Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,983 members, 7,817,901 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:22 PM

Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread (63087 Views)

Poll: Who's gonna win the BBA competition?

Hazel: 3% (7 votes)
Latoya: 1% (3 votes)
Lucile: 1% (3 votes)
Mimi: 2% (6 votes)
Morris: 4% (11 votes)
Muyana: 6% (14 votes)
Ricco: 16% (37 votes)
Sheila: 3% (8 votes)
Takondwa: 2% (5 votes)
Tawana: 1% (4 votes)
Thami: 1% (4 votes)
Uti: 54% (120 votes)
This poll has ended

Big Brother Africa 'hotshots' Official Thread / Big Brother Africa Stargame; Official Thread / Big Brother Africa 5 (the Official Thread) Is Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by JUNIT1(m): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2008
so big brother africa starts on channel 198 on dstv, I'm very excited I am a number one big brother fan, hope the Nigerian contestant there, is a bit better than offuneka, so we can win, what do you guys think, comments analysis, it's all going down in this thread, enjoy. wink
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by naija4laif: 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2008
BBAIII COUNTDOWN:its that time of the year again, calling on all nairalanders that helped out with the BBAII thread,and helped it rocked,lets do it again.

Twelve new housemates will begin an incredible 91 day adventure as M-Net's blockbuster hit reality TV series Big Brother Africa returns to DStv screens continent-wide on Sunday August 24 at 19:00 CAT!

With USD 100 000 up for grabs once again, live 24/7 coverage and a brand new house ready to open its doors, season 3 is set to mirror the runaway success of the first two seasons.

And whilst the identity of the housemates remains secret until the show goes live on air to over 40 African countries, M-Net has confirmed that Kabelo "KB" Ngakane will return as series presenter in a role he reprises from last season. The much-loved Channel O VJ and radio DJ, whose recently released single How Low Can You Go has seen him make the leap from TV personality to performer, will continue to be the primary link between the housemates and series fans.

In addition, M-Net has offered fans of the show a sneak peek at the all new Big Brother house, which underwent a total transformation in preparation for day one.

Comprising two bedrooms, one bathroom, a large lounge, an open plan dining area, a kitchen, diary room and a garden, complete with a striking new pool, it's in the décor that the house marks it's most dramatic differences. Colorful, bold and with a style that can only be described as an eclectic mix of energetic, youthful and fairytale, the Big Brother Africa house is a character all on its own!

Living up to the new series tagline of Wild, Wicked and Wacky, the house includes unique features such as a "clock-themed bathroom" that are destined to capture fan attention and keep housemates entertained. In a house built for the express purposes of isolating housemates from the outside world, in a space where dates and times are excluded, it's definitely worth tuning in to see what the housemates reactions will be to a bathroom jam-packed with clocks that don't tell time!

In addition, the new house is equipped with 24 cameras and 52 microphones to provide audiences with a birds-eye view of the show all day, every day on DStv channel 198. Fans who tune in for the launch show will get the first complete look at the house, from top to bottom!

But the house isn't the only element of the show that has evolved. The Brother Africa team has innovated once more and the popular "˜Shower Hour' will now move from its morning slot to a late-night slot, giving housemates a new twist to life in the BB house!

Now, with the series just days away from launch, anticipation around the series is growing fast as fans wait for the big moment. Also gearing up for the launch is the M-Net website, which last year saw record-breaking traffic as fans of the show voted for evictions, downloaded videos, posted forum messaging and caught up with the latest breaking Big Brother news. The official website of the show is www.mnetafrica.com/bigbrother and it's here that audiences will once more be able to interact with the series.

Given the popularity of Big Brother, several other official "˜fansites' have also sprung up and fans who want to visit these can access them through the official Big Brother Africa website at www.mnetafrica.com/bigbrother

In addition to the Big Brother Africa website, fans can also interact with the series by SMS'ing the Big Brother Africa strapline, which is available on screen on DStv channel 198. For details of SMS numbers to use in each country, for detailed information on the Big Brother Africa housemates and for breaking news from the house, DStv audiences need only press the OK button on their DStv remote to access the series. This "˜OK' function, plus the Big Brother Africa website go live at 21:00 CAT on Sunday August 24. Plus every Tuesday to Friday, fans who've missed any of the Big Brother Africa action can tune in to AfricaMagic Plus channel 115 on all Dstv bouquets for daily edited highlights shows, along with a Monday night nomination show.

For now though, all attention is focused on Big Brother Africa 3 and the all-important launch. So diarize Sunday August 24 at 19:00 CAT, Big Brother Africa 3, on DStv channel 198 and AfricaMagic Plus channel 115 on DStv at 21:00. The launch show is set to feature special performances by Nigerian stars Naeto C and Ikechukwu, as well as the big announcement of the twelve new Big Brother Africa 3 housemates!

So get ready, it's Wild, Wicked and Wacky!

LETS GET IT STARTED, NAIJA ALL D WAY!!!!
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by AKO1(m): 6:39pm On Aug 24, 2008
Forget men that house is tooooooo fiiiine!
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by BluMalam(m): 7:34pm On Aug 24, 2008
I think this should be the official thread.

Mine was solely about the house of reps ban, since that's over, it can be locked
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by BluMalam(m): 7:41pm On Aug 24, 2008
A_K_O:

Forget men that house is tooooooo fiiiine!

Total House Makeover! Nice one BB

With so many drama queens in da house, i predict MAD catfights grin grin grin

+ Uti (naijaman) is a relief from bayo & ofunneka (boooring looks)
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by dre901(m): 8:44pm On Aug 24, 2008
UTI
Too early to say anything but in all cute guys and fine chicks compared to d last time

Rooting for Naija all the way
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by tng(f): 8:46pm On Aug 24, 2008
Hmm, don't think Uti is repping so far. Hoipe he proves me wrong.Really pretty gals this time esp Sheila and Lucille. that hazel chic really has a hot body.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by onyinye2(f): 8:47pm On Aug 24, 2008
Manye i wish they showed this show in the states. undecided
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by AKO1(m): 8:49pm On Aug 24, 2008
BTW multichoice has increased the ratings from 16 to 18, where it should have always have been.

onyinye2:

Manye i wish they showed this show in the states. undecided

Pele smiley
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by tng(f): 8:52pm On Aug 24, 2008
@ A.K.O

Just noticed that myself. Good on them
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Don4life: 9:04pm On Aug 24, 2008
Please help me i dont know wat is wrong My Dstv CHANNLE 198 IS NOT SHOWING IT IS SHOWING E16 YR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUSPENTED.WAT DO I DO HELP ME NW I REALLY NEED TO WATCH IT HELP NEEDED
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Gamine(f): 9:07pm On Aug 24, 2008
oooh!!!!

the station is scrambled!!! how come cry cry cry cry cry cry

please updates n pics, sharp sharp!!! embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

The Naija boy dey represent oo, Fine boy!! kiss kiss kiss
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by papadims: 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2008
Don4life:

Please help me i don't know what is wrong My Dstv CHANNLE 198 IS NOT SHOWING IT IS SHOWING E16 YR ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SUSPENTED.WAT DO I DO HELP ME NW I REALLY NEED TO WATCH IT HELP NEEDED
due to its rating, they can only release the channel on request, i just discovered this morning from a mail they sent to me saying that if you want to have access to the show you should send a txt containing your smart card no to a GSM line before the 21st august, i actually missed the deadline, i tried calling the costumer care line for help without success. pls when you get any latest info about having access to the channel abeg halla me.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Gamine(f): 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2008
pity eh cry
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by naija4laif: 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2008
uti

Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by uche1(m): 9:22pm On Aug 24, 2008
@Gamine what are u doing here? lol hello every body.
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by papadims: 9:30pm On Aug 24, 2008
Gamine:

pity eh cry
thats so cold angry
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Gamine(f): 9:34pm On Aug 24, 2008
omo see fine boy oooh kiss kiss kiss kiss grin grin grin

@Papa

i have the same issue, so whats ya own

@Uche1, what do ya mean undecided
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by BluMalam(m): 9:35pm On Aug 24, 2008
This gotta be tha hottest BBA so far!

The alcohol is taking its toll on 'em, Sheila's dirty dancing!

She's bringin sexy back
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by chuchu: 9:36pm On Aug 24, 2008
Guyz, this BBA 3 is gonna b a special one cos 4 one of Naija's finest in terms of entertainment and charisma has just entered da building. Uti is definitely a relief from the likes of Bayo et al. this brova is full of life and will rock da house. The question is - are we gonna hold it down 4 one of ours or allow this prize go the way of another peverse rugrat? only time will tell, Nuff said. wink
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Gamine(f): 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2008
hen hen!!

this makes me wanna cry!! cry cry

na now then dey throwe pesin go camp

chei!
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by papadims: 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2008
[quote author=Gamine link=topic=162784.msg2701741#msg2701741 date=1219610069

@Papa

i have the same issue, so whats ya own
[quote][/quote]

apologies tendered cool cool
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by AKO1(m): 9:41pm On Aug 24, 2008
Gamine and Papa: Multichoice customer care is off on sundays.

Try tomorrow, good luck. Hope they believe that you actually got the mail late. The second decoder in my crib didnt even get any message.

Its raining!! undecided undecided
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Don4life: 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2008
Please is there any way u can watch bigbrother3 on yr mobile(nokia e65)?
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Gamine(f): 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2008
The LNB of my Dish is blown sef undecided

big wahala dey cry cry cry cry
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Don4life: 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2008
@A_K_O wat is the multi choice customer number
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by AKO1(m): 9:51pm On Aug 24, 2008
Don4life:

Please is there any way u can watch bigbrother3 on yr mobile(nokia e65)?

If youre thinking of streaming it for free, Im afraid thats impossible.

If youre talking about DSTV mobile, I dont know if BBA is in the bouquet.

Better still go and ask the gurus in the phone section.

Gamine:

The LNB of my Dish is blown sef undecided

big wahala dey cry cry cry cry

Eiya undecided
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by AKO1(m): 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2008
Don4life:

@A_K_O what is the multi choice customer number

01-2703232
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by uche1(m): 9:55pm On Aug 24, 2008
I am waiting for the Gasunga part lol
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Gamine(f): 9:57pm On Aug 24, 2008
cry cry cry

Does anyone know how much it could take to replace the LNB?
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Phemour: 10:08pm On Aug 24, 2008
they are welcome

c their prifiles here

http://www.mnetafrica.com/bigbrother/housemates.aspx
Re: Big Brother Africa III (3): Official Thread by Chrisbenogor(m): 10:21pm On Aug 24, 2008
Ok I think our house reps officially suck! Which kind wahala be this, see as all the guys and girls make sense shio.
Men my prediction is Uti hooks up with Sheila who support me, lol
Abeg is anybody watching it give us live commentary.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (25) (Reply)

Meet The Richest Bbnaija 2021 Housemates Currently / Kemen Sexually Harassed Tboss - Payporte Releases Statement / Should I Return This Tv... 1.1m Wasted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.