Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,180 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:26 AM

Wedding Embarrazement - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wedding Embarrazement (3288 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wedding Embarrazement by kufreabasi(m): 11:31am On Aug 23, 2008
A bride was embarrased at Iponri b/stop at the early hour of 9:00 am on 23rd August,2008 for being a debtor for about a year. The person the bride owed this money saw him coming inside the car to the wedding ground, he stopped the car held the bride to ransome to pay him his debt. He went and called police for the bride untill the bride was even begging the man to collect the little that was with him.This guy said no,untill he called his friend to help him out before this man could let him go.
what embarrasement. To owe somebody is not good. so count yourself out of this mess.
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by Nella(f): 12:02pm On Aug 23, 2008
omg! are u sure dis happened?
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by kufreabasi(m): 12:29pm On Aug 23, 2008
very very sure
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by WebMonk(m): 1:33pm On Aug 23, 2008
Nasty!

But from the creditor's point of view, he must have concluded he won't be able to collect his debt after her marriage (feels somehow to me sha). so he beat her to it.

But seriously, the debt must have been worth the hassle for the guy sha. Imagine! (life no easy o!)
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by brownbonno(m): 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2008
kufreabasi:

A bride was embarrased at Iponri b/stop at the early hour of 9:00 am on 23rd August,2008 for being a debtor for about a year. The person the bride owed this money saw him coming inside the car to the wedding ground, he stopped the car held the bride to ransome to pay him his debt. He went and called police for the bride untill the bride was even begging the man to collect the little that was with him.This guy said no,untill he called his friend to help him out before this man could let him go.
what embarrasement. To owe somebody is not good. so count yourself out of this mess.

What a crude approach to collect debt.If the creditor was genuine he should have called the police to arrest her in her house days before the wedding.To me,it is a share wickedness,the money don;t worth spoiling her day.
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by Sisikill: 3:27pm On Aug 23, 2008
kufreabasi:

That is just all sorts of wrong!

Haba!
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 23, 2008
You meant the groom? cuz this story is kinda confusing undecided

kufreabasi:

Just to make things clear, isn't the bride the wife-to-be?
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by bigboyslim(m): 5:08pm On Aug 23, 2008
Ruby_Pearl:

You meant the groom? because this story is kind of confusing undecided

Just to make things clear, isn't the bride the wife-to-be?

Ruby you know naija nah. he has simply shortened bridegroom to bride
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 23, 2008
Ok, merci
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by KarmaMod(f): 5:12pm On Aug 23, 2008
bigboyslim:

Ruby you know naija nah. he has simply shortened bridegroom to bride

Um the definition of both words are VASTLY different. Let's take the GENDER for instance.
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by adex285(m): 6:02pm On Aug 23, 2008
Dat wan na lie jo,
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by Outstrip(f): 8:54pm On Aug 27, 2008
There is nothing crude about it. Some people just have the mentality that they will pay when they want to. My mom paid this thief of a carpenter over 100,000 naira to make her kitchen cabinets. The man took the money and has not even come to the house to take measuremnts. I gues she though she was in Americ awhere you can take someone to small claims court if they do not deliver. Experience they say is the best teacher.
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by Nobody: 9:38am On Aug 28, 2008
Men there is nothing wrong with it. Do you know what the man has been going through begging for his money. He was definitely pushed to the wall men. You just might do the same if you are in the same position
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by timbabng(m): 8:46pm On Sep 01, 2008
the man sef na uche
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by olanajim(m): 8:54pm On Sep 01, 2008
The creditor must have reason for that action. I am sorry for the bride. Though I think the creditor should have handled it differently. It is a bad omen and would haunt the bride and groom for life.
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by manmustwac(m): 5:19pm On Mar 08, 2009
Nigerians like strong thing. If u don't show them action dem no go pay you. Actions speak louder than words.
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by Treetop20(m): 6:08pm On Mar 08, 2009
manmustwac:

Nigerians like strong thing. If u don't show them action dem no go pay you. Actions speak louder than words.
ask her for it on her wedding day? shocked
that is very harsh and uncivilized
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by GatorLink(f): 9:02pm On Mar 08, 2009
manmustwac:

rotfl grin grin
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by KIDD(m): 9:55pm On Mar 08, 2009
I'm in the finance industry, we lend to customers, i sometimes help customers and friends who may not qualify with my own and other people's money. Generally, Nigerians have extremely low integrity when it comes to repaying. When it gets very bad and my employer threatens me with suspension, i'm even told by these friends and customers that it's "an occupational hazzard", they have to pay kids school fees abroad first, and so many unbelievable excuses. Truly we have to resort to extreme measures to recover the smallest and biggest debts. Even some of the posts i've seen still reinforce my view that we are just not bothered about our integrity.

For peace of mind, i stopped lending to friends long ago, i hold people by the balls so i can sleep well at night before i lend to them. Cos these guys chase you and do whatever it takes, until they get the money. After that, you see their true colours, so better safe than sorry. I'd do what the creditor did to get my money back, if i were in his shoes. If you do not want to be embarassed, and you want to have your integrity, live up to your obligations. If i were a father and my daughters wedding doesn't hold for this reason, i would tell her that her hubby to be has no integrity and shouldn't be with that kind of fiend. It's good riddance.
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by manmustwac(m): 11:27pm On Mar 08, 2009
my babe in bayelsa owns a boutique shop. Her customers owe her 1.5 million naira from goods that she sold to them on credit during the festive season. This dosen't include nearly 2 millon naira from debts b4 the festive season OH!

Make she go fight her debtors she no go fit. Nigerians are very bad when it comes to paying debts.
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by MrCrackles(m): 11:28pm On Mar 08, 2009
lmfao cheesy
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by GatorLink(f): 11:46pm On Mar 08, 2009
manmustwac:

my babe in bayelsa owns a boutique shop. Her customers owe her 1.5 million naira from goods that she sold to them on credit during the festive season. This dosen't include nearly 2 millon naira from debts b4 the festive season OH!

Make she go fight her debtors she no go fit. Nigerians are very bad when it comes to paying debts.
Ah ahn, why would she loan money like that? undecided
almost 4 million naira? shocked shocked
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by ilaugh1: 11:59pm On Mar 08, 2009
super story.
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by Radiant(f): 12:32am On Mar 09, 2009
KIDD:

so many unbelievable excuses.

I know what you mean. grin
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by Nobody: 2:55am On Mar 09, 2009
if this person has enough money to plan a wedding or getting married then he should have plenty of money to pay his debts(if not, dont get married), i would have done exactly the same thing to him and i would have taken him to the police station to disrupt his marriage.
i hate people who are nice when down/begging, and as soon as the are back on their feet, they forget about who got them there.
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by Nobody: 4:41pm On Mar 10, 2009
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by Outstrip(f): 10:25pm On Mar 10, 2009
chaircover:

Some people are very good at not paying their debts.

I used to sell lace and one pregnant woman bought 6 sets of very expensive lace for her naming ceremony. After many excuses and many sob stories later she finally paid the money when the baby was about to celebrate its first birthday.

She only paid after I went to her house to ask for the money. She then picked a fight with me and told me that is it not only lace that I am selling and I should take it easy jor!

I still have one woman owing me money from December 2007 and I see her in church every Sunday. She even wears the lace to church. What else can I say.

Someone will have to hold me back so I don't strip her naked. I have a cousin that has boutiques in Lagos and it is the same wahala for her. She actually had someone get their gun out when she went to get her money from his house. She is mad sha because when she saw the gun, she charged the man and held him and his gun. The man actually paid her before she left his house. Wicked people. Even when they can afford to they will not pay.
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by manmustwac(m): 5:29pm On Mar 15, 2009
GatorLink:

Ah ahn, why would she loan money like that? undecided
almost 4 million naira? shocked shocked
She dosen't loan money she sells goods. They will buy goods on credit small small if u no gree sell them on credit they will never buy.
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by AloyEmeka9: 6:12pm On Mar 15, 2009
grin grin class A insult.
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by MsTom(f): 3:51pm On Dec 20, 2010
I read on here that the creditor's action was uncivilized. I guess you have not seen or heard of measures taken in civilized countries like america to get a debt paid. Sometimes, tough measures are taken to get a loan paid back. I do watch a show called "repo" (something like that) and I watched an episode where a couple's car was repossed on their wedding day. The woman was in her gown, running after the car that was supposed to take her I believe from the church to the reception. Needless say what next she did to the groom? I hope she didnt file for a divorce afterwards. Just imagine that!
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by Nobody: 7:04pm On Dec 20, 2010
^^^^ i think i saw that episode, black gal was in tears!
havent you heard of the German lady who nearly had her b00b implants repossessed?!

http://www.breastsurgery.net/news/celebrities-and-media/german-woman-faces-breast-implant-repossession
Re: Wedding Embarrazement by kokoye(m): 7:07pm On Dec 20, 2010
You loan someone money and then they indrectly turn you into a beggar simply cos you are asking for your money back years after they promised to repay.

The annoying thing is they know how to make you look like the devil to the public.

(1) (2) (Reply)

14 Year Old Girl Impregnated By Her Father Cries Out "govt Pls Take The Child!" / Why Perfectly Good Husbands Are Being Abandoned / Why Husbands Always Expect All Compromises From Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.