Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,421 members, 7,850,494 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:08 PM

Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team (970 Views)

Despite The Defeat, Chelsea Wants To Sign Emmanuel Emenike In A €19million Deal / How To Join The Glo Soccer Academy DREAM TEAM / Yakubu Missed A Penalty Against Liverpool In A 3 - 2 Defeat For Blackburn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by mcwalka(m): 10:51am On Aug 23, 2008
it was a very good match today but we lost. I think the keeper (vansekin) is the man to blame for the loss.
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by sect(m): 10:59am On Aug 23, 2008
I think its unfair to attribute the defeat to him. Although he makes silly mistakes sometimes, i still think he's a good keeper with great potentials. All he needs is experience.
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by MrCrackles(m): 11:04am On Aug 23, 2008
mcwalka:

it was a very good match today but we lost is the keeper (vansekin) the man to blame for the loss

quit fucking blaming anyone bruv

Nigerian's are forever not grateful and content!
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by javalove(m): 11:12am On Aug 23, 2008
Brash!:

quit fucking blaming anyone bruv

Nigerian's are forever not grateful and content!
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by bigfather(m): 11:12am On Aug 23, 2008
Abeg stop blaming the poor guy , he did all he could.
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by davidif: 2:34am On Aug 24, 2008
abeg leave the guy, he made a rational decision by rushing out, that's what even Saint Iker Cassillas would do so please leave him alone. In fact, it was Dele Adeleye who didn't run across to tackle Angel di Maria (Angel of Mary) instead of running straight at the goal keeper. Either way, they lads did a good job against the likes of players playing in Barcelona or Real Madrid.
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by dreeldee: 2:39am On Aug 24, 2008
this thread is unnecessary you critic! angry angry
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by tosinadeda: 7:05pm On Aug 24, 2008
lets call a spade a spade jare, he was surely the cause of the goal!!! tell me wut a short goalie is doing rushing out of his 18 yard box?
he caused 3 of the 4goals we conceded at the tournament
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by idupaul: 7:06pm On Aug 24, 2008
yes he did.but itsa all in the past now
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by tosinadeda: 7:08pm On Aug 24, 2008
painful past
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by sayhi2ay(m): 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2008
tosinadeda:

lets call a spade a spade jare, he was surely the cause of the goal!!! tell me what a short goalie is doing rushing out of his 18 yard box?
he caused 3 of the 4goals we conceded at the tournament

its not even about he being short, its about him using his common sense. I mean, the guy have not even gotten in the 18 yard for crying out loud and whats more, he was driving in from the left side corner, not the center, otondo!
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by tosinadeda: 7:14pm On Aug 24, 2008
thank u jare!
am so pissed at the guy
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by dreday(m): 12:30am On Aug 25, 2008
mcwalka:

it was a very good match today but we lost. I think the keeper (vansekin) is the man to blame for the loss.

Seconded and thirded
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by wormedup(m): 9:22am On Aug 25, 2008
Siasia caused us the game period !!! angry

wtf was promise doing on that pitch
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by MeGaStReEt: 1:45pm On Aug 25, 2008
THE PERSON THAT SHUD BE BLAMED IS OKONKWO

THE GUY WITH NUMBER 2 JERSY

WTF DOS HE TINK HE WAS DOING TO HAVE LEFT HIS POSITION

HE SCORED AGAINST BELGIUM, I AM SURE HE WAS STILL WAS STILL EAGER TO SCORE THAT WAS Y THE HE-GOAT LEFT HIS POSITION AND WANTD TO GO AND SCORE,

THEY ALL DID WEL SHA, BUT PROMISE ISAAC [this is a word of advice] SHUD QUIT FUTBAL N LOOK 4 SUMTIN ELSE TO DO, HE CAN BE A GUD RAPPER, HU KNOS

KUDOS SIASIA, U R A LEGEND
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by wilfred84(m): 5:27pm On Aug 25, 2008
@MeGaStReEt grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by McKren(m): 10:59pm On Aug 25, 2008
Football is a game of 11 players, when you win it is as a result of people's effort and when you loose it will be as a result of somebody's error. I do not think Vanzekin should be murdered for coming out because there was no way he would not have come out in that goal that Di Maria scored.

However, Vanzekin's fault might be the timing of his coming out and that is something he has to work on. But I think the defence fell flat in that attack and its unfortunate that the only time we had a clear defensive error, Argentina pounced.

For me what I think won the match for Argentina is not that error but a sense of belief amongst the argentines that it was their right to win. They attacked more while our players sat back a lot. If we went for it in the first half when we had those chances we would have scored and probably the nature of the finals would have been totally different.

I never believed we could win that finals by defending for 90 mins and dont understand why our players thought so. I also believed that if Ogbuke started that game the match would be different.

All the same I congratulate our boys for winning silver and wish them luck in their future endeavours. I also think most of these boys should be integrated into the super eagles.
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by McKren(m): 11:06pm On Aug 25, 2008
MeGaStReEt:

THE PERSON THAT SHUD BE BLAMED IS OKONKWO

THE GUY WITH NUMBER 2 JERSY

WTF DOS HE TINK HE WAS DOING TO HAVE LEFT HIS POSITION

HE SCORED AGAINST BELGIUM, I AM SURE HE WAS STILL WAS STILL EAGER TO SCORE THAT WAS Y THE HE-GOAT LEFT HIS POSITION AND WANTD TO GO AND SCORE,

THEY ALL DID WEL SHA, BUT PROMISE ISAAC [this is a word of advice] SHUD QUIT FUTBAL N LOOK 4 SUMTIN ELSE TO DO, HE CAN BE A GUD RAPPER, HU KNOS

KUDOS SIASIA, You R A LEGEND

Okonkwo was playing left back not right back. Never mind his number 2 shirt
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by macty: 9:22am On Aug 26, 2008
dreday:

Seconded and thirded

leave vansekin, na him fault de maria is a very skillful player in case u don't kno if he had stayed guarding the post wat makes you think he (de maria) still wouldn't score.even enyeama sef for fumble, if we had dat kind of chance am sure we would hv scored also.the Argentine defence was like the [b]GREAT WALL OF CHINA[/b]if u kno wat i mean. shocked
Re: Vansekin Caused The Defeat For The Dream Team by Mustay(m): 10:14am On Aug 26, 2008
Enyeama commended his performance.

he has to learn from his mistakes

(1) (Reply)

This Ijebu-ode Stadium! / How Did Zambia Top Group D / Glenn Hoddle's Corruption Allegations Over Nigeria Job Lead To Inquiry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.