007
Late Photoshop

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by firestar(f): 2:31pm On Jul 06, 2007
smiley( Reading the thread, )

You guys are tight! I wish to post my artwork too, in due time(Where r all my oldies?!!!)
Seun, do you draw? wink
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by desodgi(m): 4:20pm On Jul 07, 2007
that aint art check this out. . .can you so much draw yourself into your drawings?
if you want more just ask,segbo?

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Seun(m): 11:57am On Jul 08, 2007
You guys are talented. Keep it up. If you are good at graphics, try to find a story writer to write for you -> Profit!
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by moondust(m): 4:48pm On Jul 16, 2007
@desodgi:

that aint art check this out. . .can you so much draw yourself into your drawings?
if you want more just ask,segbo?
oga wy are u downloading other people's work and posting up in here? that's not allowed!
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Theoswone: 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2007
'Tsup everyone,

New member here, this topic caught my eye n I had to register. Here's one of my sketches.  Big ups to everyone doing their thing.

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Seun(m): 11:34pm On Aug 06, 2007
Keep it up, guys. I envy your skills. To your drawing, add penciling. To your penciling, add coloring!
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Bigjay(m): 12:20am On Aug 12, 2007
Gamine, all i can say is girl you rock, keep it up
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by grafikdon: 11:30am On Aug 12, 2007
Self portrait from a mirror.

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Gamine(f): 1:00pm On Aug 13, 2007
Haba Grafiki

u cant be that fine nah, grin

Big jay,
thank u smiley

my self potrait, lol o grin

Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by grafikdon: 1:45pm On Aug 13, 2007
Lol @Gamine, since when did you become oyinbo? tongue
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Gamine(f): 6:19pm On Aug 13, 2007
How is dat one oyinbo nah?? grin
no be black n whyte pee-sure
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by grafikdon: 7:01pm On Aug 13, 2007
grin Oyinbo in Black and white. Anyway sha, you fine pass your 'oyinbo' friend in that pee-sure cool
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Gamine(f): 7:04pm On Aug 13, 2007
aah
Unkle
TankU smiley
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by grafikdon: 7:12pm On Aug 13, 2007
You're welcome, my beautiful niece. . . cool
Re: Do You Draw Comics? Manga? by Gamine(f): 5:08pm On Aug 14, 2007
smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

NEED A PROFESSIONAL GRAPHICS DESIGNER?... COME IN HERE!!!! / A Visit To Nike Art Gallery Nigeria. (photos, Video) / Blender3d : Topic On Nairaland (graphics/video) By Amhatu W.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.