Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:20 PM

Nigerian Pidgin English as Our National Language? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Nigerian Pidgin English as Our National Language? (19066 Views)

The Push For PIDGIN As Nigeria's Second National Language / Nigerian Pidgin English And Their Meanings / Nigerian Pidgin Internet Slangs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Pidgin English as Our National Language? by udonna20(m): 12:48pm On Nov 30, 2010
We, of Mercy Christian Ministry International want to inform you of two very important projects that have been completed in Nigeria:

1. The Nigerian Pidgin Language Primer
This Primer teaches Nigerians how to read and write the Nigerian Pidgin Language (NPL), which is a language spoken by over 70 million Nigerians.
The alphabet and orthography of the NPL was standardized in a workshop held at University of Ibadan which was organized by Late Prof. Kay Williamson (of University of Port Harcourt) and Mercy Christian Ministry International (MCMI) in February 2003.

The Nigerian Pidgin Language alphabet can be downloaded at
http://www.mercy-christian-ministry.org/nigerian-pidgin-language-alphabet.html

The Nigerian pidgin Language primer can be downloaded at
http://www.mercy-christian-ministry.org/nigerian-pidgin-language-primer.html

This project will be of immense benefit to the stability and development of the Niger Delta and other areas of the country. This is because, for the first time, MCMI working with other experts have standardized Nigerian Pidgin Language as a medium of communication which the government can use to communicate written information to the people of the Niger Delta and other people in Nigeria.

2. The Nigerian Pidgin Language Bible (NPLB)
The Nigerian Pidgin Language Bible is a product of an 11-year translation work by Mercy Christian Ministry International. The New Testament is now ready for publication and can be read online at

www.mercy-christian-ministry.org/nigerian-pidgin-language-new-testament.html

This Bible will be distributed to all Nigerians free of charge.

Note: We are still posting the books of New Testament online for people to read free

We seek your support financially, morally, spiritually and your comments and advice
http://www.mercy-christian-ministry.org/support-nigerian-pidgin-language-bible.html

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Pidgin English as Our National Language? by cadanre(m): 2:06pm On Nov 30, 2010
No! I cannot recommend that. Pidgin is being spoken in some not all parts of Nigeria. See me, I cannot speak pidgin and have no interest in learning it. There is no meaning in converting it to national language. Lets speak pure grammar not contamineted pidgin.
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English as Our National Language? by temnegahl: 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2010
hello I hope i have the right topic forum but how do i say "egbe ilu ore mi titi"

in english? thank you cheesy
Re: Nigerian Pidgin English as Our National Language? by tck2000(m): 3:58pm On Jun 28, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Alaafin Of Oyo, Ooni Of Ife, Wole Soyinka, Amosun At African Drums Festival / Prince Sadiku Bayero Set To Wed (Photos) / Governor Akeredolu Receives Wole Soyinka (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.