Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,909 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

Jjmm - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jjmm (1126 Views)

Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State Loses Senate Election / IBB, Abdulsalami Reconcile Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State With Deputy Gov. / Court Declares APC Candidate Winner Of Niger senatorial Election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jjmm by Nobody: 5:20pm On Aug 27, 2008
Ujop
Re: Jjmm by ssRhino: 5:27pm On Aug 27, 2008
If this is really true, then, i commend those boys, i think the govt shd just embrace them and build on what they have done.
Infact the entire Niger-Delta thing, i think the govt shd be dealt with really bad, cos the fight is just ridiculous, all the big oil coy will come to their hood, tap the oil and leave the land for the farmer and Fishermen useless, and they expect them to me quiet?
Although, i am sure the govt cld get the refinery done if they really wanna, but then, if they do, how would they get the brown envelope they get monthly, it is all a game of chess.
Useless pple
Re: Jjmm by texazzpete(m): 5:33pm On Aug 27, 2008
The local refineries are extremely crude, and cannot produce any appreciable volume. They serve only to provide fuel of some sort than can be burned in some IC engines. I doubt any chieftain there will be putting that into his own personal car anytime soon.

I wonder. . .if the orignal poster did any chemistry while in school. The refining process is pretty complex.

@poster
You do realize you're advocating theft, don't you? The excuse of promoting 'jobs for youths' does not hold water here.
Re: Jjmm by ssRhino: 5:40pm On Aug 27, 2008
texazzpete:

The local refineries are extremely crude, and cannot produce any appreciable volume. They serve only to provide fuel of some sort than can be burned in some IC engines. I doubt any chieftain there will be putting that into his own personal car anytime soon.
I wonderif the orignal poster did any chemistry while in school. The refining process is pretty complex.
@poster
You do realize you're advocating theft, don't you? The excuse of promoting 'jobs for youths' does not hold water here.

Fine, there is no volume to what they ave done, and also cant be used in da cars, but it is a head start and compared to all the billions that the govt have wasted and nothing to show for it.
Talking of advocating theft, i dont think so, i think this is about some group of pple looking for justice, what would u call a hacker that has been give a technical security position with so much to go with it, would that mean rewarding a thief?
Re: Jjmm by Kobojunkie: 5:50pm On Aug 27, 2008
$$Rhino:

Fine, there is no volume to what they ave done, and also can't be used in da cars, but it is a head start and compared to all the billions that the govt have wasted and nothing to show for it.
Talking of advocating theft, i don't think so, i think this is about some group of people looking for justice, what would u call a hacker that has been give a technical security position with so much to go with it, would that mean rewarding a thief?

Being LEGALLY employed to hack is diffrent from ILLEGALLY HACKING. Stealing and modifying Oil is illegal, no matter which way you cut it and potentially seriously dangerous. I understand these kids are desperate but I am not too sure of this.

These same could put together business documents, set up samples and go out there LEGALLY to look for investors in their ideas. I mean is sort of the case of the poor woman who resorts to stealing to feed her family. Stealing is Stealing.
Re: Jjmm by Nobody: 6:03pm On Aug 27, 2008
@https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=3287
No i didn't study chemistry
The issue is not abourt the process involved,
What i am saying is that if Govenment had wanted to solve that problem, i mean built refinery, they would have done it,
they didn't do it becos those at the helm our affairs will lose all the gains they get from refining crude abroad.
You are quick to point out that it is theft
what do you call those that subjected us to that situation at all because of their personal gains
Are they not the Bigger Thief

you said their volume is not much
i agree
but do you know how many of the local refinery are in existence
Anyway, what do i need volume for if i can get 50 litres everyday and my neighbour gets and his neighbours gets and so on has'nt the volume increased?
Re: Jjmm by ssRhino: 6:05pm On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Being LEGALLY employed to hack is diffrent from ILLEGALLY HACKING. Stealing and modifying Oil is illegal, no matter which way you cut it and potentially seriously dangerous. I understand these kids are desperate but I am not too sure of this.

These same could put together business documents, set up samples and go out there LEGALLY to look for investors in their ideas. I mean is sort of the case of the poor woman who resorts to stealing to feed her family. Stealing is Stealing.

Most Legal hackers stated illegally, it starts withs ome little kids wth too much time in his hands and trying to show that he got some skills, and when discovered and back from jail, mostly get a job with high paid coys.
In a situation, where they steal the Oil and modify it, i am sorry to say that what do theye xpect when 85% of the population cant even get a job and yet their parents struggles to send them to school and yet we have some fools in da name of leadership stashing the money away in their houses.
Re: Jjmm by ssRhino: 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2008
angelloven:

@https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?action=profile;u=3287
No i didn't study chemistry
The issue is not abourt the process involved,
What i am saying is that if Govenment had wanted to solve that problem, i mean built refinery, they would have done it,
they didn't do it because those at the helm our affairs will lose all the gains they get from refining crude abroad.
You are quick to point out that it is theft
what do you call those that subjected us to that situation at all because of their personal gains
Are they not the Bigger Thief

you said their volume is not much
i agree
but do you know how many of the local refinery are in existence
Anyway, what do i need volume for if i can get 50 litres everyday and my neighbour gets and his neighbours gets and so on has'nt the volume increased?

I love you thinking jare.
A nation where the manager will fix deposit the salary of a whole nation and yet that is no stealing, but it is stealing now that some boys are trying top feed.
Re: Jjmm by bawomolo(m): 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2008

aren't u encouraging theft, is not as if these refiners are paying fees to the government
Re: Jjmm by Kobojunkie: 6:14pm On Aug 27, 2008
$$Rhino:

I love you thinking jare.
A nation where the manager will fix deposit the salary of a whole nation and yet that is no stealing, but it is stealing now that some boys are trying top feed.

The reason why Nigeria is where it is today is because we did not go after the big thieves so the small thieves with numbers now in the millions felt it was ok to get in for personal gain. Now if we want to deal with the problem once and for all. Don’t you think we should attack the BIG thieves and the small thieves at the same time? If all the BIG thieves where to suddenly die off tomorrow, don’t you see we already have a replacement batch from the SMALL THIEVES group to take over before the end of the very same day?

Government is bad is no reason for the people to change the rules and allow some to steal and get away with it. Remember, there was a time when people were against corruption, now people embrace it cause most everyone is doing it. Is this really the Nigeria we want or the Nigeria we are trying to get rid of?
Re: Jjmm by ssRhino: 6:14pm On Aug 27, 2008
bawomolo:

aren't u encouraging theft, is not as if these refiners are paying fees to the government

and why shd they pay any fee or taxes to some govt that has disappointed them, instead of looking for ways to deal with their concerns, all they are worried about is how to kill them all, if Ijebu Ode or Kaduna is messed the way they ave done to Niger_Delta, i am sure, we wont be saying all this big grammers.
Re: Jjmm by Nobody: 6:15pm On Aug 27, 2008
Why should they make contribution in the name of tax knowing it will end up in one or few men's pocket?
What has been done the tax collected so far from the hungry masses and windfall of excess crude
provide jumbo salary for political office holder?
does that encourage anyone to pay tax ine Nigeria
Bros No one pays tax here ecxcept when they needed that tax clearance for something important
I bet you, even thos Big Thief at Abuja does not pay dime as tax
Re: Jjmm by ssRhino: 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2008
Kobojunkie:

The reason why Nigeria is where it is today is because we did not go after the big thieves so the small thieves with numbers now in the millions felt it was ok to get in for personal gain. Now if we want to deal with the problem once and for all. Don’t you think we should attack the BIG thieves and the small thieves at the same time? If all the BIG thieves where to suddenly die off tomorrow, don’t you see we already have a replacement batch from the SMALL THIEVES group to take over before the end of the very same day?

Government is bad is no reason for the people to change the rules and allow some to steal and get away with it. Remember, there was a time when people were against corruption, now people embrace it cause most everyone is doing it. Is this really the Nigeria we want or the Nigeria we are trying to get rid of?

I so much agree with you, there is no doubt that we need to get the big, medium and the small thieves, however, till the govt do something about pple going to bed with no food, and pple leaving schools and no job, and no other means to survive, my guy, there is no solutions, tell me what pple lke obasanjo has made all his billions?
We want nigeria to move forward, but cant and wont be at the expense of the lil wigs
Re: Jjmm by ssRhino: 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2008
angelloven:

Who Is More Handsome Between Okotie And Oyahkilome

How cares?
Re: Jjmm by bawomolo(m): 6:30pm On Aug 27, 2008
$$Rhino:

and why should they pay any fee or taxes to some govt that has disappointed them, instead of looking for ways to deal with their concerns, all they are worried about is how to kill them all, if Ijebu Ode or Kaduna is messed the way they ave done to Niger_Delta, i am sure, we wont be saying all this big grammers.

because not paying tax is ILLEGAL and how safe are these refineries. guess who would be blamed if one of these refineries gobbles up a whole village, the nigerian government of course. exactly how is the oil distributed and what is the quality of the oil been produced. how do they take care of their waste. it's a noble idea but there are environmental and economic concerns about it.

by the way, if u are concerned about where ur tax money goes to, elect capable leaders .we can't have all these talk about states generating revenue if people avoid tax.
Re: Jjmm by bawomolo(m): 6:32pm On Aug 27, 2008
Bros No one pays tax here ecxcept when they needed that tax clearance for something important

pls refrain from complaining about bad roads, schools etc if u don't pay taxes.
Re: Jjmm by ssRhino: 6:36pm On Aug 27, 2008
bawomolo:

because not paying tax is ILLEGAL and how safe are these refineries. guess who would be blamed if one of these refineries gobbles up a whole village, the nigerian government of course. exactly how is the oil distributed and what is the quality of the oil been produced. how do they take care of their waste. it's a noble idea but there are environmental and economic concerns about it.

by the way, if u are concerned about where your tax money goes to, elect capable leaders .we can't have all these talk about states generating revenue if people avoid tax.

u are yet to understand what i am talking about.
It is illegal not to pay tax, however, Niger_dalta is known to be a region in wahala of late, so all i am saying is that govt cld build on what this guys has done, and make a better stuff, cos they have the fund and the manpower unlike the youths in niger delta, if the govt cld do this, and offer a good job to this guys, they will not only get the tax from them, but they will have a better and developed nations and such youth will be loyal.

bawomolo:

please refrain from complaining about bad roads, schools etc if u don't pay taxes.

i will always complain, cos it is my right as a citizen to drive on a good raod and not some death trap nonesense.
Re: Jjmm by bawomolo(m): 6:41pm On Aug 27, 2008
u are yet to understand what i am talking about.
It is illegal not to pay tax, however, Niger_dalta is known to be a region in wahala of late, so all i am saying is that govt cld build on what this guys has done, and make a better stuff, because they have the fund and the manpower unlike the youths in niger delta, if the govt cld do this, and offer a good job to this guys, they will not only get the tax from them, but they will have a better and developed nations and such youth will be loyal.

agreed.

i will always complain, because it is my right as a citizen to drive on a good raod and not some death trap nonesense.

it's hard to generate revenue when people don't pay tax.
Re: Jjmm by ssRhino: 6:44pm On Aug 27, 2008
bawomolo:

agreed.

it's hard to generate revenue when people don't pay tax.

Tell me what they have done with all the revenue they have made since 1960?
Please show me what they have done, so maybe it is better we all dont pay taxes, cos we dont have raods, we all use generators and have to buy diesel by self, we have to use our own energy to boil water, so what is the usefulness of the taxes oh.
No light, we all use candle, and paying taxes and buying candle is like double jeopardy.
Re: Jjmm by Ibime(m): 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2008
Until Nigeria start paying tax, tings no go better.

Unfortunately, the system is so steeped in corruption that one feels the elite political class are not interested in introducing and enforcing a sustainable tax system.

One cannot blame the people for not paying the tax but the Govt for not enshrining it in the national modus operandi. Any man would do whatever he can not to pay tax, even in the West. It is a natural instinct. Hence, we have have tax havens like Monaco et al. Even myself, I have never paid for TV licence (£120.00/year). Imagine me, a Naija man paying TV licence. I never finish to pay student loan, na TV licence I go pay? That is not in my culture abeg. So the point is, its down to the Govt. to enforce such taxes. Taxes require accountability - and the ruling classes of Nigeria no want hear that one.
Re: Jjmm by ssRhino: 6:59pm On Aug 27, 2008
Ibime:

Until Nigeria start paying tax, tings no go better.

Unfortunately, the system is so steeped in corruption that one feels the elite political class are not interested in introducing and enforcing a sustainable tax system.

One cannot blame the people for not paying the tax but the Govt for not enshrining it in the national modus operandi. Any man would do whatever he can not to pay tax, even in the West. It is a natural instinct. Hence, we have have tax havens like Monaco et al. Even myself, I have never paid for TV licence (£120.00/year). Imagine me, a Naija man paying TV licence. I never finish to pay student loan, na TV licence I go pay? That is not in my culture abeg. So the point is, its down to the Govt. to enforce such taxes. Taxes require accountability - and the ruling classes of Nigeria no want hear that one.

trust me, if pple see what the taxes are being used for, they will not mind to pay the taxes, but in a place where u pay and yet nothing to show for it, there are tendency that i wont wanna pay, cos i will pay and obasanjo and yaradua will use the money to go for lunch in america, and still be without road, good schools, job and all others, so my guy scr*ew them
Re: Jjmm by ow11(m): 7:36pm On Aug 27, 2008
@Ibime

You no want make BBC chop?

@poster

The boys are stealing oil but I want to take rhino's stand and advocate collaboration rather than killing them off. Use them and make them security personnel to the pipelines. If they are eating from the pipelines without blowing them up, hell they'll protect them with their life.
Re: Jjmm by ssRhino: 7:43pm On Aug 27, 2008
ow11:

@Ibime

You no want make BBC chop?

@poster

The boys are stealing oil but I want to take rhino's stand and advocate collaboration rather than killing them off. Use them and make them security personnel to the pipelines. If they are eating from the pipelines without blowing them up, hell they'll protect them with their life.

may u walk and never stumble jare, if you ever stumble, may u stumble on fine babes.
Re: Jjmm by bawomolo(m): 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2008
$$Rhino:

Tell me what they have done with all the revenue they have made since 1960?
Please show me what they have done, so maybe it is better we all don't pay taxes, because we don't have raods, we all use generators and have to buy diesel by self, we have to use our own energy to boil water, so what is the usefulness of the taxes oh.
No light, we all use candle, and paying taxes and buying candle is like double jeopardy.

i believe governors like fashola are actually using taxes for good things. of course the nigerian government has an history of embezzling funds but the truth remains nigerians need to pay tax and their bills. we complain about NEPA/PHCN but the reality was that nigerians owed hundreds of billions in electric bills. u can't complain about government not functioning if u don't pay ur taxes or bills. same goes for not voting.

there is an environment concern with these refineries, what if an oil spill happens, what if the refineries blows up, what if the ungraded oil get into the market, what amount of pollutants are they releasing. these guys have no choice but to negotiate with the government.
Re: Jjmm by ifyalways(f): 11:06pm On Aug 27, 2008
@Topic,how true is this story?any link to its source?
$$Rhino:

may u walk and never stumble jare, if you ever stumble, may u stumble on fine babes.

pardon me,are u karid?
Re: Jjmm by Reese1: 12:37am On Aug 28, 2008
Regarding the tax issue, people need some kind of income before they can pay tax , and since majority of the freaking population is unemployed anyway, it'll be kinda hard to get that tax, the whole thing is like a vicious cycle undecided
Re: Jjmm by Kobojunkie: 12:40am On Aug 28, 2008
Reese1:

Regarding the tax issue, people need some kind of income before they can pay tax , and since majority of the freaking population is unemployed anyway, it'll be kind of hard to get that tax, the whole thing is like a vicious cycle undecided

MBA!!!! no lie, you don check how much in taxes all those wey dey buy million dollar houses for Lekki don skip on? The tax alone fit fix Ikorodu. lol, Tax helps create jobs. So no matter what percentage end up paying tax, it helps a great deal.
Re: Jjmm by texazzpete(m): 5:01pm On Aug 28, 2008
Since you're so generous in your opinions to people looting, and you can excuse theft because of the prevailing economic conditionin Nigeria, i hope you're equally happy to welcome armed robbers into your home?

Nigerians tend to be generous with things that aren't theirs.

(1) (Reply)

Female Contractors Hold Commissioner Hostage; Commissioner Begs On His Knees / Oldest Man On Earth / Proof That Osama Bin Laden Is Dead!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.