Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,986 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

60% Of Bankers To Lose Their Jobs? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 60% Of Bankers To Lose Their Jobs? (11658 Views)

When People Are Sacked From Their Jobs, Do They Get Paid? / For Bankers, Ex Bankers And Bankers To Be / The Number Of Persons That Lost Their Jobs In Nigeria:The Second Quarter Of 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 60% Of Bankers To Lose Their Jobs? by soloqy: 10:29am On Sep 03, 2008
kmartins

You are such a spammer.
Re: 60% Of Bankers To Lose Their Jobs? by gentysho(m): 3:16pm On Sep 05, 2008
this isa very strange thread, what nonsense
Re: 60% Of Bankers To Lose Their Jobs? by jimmyjam: 7:33am On Sep 06, 2008
Im not surprised at this development. This issue has caused a lot of girls to become virtual prostitutes. what is happening is that those banks cannot pay their loans because the stockmarket is down and also because their boys/managers in the finance departments are not sharp (not exposed, enlightened, educated trained, fast thinking etc)

This could lead to mass sack with the aim of restructuring/resizing. howevr thos people will need to be retrained in order to be reabsorbed into the newly restructured companies. they may also have to travel to other contries where those same banks have invstments.

Another point is that I.T computer/ cell phones are taking peoples jobs away from them , as an attempt by those banks to reduce thier expences and remain profitable with dividends.
Re: 60% Of Bankers To Lose Their Jobs? by idupaul: 11:25pm On Sep 11, 2008
has it happened
Re: 60% Of Bankers To Lose Their Jobs? by abujabooks(f): 12:49pm On Sep 12, 2008
Who will be doing their jobs then?
Re: 60% Of Bankers To Lose Their Jobs? by Babygod: 3:54pm On Sep 12, 2008
BANKERS LOOSE JOB, BANKERS NO LOOSE JOB , WETIN CONCERN ME ?

WETIN CONCERN CRAZEMAN AND COMB ?

THE ISSUE IS, NIGERIAN BANKS HAVE NOT YET REACHED THE STAGE WHERE THEY CAN BE FINANCIALLY COMFORTABLE, THE IS WHY THEY ARE SO DESPERATE TO RAKE IN CASH, WHAT SERVICES DO THE OFFER TO THE MIDDLE INCOME EARNERS AND LOWER CLASS, WHAT THEY JUST NEED IS YOUR MONEY, NO MATTER WHAT A BANK CAN NEVER GIVE U ANY THING FREE, THEY DEVISE SCHEMES TO STEAL YOUR MONEY, EITHER THRU ATMS OR UR DEPOSITS

INFACT DEM BE THIEVES !

MAKE DEM SORT THEMSELVES OUT

ANY WAY I NO FIT WORK FOR COMPANY WEY GO MAKE ME SET UNREALISTIC TARGETS , HOW U GO TELL A STAFF MAKE HIM REALISE 1.2 BILLION PER ANUM WHEN HIM ANNUAL SALARY NO REACH 1.2 MILLION

ANY WAY THAT NA MADNESS,NA SUFFERMAN JOB BE THAT
Re: 60% Of Bankers To Lose Their Jobs? by cgift(m): 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2008
stop peddling false info. this cant happen?
Re: 60% Of Bankers To Lose Their Jobs? by simmy(m): 12:04pm On Nov 19, 2008
look, its a tough world, only the fittest survuve,. shit or get off the pot. if u dont have what it takes to work in a bank go work someplace else. do u think its easy to earn all those monies these bankers get paid these days?
Re: 60% Of Bankers To Lose Their Jobs? by sleemgal(f): 1:41am On Jan 03, 2009
see all of u, after readin through majority of ur post, i realised most of u r talkin vague based on lack of knowleddge on hw d industry works n wt it entails,
d discusion is meant for people hu knw hw it works k, n d fact still remain with d stock market crasdh n reformation over d past mths, nt only nigerian banks r affected, other countries n industries r affected even d entrpreneurs, do u knw hw much gates n trump n their likes lost via d recession.
its a survival of d fittest, hwever reassurance that d current situation would recover of which it is sooner dan we ve envisaged.
n addressin d main topic of 60percent bankers bla bla
u should knw that nigerian journalist r as low minded n narrow minded as dey display in their reports, abeg, lets nt speculate nonsense n b naive bout obvious facts, marketers of d banking industry constitute of about 20percen or even less of d whole bankers in naij, this is not a fact but based on my assumption as
a typical bank brach with bout 30 employee has bout 5 of them as markets, nt forgettin other units of bankin because that is just retail bankin i.e investment, capital, hr, auditin, mgt, bla bla
so wt r y'll talkin bout haba
coupled with d fact that even if dey lay of marketers, it would b at d branch manger , regional mgr discretion mayb d guy is really redundant n nt contributin
.it also hapens any/everywhere u dnt xpect to b retained when u r nt delieverin as promised, its a contract n bth parties must kip their side orelse it becomes void
conversely, if d banks feel dey r overstaffed n incapable of renumeratin their staff appropraitely, y in christ name would dey kip recruitin new guys, general speculation alongside defined facts ve deduced that d bankin industry in naij isnt just d only highest recruitin industry it also recruits bout 10 staff everyday if nt more considerin d fact that people r also leavin 4 diff reasons
lets b positivist n encourage rather dan sit dwn idle n evaluate trival issues frm an illiterate n naive point of view k, bankin industry isnt just bout marketin n bringin in deposits, in as much as i agree that ours is rather corrupt, it applis to d oil n telecom industry also,
we should debate on hw to make things better
Re: 60% Of Bankers To Lose Their Jobs? by bobotee1(m): 9:34am On Jan 30, 2009
abeg make una wey no dey work for bank leave that one go www.tegainsurance.com

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Project & Data Analysis Using SPSS, Eviews, DAD, STATA Others / For Physics With Electronics Professioner / Advice On Being An Actuary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.